Indiana university basketball on the radio
2010.12.26 23:57 kharasho Miami Heat
A subreddit for Miami Heat fans from all around the world! 🏆🏆🏆
2011.04.13 17:25 Swampfunk IU Reddit
**Proud home of Reddit's best University and Hoosiers.**
2011.06.30 03:14 Wisconsin Badgers
2023.06.10 05:58 fakemanhk 1 week ago I called 119 and admitted to emergency, and apparently I became a teaching case in hospital
Last weekend, due to fast spreading of weird skin rash and unusual foot joint pain which made me losing ~90% of walking ability (I can only barely standing by holding something), I was unable to go for medication without calling 119 (I am on 2/F of a detached house I don't think there can be any other option for me).
Called 119 first time, didn't expect that they don't have anyone can speak English??!! But anyway ambulance mem came and grabbed me. I heard from them that most likely they will just treat my pain to allow me to walk then will be discharged, this was expected and I am looking for clinic to visit in coming few days.
In hospital I showed them that I had actually visited another doctor a day ago about my skin rash so just need to focus on how to make my feet to stop feeling painful then I can go. Soon I was told the joints are good and they did not find a way to make the pain stop, during inspection they found that I was having fever as well. The medical intern seemed to be lost and went to get a senior. The senior came and checked, also have no idea about my situation, and at that time my fever wasn't stopped even with acetaminophen injection. Since it's already night time and my fever was non-stop, I was asked to stay in hosipital for a night and wait for blood test result to see what happened. And of course I am fine with that (I was worrying how to go back home if I got kicked out from hosipital under that condition).
Following day I saw a group of doctors came in to my room, also with quite a lot of medical interns, I hope they can tell me something from blood test but result was negative, no finding, no conclusion. And without painkiller my fever just won't stop, even I was given antibiotics. More doctors bringing their fellow practicing one to check my case. I was wondering if my case can raise interest to them?
Later they told me that they suspected me getting rare diseases that they've never seen, and arranged more blood test for bacteria culture, body CT scans to look for tumour, skin biopsy, X-ray, HIV/TB test, etc....and during those days they still didn't find a good way that can stop me from getting high fever. I still remember there was a few nights that I slept with a few pillow sized cooling pad because the daily limit of acetaminophen was hit already and they cannot give me NASID continously.
On the 4th day finally pathologist should have found some evidence from my skin biopsy but they need to make sure I have no self immue disease so I had to wait for another doctor to confirm from an university. The verdict was presented to me on 5th day, it's also a group of doctors and try to explain me that my case matches SWEET Syndrome which is a very rare syndrome in dermatology since I have no any blood related disease nor tumor and no cause can be found.
During all those days, every day there must be senior doctors bringing their interns (and they take notes!), I still remember the small surgery of skin biopsy there were 10 people in the operation room! Oh well but at least they got the conclustion eventually and now their head of dematology becomes my main doctor and continue the treatment with their team.
Now it's my time to study how to pay the hospital charge with insurance, it looks complicated.
submitted by fakemanhk
to japanlife [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:57 nothewing Little Successes I'd Like To Share
Recent small successes I'd like to share. So last week, I know I need to pay my rent soon. I have enough in my bank to do so, but I was thinking it will make things much easier if I have an extra $1000 so I wouldn't need to be tight on money. While I was visualizating for an SP, I also manifest at the side to have an extra $1k to make things easier for the month. Then I promptly forgot about it. Guess what? A few days later, I received tax refund that's over $1k. Amazing! For context, I have no idea when the tax refund will come in since it's been a few months since I filed it, and I also didn't know the exact amount that I'll receive (don't ask why...).
Today after work, I wanted to go to my favorite restaurant to reward myself. I queue up online but I was like the 19th in line, estimated wait was like an hour. Then I looked up my second favorite restaurant and decided, I'll go there instead. For no reason I had this pull in me to go to the first restaurant, even though I'm still long in line. I gave into the feeling and went. Guess what, when I approached the host, I got seated right away! Granted, it's much easier to seat a 1 person party and at the counter, but still it was peak dinner rush hour. When I got seated it was tight, right next to another customer. But couple mins after, he was done and left. I've got huge space for myself most of the meal. Lucky!
When I was driving home after, I noticed almost all traffic lights were green, or turned green when I got to it, and other cars for some reason were giving way to me (so I barely have obstacles). Smooth sailing all the way home. I was smiling the whole time.
I don't care if they are just coincidences or not, I chose to believe it was the universe (me) that manifested all these. Slowly and gradually, I know my SP will be too- I've seen the 555 signs multiple times. I choose to be free, and choose to believe.
That's all, thought I'd share some positivities around!
submitted by nothewing
to lawofattraction [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 qveyo Should I move to a different state/country and if so where?
In a few years from now I will graduate college and work. I am wondering about where I should live or what place is right for me. Right now I live in a small town in Indiana. I was thinking about moving to a somewhat bigger city in Indiana, but now I’m not to sure if I want to stay here or not. One of my friends thinks I would like it in Japan and another thinks I would like it in California. So I’m going to list my preferences for what kind of area I would want to live in or just random information that might make a difference.
-I prefer to live in a suburban type area. (Somewhere that isn’t a huge city but not a small town either.)
-I want to live in a house. I would hate living in an apartment building forever.
-I would want to have my own car and drive it around. I don’t think I would like being in a subway all the time.
-I don’t want to live somewhere that has a high crime rate. I want there to be little crime.
-I want to live in a safe place. I don’t want to deal with dangerous places weather that be people or issues with nature.
-I think it would be cool to live in a beachy area but I also don’t want to deal with hurricanes.
-I think it would be cool to live in California but they have a lot of wildfires and things are expensive there. But maybe it wouldn’t matter if I made a lot of money.
-I want a decent sized backyard. I want to own a trampoline.
-I don’t plan on having kids and I probably won’t get married either.
-I want to be able to walk around and get exercise.
-I would want there to be nice places to shop.
-I don’t want to live in a boring place with nothing to do.
-I would love to explore my city and go to new places in it and walk around a lot.
-I would prefer to be in a liberal area. I would want to be around people that are pro lgbt.
-If I ever got raped and got pregnant I would want to get an abortion.
-I want to live around kind and chill people.
-I want it to be quite around my house, or at least pretty quite. As for in town I don’t care as much.
-I can’t handle supper hot environments. I have been to Florida and it’s too hot for me. I wouldn’t prefer to live in a super cold environment either but if I had to choose I would prefer a cold environment over a hot one. But a place with like a 60 degree Fahrenheit temperature would be nice.
-I don’t want to live in a poor area. I want to live in a place that I would make a lot of money from or at least a decent amount. (I plan on becoming an interior designer.)
-I would probably need to live in a somewhat busy city for my job. There aren’t many interior design jobs in small towns.
-I would probably prefer to live in the U.S. If I did move to a different country I would probably go to Canada.
-I hate super busy traffic.
-I get lost easily and I need to use a GPS a lot.
-I don’t know if I really care about being around relatives. A lot of my friends and family live out of state and my parents and grandparents and a couple of other relatives live in Indiana. I wouldn’t mind not seeing them all the time.
-I would want to live in a house that’s modern, minimalistic, and an average size.
-I would prefer to live at least somewhat close to work.
-I don’t want to work more than 40 hours a week. A couple of hours less would be cool. I would want a lot of vacation breaks. I would not want to work on the weekends. I would probably like a normal Monday through Friday 9-5 job.
-I would prefer to stay in one area and not move around all the time.
-I have a tree but allergy so even if I did move to a random country I would have to be careful about the food. I also hate seafood.
-I want to do my own laundry at my house.
-I like cloudy weather the best.
-I hate snow and ice and I get super anxious when driving in the winter.
-I don’t like wind and I don’t care for super sunny weather.
-I don’t mind rain that much.
-I don’t want to be in a super foggy place.
-I want to be able to hang out with friends on the weekends.
So based on this information, what place do you think would fit best for me? Thanks!
submitted by qveyo
to makemychoice [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 maxmersmann Joining pickup
I just started playing basketball on my timy liberal arts college's intramural season. I play B team and the a-team isn't particularly good, but I've progressed enough to at least be one of the better b teamers. Over the summer I want to practoce at the park, but I don't have other people to play with and i keep getting anxious to join an existing group. Do you just walk up to people playing a game and ask to join? When theres an even number of people do you wait for another random person? If I suck will it be a large annoyance for everyone else? maybe I'm not built for this lol.
submitted by maxmersmann
to BasketballTips [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:54 maxk713 The Shortcomings of Mega Evolution
Pokemon X and Y will be celebrating its 10th anniversary soon. With this in mind and more support for the Generation 6 games popping up, I felt it was time to look back at the game’s most defining feature: Mega Evolution.
Mega Evolution continues to be one of the most requested features to return to the Pokemon series. Despite many different attempts in other generations to introduce newer and better mechanics, fans continue to ask for Megas. It's easy to see why too. The ability to transform with buffed stats, a better ability, and a fresh new look would make any Pokemon exciting to use again.
While Mega Evolution is viewed favorably, it may not be as good as fans remember. I’m hoping to explore its shortcomings along with a few ideas on how to fix it. I do lean into a competitive perspective, but many points can still be applied to casual story playthroughs. With that said, here are 15 reasons that I believe made Mega Evolution a weak mechanic.
- Not all Pokemon can use Mega Evolution
- The Opportunity Cost with a Weaker Mega Evolution
- Only One Mega Evolution per Battle
- The Base Forms were Outclassed
- Blocked New Evolutions
- Increase of 100 BST
- Mega Stones and Held Items
- Dependence on Abilities
- The Template for Megas was too Strict
- Multiple Mega Forms were Rare
- Min/Max Playstyle
- No Counterplay
- Team Building
- No Risk to Activate
- Cannot Transform Back
Not all Pokemon can use Mega Evolution Thanks to the power of hindsight, it is more clear what a problem this was for Mega Evolution, seeing as all future generational gimmicks have avoided the issue. The only Pokemon that could use Mega Evolution were those that were given a Mega form. If your favorite Pokemon did not have a Mega form, it simply could not engage with the mechanic. Other than giving every fully evolved Pokemon a Mega form, I do not see an easy way out of this problem.
The Opportunity Cost of a Weaker Mega Evolution Competitive play will always seek out the most optimal strategies. Not all Megas need to be perfectly balanced amongst each other, as some are bound to be stronger than others. But the variance in power levels was too much. Mega Evolution was meant to put a spotlight on the Pokemon that received these forms. But when it came to competitive play, only a handful actually stayed relevant. So long as Mega Evolution is limited to once per battle, this cannot be solved.
Only One Mega Evolution per Battle The above point was exacerbated by the fact that you can only use Mega Evolution once per battle. Weaker Mega Evolutions still saw little usage because the stronger Megas took the one and only mega slot on the team. Even if one of these weaker Megas was fun or interesting, if it could not keep up with the stronger picks, it would not be picked at all. Allowing for multiple weaker Megas in the same battle, or a single strong Mega, would give the weaker Pokemon a better chance at that coveted team spot.
The Base Forms were Outclassed This may come off as a weird argument. Because of course the Pokemon should become stronger after it Mega Evolves. But this may not be for the best in many cases. If you see a Kangaskhan on your opponent’s team, you can count on it to Mega Evolve. Personally, Megas were at their most interesting when the base form was on a similar level to the Mega.
Blocked New Evolutions A transformation that was strictly better than the form a Pokemon originally took? That sounds like a normal evolution too! Many of the Pokemon that received Mega Evolutions could have been better served with a normal evolution instead. These evolutions would stand the test of time better and not be cut along with Mega Evolution itself.
Increase of 100 BST Upon Mega Evolving, every Pokemon saw an increase of 100 points to their base stat total. Pokemon like Garchomp got creative by lowering some stats to further heighten others, but it still resulted in a 100 point increase in the end. This treatment is equal, but not fair. Many felt Mega Evolution should have been used to buff up weaker Pokemon to keep up with the modern meta. But this universal BST increase did not reduce that gap at all due to too many strong Pokemon also receiving Megas. Catering the BST increase to each Pokemon would have been a better, though more involved approach.
Mega Stones and Held Items Mega Stones were another universal trait of Mega Evolution (except Mega Rayquaza lol), being required as the held item to Mega Evolve at all. While not a fundamentally flawed idea, this choice ultimately hindered creative builds by denying the use of other battle items on your Mega. Instead, weaker Megas could have different requirements to Mega Evolve, such as a wide variety of items, if any item is required at all. Again, catering the held item requirement to each Mega Evolution would be a better approach.
Dependence on Abilities While it's great to see weaker Pokemon buffed with a powerful ability, this design approach made the quality of a Mega depend on their ability. Abilities like Tough Claws, Huge Power, or Adaptability were commonly picked for Megas and all had a similar theme of increasing the Pokemon’s damage output. Because Mega’s are locked into this one and only ability upon transforming, they are often left with only a single viable playstyle that takes advantage of their ability. Access to more abilities for Mega forms with a wider variety of abilities would alleviate this issue.
The Template for Megas was too Strict All of the inherent traits of Mega Evolution were too strict. The 100 BST increase, forced to hold a Mega stone, the new ability, and limiting battles to just 1 Mega, were all too restrictive to be universally applied. Some Pokemon could have evolved with other held items. The ability of the base form could have influenced the ability of the Mega. Some Pokemon that were already strong did not need the same 100 BST increase that weaker Pokemon got. Easing up on these rules would make Megas feel more fresh and give more breathing room for creative designs in the future.
Multiple Mega Forms were Rare While every other Pokemon received just 1 Mega form, Charizard and Mewtwo both received an X and Y form. This system is brilliant and could be used to fix many of the other issues listed above. Different forms could have different BST increases, different abilities, or even different held item requirements. This would make Megas less predictable and more exciting to see in battle. Without a doubt though, creating 2 Mega forms for the same Pokemon would be more work than creating just 1. Even if visually the 2 forms were identical, I believe this addition would be worth it.
Min/Max Playstyle Often thanks to the chosen ability for a Mega, most Mega evolutions had very narrow, but very powerful options. Abilities like Mega Launcher funneled players into using a very limited pool of moves to take full advantage of this ability. Each Mega seems to have an intended play style. An extreme and powerful style, but also predictable and boring. An X and Y form for each Mega could have given each Pokemon more options to adapt the player’s needs, as well as relieve the pressure to min/max every Mega into a certain play style.
No Counterplay Mega Evolution is often looked at through the perspective of the user. But how does one approach it differently when their opponent uses it? Simply put, a Mega Evolved Pokemon is approached the same way as any other Pokemon. Any strategy used to counter your opponent’s use of Mega Evolution could be equally applied to a normal Pokemon. Unless Mega Evolution fundamentally changes with new drawbacks or activation requirements, I do not see a clear fix.
Team Building Building your team is no simple task, especially for competitive battling. Mega Evolution requires consideration in this phase as well, because you cannot Mega Evolve without equipping a Mega Stone before a battle begins. Sacrificing a held item is not a small ask, so the choice of who can utilize Mega Evolution on your team is crucial. Because the stakes are so high before the battle even begins, the need to plan your Mega before battling only exacerbates the opportunity cost of using a weaker Mega. When in doubt, players will of course plan to use the most powerful Mega, rather than risk a weaker one. A better system would be more flexible and open to improvisation mid battle. Players could still approach a battle with a particular Mega in mind, but be allowed to change their mind depending on the flow of battle.
No Risk to Activate Other than the preparations required before a battle even begins, there is effectively no drawback to Mega Evolving. With no cost or risk to activate, players almost always would Mega Evolve immediately after sending out their Pokemon. A Dynamax like approach limiting Megas to only 3 turns could have drastically changed the mechanic, for better or worse. But this 3 turn limit adds an extra layer of depth that Megas are missing. The will to stall out your opponent’s Mega or the risk that comes with timing your own may be the push and pull needed to make the act of Mega Evolution more interesting.
Cannot Transform Back Mega Evolution is unique from regular evolutions because it is only temporary. But this temporary status is never felt in battle, as you only transform back once the battle ends. The inability to revert back to the base form silently hurts Mega Evolution. Transforming back to the original form, intentionally or not, makes for a more dynamic mechanic as well as selling the temporary aspect of Mega Evolution. Due to many Megas being clearly superior to their base forms, this would be a negative for most Pokemon. Others could take advantage of the mechanic, alternating between different abilities. Or maybe even tagging out one Mega to instead Mega Evolve another.
Conclusion Leading up to its release in Pokemon X and Y, Mega Evolution was an exciting idea to freshen up the stale Pokemon formula. Though ultimately removed in Pokemon Sword and Shield, many fans still want to see Mega Evolution brought back to the main series game. But after considering all the shortcomings of Mega Evolution, I find it has too many problems to warrant a return.
This topic is complex and my word is by no means final. This is also not a dismissal of the shortcomings of other battle mechanics. Mega Evolution is clearly still very loved by the community and that is not without reason. I hope that keeping both the good and bad in mind can lead to a productive discussion on the quality of Mega Evolution.
submitted by maxk713
to TruePokemon [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:54 Spirited_Window6194 Lazy Admissions Officers at UMD
I'm planning on transferring to University of Maryland and they're known for stretching their budget when it comes to admissions. I've had multiple friends apply there before the deadline with above average states and end up getting ghosted bc they don't look at the application. Do you guys know how to prevent this? Or have a method of pushing them to view the application?
submitted by Spirited_Window6194
to ApplyingToCollege [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:54 DnDBambi Random Nighttime Wilderness Encounter Table
| || | submitted by DnDBambi to UnearthedArcana [link] [comments]
So I'm running SKT and they have a nicely detailed random encounter table for day time travel, but I also really wanted something for the nighttime while the party are trying to safely rest. So I made this!
I added a few unique ideas/suggestions I'd seen around the internet while also creating a few of my own. I had my own party in mind for this (4 x Lv. 6) but I'm hoping it's universal enough to adapt for any party!
Feel free to use and let me know what you think :)
Random Nighttime Wilderness Encounter Table
- At the beginning of each night/long rest, roll a d20. On a result of 12-20 a nighttime encounter occurs. Roll a d100 and consult the table based on the party's current location
- Roll a d4 (reroll 4s) to determine if the encounter occurs on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd watch of the night
- Once they have their first nighttime encounter, the d20 range shrinks by two for every future nighttime encounter thereafter until they reach the next settlement, upon which, the range resets. This is to prevent there being an encounter every single night they're on the road and not bogging down gameplay. Feel free to adjust these DCs if you want less or more random encounters.
- After first nighttime encounter, new range = 14-20
- After second nighttime encounter, new range = 16-20
- After third nighttime encounter, new range = 18-20
- After four nighttime encounter (and every encounter after) a Nat20 must be rolled to receive a new encounter
Encounter Table Notes: Abominable Yeti:
- A single abominable yeti ambushes the party hungering for flesh and blood. If the party manage to defeat this yeti, there is a 30% chance that 1d3 regular yetis show up after battle, drawn in by the sounds of combat and the scent of blood
- You can choose between bandits or barbarians for this encounter based on the location and frequency of previous encounters
- 1 bandit captain and 3d6+2 bandits
- Mounted on riding horses
- 25% chance they attack without warning
- Promises the party not to attack if they 'pay a toll' (no less than 100gp of treasure)
- Is this a potential way to introduce the 'Happy Fun Ball'?
- Treasure: Each bandit carries a pouch containing 1d10gp. The bandit captain’s pouch holds 2d10gp and 1d6 gems worth 100gp each
- Uthgardt Barbarians:
- Hostile group of Uthgardt barbarians made up of 4d6 tribal warriors, and 1 Uthgardt shaman (Appendix C). If the total number rolled is great than 20, add 1d3 berserkers and a tribal chieftain (berserker w 90hp)
- If dealing with the Gray Wolf tribe, use the werewolf stat block for all berserkers and chieftains (+90hp) and add 1d4 wolves as animal companions
- Uthgardt Barbarian General Info
- Black-haired and blue-eyed people
- Take their name from Uthgar Gardolfsson, a hero chief who battled giants and conquered much of the North before ascending to godhood
- Currently 11 tribes scattered across the north
- They speak Bothii (their own language) and most speak common
- Their spirit mounds are sacred as it's a place where tribe members gather to revere Uthgar, honour their ancestors, make sacrifices to their totem animal spirit, and choose a new Great Chief
- Uthgardt fear magic so much so that they attempt to kill and dismember any spellcasters they meet
- Tribal shamans aren't attacked because their power comes from spirits of their dead ancestors
- Tribes will unite against a common enemy, like a giant (whom they hate most of all)
- Each tribe consists of 1 Great Chief, 2-5 chieftains, and 1-3 shamans depending on the size of the tribe
- Use the "Reghed Chieftain" stat block for a Great Chief
- Uthgardt Tribes and Locations
- Black Lion Tribe
- Northern Silver Marches and the Druarwood
- Spirit mound - Beorunna's Well
- Great Chief - Stellok Kolraavi (male - wears armour made of orc hide)
- Shaman - Tysis Kolraavi (Stellok's younger sister)
- Hate diplomacy and civilisation
- Avoids settlements in the Silver Marches
- Black Raven Tribe
- Icy foothills west of Mirabar including the ice lakes and Spine of the World north of Mirabar
- Spirit mound - Raven Rock
- Great Chief - Ojin Voninsdottir (female - orc-skull helm)
- Prey on caravans travelling via Northern Means or Blackford Road
- Often ride Giant Vultures into battle
- Blue Bear Tribe
- Believed to be extinct but have been spotted throughout the Delimbiyr Vale (from the Nether Mountains to the northern tip of High Moor)
- Spirit mound - Stone Stand
- Great Chief - Kriga Moonmusk (female - old and travels in a fur-draped chair carried by 4 tribal warriors)
- Stays hidden while travelling to preserve the myth of their extinction
- Elk Tribe
- Wanders the Evermoors and the plains between Flint Rock and the Dessarin River
- Spirit mound - Flint Rock
- Great Chief - Rond Vaarson (male - old)
- Rond has spilled so much blood in his past, he no longer craves it
- Gray Wolf Tribe
- Located throughout the North, as far west as the Sword Coast and as far east as the Delimbiyr Vale
- Spirit mound - None
- Great Chief - Recently slain Syken Nightblaze
- Syken was slain by adventurers from Neverwinter
- His daughter, Envir Sykensdottir, now controls the pack and plans to attack Neverwinter to prove she should be named the next Great Chief of the tribe
- Potentially run a surprise encounter if the party ever goes to Neverwinter
- The tribe roams in packs with ordinary wolves
- Will hunt down and kill those who survive their attacks to prevent the spread of lycanthropy to non-tribal members
- The only members of the tribe who possess lycanthropy are the chieftains and berserkers. The rest of the tribe are regular tribal warriors
- In an encounter have all barbarians start out in human form, then have them use their 'Shapechanger' action on their first turn to turn into a Hybrid or Wolf form and freak the party out
- Lycanthropy Cure: Can be cured with a 'Remove Curse' or 'Greater Restoration' spell
- Great Worm Tribe
- Based themselves at Great Worm Cavern and strike out occasionally to defend their territory (surrounding mountains, Feel Pass, Frost Hills, Lurkwood, and the northern reaches of the Silver Marches)
- Spirit mound - Great Worm Cavern
- Great Chief - Wormblod (male - brutal and hoards treasure)
- Venture into the Crags and its southern plains when food is scarce
- Griffon Tribe
- Located throughout the North, as far west as the Sword Coast and as far east as the Silver Marches. Never going further south than Triboar and Yartar in the Dessarin Valley
- Spirit mound - Shining White
- Great Chief - Halric Bonesnapper
- Tribe is dwindling as they have made too many enemies of late (still 300 strong though)
- Different from all other tribes as they have established a permanent settlement (Griffon's Nest)
- Red Tiger Tribe
- Found throughout the Silver Marches but have recently begun moving into its surrounding forests, including elf-controlled regions of the High Forest
- They are trying to find the Grandfather Tree and lay claim to it
- Spirit mound - Beorunna's Well
- Great Chief - Seriska Hungermaw (female - ruthless yet cautious)
- Often attack settlements in the Silver Marches and prey on caravans travelling on the roads
- Skilled at avoiding heavily fortified keeps
- Even known to attack boats on the Rauvin River from time to time
- Sky Pony Tribe
- Found near the base of the mountains in the Silver Marches
- Spirit mound - One Stone
- Great Chief - Arnzan Vashk (male - orc spearhead sticking out of his chest and he attempts to hide the pain)
- The tip of the spear is very close to piercing his heart and killing him
- Was wounded during the War of the Silver Marches
- His rivals are circling and preparing to unseat him
- Thunderbeast Tribe
- Currently hiding in the depths of Lurkwood preparing for a 'stampede' through the Surbrin Hills and the Dessarin Valley to the south
- Spirit mound - Morgur's Mound (hasn't been visited in years)
- Great Chief - Harthulk Hornspear (male - towering man with a terrible scowl and cracked, tough skin like dinosaur leather)
- Their stampede won't stop until their people or their enemies are dead
- Tree Ghost Tribe
- Share the High Forest with the native elves
- Spirit mound - Grandfather Tree
- Great Chief - Boorvald Orcbane (male - honourable and a protector)
- Declared themselves the protectors of the Grandfather Tree after years of conflict with other tribes and the elves of the High Forest
- Rarely seen outside of the forest
- Boorvald hunts orcs and frequently launches attacks against the Iceshield orc-holds along the western edge of High Forest
- Boorvald has 6 sons and 3 daughters, each of whom was given an "Oathbow" from the tribe's elf neighbours as a gift of friendship
- The tribe contains tribal warriors from other tribes who came to the Grandfather Tree, gained enlightenment, and forsook their allegiances to pledge to help the Tree Ghosts protect the Grandfather Tree
- Depending on the location, this can be represented as bioluminescent lights or more of a aurora borealis in the night sky
- The party, or person on watch, notices a faint glow coming from nearby in the camp. A small pond (or tree/shrub/etc) is emitting a faint, beautiful glow that seems to be a wonder of nature
- Describe how the lights beautifully dance and shimmer in the night
- The effect is harmless and the party can spend as much or as little time engaging with it as they want
- 2d4+1 vine blights and 2d4+1 needle blights attack the party in the night
- The vine blights move in close and camouflage using their False Appearance ability. Once they're within 20ft, they run forward and use their Entangling Plants ability to subdue the party
- The needle blights then move within 30ft and release a volley of needles at the party from a distance
- Alternatively, the party may happen to set up camp in a congregation of unmoving vine blights who are relying on their False Appearance to strike when the party is caught off-guard. The needle blights join in later in the combat
- A single bodak is drawn to the party's campsite by the light/noise, following its mission from Orcus to spread death across the Material Plane
- Any non-war trained animals will flee right before this encounter takes place
- If it fits in your narrative, the bodak can be a fallen NPC that one of the players used to know. It is seeking out all allies and enemies from its past life to wipe them from existence
- Increase the HP if a single bodak doesn't pose much of a challenge
- 3d4 dire wolves encircle and ambush the party at night
- The wolves won't attack outright. They will surround and then slowly close in on the party, giving anyone a chance to do something that might scare them off before combat begins (PC Intimidation check vs Wolves Insight check)
- Potentially nominate a pack leader that will have an impact on how this plays out
- If the party don't do anything or fails to intimidate the wolves, they will attack
- If things aren't going well for the party, you can have the wolves' survival instinct kick in if their numbers are reduced to less than the number of still-threatening PCs
- 1d4+2 displacer beasts ambush the party either for food or just general sport
- One displacer beast might lash out at the party in an attempt to draw them away from the group to a location where the rest of the pack are waiting for a bloodier ambush
- 1d4 ghosts appear and attack the party
- If a 1 is rolled, a solitary, sad-looking ghost appears in the middle of their camp and sings a haunting song, then walks to where its grave is marked by a filthy stone. If the party ignore the ghost or leave the grave alone, nothing happens and the ghost remains suspended in the air looking at the grave until the party leaves. It they clean the grave site out of respect for the dead, the ghost disappears and turns into a shower of 777 silver pieces. If they desecrate or disrespect the grave for some reason, it attacks
- If it attacks, bump its HP up to 60 so it poses somewhat of a challenge
- 1d4+4 ghouls attack the party led by 1 ghast
- The ghast will give orders to the ghouls to attack who it feels is the strongest party member
- If ghouls are attacked while feasting on a paralysed creature, they will drag their prey their full movement (half speed) away while also continuing to use their bite on their paralysed victim
Magical Glowing Mushrooms:
- 1d4+1 giant constrictor snakes slither into the campsite and attempt to snap up a tasty meal
- You can have the snakes appear and pause, waiting to see the party's reaction, to give your PCs a chance to do something that might prevent this from being a combat encounter
- Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Magic Mushrooms (pg. 166)
- The party stumbles across a collection of magic mushrooms near their campsite, radiating this magical glow
- Those proficient in Medicine, Nature, or Survival can surmise that these are not naturally forming mushrooms and with a DC12 roll, can recall stories of magical mushrooms and how some can save lives or bestow unusual powers when consumed
- If a mushroom is eaten, roll a d10 to determine its effects:
- 1: The creature’s skin turns an unusual colour. Roll a d4:
- 1 - Purple with yellow splotches
- 2 - Bright orange with tiger stripes
- 3 - Tree-frog green with red squiggles
- 4 - Hot pink with yellow spots
- This change is permanent unless removed by a Greater Restoration spell or similar magic.
- 2: The creature gains the enlarge or reduce effect (50 percent chance of either) of the Enlarge/Reduce spell for 1 hour.
- 3: The creature regains 5d8 + 20 hit points.
- 4: Vocally, the creature can only cluck and croon like a chicken. The creature can also understand and speak to chickens. This curse lasts for 1 hour unless ended by a Remove Curse spell or similar magic.
- 5: The creature can understand and speak all languages for 1d4 days.
- 6: The creature gains the benefits of the Telepathy spell for the next 24 hours.
- 7: The creature gains the benefits of the Speak with Plants spell for 8 hours.
- 8: The creature immediately casts the Time Stop spell, requiring no components. Constitution is the spellcasting ability for this spell.
- 9: The creature immediately casts the Detect Thoughts spell, requiring no components. Constitution is the spellcasting ability for this spell.
- 10: Magical mists pour out of the creature’s eyes and ears, acting as a Fog Cloud spell for 1 hour that is centred on the creature and moves with it.
- An old halfling woman with a small glaive will approach the party's campsite looking for a place to rest and some company to talk to
- The glaive is a custom weapon made for a halfling that she's had since she was a young woman. She's pretty handy with it but getting quite slow in her older age. It's her only form of protection as she travels
- The old woman is really an oni who has used it's Change Shape ability to be able to get closer to its prey
- When the oni feels the party is no longer believing its lies or has completely let their guard down, it will attack
- This attack may begin with a Cone of Cold to surprise the party, and then on its next turn it will transform into its true giant form. Or it could also start with the oni transforming prior to combat, then on its first turn casting Invisibility on itself to create a sense of fear amongst the party
- A loud, deep hooting sound can be heard throughout the night, not close but not too far from the campsite. The hooting sounds like it comes from something much louder than a regular owl
- Players who made a successful DC12 Perception check, notice off in the distance a pack of 5 owlbears slowly moving through the terrain in single-file
- There is a large owlbear at the head of the line, and another large owlbear bringing up the rear. In the middle of them are three smaller offspring
- They don't appear to be hunting at this moment, just moving from A to B
- Unless the party does something to draw the pack's attention, they will move on into the night
- 1d4+1 hunting owlbears will spring into the party's campsite, hunting them for food
- If a total of 5 is achieved and you feel this encounter is way too deadly for your group, have the hunting pack be a family made up of two adult owlbears and three younger offspring (40hp) who are hunting for their first time (no multiattack)
- If an offspring is killed, the parents will fight to the death with unbridled fury seeking vengeance
- If both parents are killed off, the offspring will flee
- If only 2 owlbears are rolled and you feel this encounter too simple, max out their hit points (91hp)
- A glimmering, white pegasus descends from the sky and lands not far from the party's campsite, looking for a place to drink, eat, or temporarily rest
- If this occurs along a road/trail, the pegasus won't land, but will instead gracefully soar past the party, basking in the night air
- Pegasi are usually quite jumpy, so will immediately take off into the sky if any loud noises are made or it is attacked
- However, if a good-aligned character can quietly approach and succeed on a DC15 Animal Handling check, the intelligent creature will stay grounded and watch the character as it approaches
- Narrate a peaceful interaction between the two before the pegasus takes its leave and flies off into the night
- If a character tries to mount the pegasus they will need to succeed on a DC25 Animal Handling check
- A failure will result in the pegasus bucking them and flying off
- A success, and the pegasus will just stand there, MAYBE briefly trot around, before indicating for the character to get off and then saying goodbye and flying off
- 1 revenant stumbles into the party's campsite, appearing initially like a zombie, but will begin speaking to the party. Very much unlike a zombie.
- The revenant says he has come to seek justice for the wrongs the party did to him, killing him in such a brutal manner and taking the life of his greatest love, Kella. The party will then see past the unfamiliar face and recognise him as the slain leader of the Seven Snakes, Xolkin
- As Xolkin has sworn vengeance on the party, he can now only be completely destroyed by either using a Wish spell when his soul is bodiless, the party just straight-up dying, or the party survives for over a year from when the vengeance was enacted. After one of these has occurred, the Xolkin's body will crumble to dust and his soul will fade into the afterlife
- If Xolkin can't beat them in this first encounter, next time he appears, it will be with weapons and backup (spectres, wights, ghasts, etc). He won't quit until he is successful, making sure each future encounter is harder and more challenging
- The clouds final erupt and the remainder of the night is filled with thundering rain and high winds
- Rain can be replaced with a blizzard if the party is in the upper mountains or far-north sections of the continent
- Unless one of the party members has a way to avoid/negate the rain and wind (such as Leomund's Tiny Hut for example), the party has a very restless nights sleep
- They gain the effects of a Long Rest but everyone also gains one level of Exhaustion and cannot recover any previous levels of exhaustion
- A single wight leads an undead army to attack the party. The army is made up of 2d6 zombies and 1 ogre zombie
- If the number of zombies rolled is less than 6, replace the single ogre zombie with 1d4 ogre zombies
- The wight will send the horde of zombies in first while it attacks from range to begin with, then moving in closer for melee
- A figure will emerge out of the darkness, staggering a little. They make no effort to stealth either. They are friendly and will comply with whatever reasonable requests the cautious PCs make
- They will reveal themselves to be a vampire, in dire need of blood. They will ask for a donation, but if refused, will walk away disappointed
- If the player does contribute blood, the vampire will thank them, and next time this encounter is rolled, the vampire may have a gift for them (magic item, gold/platinum, jewels, etc)
- The player may choose to drain some blood into a vial or pot for the vampire to then drink, or they may choose to let the vampire bite them. Regardless of the way, they will take 1d6 piercing/slashing damage (based on how they draw the blood), then 3d6 necrotic damage, and their max HP is reduced by that amount until the end of a long rest
- If concerns are raised, the vampire will assure them that a simple bite isn't enough to turn someone. They must be killed with a bite and then buried in the ground to rise as a vampire
- If the party is very brazen and choose to attack the vampire, it is the DM's choice whether the vampire straight away flees, or decides to bite a character to take some blood by force to teach them a lesson for their rudeness, then flee
- A cluster of 1d6+1 will-o'-wisps appear and start floating around the campsite
- Initially the wisps will appear as beautifully coloured, bobbing lantern lights offering hope and safety
- Eventually the wisps will surround the party and launch a surprise attack
- Alternatively, you can have the wisps attempt to lure the party away from the campsite by somehow beckoning them to follow. From here the wisps will lead the party into some sort of hazardous trap like quicksand pits or monster lairs so they can feed on the suffering of their prey and revel in their death screams
- If you are considering this option, potentially reduce the wisp numbers to only 1d4
If you're interested in the possibility percentages that went into calculating these d100 results, you can see them in this picture here: Wilderness Encounter Possibility Calculations
If you would like all of the above in a neat PDF format, you can download it here
Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts!
2023.06.10 05:52 Diligent_Issue_9466 What song got you into Wayne?
I didn't know much about rap when I was younger. I went to a friend's house and we sat by the radio and he kept it on a rap station I didn't even know about. Whatever we were listening to, I enjoyed. So everyday after school, I went home and put on that station and listened. Listen, listen, listen.
Then, I heard "Bring It Back". And I was fucking hooked. That's my song that got me into Wayne and into rap.
submitted by Diligent_Issue_9466
to lilwayne [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:52 starshiptical1 Am I the aHole (LatAM)
Am I the aHole for ending a friendship with my long term group of 🇩🇴🇨🇺🇨🇴s friends for saying that:
1) “Puerto Ricans were colonized by the the African Americans (insinuating we act black)”
2)”Puerto Ricans are the laziest out of all Hispanics/Latinos”
It was a joke that started out about floricans and nuyoricans not knowing spanish but it turned into a full on attack Puerto Ricans by the end of it. They started talking about the obesity epidemic on the island, how Puerto Ricans have the lowest enrollment of colleges/university despite being US citizens and etc
Idk maybe I’m jus thinking too much about it but it seemed like this was ammo they have been waiting to let go
submitted by starshiptical1
to asklatinamerica [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:50 RavenNation2020 Up on CC I give you my Universe Mode Collection. All come with the WWE logo in the title, minus the ECW Women's Title. Hashtag JRebellious2K.
2023.06.10 05:50 DoggieHowzer How it started and how it ended
| || | submitted by DoggieHowzer to Fanatec [link] [comments]
Years ago, when I was starting out, I purchased a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheel, CSL Elite LC Pedals and a P1 wheel for compatibility with both consoles.
The P1 never felt realistic so I decided to get a Porsche 918 RSR wheel and a DriveHub to work with Xbox. The 918 RSR wheel was awesome on the PS4 but at that time, it never felt quite right using the wheel with DriveHub on the Xbox. So I eventually caved and bought the bundle with the Xbox Universal Hub (v1 non magnetic shifter) and a Podium R300 wheel which was selling cheaper than the other wheels at that time. The hub responded well but the R300 felt a bit narrow for my liking - so when I saw the GT Alcantara 320mm green on sale subsequently, I got it.
In the interim, I’ve gotten some upgrades along the way - CSL DD, V3 inverted, SQ 1.5, Podium DD1 with the blue Formula wheel and also the Porsche 911 GT3 R ClubSport wheel. But invariably I went back to the GT Alcantara wheel. After experiencing the magnetic shifters on the 911, I even got the new ClubSport magnetic shifter upgrade for the old Alcantara wheel.
As you can see, it’s seen better days. Way better days. Recently some of the buttons have gotten sticky and some of the button caps have broken off, and the funky switch rotation has been a little jittery.
I rummaged through my boxes today and found the old Podium R300 wheel and also the packet of button clusters (unused) from the 911 ClubSport bundle. Decided to give my old ClubSport wheel a transplant. And use the R300 wheel as a stop gap while I went about cleaning the old Alcantara wheel.
I’ve been following this guide https://youtu.be/1EIPKwYWuYw
It’s quite rough on the wheel but then my wheel is in such poor shape that using a brush has barely dented the years of use.
10 minutes later, I see some results. I’ll keep going at it to see if I can get it restored to a more presentable look.
If all else fails, that Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel looks like a nice upgrade.
2023.06.10 05:50 SunnyLVTHN HELP!!! PC Black screening during gaming
I'm at my wits end here and I've done everything I can possibly think of.
**Problem:**On games like Diablo 4, The Returnal, Final Fantasy 15, my PC will randomly black screen within an hour of play. The display will turn off and disconnect along with my Xbox controller and my keyboard. Unplugging and re-plugging it doesn't work. I cant bring up the task manager or reset the GPU with hotkeys. This in return, forces me to manually force shut down my PC. I took this into a PC repair store and even they are stumped on what to do. We've ran Heaven benchmark, Cinebench, and test mem and everything came out fine. Attempted Solutions:
- Clean PC
- Disable game mode, Appreadiness
- Change display port cable, switch to HDMI
- Unplug and re-plug everything
- Upgrade graphic drivers
- Uninstall and reinstall GPU drivers using DDU
- Turn off XMP profile
- Disable PCI express
- Change power settings
- Reseat the GPU
- Change Power cord
- Update BIOS
- Check all temps(nothing is overheating)
- Upgrade to Windows 11
- Fresh install windows
Thank you for you time for reading this. Any advice and tips are appreciated!
PC part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LPBxyK PCPartPicker Part List
submitted by SunnyLVTHN
to buildapc [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:49 kyogre_ike Itinerary Check! (12 Day, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka)
Hi! I'm going to Japan with two of my friends later this month and I wanted to see if our current itinerary is good. Any advice or recommendations are welcome!
Some questions I have:
- Are some of these days too empty? Too full? I'm not sure how our energy levels will keep up as we go on.
- How much Japanese skill is necessary? I know the most basic phrases and I can form some sentences but we're not fluent by any means.
- Recommendations for things to see/do? We don't have specific requests, but we all love good food and interesting sights (I'm a video games nerd so stuff relating to that would be good as well)
- Arrive in Tokyo, have dinner in Ginza
- Morning Hamarikyu Gardens, TeamLab Planets, Tsukiji Outer Market Lunch,
- Afternoon/Evening Tokyo VR Red, Dinner in Ginza/Roppongi
- Morning: Akihabara, arcades
- Afternoon/Evening: Shibuya/Harajuku (could be switched)
- Things we would like to see: Meiji Shrine, Yoyogi Park, Shibuya Sky
- Morning/Afternoon: Ghibli Museum (somehow got tickets...), Inokashira Park, Kichijoji Area,
- Evening: tbd
Evening: tbd Day 4:
- Morning: Skytree, Senso-ji
- Afternoon: Senso-ji, Ueno Park
- Morning: Imperial Palace
- Afternoon: Shinjuku
- Yayoi Kusama Museum, Omoide Yokocho, etc
- Morning: Ginza
- Departure to Kyoto in the afternoon, dinner in Downtown Kyoto/Nishiki Market
Day 7: (is this too tight?)
- Morning: eastern section (kiyomizu-dera and surrounding),
- afternoon in Arashiyama, evening in Kinkakuji
- morning: fushimi inari shrine,
- afternoon: travel to Osaka, evening Dotonbori/Shinsekai
- Morning: Osaka Bay Aquarium, Osaka Bay
- Afternoon: Osaka Castle, Umeda Sky Building,
- Evening: Kita/Umeda
- final shopping in Kita/Umeda, potentially going to back to Dotonbori
Day 12: Departure
Let me know how this looks! Thank you!
submitted by kyogre_ike
to JapanTravel [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:49 TH3_C1N1BUN Conflicted on important choices
I (20m) am conflicted on deciding between my relationship with my girlfriend (19f) of 2 years, and going away to college where I want to.
Some important background:
I currently live in a pretty big city with my girlfriend, where she goes to university. Both our families all live in this city. She has been going to university for 2 years and lives on campus the first semester before we moved in together.
I moved out of my parent’s home at 18 because my stepfather is abusive. I have worked full time+ and paid to live on my own since then. I have split rent with my girlfriend since we moved in together, and I finally started college classes. All my adult life I have felt a sense of responsibility to protecting my mom and brothers, and have always been stressed by feeling responsible for them.
I am about to graduate with my associates degree and will be deciding where to transfer to school. I want to transfer to a beach school and live near the only healthy family I have. This however is hours away from where my gf goes to school and we refuse to do long distance.
I love my girlfriend dearly and she is my best friend. I have struggled some with attraction to her and various things, but now that I have been vocal everything has been good. She is the perfect girlfriend and I don’t deserve her. She is so gentle and I don’t want to ever hurt her. I do love her very much. But I don’t know if I want to sacrifice things I want to do in life such as go away to school and travel abroad and I feel like I have to have a more linear plan staying with her.
I don’t want to leave her and hurt her or never find someone as kind as her again, but I don’t want to live with regret of not exploring the world and getting out of this bubble I’ve grown up in.
What should I do?
Thank you for any advice. I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for.
submitted by TH3_C1N1BUN
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:48 salor123 The start of a new tale (Storyborn act: 0)
New story time baby. This one would be about god of stories salor and if you know anything about gos salor's backstory then throw that out because I'm retconning it. Plus this is not part of the main salor but a different one. Also I'm don't going to fully work on it yet because I wanna take a break do this type of lore because I just finished SCP salor like 3 days ago lol and just need a break in total. So enjoy the beginning of this tale
The house of ideas. The house of ideas is where most stories are held. Stories about people, there, stories that are lost to time by people, there, if you even made a story it is there. Any story you could think of is stored there safely. Today was a important day for the one known as Salor has been accused of the act of going against the house of ideas.
Salor would be handcuffed with material that couldn't be broken by the most powerful of weapons. Two tall guards with golden armor that had black outlines and markings on them. They had strange looking helmets that even Salor never seen before with purple eyes showing out of them. They wield axes in their hands that in one slash could cut a planet in half. They would arrive at a giant door that went into what Salor could describe as a mansion that was from the 1900th century.
The two guards would put their hands on the door and push it open. The mansion would be far bigger inside than it was outside. It looked like it went on for an endless amount of time with bookshelves of stories. The bookshelves would be made out of the finest wood you could see in several lifetimes as they would hold several types of books about different people, different stories, different legends and far far more. The two guards would continue to bring Salor to where they are going. Salor would try to strike up a conversation.
“So where are we going?”
“I suggest you shut up defendant because your questions won’t help you.” the guard on the left of Salor would say.
“Whatever the boss decides.” Salor would say back.
Before Salor could look to his right, the right guard would grab his ax and would sweep his legs. Salor would be in the air for a bit as he would go back a bit. The guard would lift his ax over him and bring it down with the handle of it hitting Salor in the stomach. Salor would quickly be on the floor and coughing trying to recover from the heavy blow.
“SHIT, what was that for!” Salor would say looking at the right guard.
“Those who defined orders will be put back in line” The right guard would reply.
The two guards would grab Salor by the arms and lift him up where his feet couldn’t reach the floor and only dangle in the air. Salor would try to move his arms but it didn’t work a bit. The two guards would continue to bring Salor to where they were going. They would pass many bookshelves that contained many stories. When he took a closer look he could see they were ordered by series and what genres they were. After some time the three of them would arrive in what seems to be the middle of the grand mansion or library. There was also a book reception desk that was high up like it was a judge’s bench. The guards would drop Salor and kick him down onto the ground. His head would hit down ground as he would give a grunt. The two guards would bring down their axes and they would land right by his head, seeming like they were ready to kill him right there with no hesitation. Saloe was stuck there. His hands were handcuffed behind his back, he was laying on the ground not being able to get up, and finally two axes by his neck that could slice his head off like it was paper. Man, such place to be, his day isn’t going well.
Then up above in the air, two beings would appear.They would both be pitch black and had blue outlines on their clothing and even blue eyes.They would look far different from each other too with the taller one would have a appearance of a grown up woman that would be wearing a overcoat on and wearing a black and blue wedding hat. The other one would have the appearance of a small boy that is wearing a black and blue suit with dapper black shoes on. They would look at each other then look down to the guards and Salor.
“Is he the one who did it?” the boy would say.
“It seems like he is the one.” The woman would reply with.
“Who the hell are you-” salor would try to say but one of the guards would move his ax to have it touch his skin but not hurt it. Salor then went quiet not because of fear but because he was smart.
The two mysterious beings would look at each other and would descend down and where the library-like desks were they would sit down on their respective seats. The woman would pull out a file on the desk and would open it. The file was on Salor and the “crime” he did.
“Today is trial of the house on the character known as Salor who had committed the crime known as rujukanria or the act of disturbing the house of ideas in an act 2 type manner.” The woman would say.
“Woah woah woah there slow down, can anyone tell me what is happening here”. Salor would say in response.
Both of the guards would move their axes closer to his neck, but the boy would raise his hand making the guards move their axes back but still by his neck.
“The one known as Salor, you have been accused for rujukanria act 2. This means that you have knocked over a bookcase that damaged some books apart from the house of ideas.” the boy would say. He would nod to the lady and she would get out a picture. Could you even call it that or something for it looked like a picture but worked like a video. It would show a video of Salor purposely knocking over a giant bookshelf that contained lots of books and tales. It would soon stop as Salor would now have a shocked face.
“That can’t be me, I never even knew about this place until I actually came here.” salor would respond with.
“It sure does look like you and besides it even says in your story it shows you were going to do this and you were there to steal a very variable book” the woman would say with a serious yet disappointed voice.
“It couldn’t be me, it couldn't be…” Salor would look down a bit and realize something. He realized that the “Salor” on the video thing didn’t have a part of his ear was gone where he took a gunshot to the ear. “I was framed…” Salor would whisper to himself.
“What was that defendant?” the Left guard would ask him.
“I was f-”
Before he could finish his sentence he would be cut off by the boy with him raising his hand.
“I think we are done here, there is fine and clean evidence that supports your guilty Salor.”
Now both the boy and the woman would start to speak together
“We, the guardians of the house of ideas have decided to give Salor who has committed rujukanria act 2, shall receive-”
Suddenly a massive explosion would come from the north-westish of where they were. The guards would quickly get ready in a battle stance as they rushed over to the explosion. The two beings would look at each other and decide that the explosion was more important than the Salor trial. The both of them would teleport away leaving Salor alone.
“Should I go see what that was…maybe not”
Salor would get up and start to walk in a random direction that was south-west. He would walk until he saw a section of the library that had the stories of people he knew like old friends and comrades from war. He would continue to walk down the bookshelves and would soon arrive at a specific spot. He would notice that his story was also here too but also by three other versions of him? He didn’t know why there were 3 other books of his but he wasn’t too interested in those but his. He would grab his book and it had a green cover which made him confused. It also had some gold on it for effect which made Salor feel cool. He would flip through the book and he would be shocked that it told every detail throughout his long life even when he went into that long sleep. He would flip until the pages went blank. As he did he could see that his book would have purple markings on one of the pages. He would read it and it was just the exact detail that was on the picture thing. He knew it, he was framed. He didn’t know how but he wanted to know who and how they did it. He would close the book and start to carry it around with him.
He would leave where that around was after a bit of walking he would be lost. Then another explosion could be heard and he saw a yellow, black, and purple cloaked figure dash in front of him and start to race out of the place. Salor would run away and hide and as he predicted, some guards would rush over to where the mysterious figure would dash off too. Luckily they didn’t notice him. What was strange is that those two other people from before weren’t with them.
Yet soon, Salor could feel something. It felt like an unknown force was pulling him to something or somewhere. After the guards went away, chasing the mysterious figure, Salor would sneak away. He would walk for a bit until he would reach a more, far bigger bookshelf. It would have stories of many villains, heroes, and even gods. Salor would keep on walking until he found a green glowing book. This was the thing that was calling him. He would grab the book from the shelf and on the cover it would have the words “The story of the god of stories loki”. It would have green and gold colors on the cover and back. He would look at his book and he realized, they would look the exact same but with different words. He would open the book and would start to read the story about the god of stories loki.
He would sit there reading the story for what felt like hours even though only 30 minutes had passed. He would be done with the book after sometime and a look of excitement. He also felt that his body was a little strange. He would spot a mirror and would walk to it. As soon he looked in the mirror he could tell he was far different. He would have gold horns that tore through two spots on his hat that came from a gold thing that lined up against his hairline. His clothes would completely change with them now being a green overcoat with gold on them and white fluff on top of the coller. His pants would change to gray-blueish pants with brown boots on. Finally, he would notice that he would grow a foot taller now being 5’5.
“Holy shit…I look cool.” Salor would say to himself as he did a little spin.
He would soon walk away with him holding both of the books in his hands. He would walk out of the area of bookshelves. He would continue to walk around a bit until he arrived back into the center of the place and he would see the same exact two beings from before floating in the air talking to each other.
“You think that the mysterious figure would come back again?” The boy would say to the girl.
“I don’t think so. Just by his smirk I could tell that he was satisfie”d with stealing his book.” She would reply with.
“That would be troublesome just by itself. We also have to deal with that salor-” The boy would reply with but stop his sentence when he looked over to Salor and notice his new appearance
“It seemed like he changed.”
“His tale did go into action.”
“What the hell are the both of you talking about?”
The two beings would look at each other, seeming like they were talking to each other through their minds. After a bit they would be done and look down at Salor as he looked on, crossing his arms.
“We have decided on something, Salor.” The woman would say.
“Yea what is it?”
The boy would speak up “prove yourself to us. You have a brand new life thanks to that book. Prove to us you can be the next god of stories and prove your innocence.”
“Next god of stories?” Salor would say to himself and look down. He didn’t know what he meant to be the next god of stories but he needs to prove his innocence to survive.
“What do I get if I do prove myself?”
“The act of rujukanria act 2 shall be dropped, you will have free access to the library, and the respect from the two of us.” The woman would say.
Salor would think to himself again. Getting free from his charges was good and he was interested in the library. He would also get their respect but he conflicted on that part.
“I accept” Salor would say looking up at the two beings.
“Good.” The boy would say.
Now both of the beings would be talking together “as the guardians of the house of ideas mojiama, the woman of peace of the house, and trejiama, the boy of order of the house. Shall see if you are worthy of innocence or you are guilty, now- “
They would bring their right and left arms respectively up, pointing to the sky and then back down to Salor. Some blood would come out of his mouth and as he looked down, he could see 4 bar-like things would be stabbed into Salor. One in his right knee, one in his left shoulder, one in the abdomen area, and finally one in the heart.
“Survive” The both of them would finish their sentence.
Salor would start falling backwards and as he did, a hole would appear on the ground. He would fall into it and would start to fall father and father away from the house of ideas. Blood would quickly leave his body but couldn’t cover them. He would continue to fall though all of space seeing many universes, planets and many many more. What felt like an eternity, he would land on something. It was the ground of the void. A splash of blood could be heard as even more blood would come out. He would soon start to lose consciousness but before he did, he could see a tall man that was black as night would approach him. He couldn’t tell what he was or what he was wearing for his vision would be blurry. Soon he would pass out with the mysterious man standing over him.
To be continued
submitted by salor123
to Dbmlore [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:48 SharkFinIsHere Californication Songs Ranked
I decided to rank some of the albums and this was my first album I listened to so I decided to start here.
- Emit Remmus- I don’t dislike a song on this album, they’re all at least good. This one just has the least to offer to me and each part, while catchy, is fairly simplistic and the song doesn’t really “go anywhere.”
- I like Dirt- I know plenty of people who swear by this song, and I do think it is a short and sweet, catchy, tune. I just don’t often find myself seeking out or thinking about this song much compared to others on the album.
- Porcelain- I used to skip this song and thought it was the worst on the album when I first started listening to the Peppers. Now that I’ve listened to it more reflectively and appreciate the meaning of the lyrics and the peaceful instrumentals, it has grown on me. Still, I find it lacking compared to others on the album.
- Purple Stain- This is vey close to Porcelain in ranking for me. Similar to Emit Remmus, I find the parts a bit simplistic and repetitive but a bit catchier. The outro, however, is one of my favorite parts of the album and boosts the ranking a bit.
- Savior- Not much to say about this one honestly. I don’t really care for the chorus, as it drags a bit for me. I do really like the verses (bridges?), or whatever the quieter parts are called. The vocal melody and lyrics in those portions of the song really captivate me on my first listen along with the guitar solo.
- Get on Top- Again, not too much to say. It’s a fun, upbeat song with memorable vocals and instrument parts.
- Otherside- Ok, hear me out. I know this is a bit of a hot take putting it this low, but let me say this again, I like every song on this album including Otherside. What hurts the ranking here is how repetitive the sign can feel. The verses and choruses are solid, but the verses especially seem to repeat too often for it not to become repetitive. Each listen, I find myself waiting to get to the bridge. Once it gets there, though, I love the rest of the song. Basically, I think the buildup is a bit too tedious, but the climax and ending still make this a solid song.
- Road Trippin’- I think anyone who has heard this song can at least respect it enough to understand why I put it halfway up the list. The song just captures a feeling that I can’t describe but appreciate with every listen. I think it comes from the mixture of the mysterious guitar and bass parts coupled with Anthony’s eerie, yet almost mystical lyrics an vocal melody. So yeah, this song really strikes me emotionally which is why I appreciate it so much.
- Parallel Universe- If you had told me PU was this low on your ranking a few months ago, I would have punched you. However, after a friend pointed out their distaste for the song I reconsidered. While I really, really, enjoy it, I feel like I relied to heavily on the Slane Castle solo as a the “selling point” of this song. I do think he verses and choruses are great, but the outro on the studio version is just… fine. So, I’ve ranked it a bit lower, but if we were going off of SC version, it would be a different story.
- Californication- The title track always Carrie’s a heavy burden, especially when it is a single. Personally, I think Cali more than delivered. The guitar and bass parts are simplistic but blend so well together that it sounds much more impressive. I think the high points of this don’t are the lyrics and guitar solo. The rest of the song is still iconic and memorable, however, putting this track above many others.
- Right on Time- To be honest, I’m still not sure exactly how this ended up this high on the list, but when I compare it it makes sense to me. It just packs a punch of energy like no other song on this list. It’s short, but strong with a fast tempo and an energetic melody. Some people complain that it’s too short, but I appreciate the length, as I don’t think the song would hit as hard if it were dragged out for too long.
- Easily- I love this song, plain and simple. The verses are solid, with an energetic guitar riff. But then the chorus hits, and “my eyes popped out my dock got hard.” The choruses, especially the extended ones, are one of two main factors in why I love this song. The totter would be John’s outro solo. Although it is not the most technical or difficult solo, it doesn’t need to be because this solo is just straight up, lovely, enjoyable music, and I don’t need him to shred to make something that sounds good.
- This Velvet Glove- Another emotional, beautiful song for me. I don’t have as much to say about this one, as I can’t exactly put my finger on one factor that makes me enjoy this song as much as I do, other than knowing I enjoy the verses more than the choruses, though they both are great. Regardless of why I love this song, I know that it deserves to be near the top of the list.
- Around the World- There’s too much to unpack here honestly, it’s just so good in so many ways. Flea’s bass intro is one hell of a way to kick off the album,and the energy only builds as the rest of the band comes in. The guitar riff is basic, but it works well in combination with the funkier rhythms brought about by Chad and Flea. Finally, the song settles into a more melodic chorus complemented beautifully by John’s haunting backing vocals. The outro is also one of the band’s better crafted jams that fits nicely into the ending of track 1.
- Scar Tissue- It had to be. I think this song captures the overall vibe of the album better than any other song here. The magic of this dosing comes less from the technicality, and more from the Beaty created by the combination of each part with iconic, memorable lyrics. This song IS Californication, and brings about a vibe that can’t be replicated anywhere else.
I know I was a bit long winded with some of those explanations, but I felt I owed it to defend the ranking. Let me know what you think and your own rankings. If y’all like this I’ll probably do BTW next.
submitted by SharkFinIsHere
to RedHotChiliPeppers [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:47 bee-haw I 24F live with my gf 24F and need/want more time alone
I 24F have been living with my gf 22F of three years for a two years now. We do EVERYTHING together. We're both university students, and both work pt at the same business. I love her very much, and we plan to eventually get married and all, but I have been desperately wanting much more time to myself. It's nearly impossible to get away without hurting her feelings as she always asks if she can come with me - she genuinely does want to spend this time with me, and I don't want to hurt her by saying no.
I struggle with some mental health stuff, and have always been an introvert and I don't know how to navigate this in this situation. I just like being alone for extended periods of time, there are even days that I wished I lived alone. It's so stress free and I feel like I can finally relax.
These feelings have been building in intensity for a while, to the point that I'm holding this weird unhealthy and unwarranted resentment against her at times. I look forward to days I know she will be away. I'm excited when we're scheduled for opposite shifts. I feel like a horrible person for this.
I love her more than anything, and she is absolutely amazing, but I literally cannot go on like this please help. How can I get more time to myself without hurting her feelings? I feel like she's the one, but I'm afraid that because I'm feeling like this we won't last.
TL;DR I live with my gf but feel that I need much more extended periods of time alone at home. We are constantly together, and I don't know how to go about making this happen.
submitted by bee-haw
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:47 UnfairEcho7277 So on the next season of marvels what if, Doctor Strange accidentally sends tony stark into the stargate universe. I’d love to see him In the lost city of Atlantis
He has Jarvis And the last suit
submitted by UnfairEcho7277
to Stargate [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:45 jeangatech Musical hallucinations in a total aphant
Being a total aphant, I can not create any auditory images in my mind. I am very non-musical, I cannot sing or play any instrument and rarely even listen to music. And yet about 4 years ago I had musical hallucinations that went on for months. It sounded like a radio was playing recordings of a full orchestra in the next room. After visits with a psychiatrist and neurologist I was diagnosed with an auditory Charles Bonnet Syndrome brought about by hearing loss. The hallucinations did not bother me much, as I knew they were hallucinations and they were of low enough volume that they did not interfere in my daily life. But, I am quite struck by the knowledge that even though I have no musical talent and little interest, a part of my brain was able to compose and orchestrate symphonies
submitted by jeangatech
to Aphantasia [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:45 hillsaustin Blood is thicker than water, both my dad and brother are two-faced back stabbers.
This is my very first Reddit post so bare with me.
I (22m) have always done my best to be a good son and brother. For context I live with my dad (56) and my younger brother (20m), for storytelling sake I will call my brother Gabe and my father Paul.
I will be the first to admit that I’m not perfect, and I have done my fair share of being hurtful and spiteful to both Paul and Gabe when I was a kid up until I was a teenager. Since growing and working on myself, I’ve recognized that I’ve done wrong and have apologized to the both of them back when I was 19 and done my best to show them I’ve changed. On the other hand, my parents got divorced when I was in 3rd grade and Paul took the divorce pretty hard, so much so that he took his anger out on me by verbally and emotionally abusing me, so I’ve always had a bit of a chip on my shoulder.
I moved out when I was 18 due to Paul and I butting heads on a regular basis. For example; Paul would down play any accomplishments I made such as graduating with honors and finding a lifelong partner at the time, or constantly blame me for things not being right in the house or not doing enough. Whenever we would get into arguments I would always try to work towards a solution and apologize if I was at fault, but Paul would always tell me it’s my fault, completely invalidate my feeling, put the blame back on me, and attempt to put words in my mouth that I never said or try and spin the story in his favor.
Whenever Paul talks about me to any family or friends, he always makes me sound like a lazy, manipulative, and selfish individual. When in reality I’m constantly trying to accommodate Paul’s feelings. I’m emotionally exhausted from just rolling over and taking whatever Paul berates me with.
As for Gabe, I’ve always done my best to protect I him and pass along any wisdom I’ve picked up. I even went so far as to writing his college essay for him him to get into a great university. Additionally, I prow texted him from our former step dad who was emotionally and physically abusive to myself and my mom. Trying to be a good big brother also means sometimes supplying him and his friends “drinks” and “herb” for parties, I don’t even think about telling Paul about Gabe’s party habits because gave us just young and wants to have fun, I was there at one point myself.
What made me realize Gabe is a two faced back stabbed is he tells Paul even when I’ve done something remotely “out of line according to Paul “ something as simple as accidentally forgetting to put the laundry basket back.
Here’s what really made me lose all hope; I have a gf (32f) and we rarely get to spend quality time together due to her having roommates and me living at home still, so on weekdays I invite her over when it’s just my brother and I home because I’m the past my brother had always been cool whenever I have a friend over or a significant other. I was in bed winding down and getting ready to fall asleep when I overheard my brother tell Paul that my gf was over. Paul doesn’t like her just by the fact that she’s older than me and is “too nice” (she’s from the Midwest).
Paul has always favored Gabe more by being more patient and understanding of him during his time of need. Gabe even failed out of college and Paul was forgiving. Whereas if I get anything less than a 4.0 then all hell breaks loose.
I’m tired of feeling so alone and never actually seen or listened to. I can’t point out to Paul how he makes me feel because he immediately turns the conversation into how that’s my fault and I’m being ungrateful. Paul has never told me that he’s proud of me or Higgs me anymore.
If you’ve made it this far thank you so much for reading.
submitted by hillsaustin
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:42 Iced-Tea5952 I feel like I messed things up when I just started
I just finished my first year of university and I received three C’s out of all my classes.
In high school, I always had around a 3.7 gpa and only received maybe two Cs throughout my time there. Overtime, my academic performance became a major part of me as family members/friends would only really talk to me about how I was always near the top of my class. now when I say only, I mean only my academics, at family reunions nearly the first thing people ask me is “what’s your gpa.” Receiving so many compliments before made me happy and now, I’m just embarrassed as my gpa in college currently is a 3.1.
I’m trying to not let it weigh heavily on me, after all in my fall semester I got very ill. I have a weak immune system and got hit with pretty much everything going around. On top of that, I have anxiety and while I planned to get medication for it before college started to help me with the transition it got delayed. Getting panic attacks during lectures and exams put me at a slight disadvantage as well. Plus, I know I’m worth more than just my grades but it’s so hard whenever people ask me my gpa then see the look of disappointment on their faces.
I know a 3.1 isn’t the end of the world, but I intend on applying to vet school after undergrad since I’ve always wanted to become a vet. Without a high gpa, it may be even more difficult to get in than it already is. Plus, I know there’s more difficult courses down the road and I’m afraid it’s just gonna take me down more.
For this next year I plan on adjusting my study habits. Additionally I signed up for my university’s disability services so I get some accommodations for my anxiety. I may decide to retake a class in the future, but right now money is a bit tight. Idk, I’m worried and afraid. I just want people to be proud of me and I hate that my friends view me as the “dumb friend”
submitted by Iced-Tea5952
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:42 bkngo A sign of fulfillment or fulfillment itself?
Have been manifestating reconciliation with my SP after 2 weeks of seperation. Today, I was naturally frustrated about how I wasn't getting anywhere and began to reflect on how I manifestated him into my life to begin with, with him having all the physical attributes of an ideal partner I've wanted. Immediately after this, I get a message from a match on tinder who has similar features to my SP. I haven't used tinder in nearly 2 months, as I've been dating my SP, so I must've matched with this guy at LEAST 2 months ago and he's only now messaging me.
This is extremely obvious to me that this is related to my manifestation, however I'm a bit confused. I know for a fact I do not want to start over with someone new and I'm done with online dating. I have reflected a lot over this and I'm sure the universe knows this is my desire. Is it possible the universe is giving me a better option than my SP? Or rather, is this a test for me to prove that it's truly my SP that I want and not just his physical attributes?
My only other, slightly more delusional, idea is that, since me and my SP met on tinder and he unmatched randomly before we broke things off, he thought that I was still using tinder as well and is making sure I'm not talking to other people by using a friend's profile. This person I matched with has similar interests on their page, is the same distance away as my SP, and comes from a similar cultural background, so it isnt too much to assume they could know eachother. Again, this is a stretch, but the universe always delivers your desires in the most bizarre ways.
Of course nobody can truly know, but I would like to see someone's thoughts and see if anyone else has had something similar before their manifestation came to them. I'm going to sit on the message for a few days before entertaining a response, simply because I don't want something new right now, however I am open to doorways being opened by the universe.
submitted by bkngo
to lawofattraction [link] [comments]