Ky motorcycle permit test practice
PSM1 Practice Tests Scrum Master certification-160Q
2023.06.08 17:49 abjinternational PSM1 Practice Tests Scrum Master certification-160Q
2023.06.08 17:49 abjinternational PSM1 Practice Tests Scrum Master certification-160Q
2023.06.08 17:49 abjinternational PSM1 Practice Tests Scrum Master certification-160Q
2023.06.08 17:47 hodsct59 Belmont Friday June 9 Choices
These are the horses and races that I will use while seeking my next decent score at Belmont Park on Friday. if the races are not cancelled. As I have mentioned many times, horse racing is a hard game to master but usually because no strategy is developed regarding what tends to repeat itself often, just with different horses from time-to-time and a money management system that helps one save money until they find a race, they are able to take advantage of. My strategy concerning betting has always been "bet a little to win a lot" but refers to taking risks most will not even think of trying. Good Luck to all.
Race 2: Allowance --- Purse $95,000 --- 3 YOs & Up N/W 1x Or N/W 2 Lifetime --- 6 Furlong Turf:
1)Bold Journey (6-5) won 3rd start back against state bred & O/C foes, so eligibility to race here is still intact. Next out he was overmatched against G1 foes and last start, in this class and condition, he finished 2nd as he and the winner produced their best run together as they were last two away from gate. Now moves from outside post to an inside one and has two decent and useful works since that start.4x4 to Alydar, 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Raise A Native. He will as a coupled interest to 2) Sousa Summer and will be listed in program as 1 and 1A.
8)Fredo (8-1) broke his maiden 4 starts back while gate to wire at one mile on grass. Connections have been using the right running style but a mile on any surface is probably a little further than his best distance. 7 of his 12 lifetime starts have come at a mile or further on grass or the AWT and he has the race record to prove he struggles going that far. His sprint races have all been lightning fast early and he has been able to get a clear early lead but finds a spot that looks a little lite on early speed. Broodmare sire, Gone West, sired 2 unbeaten champion fillies in France that never raced past 7 furlongs and 2 U.S. champion colts (Came Home & Speightstown) in his career that had front running speed to burn. 5x3 to Storm Bird & Mr. Prospector.
6)Giant's Fire (15-1) broke her maiden 3 starts back while laying close but off the early pace and managed to get up late. Next two starts, jockeys tried to send him early and could not even get close to the early pace and faded to finish last in both. He cuts back to a sprint in here and jockey need to let him settle early and then pick it up as they go around the turn, which is exactly what his dam line and broodmare sire is suggesting he will be better doing. Broodmare sire, Street Cry, sired two of the world's top fillies in Zenyatta & Winx and both were master late runners. 4th dam, Aptostar, is a multiple graded stakes winning filly that blew by several top fields. 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Fappiano. Simply waiting to be ridden correctly and will blow up the exacta when jockey lets him run his race.
9)Carpe's Dream (15-1) is making his first start of the year. Trainer has put 8 works in him in the last two months, the first six were more or less canters around the track but last two works indicates those works was beneficial to him. Likely not ready to beat a few of these but looks like he will have a pace to run at late. 4x4 to Storm Bird.
My Risks $5 Ex Box 1-8, $1 Tri Box 1-8-9, $.30 Super Box 1-6-8-9, $.50 Super Key 8 with 1-6-9 with 1-6-9 with 1-6-9. Total Risk $26.20.
Race 3: Maiden Special Weight --- Purse $75,000 --- 3 YOs & Up New York Bred --- One Mile:
3) Woodside Warrior (30-1) has started twice and has yet to pick up his feet. However, this is a weak field on NY bred maidens, and he is likely wanting to get to the early lead and has the bloodlines to do so. Trainer is adding blinkers and he has three good works since his last start, most likely all three while wearing the hood (but does not have to be reported as equipment change until race day). He should be fast enough to get the early lead due to his grandsire, Speightstown, and his broodmare sire, Freud, an unraced full brother to Giant's Causeway, progeny also got much braver when they were able to obtain the early lead. 4(C)x5(C)x3(F) to Storm Cat, 4x5 to Mr. Prospector, 5x4 to Seattle Slew, 5x5 to Secretariat.
7) Battleoflexington (6-1) has started twice this year, the first start where he was trailing at the first call and then grind his way to a 4th place finish beaten less than 4 lengths for the win but had received his training in Florida, then shipped to Aqueduct and then asked to run within a 6-day period, a tough task for a seasoned runner much less a maiden. In his second start, he returned in 16 days after his first start with another work, the addition of lasix, and put back on grass, where he did not pick up his feet. Now gets a month to recuperate and adds three more works, two of them useful and is not getting the kitchen sink thrown at him for the first time this year. Will likely respond to the lesser confusion that he has been presented with. 5x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Halo.
2) Refuah (3-1) broke his maiden two back but was disqualified and placed second for interference. He now has 11 placings in 14 lifetime starts and just does not seem like he was a will to win. He will likely eventually win but it is a waste of time and money trying to predict when. Therefore, I will use him underneath only. 5(C)x4(F)x4(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Northern Dancer & Halo.
My Risks: $8 Ex Straight 3-7, $3 Tri Straight 3-7 with 3-7 with 2. Total Risk $14.00.
Race 5: Starter Allowance $50K --- Purse $65,000 --- 3 YOs & Up Which has started for $50K or less and N/W 1x --- One Mile:
5) Ice Road (6-1) has started once this year on the speed favoring dirt track, ran a even race and then change trainers after that start. New trainer gave him two more months off, then put 5 more works in him over a month period in Florida and shipped him to NY where he has not recorded a work in three weeks. Each trainer has his own method of how to get a horse ready and since he wins at 18%, I believe he might have this one better prepared than it appears. He has only two lifetime starts on dirt, a third in the mud in the 2nd leg of Canadian TC and his last start which is decent considering the track he ran on and the brief layoff. Outcross in his first 5 generations.
1)Arrebato (8-1) broke his maiden three starts back in the second start of his career by tracking the early pace, then sent for the lead nearing six furlongs and drawing away in the stretch. Tried the same tactics in his next start on a sloppy track but one that was using same tactics as him got a big jump on him when the front runner stopped and won for fun while this one could not make up any ground and lost second at the wire to the deep closer in the race. Next out, he was tried against 3 YOs stakes company but they proved to be much too tough for him at this point of his career as he finished last. Back to the company where he fits best so far with 4 stamina building works since his last start and a change to a better jockey should help. His sire, Goldencents, won 2 editions of the G1 BC Dirt Mile. Broodmare sire, Badge Of Silver, won his first three lifetime start but was knocked off the derby trail in 2003 when he came out of the La Derby with a leg injury in his first loss but returned to finish 2nd In the Cigar Mile twice & 3rd in the BC Turf Mile. 5x5 to Mr. Prospector.
3) Long Term (5-2) has started three times this year, breaking his maiden in his second start by taking the lead nearing the half mile, then open a clear led into the stretch, then managed to hold 2 late runners safe in the stretch. Next out, he attempted the same strategy, but another beat him to the punch, and he flattened out in the stretch run to finish a well beaten third. Three useful works since his last start and he should be sitting on his best race in his fourth start of the year after a 10-month break. 5x5 to Northern Dancer & Sir Ivor.
7) Thunderian (6-1) was purchased out of a sale in Feb. for $28K by current connections, was gelded and has five starts for him with one win and three thirds. His last start was his only non-placing this year, he drops a level and returns in 9 days. Likely trying to entice someone to claim the horse before he tails off his best form. 4x5 to Northern Dancer.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 1-5, $1 Tri Box 1-3-5, $.30 Super Box 1-3-5-7, $.50 Super Key 1 with 3-5-7 with 3-5-7 with 3-5-7. Total Risk: $26.20.
Race 6: Allowance O/C $62.5K ---- Purse $100,000 --- 3 YOs & Up N/w $18K 2x or N/W 3 Lifetime or Claiming $62,500 --- 6 Furlongs:
11) High Connection (8-1) is making his first start of the year and his first start for new trainer Pletcher after being removed from Baffert's barn for the 2nd time late last year, likely because owners were expecting much more from a horse with his bloodlines and purchase price. Trainer has put a dozen works in him since he re-entered the work tab with one missed work while preparing others for derby week races and works (likely was missed on chart for due work date). However, trainer moved his next three works to 6-day intervals that should got him back on track. 4x3 to Deputy Minister.
4) High Oak (20-1) looked like he was going to develop into a nice runner but took a hard fall in last year's FOY stakes and is obviously having a hard time (or flashbacks) getting over his tragic fall. But he is showing signs of putting that behind him but needs some help from a jockey to let him run his race and not force him to get too close to the lead early, which was his style before the fall. Believes he gets that help with John V. He has three useful works since his last start and moves back to the surface where both sides of his family have the most success. 4(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Secretariat. 4th dam, Leix, is 1/2 sister to Shenanigans and developed her own important line.
1)Cadazero(8-1) was purchased out of an April sale for $60K and makes his first start for new connections. Trainer is known for putting slow works into his trainees preferring to let them go much further than recorded work and follows his usual pattern with this one. However, he has 2 graded stakes wins and has to use the tag because of them but is the class of this field. 4x5 to Mr Prospector & Northern Dancer, 5x5 to Raise A Native.
2)Rotknee (3-1) has started three times this year including winning his last race in a good time, 6 days after registering a bullet work that suggested he was reaching his peak fitness. He has one work since that effort, an easy four furlongs that should set him up for another top effort and personally much prefer to see this type of work than another fast/bullet work which rarely help a horse to maintain his form and can do more harm than good. Only problem with him is he is facing a pretty salty field here and does not show facing a field this tough. 5(C)x4(F)x4(F) to Mr. Prospector.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 4-11, $1 Tri Box 1-4-11, $.30 Super Box 1-2-4-11, $1 Super 11 with 1-2-4 with 1-2-4 with 1-2-4. Total Risk $29.20.
Race 7: Allowance --- Purse $80,000 --- 3 YOs & Up NY Bred N/W $18K 1x or N/W 2 Races Lifetime --- 7 Furlongs Turf:
8) Athenry (12-1) has one start this year which he sat mid-pack early but was out moved by eventual winner into the stretch and chased that one through the stretch while just holding onto second at the wire. He has two works since that effort, a useful work followed by a 3 furlongs blowout work 4 days before next start, likely to try to get him closer to the early pace. 4x5 to Raise A Native, 5x4 to Mr. Prospector. Also has a Secretariat crossing thru two daughters and plenty of Princequillo crossings thru his daughter, Somethingroyal, dam of Secretariat & his son Prince John (3 crosses in dam line alone).
4) Be Of Courage (8-1) has started twice this year which in first start, he did not pick up his feet to finish last and then in next start when stretched out to a mile, set the early pace until collared at the top of the stretch but continued to show good heart by battling back before being outrun to finish 3rd. Castellano, abroad for his only win to date, retakes the mount as he cuts back to 7 furlongs. One bullet 4 furlongs work since that last effort. 4x5 to Danzig, 4(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Northern Dancer, 5x5 to Mr. Prospector & Blushing Groom.
1)War Terminator (20-1) has one start this year, back in January, which he did not pick up his feet in an open bred O/C race he was probably overmatched in to begin with. Change of trainers since that effort and a move back up North to face NY bred should help. He finished 3rd in his last effort before leaving the area late last year in same class and conditions as this race and a repeat of that effort puts him in the thick of the outcome of this race. Has 5 works for this effort, the first two were leg stretching type works, followed by two good works and an easy work on grass and around the dogs should have him primed and ready. 4(C(x5(C)x5(F) to Northern Dancer, 5x4 to Fappiano.
7) Dr. Settle's Dream (12-1) will be making his first start of the year. he has eight works to prepare from this start, but last two are typical of works trainer usually gives trainees when he thinks they are ready and rarely tips his hand to indicate how fit they are. But he goes back to Alvarado, who has been his main jockey he uses for the last 5-6 years when he believes they are their fittest. He broke his maiden at first asking, then took on open bred stakes runner and finished last after setting the pace for a half mile at one mile on grass. Will likely appreciate the move back to stater bred and gets lasix for the first time. 4x5 to Mr. Prospector, 5(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Northern Dancer.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 4-8, $1 Tri Box 1-4-8, $.30 Super Box 1-4-7-8, $1 Super Key 4 with 1-7-8 with 1-7-8 with 1-7-8. Total Risk $29.20.
Race 8: New York Stakes(G1) --- Purse $600,000 --- 4 YOs & Up F&M --- 1 1/4 Mile Turf:
5) Virginia Joy (15-1) has started twice this year, the first effort where she sat far off the pace but put in a good late kick to finish 4th. Next start, she was 3rd for most of the way in a four-horse field but managed to get up for second in an extremely slow-paced race. However, her best races have come when she gets up close to the early pace and makes her best move before others have a chance to and she gets a jockey who will give her that opportunity in here. 3x3 to Sadler's Wells, 4x4 to Kris, 5x5 to Nijinsky II & Mill Reef.
8) With The Moonlight (9-2) has started four times this year, winning her first two starts in grade 2 stakes in the U.A.E, then shipping to the U.S. and finishing 2nd in a G1 stakes and then onto England to run one of the dullest races of her career in a G2. Now back to the U.S. but with a work on grass around the dogs since arriving. Trainer is no stranger to big races and have to believe this one will fire her best effort. 5x5 to Mr. Prospector.
7) War Like Goddess (6-5) has started once this year and beat a G3 field fairly easy but these will be much tougher and cuts back to a distance she has never won at, except her maiden win against non-winners. Still, she is the one to beat but regardless, I will take that chance on beating her at her likely off odds because there are simply too many things that can go wrong, regardless of how good one is. Bet her and you will not make any money that is worth the risk. Bet against her and you will likely lose but there is a possibility to make good money by taking a small risk. 5x5 to Northern Dancer.
1)Flirting Bridge (20-1) has started once this year and won her second condition allowance race. She is bred to at least want a 1/4-mile distance, but this will be only her second start at the distance and in her first start narrowly missed becoming a G1 stakes winner. She has five more works since her first start and they should all be helpful in moving her forward. 4x3 to Danehill, 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 4(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer.
My Risk: $5 Ex Box 5-8, $1 Tri Box 5-7-8, $.30 Super Box 1-5-7-8, $.50 Super Key 5 with 1-7-8 with 1-7-8 with 1-7-8. Total Risks $26.20.
Race 9: Acorn Stakes(G1) --- Purse $500,000 --- 3 YO Fillies ---- 1 1/16 Mile:
1)Dorth Vader (10-1) has started 4 times with 1 win in her 2nd start of the year as her only board finish. In her last, she was sent to pressure the early pace and it set the race up for several late runners to make a major impact. But in her third start back which was her only win, she proved her would rather rate behind the early speed and then make her move after they tire each other considerably. Believe she again gets that opportunity as there are at least two in here that looks like they want the early lead at all costs. She has changed trainers since the Ky. Oaks and he decided to give Velasquez a try to relax her as most jockey tried thus far has burnt her out. 5x5 to Storm Bird, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector.
8)Accede (8-1) has started twice in her career, breaking her maiden at first asking then in her last start, raced near the rear early and tried to grind her way into contention but it proved futile was front running speed was holding well that day. Trainer has put three more good works in her since that last race and she looks as ready as any in here. Complete outcross in her first 5 generations but is loaded with Teddy & Commando bloodlines.
7)Goodgirl Badhabits (10-1) has started twice and ran away from the competition in both starts but now gets an acid test to see if she is for real. Personally, I think she will pass that test but lose this battle though not likely to fade too bad if she gets over her bad gate habits. She has three good works since her last start which is not really surprising since she has plenty of early speed. The question with her is how well she will handle the pressure she will receive in here. Both her sire, Mastery and broodmare sire, Vindication, were unbeaten in 4 lifetime starts each but both were injured and retired during their 2 YO careers (I let you figure out who trained both). However, this one's 4th dam, Imagining, is also dam of multiple year champion filly, Serena's Song, who also was an excellent producer of solid foals. 5x3 to Seattle Slew, 5x4 to Storm Bird & Weekend Surprise.
4) Occult (12-1) has started twice this year, winning a listed stake race in her first start at 9 furlongs while staying on the favorable part of track that was listed as good and then faltering in her next start on a fast track, also at 9 furlongs. A filly she faced in both these races came back and ran a fast closing second in the Ky Oaks, so you will need to take her speed figures and toss them. She is much faster than those figures suggest but now gets a chance to prove it. Actually, believe she would prefer sitting off the early pace and then making her move turning into the stretch. She has 7 works since her last start with most of them good moves which likely means she is still on the improve. 4x4 to Storm Cat, 5x5 to Halo.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 1-8, $1 Tri Box 1-7-8, $.30 Super Box 1-4-7-8, $1 Super Key 1 with 4-7-8 with 4-7-8 with 4-7-8. Total Risk $29.20.
Race 10: Belmont Gold Cup S(G2) --- Purse $250,000 --- 4 YOs & Up --- 2 Miles Turf:
Race 11: Intercontinental Stakes(G3) --- Purse $200,000 --- 4 YOs & Up F&M --- 6 Furlongs Turf:
3) Clitheroe (15-1) has started once this year and won a first level condition allowance. She takes a big step up in class, but connections likely thought highly of her to drop north of $800K as a 2 YO purchase. She has two works since her U.S. debut win, a good work at 6 furlongs and a good work at 4 furlongs. She gets to race at the same track for 2 races in a row after switching tracks every start through her first 9 tries. 4(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Nureyev, 5(C)x4(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer.
2) Sarah Harper (6-1) has started 3 times this year and has finished 3rd in two of those starts. However, her current form cycle started back in August of last year and she now has seven starts without a win but a second and 4 thirds. Her last start was her 2nd lifetime start on grass and she ran into a filly named Caravel both times. Caravel upset the boys in the BC Turf Sprint last year at 40-1 in gate to wire fashion. In Sarah Harper's first six starts of her career, she set quarter fractions of 21 4/5 seconds or faster, but those have been missing since she has returned. Why? It seems to me her trainer has been trying to get her to rate and it is not working as plan. Now it's time to go back to the catch me if you can type game. One good work since her last start. Can wire this field with a good break. 4x5 to Danzig.
7) Bubble Rock (5-2) has started twice this year which she finished 2nd in her first start in a first condition allowance, then return in a listed stakes race that is often the springboard race for sprint grass fillies to bigger and better races and won. Has 2 good works on grass around the dogs since that effort and a repeat performance would not be a surprise. 4x5 to Mr. Prospector, 4(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer.
1)Poppy Flower (9-2) has started twice this year with her first start being against O/C foes where she finished 3rd in a five-horse field that was nothing more than an out to help her get fitter, then a listed stakes where she finished second to the likely favorite in here. She has three works since her last start, the first work was a maintenance breeze followed by 2 good works that likely has her ready to give a top effort again. 5(C)x5(C)x 5(F) to Northern Dancer.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 2-3, $1 Tri Box 2-3-7, $.30 Super Box 1-2-3-7, $1 Super Key 2 with 1-3-7 with 1-3-7 with 1-3-7. Total Risk $29.20.
7th Race Late P5: 1,4 with 5,8 with 1,8 with 2,11 with 1,2. Total Risk $16.00. Total Risk All Bets: $225.40.
submitted by hodsct59
to horseracing [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:47 svsedai I am afraid to drive because of my ADHD
Hi ladies! I am currently in the process of testing for ADHD with a local psychiatrist, but after reading more about it online and scrolling through this sub, I doubt I don’t have it. So many things discussed here made me cry because they describe me perfectly, and I appreciate this community so much.
One of my biggest fears due to my condition is driving. I space out so much whenever I am doing something repetitive, and I was hit by a car while crossing the street at green light when I was 15 by an inattentive driver. He literally drove slowly into me without noticing I was there while looking straight ahead. Luckily I was fine. Ever since, I’ve been so afraid to hurt someone else myself. I’ve gotten the learning permit and have been behind the wheel a few times (only in parking lots), but have never dared to go any further than that. But I am almost 30, and it’s so embarrassing and just plainly cumbersome to not be able to get myself from point A to point B.
Did anyone else experience this? How do you all manage your attention while driving? Do the meds help?
Thank you so much!
submitted by svsedai
to adhdwomen [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:40 Less_List_5161 Why do you get POOR RESULTS even though you STUDY SO HARD?
When I was in my study phase of 16+ hours, I would still manage to miss a bulk number of marks. After years of hit and trial, I have concluded these secrets in compact form here. Hope it is useful!
1. I EXAMINED THE CHAPTERS & HIGHLIGHTED THE KEYWORDS
WHY THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT? ANS:
- First, you quickly look through everything.
- Then, you use colored markers/highlighters to mark the important things you need to learn. You use one color for the big ideas and another color for important details. You don’t need to write everything down.
- because it helps me figure out which parts of the book I need to pay attention to.
- because sometimes we can forget what we’re learning after studying for a long time.
- because we focus too much on each part of the chapter and forget how everything connects together. Do you ever feel like this too?
Imagine you have 50 pages to read – you don’t want to waste time taking notes on every single page! So this step helps you pick out the most important parts to focus on. MY MISTAKE:
I made a mistake in my Biology class by taking notes on pages that weren’t important because I didn’t read ahead. I thought everything was important, but it wasn’t. It’s important to only focus on the important parts.
Before you start learning something, it’s a good idea to make a plan for what you will learn.
This will help you understand how all the different parts fit together
and make it easier to remember everything.
It’s like putting together a puzzle instead of trying to remember each piece on its own.
When you’re studying how plants move water and nutrients around, it’s like putting together a puzzle. First, you need to understand the different parts of the plant and what they do.
Then, you can learn about how the plant takes in water and nutrients, and how it moves them around to where they’re needed.
It’s like figuring out the steps to solve a problem. When you have a test coming up, you can use the title of the subject to remember everything you need to know. This is a really helpful trick. Then, you should ask yourself questions about the subject to make sure you understand it well.
2. I WOULD CREATE 'N' NO. OF QUESTIONS & ANSWER THEM
Okay, up to here, we have already learned about something and taken notes.
Now, we need to make up a lot of questions about that one thing. FOR INSTANCE:
if you learned about how water moves in plants, you can make six questions just about how it gets from the roots to the stem. A FREE TRICK TO FORM QUESTIONS:
You can quickly write questions and answers by typing a few buttons. To know how to form questions and write notes if you’re lazy, read this.
But remember, writing things down helps you remember them better than just typing.
When a teacher gives you a test and asks you questions about what you read. You read the section again and find the answers to the questions. Then you say the answers in your own words.
You shouldn’t just copy the answers from your textbook. Typing is quick, but it’s not the best way to learn. These are ways of studying that don’t work well.
After you read a section, it’s good to stop and remember the questions you wrote down before.
- Before you keep studying, make sure you can answer all the questions you wrote down.
- This is called the ‘ask and answer’ technique and it helps you remember things better.
3. I STUDY USING QUESTIONS
When we ask ourselves questions, our brains want to find the answers. This makes our brains work hard
and helps us learn better.
It’s important to keep asking questions until you know the answers
before moving on to something new.
Before you start learning about something, look at a picture that shows all the important parts. If you can say all the important parts in order without looking at the picture, then you understand it really well.
4. Why do you study long hours but don’t see results?
ANS: You are probably engaging in passive studying techniques.
If you are not achieving satisfactory results and do not perceive studying as a challenging or uncomfortable task, then you are likely not studying efficiently. DON'T DO THIS:
- Simply highlighting your textbook, solely relying on your lecturer’s lectures, and repeatedly reading over your notes are ineffective methods of studying.
- Repetitive reading of material may increase familiarity but does not necessarily equate to comprehension.
- To truly understand what is being learned, it is important to engage both the mind and body through active studying.
- This involves actively participating in the learning process, rather than simply passively absorbing information.
By doing so, one can deepen their understanding and retention of the material.
5. DO ACTIVE STUDYING INSTEAD HOW?
- Take thorough notes that highlight the most significant points.
- Rephrase the information in your own words, recall key details, and engage in practice exercises to reinforce your understanding.
- Simply reading a chapter is not enough to fully understand and retain the information. Instead, teach the material to someone else, create a mind map to summarize the chapter, and watch additional videos to gain a deeper understanding.
Simply highlighting and typing notes is not sufficient for effective learning. As an example, the mitochondria are known as the powerhouse of the cell.
How your mindset is harming you
The following point is perhaps the most crucial one to consider – that is,
you are not studying simply to gain knowledge, but rather, you are studying to achieve a high score on the exam.
Your attitude towards education
can have a significant impact on both your psychological well-being and your academic success.
YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS (MOTIVATION)
How you approach your education can have a big impact on how well you do in school and how you feel mentally.
If you only care about getting good grades, you might miss out on the real benefits of learning.
It’s normal to forget things when you’re learning, and your brain will remember what it thinks is important. So, if you try to understand the material instead of just memorizing it,
you’ll do better and feel less stressed about tests and homework.
In short, your attitude towards studying can affect how happy and successful you are in school.
We have a bunch of tests (small ones) throughout the year that cover different stuff, and then one big test at the end that covers everything.
If you only focus on studying for that one big test and ignore the others, you’re gonna forget everything you learned once it’s over. I think we’ve all been there before, right? Forgetting everything right after a test.
If you’re always forgetting stuff after every little quiz, then you’re screwed for the final exam.
You’ll basically have to start from scratch and relearn everything you’ve covered so far. Can you imagine cramming all that material in one or two days? No way you’ll ace the test.
And seriously, don’t be thinking “When am I ever gonna use this in real life?” That’s not a good attitude to have.
Lots of people ask themselves why they should care about studying certain things and whether it even matters. We might indeed learn stuff that isn’t helpful later on, but that’s no reason to slack off. It takes effort and discipline to push ourselves to study subjects that don’t grab our attention or seem useless.
The stuff you learn in school can actually come in handy outside of class too!
Don’t brush it off as useless – it can help you grow as a person. And trust me, being a Debbie Downer (or complainer) about learning won’t do you any favors. Plus, it’s important to stay on top of your studies and have a plan to reach your academic goals.
I hope you understand this and start grinding from today itself, more like now itself after reading this.
I wish you all the very best in your studies!! And don't stress too much ;)
If any problem regarding your academics, then feel free to mail me here
or comment below!
submitted by Less_List_5161
to study [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:40 Maximum_Band_7492 Passed the Test at Home in Ukraine: 3AT
| || | submitted by Maximum_Band_7492 to pmp [link] [comments]
- The home process is painless if you read everything and test your equipment in advance.
- I got one warning because I was scratching my head to the side a little bit.
- Took 65-70 minutes for each section, leaving me enough time to review the zingers.
- I followed Max Ma's advice on YouTube but changed the plan to three weeks vs. two since I am not a Yale grad and 52. My brain is a bit slower. I took the Thor teaches a class at 2x. and did the process groups game until I averaged 90%. One of the teachers in Thor teaches worked in the commercial pot industry. She has some great stories.
- My study materials and techniques:
- Prozac Daves 200/150/100 questions (free) - reviewed 2x each, stopping and answering each question before getting the answer.
- AR's TIA Simulators - reviewed 2x each (6 exam averages Round 1: 78% and Round 2: 93%)
- PMP Practice Exam 260 questions (Did this twice in 60-question/75-minute blocks to train for the time constraints).
- Third Rock's paid notes: Read all of it but mostly the mindset stuff.
- Pretend you are a PC PM at a large company, hired to fill some quota. I worked in corporations for a long time and created a persona for myself that I am "one of those PM's" with a liberal mindset, suffering from toxic positivity. In real life, no one with worthwhile credentials will humiliate themselves, accepting the title of "Servant Leader" and facilitating jerks and programmers with low EI. I delivered a lot of value by firing and replacing such folks with outsourcing or contractors. Perhaps the new PMP exams will make firing the jerk and going to their boss the correct answer instead of being this person who has to take crap all day from both superiors and subordinates. Anyway, you get my drift, pretend you are the PC, woke, liberal PM at the office going from one meeting to the next and sending out long emails - that's how you pass.
- After each round of practice questions, I took notes and looked up the concepts. I also made a list of trigger words like facilitate, collaborate, investigate, etc.
- Used active reading, read the question, the passage, and the answer choices, ruled out some of the choices, then read the passage again. Plugged the answer back into the question for a sanity check.
This test is about being able to read and comprehend fast. Then eliminate choices based on their pompous and idealistic logic.
You need to prepare as you did for the GMAT, ACT, or SAT exams. If you are struggling, get in the habit of reading business-level articles in the WSJ, Economist, and HBR and see if you can comprehend what you learned. Reading comprehension is a fundamental skill that must be mastered. That will do more for you than taking crazy expensive courses.
2023.06.08 17:39 otaku_shasha I feel suicidal
I am a (23f) who studies in final year dentistry. I have been struggling with performance anxiety and clinical depression since my first year in dental school. I failed in the 1st year which led to me getting 6 months drop from the original class I joined and later on I had to take another drop because of my father’s health conditions during covid time. And finally I was put in a regular batch where I made friends and was coping okayish. But unfortunately i failed 2 subjects in my final year and was given another drop of 6 months. I failed oral pathology and periodontics. My 3rd year oral pathology HOD has been consistently downright mean to me and even passed negative comments regarding my father’s health issues and my mental health issues. She thinks I’m acting an elaborate play or faking things to gain sympathy. She didn’t sign my journal coz I took a drop from 3rd year finals during my father’s hospitalisation days and later on when I was promoted to 4th year she agreed to sign my journal certificate. Unfortunately whenever I went to her, she kept sending me back or asking me to do corrections required and I did what I was asked to do. I must have gone to her more than a dozen times back and forth. She would call me during times when I was in lecture or in OPD or whenever I went, she wasn’t in her cabin. When I had to go meet her post taking drops to sort things out in 3rd year, She passed insensitive remarks regarding my father’s health condition saying how can a person be sick for such a long time. My father was suffering from acute necrotising pancreatitis which led to 20% necrosis of his pancreas and all the complications related to it along with 12mm kidney stone which caused him immense pain and he was in ICU for a long time as he also has diabetes and high blood pressure. I brought all the relevant documents about my father’s health and asked her to make a note that I wasn’t simple missing her classes because I am not punctual but because I need to be there for my family. She rejected seeing the reports by saying “I don’t want to see all this.” I told her she can have a talk with my mother but she still did not accept that and she again said she doesn’t want to have any talk with my family. She looked at me like I was selling her some sob story and sent me away. But her comments regarding my father’s health and the way she looked at me, led me to attempt suicide because she made me feel like its better for me to disappear than ever show my face to her. I tried hanging myself and my mom found me in the room doing that. My room has a key lock and she had the keys. After that I cried a lot and it took me a long time to recover. I gave my 3rd year finals and passed 2 out of 3 exams. I failed her exams and wasn’t able to answer anything because looking at her in the exam hall triggered those memories of me trying to kill myself and everything she has done or said or how I cried pathetically during my father’s hospitalisation time. So I wasn’t able to deal with all that and failed the exam. In 4th year I sat for the KT she gave me in her subject. The day before my practical exams, I had a major panic attack where I suffered from terrible chest pains and was not able to breath properly and kept shivering. I was taken to the hospital and given IV and medication to calm down. I was in the hospital till the evening and barely had time to study for her practicals. This time I passed the theory exam but I was failed in the practical exams. She threw my answer paper on my face when the external asked me questions and asked me how was my theory paper. I was answering her and she saw the bruises I got from the IV, injections and blood tests they did the night before. And the external asked me about the same and when I told her honestly, the HOD lady lost her shit and threw the paper on my face saying how dare I go around tell others she failed me when I am not worth of passing. She thought I was trying to gain sympathy from the external. She has been mentally harassing me this way since past 1 year and so much that I have PTSD and seeing her triggers me. I also had a massive panic attack during my Periodontics practical exam and fainted. I failed that exam. My father went to have a talk with my dean of the college and asked him about how my exams will be taken. He met my college mentor who asked me to meet her. I met her today and she asked me to sit for the classes and then said how all my peers have becomes intern doctors and I am still in final year 1st term. I came home and cried a lot. I felt its not worth living because I’ve been in a lot of mental pain since my first year of dental school. I have invested my whole teenage and everything to become a dentist and yet I keep getting slapped like this by my fate and made to struggle every single day. I am beyond heartbroken and depressed, if I get failed another time then I don’t know what I will do. The oral pathology HOD is responsible for passing people in practicals and if she fails me again I don’t know what to do. My parents tell me they understand my pain but they don’t. My father and I have regular fights about all this. I am so exhausted that even getting up from bed or closing my eyes feel draining. I have been constantly crying and dreaming about dying. I don’t know how to cope or manage anything and I can’t even put an official complaint against her as I am worried she may take it personally and fail me again. But the things she made me go through deserves her to be reported in the college. Worst part is she is a doctor herself and yet she bullied me like I am some insignificant vermin not worth being taken into any consideration. Someone please help me. I am so lost and in so much pain. My father said he will go and have talk with my HOD. But sadly during fights he shouts at me me and tells me about how going to my college and talking to the teachers and everyone there is him having to beg for me which hurts me a lot.
submitted by otaku_shasha
to depression [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:38 XShadowXVX How do you do 28
Why is the answer G
submitted by XShadowXVX
to ACT [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:36 usedndabused Practice VS test
Hi I don't know if this is obvious and I'm just over thinking it but I'm in training and I know they put not to take the manifesto /flow test yet but does that mean we do the practice courses still or wait till they tell us?
submitted by usedndabused
to dutchbros [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:34 FuzzyAardvark3057 610 without prep: Q 147 V 127 IR 6
So the thing is I've gotten a 610 with, with 147 in Quants, and 127 in Verbal, 6 in IR and AW. This is from the official GMAT test. I had no prep whatsoever, and I had given GRE a couple months ago where I secured 320 (165 Q, 155 V, 5 AW) and I had studied for a few days for that one from a couple books I bought (no mocks or anything, just skimmed over some topics and a few questions from Princeton and Magoosh). I have a background in finance and a 1 year of work exp.
Realistically speaking, I wanted to know how many hours I should put in to get 780+ in 2 months. I know this is a very unrealistic target, but just wanted to know if it's possible at all with my current profile, and the test will be somewhere in August if I register for it. Also, would appreciate any and all resource suggestions to get through this prep, over and above the free practice questions and princeton review book that I have. Would appreciate some cheaper alternatives, not looking to spend spend $400 or something like that for 2 months. Thanks!
submitted by FuzzyAardvark3057
to GMAT [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:31 skacore66 Neighbor's loud motorcycle in the morning
I could really use some advice dealing with a neighbor and his loud motorcycle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated because I am at wit's end.
The background: We have a neighbor two doors down who drives a "Harley-like" motorcycle to work every morning that weather permits. This means that he starts his motorcycle up around 5 a.m. (this morning was 4:55 a.m.) and the thing is loud enough to wake us up. Some mornings he lets it run 5-10 minutes, others only 1-2 minutes, either way, the damage is done and precious sleep is lost.
We spoke to him in the past (last year) and he did stop letting his motorcycle run for too long in the morning. Unfortunately, this year he seems to have forgotten and we are losing sleep again. We have complained to the police and they did show up at the neighbor's house 2 days ago, but little has changed.
Anyone have any ideas of what more we could do or are we just out of luck with an inconsiderate neighbor?
submitted by skacore66
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:19 PennyworthInvesting Canada Nickel’s Carbon Storage Technology Exceeds Expectations
| || |Canada Nickel Company Inc. (TSXV:CNC) (OTCQX:CNIKF) submitted by PennyworthInvesting to pennystocks [link] [comments]
today announced that test work for its novel carbon storage process, In-Process Tailings (“IPT”) Carbonation, is demonstrating results that are significantly above expectations.
The Company also announced that its Integrated Feasibility Study (“IFS”) is expected to be released in September, following the completion of final engineering design for IPT Carbonation. All other engineering work for the Crawford feasibility study has been successfully completed.
- Carbon Capture testing continues to exceed expectations, both on time and the amount of carbon that can be stored. Canada Nickel’s tech can store 7x more carbon than traditional methods and in 1% of the time (7 hours vs 100 days)
- Crawford is on track to be the lowest emissions primary nickel mine in the world.
- This carbon capture technology will qualify Canada Nickel for significant government tax credits, potentially funding the entire equity portion of the project’s startup capital. Less equity means less stock issuance.
- IPT Carbonation testing was conducted on rock samples with the same characteristics as the main deposit, increasing the probability carbon capture will work at scale.
- The Crawford project alone could achieve 7% of Canada’s entire carbon removal goal making it a key asset for government leaders.
Canada Nickel CEO, Mark Selby commented:
We believe the IPT Carbonation process has transformative potential for the Company. Our test work demonstrates the ability to efficiently store one million tonnes of CO2 annually when the project is fully ramped up utilizing a process plant design of only 6.5 hours of residence time versus an initial design target of 12-24 hours. These results can help contribute to delivering this solution at relatively low capital and operating costs.
Canada Nickel’s Crawford Project is hosted in ultramafic rock, which naturally absorbs and sequesters CO2. Canada Nickel has developed the novel IPT Carbonation process which involves injecting a concentrated source of CO2 into tailings generated by the milling process for a brief period of time. This simple process captures CO2 geologically in the tailings while they are still in the processing circuit, rather than after they
have been finally deposited.
Mr. Selby continued:
Crawford is poised to be a leader in the energy transition through the large-scale production of critical minerals, including nickel and cobalt, and to become the sole North American producer of chromium, while also supporting Canada’s climate objectives through large scale carbon capture and storage and providing an anchor for a Zero Carbon Industrial Cluster in the Timmins-Cochrane region.
Access to the required testing facilities for pilot scale tests to confirm the engineering design for IPT Carbonation has been delayed to this summer and as a result, the integrated feasibility study for the project is now expected to be delivered in September 2023. This delay has no impact on the overall timeline to production as the Company continues to target receipt of permits by mid-2025 with construction to follow. Permitting remains on-track and good progress is being made through the second stage of the federal permitting process.
Mr. Selby continued:
We are very pleased to reach successful completion of the remainder of the engineering for the Crawford project. Our decision to incorporate our IPT Carbonation into an integrated feasibility study has been validated by the multiple approaches we’ve received from multinationals pursuing comprehensive carbon solutions. I am very proud of our team that is taking our IPT Carbonation process from breakthrough to a feasibility study engineered design in just 14 months.
The Crawford Project has the potential to achieve 7% of Canada’s 15 megatonne carbon removal goal.
The Company believes that the successful incorporation of IPT Carbonation could potentially allow a portion of the Company’s project capital expenditures to become eligible for the carbon capture and storage refundable investment tax credits of 37.5% to 60% for years 2022-2030 and 18.75% to 30% for years 2031-2040, as announced in the 2022 federal budget.
The interest received from multiple large multinational companies pursuing carbon storage solutions further supports the Company’s belief that the mineral sequestration utilized by the Company may be considered an effective carbon storage approach that would meet Environment and Climate Change Canada requirements. Canada Nickel has received approaches from several large multinational companies seeking carbon storage solutions.
Mr. Selby concluded:
Canada Nickel has generated significant momentum in 2023 with the strategic investment by Anglo American, our successful completion of the first phase of federal permitting for Crawford, our appointment of Cutfield Freeman & Co. to support the debt portion of our project financing team alongside our equity advisors, Scotiabank and Deutsche Bank, and our ongoing success in our regional exploration program.
We expect this momentum to continue through the rest of the year with the completion of the integrated feasibility study, our initial resource estimate and Preliminary Economic Analysis for potential near-term production at our Texmont Project, and advancing both the permitting and financing to allow a construction decision to be made for Crawford by mid-2025, when permits are expected to be received.
IPT Carbonation Test Work
In the current phase of test work, Canada Nickel has conducted a series of variability tests to establish the IPT Carbonation Process engineering design criteria and develop predictive CO2 storage models. The results have exceeded expectations. Testing was done on samples based on their brucite content as well as their location within the deposit with a bias towards material that is expected to be processed in the initial project phases. The results received to date have confirmed the ability to store more than one million tonnes of CO2 per year.
Qualified Person and Data Verification
Arthur G. Stokreef, P.Eng (ON), Manager of Process Engineering & Geometallurgy and a “qualified person” as such term is defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information in this news release on behalf of Canada Nickel Company Inc.
2023.06.08 17:18 Andrew221298 Survey for Sports fans who use Instagram
For the final project of my MSc in Marketing, I am exploring what type of football content is most effective on Instagram before creating a channel to test the results practically.
If anyone could answer this survey it would be of great help and any shares are appreciated 🙂 It should take n longer than 5-10 minutes to complete
I need around 40 more participants until I can start the analysis - All data is anonymous and will be deleted upon completion of the project. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvqZZd8OhaRhtR4SbUfoWYBVCWGPymNJDUNcCfRW1BwDijxA/viewform?usp=sf\_link
submitted by Andrew221298
to SurveyExchange [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:14 Extension_Finish8779 Curated a list of some of the best products that I have ever purchased
2023.06.08 17:10 LilP_BigD Application Advice - Late Retake?
Hey all. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I was just hoping to get some advice regarding my application this cycle - what should I do? Stats:
- State of Residence: OH
- Undergrad: Small, private university (OH) - Graduated in May.
- GPA + MajoMinor: 4.0, Molecular Biology/Chemistry
- White, male
- MCAT Score (Tested 06/03): ???
- EMT (Clinical Employment - most meaningful experience) - 2400 hrs
- Retail Worker at a Local Hardware Store (Non-clinical Employment - most meaningful experience) - 4000 hrs
- Concrete WorkeFinisher (Non-clinical employment) - 1100 hrs
- General Laborer at a Construction Company (Non-clinical employment) - 450 hrs
- Leadership position in a pre-med organization - 80 hours
- Leadership position in Habitat for Humanity (Community Service - most meaningful experience) - 280 hours
- Super passionate about this, as I was able to put many of the construction skills that I learned to benefit the local community/surrounding communities.
- 350 hours at a summer internship (dual shadowing/research) program offered to 10 undergrad students at a large hospital. I headed up a quality improvement project within the department, which led to me being a primary author on the QI project manuscript, and a secondary author on an additional project. Both are pre-publication.
- 100 hours of undergrad genetics research.
- 1 online conference for genetics research, posters/presentations for both.
- 40 hours (Anesthesiology), 12 hours (EM), 8 hours (Orthopedics), 8 hours (ENT)
- Pre-Med Advisor
- Committee Letter from 8-10 science/non-science professors/advisors.
- Department Chair (MD) where I had my summer internship, we worked together closely.
So, I'd like to preface this all by saying that money has been more of a struggle in my life, more often than not. I worked various jobs throughout high school, starting at 14. After I graduated HS, I immediately began working at the hardware store, as well as the concrete company. I worked at the concrete company the summer before I began college, the summer after my freshman year, and all four winter breaks. The following summer was the construction job, followed by the summer internship at the hospital. I worked part-time at the hardware store throughout college, roughly 25-30 hours/week during my freshman/sophomore year, which bumped down to 10-15 hours/week (was no longer commuting to college). At that point, I began working as an EMT. All that being said, I am damn proud
of the fact that I graduated college, debt-free.
I think the gap year was a good choice for me, allowing me to save some money to save up some money for a ring (!!!!!) as well as build savings for medical school.
The problem lies with the MCAT. I graduated in the middle of May, leaving a solid two weeks of dedicated study for my 06/03 test date. I studied sparingly throughout the semester, but not the depth that was necessary. However, I felt like I had a solid content base. The two weeks were packed with 10-12 hour days of dedicated studying and AAMC practice.
- AAMC FL5 (Diagnostic) on 05/19 - 506
- Free Unscored Sample on 05/25
- AAMC FL1 on 05/26 - 506
- AAMC FL4 on 05/31 - 516
- Felt like I kind of had the "aha" moment regarding AAMC logic on questions.
Plan was to take the 06/03 test and submit the primary by 06/10 to 06/13 (to get verified) without my score. However, I walked out of the testing center feeling TERRIBLE, making me question everything. I am scared that I would just be burning money/time applying to places, knowing I don't really have a shot based on the score. I've taken the past couple of days to catch up with friends, process things, and decompress. I was really hoping to make the MCAT as painless as possible, but fear that I've destroyed my chances of applying this cycle. I'm considering the 07/15 or 07/28 retake contingent on the results of my score, but I know that I'm racing the clock.
I also had a few bigger events planned for the summer, including a vacation, weddings/bachelor parties, and my stomach is turning at the thought of balancing jobs, those events, and pre-writing secondaries, in the midst of another MCAT prep (hence, why I was trying to bang it out at the beginning of the summer).
So, I was just seeing if someone has been in a similar position, or if anybody had any advice for my situation. I would love to hear any thoughts!
For reference, no preference towards DO/MD. Ideally, I would like to remain somewhat close to home. Additionally, if anybody would like to discuss a school list - I'd love to chit-chat.
Apologies for the long-winded post, but I cannot thank you guys enough for all the information/advice I've picked up from this subreddit. You guys are incredible!
submitted by LilP_BigD
to premed [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:10 iKarnezar [M4FFF] Salazar the demon hybrid and his adventurous harem, "The Vixens of Babylon." [Fantasy/Prompt]
(( This prompt is just a sample of my writing. Feel free to change it up, create your own, or alter the girls in any way you wish. My Kinks are Domination, Humiliation, Force, Coercion, etc. but I can adjust if need be.
My hard limits are no diapers, scat, watersports, heavy bruising, bleeding, death, mutilation, taking virginity, and no little ones or animals.
I have a profile, and I live in the New York/DC timezone. ))
Salazar Ishtar's golden eyes danced from one edge of the expansive dungeon to the other, taking in all that he had just acquired. Before the once-banished demon hybrid stood a myriad of treasures, all thought to be lost to time but discovered using knowledge from an old world. Whispers amongst the denizens of the demon realm spoke of a ghastly shadowy figure, akin to the Grim Reaper, who would stalk living beings up until their demise, and then rob them of their worldly possessions. Whether it was to doom the newly departed spirits so that they could never pay Charon the Ferryman, or the ghoul was simply the manifestation of Earthly greed, it didn't seem to matter now. Salazar pushed his jet black hair out of his eyes as he took a seat upon a golden throne that likely belonged to a King that was de-throned, only to be robbed by the Vanity Phantom.
However, the location of this treasure, along with its subsequent discovery and acquisition was not all Salazar's handiwork. Instead, he had his quarrelsome harem of women, infamously known across the lands as "The Vixens of Babylon," to thank for the current treasure he stood before. Their powers of seduction, stealth, and infiltration were only matched by their brutality, ambition, and cunning natures. One may find this claim hard to believe due to the constant quibbling and petty disagreements that Salazar would often sort out himself. While Zera, the Cleric, was the de-facto leader of the group (obviously under Salazar's direction), she would still defer to him when it came to putting each Vixen in their place and redirecting their pent up energies into practical training regiments. Even so, the very real fruitful results of their excursions led to the evolution of Salazar's goals and as a result, more powerful targets. Rarer treasures to fund their travels, stronger foes to beat, and his ultimate goal: getting revenge on the Wizard who had banished him, having dubbing Salazar the "Bastard Hybrid of Babylon."
This banishment lasted a millennia, and it was Zera who had discovered this ancient injustice and completed the daunting task of returning Salazar to this Earthly realm. Once summoned, Salazar was obligated to fulfill a single wish, and when Zera wished for him to lead her to the Vanity Phantom's treasures, their journey began. Taking lead on the journey, Salazar made the executive decision to form a team.
The firsts to be tested and recruited were Alice, the Warrior, and Anastasia, the Archer. The two would butt heads often, and had a powerful rivalry that Salazar would redirect into games and contests for them, finding that these brought out the best in both of them. It was the result of their stubborn natures that had completely obliterated the other candidates, resulting in both of them earning a spot on the Team.
Finally, there was Jade, the Rogue, who had been caught trying to rob the team. Admiring her tact and skill, Salazar added her to the team. More often than not, her dark and almost demonic aesthetics and demeanor held an allurement that even Salazar was unable to resist. Perhaps this bred resentment and jealously amongst the other Vixens, but Salazar was not shy or private about keeping her close to him at all times. Referring to her as his pet, he even organized an entire mission just to obtain an enchanted Vantablack collar for her to wear. The enchantment made it double as a tracking spell that Jade can enact with Zera's assistance.
Salazar sat back as the Harem frolicked amongst the treasure. He would allow them their fun before issuing any orders or providing insight as far as what their next journey would be. As usual, Alice and Anastasia were fighting over which treasures were the best and brightest while Zera attempted to subdue them while attempting to study the magical properties of some of the artifacts. Jade found her way seated beside Salazar's new throne, not joining the others until he did.
submitted by iKarnezar
to RpPartnerFinder [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:09 Bagel-Milk Stressing out
I test August 19th and I’m scheduled to finish content review by June 25th. The practice resources I have are uworld and the full aamc practice bundle. I don’t think it’s feasible for me to get through all of it in that short amount of time bc this is the breakdown:
6 Fl test ~6.5 test worth of AAMC Mateial ~13.5 test worth of Uworld
That totals to about 26 tests. I don’t think it’s possible to get through all of that in about a month and a half especially cause I’m going on vacation for a week during that time.
Is it common for ppl to get through all of uworld and all the aamc material?
Idk I’m freaking out rn
submitted by Bagel-Milk
to Mcat [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:07 Radiant-Office86 Suspected low-t but multiple GPs reject this notion
Been tested twice for testosteron, both at roughly 12 nmol/L. Multiple GPs (2) have said I fall within the normal range in spite of me stressing the obvious negative effects it has on me (depressive symptoms, low energy, poor focus and memory, minor erection problems, back pains, practically no body hair except on the legs and pubes, high bf for someone who runs marathons and lifts regularly with dialled in and clean diet, sleep issues, anxiety). I am a 27 year old btw.
GP never tested for LH and FSH, just test and shbg and a bunch of thyroid, white bloodcells and liver stuff, which all came in normal. They keep claiming endos won’t treat these levels and they are within the normal range.
They only offered to see a psychologist and/or a special in-house therapist for sex related issues.
I’m considering going to a specialist without referral, but this is extremely costly (up to 600 eu for a consultation).
So I’m wondering, should I follow up on this with either going to a sleep apnea clinic or endo and get them to diagnose me or get a different GP? Maybe my levels are not too low? What do you think? Thanks
submitted by Radiant-Office86
to trt [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:03 fslashd Help Me Prepare For Important Vet Visit
I have a 5 year old BCxBlue Heeler mix who is in need of serious help. I am an experienced dog owner, including several "high strung", "high energy" dogs that I've been able to train into well adjusted companions.
This BC girl is, by far, my biggest challenge. I got her when she was 10 weeks old from a rescue, so I know her past very well.
I believe that she has some serious mental illness, mixed with legitimate trauma. When we moved to our current neighborhood while she was a puppy, we endured a number of attacks from neighborhood dogs.
In the last 12 months, her anxiety has grown dramatically worse without any observable cause. I can't safely take her on walks anymore because her triggers are so numerous, she's dangerous.
Basic Issue: Overwhelming anxiety. Screaming, like turn heads of everyone within a 1/4 mile cause that guy must be beating that poor dog, screaming. With overwhelming aggressive response to triggers
Triggers: TV, People outside the house, bicycles, trucks, semis, motorcycles, other dogs, any of these things when seen from inside the house, outside the house, in public spaces, or on car rides
Environment: We live in a home on Main St USA - lots of foot and auto traffic, lots of stimuli. Me, my wife, and two other (well behaved) dogs
What we've done so far: Basic training, agility training, behavioralist (vet recommended CPDT-KA), fluoxetine (zero effect), $5000 in privacy fencing in back yard.
Other challenges: she's always been very difficult to train because she doesn't attach food to reward in right order. She's so food motivated, the lesson zips past her.
My ask: She has a vet appointment next week. I'd like them to dig deeper for causes - can anyone recommend probing questions, tests, etc to root this out? I may be turning towards heavier psych drugs as a last resort to "dial it down" and retrain, and see if it "sticks" as the drugs are eased off.
Sidenote: please save exercise speeches. This past weekend we did 11.5 miles, with 3000 fee of elevation gain, and she screamed at every hiker we crossed from mile 1 to mile 11.
submitted by fslashd
to Dogtraining [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:03 Positive_Pizza_2388 Driving a motorcycle on Fort Bragg
So I have my motorcycle learners permit, a drivers license, and a CDL (don’t know if they’re relevant just mentioning them incase they are). And I have my motorcycle license test scheduled for 29 June in Fayetteville, but my MSF class isn’t until August. Will I be able to drive my motorcycle off post to get my license, and re enter post even though I don’t have the MSF card yet?
submitted by Positive_Pizza_2388
to army [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:00 autotldr Alabama discriminated against Black voters, US supreme court rules
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 73%. (I'm a bot)
Alabama discriminated against Black voters when it drew its seven congressional districts last year, the supreme court has ruled, a decision that is a major victory for the Voting Rights Act. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: Alabama#1 voters#2 court#3 case#4 race#5
Writing for the majority of the court, Roberts noted the court was rejecting Alabama's effort to get it to rewrite its longstanding interpretation of Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act, which outlaws voting practices that discriminate on the basis of race.
Black voters currently comprise a majority of the voting age population in just one district, despite making up a quarter of the state's population.
"This court has long recognized - and as all members of this court today agree - the text of §2 establishes an effects test, not an intent test," Kavanaugh wrote in a concurring opinion.
The supreme court intervened in February 2022 an emergency request and allowed Alabama's maps to go into effect for the 2022 elections.
Alabama had argued that the lower court had wrongly decided the case by taking race too much into account.
Post found in /politics, /AutoNewspaper and /GUARDIANauto.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]