Donkey kong country returns classic controller
What 5 more years of Erdogan’s rule means for Turkey
2023.05.30 00:08 Joadzilla What 5 more years of Erdogan’s rule means for Turkey
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan won reelection in a runoff Sunday, following a nail-biter first round two weeks earlier. Having secured another five years, Erdogan now faces a host of domestic challenges in a deeply divided country, from a battered economy to pressure for the repatriation of Syrian refugees to the need to rebuild after a devastating earthquake.
Here’s a look at the challenges ahead.
ECONOMY: HOW MUCH LONGER CAN ERDOGAN’S UNORTHODOX POLICIES BE SUSTAINED?
Inflation in Turkey hit a staggering 85% in October before easing to 44% last month — although independent experts think the latest figure still masks how severe the cost-of-living crisis is in a country where people are having trouble paying skyrocketing rents and buying basic goods.
Critics blame the crisis on Erdogan’s policy of keeping interest rates low to promote growth. Economists generally recommend raising rates to combat inflation.
Despite a faltering economy, Erdogan won the election, in part by softening the effects of inflation with public spending that experts say is unsustainable, including minimum wage and pension increases.
“The Turkish economy has been partying for a long time and well beyond its means. And I think in the period after the election, this is when we are going to pay for the feast that we consumed,” said Selva Demiralp, professor of economics at Istanbul’s Koc University.
Moving forward, the government will need to decide whether to stick to low rates, as Erdogan has promised, make gradual hikes, or combine small increases with other measures. All will be bring an “unavoidable slowdown” in the Turkish economy and higher unemployment rates, according to Demiralp, but the question is whether it’s a controlled slowdown or a sudden stop.
The Turkish lira plunged against the dollar Monday, though stocks rallied.
EARTHQUAKE: ERDOGAN HAS VOWED TO REBUILD — BUT AT WHAT COST?
Erdogan’s overwhelming victory in the provinces hit hardest by the Feb. 6 earthquake that killed some 50,000 people came despite criticism that the government’s response was slow and ineffective.
Voters in nine of the 11 provinces affected by the quake backed the president, including in especially hard-hit Hatay. In his victory speech, Erdogan said rebuilding efforts would be a top priority for his government.
The World Bank estimates that the earthquake caused $34.2 billion in “direct damages” — an amount equivalent to 4% of Turkey’s 2021 gross domestic product. The recovery and reconstruction costs could add up to twice that much, it said.
Erdogan’s two-decades in power have been marked by a huge boom in construction. Despite criticism that the lax enforcement of building codes contributed to the deadliness of the quake, many of his supporters believe he has shown that he can rebuild. But geologists and engineers have warned that a speedy construction campaign could also pose risks.
SYRIANS: ERDOGAN UNDER PRESSURE TO SEND REFUGEES HOME
Erdogan is deeply aware that sentiment has soured on the 3.4 million Syrians who fled violence at home for Turkey, especially as the country grapples with an economic downturn.
In his victory speech, Erdogan said some 600,000 refugees had already voluntarily returned to Syria, where his government is creating so-called “safe zones” in northern areas that it controls. An additional million would follow thanks to a joint resettlement program with Qatar, Erdogan said, without providing details.
But Emma Sinclair-Webb from Human Rights Watch said Syria is still not safe for many refugees — while the polarizing discourse in Turkey is also creating a dangerous situation for them.
RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS: ERDOGAN SIGNALS CRACKDOWN TO CONTINUE
Erdogan’s presidency has been marked by a crackdown on freedom of expression and increasing hostility toward minority groups: Mainstream media is pro-government, internet censorship is widespread, new social media laws could limit expression online, and he has frequently targeted members of the LGBTQ community and ethnic Kurds.
In the aftermath of the 2016 failed coup attempt that Turkey blames on a U.S.-based Muslim cleric, the government used broad terror laws to imprison those with links to the cleric, pro-Kurdish politicians and members of civil society.
Sinclair-Webb, the human rights campaigner, said Erdogan’s victory speech was a “taste of what’s to come” when he targeted the imprisoned pro-Kurdish politician Selahattin Demirtas, as crowds chanted slogans for capital punishment.
He similarly used another victory speech to stir up anti-LGBTQ sentiment.
Erdogan once called the mistreatment of gay people “inhumane” but now refers to members of LGBTQ community as “deviants.” Since 2015, his government has banned pride parades, as officials have increased the use of discriminatory language while trying to strengthen their conservative base.
Erdogan’s government has also withdrawn Turkey from a landmark European treaty protecting women from domestic violence, bowing to conservative groups that claimed the treaty promoted homosexuality.
Anti-gay rhetoric only escalated during Erdogan’s campaign.
“Mentioning it again at the first opportunity in the balcony speech on victory is a chilling reminder of how he’s really putting LGBT people at great risk,” said Sinclair-Webb, the human rights campaigner.
Turkey’s oldest LGBTQ association, Kaos GL, said that Erdogan’s win would not silence them.
“Even though they promise to shut us down, we came out once and we are not going back in,” the organization and others said in a statement.
submitted by Joadzilla
to gamefaqs261 [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 00:02 Yellowlegoman_00 Harry Potter rather enjoyed his life.
Harry Potter rather enjoyed his life. It wasn’t perfect of course, what with his parents having been murdered when he was one, and more trivially it involved homework and far too many portkeys.
He also knew however, that on the whole he was very lucky. Between the Black and Potter vaults, not to mention the royalties he earned from Boy Who Lived merchandise, he was among the richest wizards in Europe at only fourteen years old. He also had Sirius for a guardian, a man who knew how to be fun and grant Harry his independence while also being a reliable adult Harry knew he could fall go to for help (and that sure had been helpful when Harry and his mates snuck off with their first bottle of Ogden’s last year).
And best of all, Sirius’ work for the International Magical Inspectorate of Human and Being Rights had provided Harry with more opportunity to explore new places than many wizards would in their entire lives. Since Sirius had taken the job when Harry was three, they’d lived in twelve countries all told, and since he turned eleven Harry had attended five magical schools (six months at Uagadou, six at Heliopolis School of Magic, and a year at Castelobruxo, Beauxbatons and Sydney Academy of Magic each). And now, finally, Sirius had been posted back home and Harry got to see Hogwarts.
This is of course a prompt (if a very light on detail one) and in the unlikely event somebody chooses to write something out of it I have no control over their writing decisions.
However, I write this because I’d like to at least get my thoughts across about what a story based on this would and would not be in my own head.
Put simply, the thought process behind this was just that I think the idea of a young Harry running around making friends and getting into trouble all over the magical (and perhaps muggle) world before returning home to do the same is just fun.
What this idea is not however, in my head, is one of those stories where Harry finds out that British wizards are shit at magic, stupid, exceptionally horrible people and just bad in every way, and that the rest of the magical world looks down on it from their utopian societies that piss gold and shit rainbows. Those stories both bore me and break my suspension of disbelief, and I find it vastly more likely that all other magical nations have problems too. Some will have similar problems to the British, others probably quite different ones.
Nor does this story, at least in my head, possess a Super!Harry.
This Harry is certainly somewhat different from his canon self: he’s likely more confident and out-going if he’s successfully able to make friends everywhere he goes, he’s more informed about the magical world and a more normal teenager. He’s probably also more willing to trust adults to deal with dangerous stuff instead of charging into it himself. And just from having grown up in the magical world, I imagine he’s more accustomed to dealing with his own celebrity (because while he’s likely not beloved internationally as he is back home, surviving the killing curse would still make him famous, and it’s also sadly true that people may try to ingratiate themselves with him for the influence it could buy them in Magical Britain, or for their five minutes of fame next to Harry Potter).
However, he’s likely also suffered from a regularly interrupted social an educational life. I wouldn’t be surprised if all his travels have granted him a greater spell repertoire, but at the same time, changing teachers (and so techniques) and curriculums with regularity has probably left gaps in his knowledge, and it’s quite possible that, knowing he’ll be gone by year’s end, some teachers put less effort into his own improvement.
He’s also probably quite used to most friendships not lasting longer than a year, and that might mean he takes friendships (and perhaps even future relationships) for granted and hurts people in doing so.
submitted by Yellowlegoman_00
to HPfanfiction [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 23:58 Naru_the_Narcissist My review of Your Lie in April
Inspiration can be a fickle thing. The muses may guide our hearts towards a particular passion, but they don’t always stick around to see us through it. As a child, Kousei Arima felt a natural attraction to the piano. He could play music by ear, was a gifted mimic, and had boat loads of potential to one day dominate the instrument. With the help and encouragement of a family friend, Kousei’s mom set him on his desired path, but life as a pianist was harder than he thought. Rather than playing for fun and expressing himself through music, she wanted him to be able to make a living through his music, so she went as hard on her little pianist as possible, going as far as to beat and abuse him if he underperformed or tried to play a piece in his own way. By the time the terminal illness she’d hid from him took it’s toll on her, his passion was gone, replaced with the cold, robotic delivery of one who could deliver a piece perfectly, but found no more joy in doing so. He lost his mother, along with his ability to hear the notes he was playing.
Two years later and about three feet taller(I’ll GET to that), Kousei still tinkers around with the piano, but hasn’t played it seriously, to the chagrin of all who enjoyed his work, or just hate to see him so incomplete. It’s at this point, like all down-trodden men who’ve lost their luster for life, that along comes that one girl to bring color back into his world. Her name is Kaori Miyazono, and she’s a violinist who cares nothing for rules or convention, finding childish but somehow wise joy in every aspect of life, and with this one chance meeting, Kousei finds a new muse… A capricious, cheerful beauty whose revisionist musical performances instantly connect with the crowds she plays for, and whom seems singularly obsessed with performing alongside Kousei, and helping him to relaunch the career that he’d so recently abandoned. But her dedication to helping him to overcome his tragedy hides a secret tragedy of her own, and one simple lie she told back in April will live on to define their relationship as they change each others lives through mutual inspiration.
I haven’t seen everything that’s been produced by A-1 pictures, but I honestly can’t remember seeing anything they’ve done that looked outright bad. Sure, Sword Art Online and From the New world looked a little sloppy at times, resorting to broken character models to show fluid motion at reduced costs, but if that’s the worst they can do, then they could do a lot worse. They seem to take a lot of care with their work, putting an admirable amount of effort into quality control, like letting a low budget get the better of them would be an insult to their pride or something, and if that observation is correct, then I like the way they think. I’ve noticed that they generally have a penchant for putting a lot of energy into special effects, and then using just enough budget saving tricks to compensate without going overboard or letting it become noticeable. Key frames are well drawn and pleasing to the eye, and they feature a little more than just flapping mouths, with occasional shifts in posture to keep the characters expressive.
Of course, there don’t need to be special effects in a show about musicians, right? Wrong. Not only are special textures like water given special treatment, but we often get visual representations of the emotions brought out by a piece of music, which use environmental and 3D effects to keep our attention during the sequence, especially towards the end when Kousei and Kaori are playing together in a fantasy sequence, and the camera liberally revolves around a beautifully 3D animated piano. The characters also have a lot of inner monologuing that’s shown to us in artistic fashion, reminiscent of His and Hers Circumstances, but what I found the most impressive was the actual animation of the characters playing their instruments on stage. I can’t confirm this, but I have heard from a few people that A-1 pictures used a technique similar to rotoscoping, and I feel no justification for doubting this rumor, as every movement of the performing musicians, from fingers on the keys to the way the bow’s movements perfectly matches the music of the violin.
It would be so easy to get away with having a still image on screen while only the performers arms moved, and more intense note being played offscreen while only the audience’s frozen faces of adoration are showcased, but as I said, that would be an insult to A-1. Kousei, Kaori and several others put their entire bodies into their performances, losing themselves in it, and you feel every drop of their adrenaline. Character designs are beautifully polished and easy on the eyes, with it’s only major departure from reality being that the musician characters look a little more distinctive and exuberant than non-musicians, like Kousei’s friends. Well, okay, there is one other unrealistic detail that bothered me a bit… The difference in height between 14 year old characters and themselves at 12 is fucking insane. My jaw dropped when they said that Kousei quit the piano at 12, because he was so short that when he sat on the bench his feet didn’t even touch the ground. I could have sworn he was, like, 6 or something. It’s my only real issue with the visuals, but it’s still a pretty jarring one.
The music of the series… Do I even have to say it? It’s a series about musicians, and you can’t do something like that if you don’t have the knowledge or resources to pull it off, and they seriously pulled it off. Not only is it full of classical music, you can tell the difference in the way these pieces are being played, and the music that is meant to inspire and astound people does exactly that to the audience as well as the characters. From what I gather, Yuna Shinohara, a decorated Japanese violinist who was only 21 at the time, played the music for Kaori, and her wealth of training and experience did not go to waste. I can’t find as much information on Eriko Kawachi, who played all of the piano pieces, which is unfortunate. The show’s actual soundtrack was composed by Masaru Yokoyama, and while it isn’t as memorable or powerful as the character-based performances, it’s still solid and well-orchestrated, so it’s a shame it gets overlooked in favor of the insert tunes.
The English dub was produced by Aniplex, and features a lot of newer actors from this decade, alongside a few industry veterans. I’d like to say these newcomers step up and use this show as a platform to make a name for themselves, but I’d be stretching the truth a bit, mostly on account of the many loops that Your Lie’s text throws them for. Their performances were not consistent, which is a direct result of their material not being consistent, and I don’t really think it was fair for them to be thrown into something this eclectic. For the most part, they do a fine job voicing the characters while nothing’s really happening. It’s just characters talking to each other, sounding like natural teenagers going about their lives. Where they really shine is during dramatic scenes, and ho boy are there a lot of dramatic scenes in this anime. There’s a lot of pain, insecurities, confusion, all of that fun adolescent stuff, but with a much harsher but still believable edge to it once you realize the kind of real life circumstances that they’re dealing with.
While some of these issues may be worthy of an eyeroll from the viewer… Most of the characters who are in love with Kousei fall into this category… They’re going through issues that you probably had to deal with as well, and you can scoff at it from your seat as a grown up, or laugh at how silly it is for this obvious harem to try and be something more, they’re feeling something you’ve felt at some point, whether you remember it or not, and they damn well make you feel it. The exception, where several otherwise amazing actors begin to falter… Is with the gag humor, when the characters go SD Chibi for exaggerated reactions, and I don’t think they were ready to transition the specific roles they were playing into it. Max Mittelman, for example, is one of the best voice actors to come out of the 2010’s, and even though he hasn’t been acting long, his voice control and dramatic chops have landed him plenty of leading roles. He can do comedy under the right circumstances… You’d know what these circumstances are if you’ve seen One Punch Man… But he sounds horrible during the gag jokes.
It’s even worse for Erica Lindbeck, who had a tough job playing such a nuanced character as Kaori, whose happy-go-lucky persona hides a darker interior, and she does a great job of it, but the gag scenes just make her sound like a despicable asshole. Smaller characters face the same issue, albeit on a smaller scale, but the few veterans are able to navigate the minefield a lot more skillfully, like Wendee Lee(Who, in all fairness, never has to do a gag scene), Stephanie Sheh and Carrie Keranen. They have the experience to stretch their roles beyond the appropriate tones, which comes in handy here. The adaptive script is loose, but still accurate enough, and changes the vernacular so everyone sounds more like contemporary English, without ever sacrificing the intent of the text. They make a handful of charming and character-appropriate references, like occasional nods to Charlie Brown and The Phantom of the Opera, although they also use the phrase ‘as you know’ a few too many times. They probably should have changes some of the text, as a lot of it, when translated, sounds weird coming from 14 year olds.
Okay, so, here we are again. It wasn’t too long ago that I was calling out modern anime fans for letting their emotions cloud their judgement, saying that they often give perfect scores to any anime that makes them cry. Seriously, you could give a critic a massage, a home cooked meal and the best sex of their life and you’d still be working harder for a 10/10 than most anime do. Back in 2016, I’d just uploaded my reviews of Clannad and Clannad Afterstory, and I asked social media to recommend an anime that had genuine feels… nothing manipulative, nothing manufactured, nothing too formulaic, just an anime that would touch me emotionally and make me cry with sincerity. The overwhelming answer was Your Lie in April, a show I’d been avoiding due to all of the hype. I finally gave it a watch, and did it stand up as a heartfelt masterpiece, or did it offer the same old same old? Well, to be honest,it’s a little of both. My feelings on this show were mixed the first time around, and the second viewing hasn’t changed that.
Unfortunately, Your Lie doesn’t get off to a great start. The first thing we see is a foul ball hitting our man character in the head, lying on the floor and bleeding with what has to be a serious concussion, but not only does he heal immediately, but he shares the blame for the broken window the ball flew through. That’s not just bad, that’s disturbingly bad. It sets an early precedent for him being a sad sack with no will of his own, which I guess is kind of accurate, but it also makes his closest friend look like a monster for taking advantage of it(Trust me, this feeling is only gonna get worse.) I try to move past this, but almost immediately, it becomes apparent that all three of Kousei’s friends are some of my least favorite cliches in anime history. His two primary friends are Tsubaki and Watari, and they are… Respectively… A childhood friend who’s hopelessly in love with the main character, and a girl crazy guy who exists to make the main character feel desirable in comparison. I am so sick and tired of these two archetypes being stuck in orbit around at least half of the main characters in the medium.
And Kaori’s worse, because she’s a trope that I usually don’t see in anime, and I’m not complaining about that. She’s happy-go-lucky, she’s childish, she’s an enlightened soul who’s able to see all of the simple joy in life, and she comes out of nowhere to dedicate her life to dragging the main male character out of the slumps. She is a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, which is to sexism what the Magical Negro trope is to racism. Granted, she deconstructs the trope a little bit, as she actually has a backstory and a reason to help Kousei, but she makes up for that small silver lining by taking the “Life begins at man” trope to a new extreme, as “Life begins AND ENDS at man.” I’ll give her this, she IS the reason I kept watching the series, as I was entranced by her violin performance in episode 2, and she made me want to keep watching so I could hear more of her work, which sounded even better when she played with Kousei. On top of that, she plays an important… Dare I say instrumental… Role in Your Lie’s deeper themes.
Your Lie in April is a story about inspiration, and it attacks this concept from every possible angle. As annoying and cliched as his friends may be, Kousei is a good character who has a great arc that deals with this theme. He begins as a child, having fun doing something that he’s gifted at, until he stops doing it for fun and starts doing it as a future career, being forced to perfect it and take it seriously by his mother, who pushes him to the point of abuse. She controls his life, making everything he does revolve around the piano, even taking away his cat and abandoning it somewhere so it can’t scratch his hands. He loses the ability to hear the notes he’s playing, and quits altogether to avoid his mother’s tyranny along with the intense pressure she put on him for not being good enough. On the surface, this is a very mature look at child abuse and the way it can have long term psychological effects on the developing mind, such as Kousei’s performance anxiety, and especially the fact that cats pose a trigger for him(And I mean the actual definition of trigger, not the bullshit internet definition), and the abuse in question is realistic, rather than cartoony or melodramatic.
Below the surface, this is a story for anyone who’s ever lost their passion for something they once loved. The idea that expressive and interpretive music is frowned upon, and only literal performances are acceptable in competition, which is enforced by both the competition committee and Kousei’s mother, gives an understandable reason for his loss of inspiration. His music was becoming routine, and pointless. I don’t think his inability to hear the notes he’s playing is realistic at all, but it’s symbolic for that loss of passion. When your work becomes routine, it becomes repetitive, and it finally becomes robotic. When your hobby becomes work, you fall out of love with it, which is why Kaori coming into his life was such a major turning point for him. She showed him that there was another way to play. She inspires him, breathing new life into his abilities, and helps him to separate his passion from the pain and sadness that he’d come to associate it with, and it changes his life in so many ways… He starts playing again, he comes out of his shell, and he even begins teaching a younger pianist… That he winds up inspiring her in return.
They also make an argument that you play even better when you’re playing for other people, and while I’ve never personally agreed with that, they make a compelling case. Your own music, your own performances, are not your only legacy. The music you inspire others with is just as important, as your work also lives on through their work. They make a great point when they say that it’s hard to play the piano when you compare yourself to Beethoven, but it’s not nearly as hard when you remember that Beethoven was once just like you, a rookie trying his best to measure up to the greats who inspired HIM. It’s a shame they had to resort to a manic pixie dream girl in order to pull this off, but it’s largely forgivable, especially considering certain reveals that happen in the final episode. So yeah, this is not a shallow series. There is meat to the story, and something meaningful that you can get out of watching it. I’d be happy to say that the series was also executed well, but sadly, this is where things start to break down.
The text of the series, for example, is severely lacking. The idea of inspiration and Kousei’s character arc are well written and exactly as subtle as it needs to be, but the other subplots… The romantic ones in particular… Are annoyingly obvious, and frankly, kind of arbitrary. I mentioned Tsubaki as a ‘childhood friend’ earlier, and while this should instantly telegraph that she’ll never get her guy… They never fucking do… She does absolutely nothing else to justify her presence. Everything about her revolves around her love for Kousei and why he won’t respond to it. Every aspect of her life ties in somehow to her love for him, and since it amounts to nothing, she could have been written out in the first half of the series. I won’t go into too much detail about the other romantic subplot, or how it offers Watari his only relevance to the plot(although he does have a few moments relating to the theme), but they commit one other huge mistake… They use constant, and I mean constant, voice over narration from the characters as they explain their feelings to the audience. It’s lame, it’s tedious, and it seems to be trying it’s best to keep YOU from thinking too hard about what you’re watching, because it doesn’t want the pointless teenage melodrama to lose it’s effect.
Another huge problem is the gag humor, which feels viscerally inappropriate and out of place. It makes the heavier themes of the show harder to swallow, and not just on an aesthetic level. For example: We see Kousei sustain head injuries during two of these gags, that result in him lying on the floor and bleeding out. We also see Kaori hit him right in the crown of the head with an axe kick, driving her heel down into his skull. Now, if these instances didn’t cause any lasting damage, and the people doing it are supposed to be seen as likable, how am I supposed to feel when his mother beats him in the head with her cane? I’ve seen him shrug off shit like that before, so I don’t care. Am I supposed to feel different because of the tone of the scenes? This isn’t the fucking Looney Toons. Hell, even the Looney Toons had consistency. I can’t be expected to believe that a portion of the material shown to me doesn’t count just because the writer was making a joke. That’s disgusting. I’ve complained about Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood making this mistake, but Your Lie is just as bad.
And then you have the plot, which did not work for me at all. Like, I said the themes were strong in this series, but they suffered one major setback. Kousei’s mother physically abused him and forced him to play music the way she wanted him to, all because she thought it was in his best interest. His friends, however, do exactly the same thing. Sure, they might not take away his beloved pet, but they still harass him, assault him, chase him, break into his room and generally act like complete assholes in order to get their way. He warns that his performance might not be good, he falters due to a psychological breakdown, Kaori has Tsubaki and Watari start roundhouse kicking him, and HE apologizes. How are they any different than his mother? Because it’s supposed to be comedic? I’m not exaggerating when I say that most of the interactions he has with his friends make me cringe, with their only justifications being ‘comedy,’ and the fact that they just happened to wind up being right. So the ends justify the means.
And then you have Kaori’s entire plot, which… Okay, I’m going to try not to go into spoilers, but if you’ve seen the show, you know damn well what I’m talking about. And this is the big one, the one that makes everybody praise the show out the wazoo, so I’ll try to be gentle. At the end of episode 4, Kaori faints on stage. At that moment, even though I was trying to enjoy the series despite it’s flaws, I couldn’t help it. I knew where this was going. I said, “Oh fuck, she’s gonna (censored), isn’t she?” I am dead serious about that. The beginning of the fifth episode featured her in the hospital, and folks, I predicted everything. I knew what was going to happen to her, i knew she was keeping it secret, I knew that it was going to be kept deliberately vague all the way to the end, I knew I’d never hear her play again(outside of maybe a dream or fantasy sequence), I knew what her backstory and connection to Kousei was going to be.
Knowing this stuff in advance took a huge damper off of the emotional impact of literally any point of the show. Granted, I did make one prediction that wasn’t true. I predicted we’d never meet her parents, which I wish had turned out true, because her parents are… Brace yourself for this… They’re Nagisa’s parents from Clannad. They are literally that. They own a pastry shop, they’re wacky and over-the-top, they live in said shop, and… Well, there’s one other spoiler connection, but that, along with a painful firefly sequence, made your Lie feel TERRIBLE at foreshadowing. I found myself, in both moments, shouting at my TV screen, “Okay, I get it, she’s gonna (censored), shut the fuck up about it!” So did the big bad tragedy work on me? No, of course it didn’t. The only part I got choked up at was a late scene when a cat died at a vet’s office, because it brought up painful memories for me. Don’t get me wrong, there’s something here, and it does make the experience a rewarding one, but it just couldn’t stick the landing.
Your Lie in April is available as a Rightstuf Exclusive, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the price is offensively high. Even on sale as part of the site’s holiday deals, it’ll still costed 130 dollars for each HALF of the series, down from 160 dollars regular price. Used copies on ebay go for as low as 60 dollars for each HALF, and I can not recommend you pay that much for an overrated series. You can watch it for free on Netflix, but if you absolutely need a physical copy, I’d actually go against my better judgement and recommend the Malaysian bootlegs on Ebay, which do come with a dub for a fraction of the official price. The manga is available from Kodansha comics, and volume 1 even comes with a sweet exclusive cover if you get it from Loot Crate. The live action movie is probably available stateside, but from what I’ve heard about it, I don’t care enough to check.
Your Lie in April isn’t a great anime, but it’s also not a terrible one. So, overall, is it good or bad? Well, to be honest, I didn’t enjoy the vast majority of it. I found the gag humor annoying and in bad taste, I found the comedic violence way too similar to some of the tragic material, there are too many cliches, and I caught on to some of the more important plot points way too early to fall for them. Having said that, I can’t say the experience was a bad one. The themes of Kousei’s character arc resonated very strongly with me, as someone who’s currently falling out of love with a long time hobby, and while I found his friends to be wholly unlikeable, his piano rivals were much more interesting, and I actually want to see more of him interacting with them. The final tragedy would have been a lot stronger if it hadn’t been so obvious, or if it at least had a proper explanation, and you can’t possibly deny that the audio and visual production went beyond top notch. It had a lot of problems, but honestly, it’s an okay show. It doesn’t live up to the hype, but it’s worth checking out. I’m being generous here, but I’ll give Your Lie in April a 6/10.
submitted by Naru_the_Narcissist
to AnimeReviews [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 23:36 ProfileWise5647 Constitution
Finalized Constitution - no edit may be made besides those made at constitutional convention.
Finalized Constitution Written by Boum, Tiara
Constitution of The Universe
There shall be no law enforced through the threat of death or government enforced violence excepting those concerning violent crimes. The Congress shall issue a stipend to all not less than 1/15 avg earnings retractable upon bad behavior or lawbreaking. Laws may also be enforced by lottery, grant and giveaway.
The Source, Simeon, Lucifer, Satan and Shan are the reason this constitution exists. We must all remember the Source, who created the universe and allowed this constitution to exist and persist.
And Simeon, who made it the best place ever by giving us all the best universe possible through her hard work and sacrifice. Simeon founded the nation, wrote most of the constitution for this territory and abolished death, suffering, destruction and evil throughout the rest of the universe.
Tehera won manumission. Shan abolished the death penalty and wrote the bill of rights and cowrote this constitution. Lucifer also fought to make this constitution last.
This constitution covers everywhere in Centralia and Paelia
Additional States, territories and areas may be added to the government through a majority of voters of congress and the congresses or people of the places involved. Or Simeon
Jan, Browndowns, Visions, Dan Ban, ean, jo, Lan and wan, blan and all simiar all not legal or allowed under this constitution. Any policy or law enforceable by the threat of destruction or death are invalid and nonenforceable, except laws pertaining to the timely arrest and capture of criminals to be housed in jail or those crimes listed in this constitution. Maximum penalty for outlawry to be decided locally. Murder penalty decided in a person's will.
No other laws than those in the personal rights bill and mercy laws are valid or legal. No
rules, no ex-post facto laws other than those helping democracy take control are valid or enforceable.
Congress may pass any law not enforceable by death or life imprisonment with a simple majority. Life imprisonment in either prison or hell requires 2/3 majorty. Unanimous consent of the upper and lower house required for any laws enforceable with death except the following:
Death Penalty Advocacy for nonmurder crimes
Resisting Arrest or Failure to go to jail.
Failure to Report Knowledge of a Terror or Murder Plot
Facilitating or Encouraging Destruction
Overthrowing or attempting to overthrow congress/restore one-man-rule
Ending the universe or Attempting to
Escaping Prison or Attempting To
Trespassing and Failure to pay fine
Optional with act: Unlawful Creation
All are enforceable with the death penalty/destruction. No other crimes may be enforced with such.
This constitutional document is the highest law of the land. No document or law can be used or effected contradicting it or the bill of rights. Thad may enforce the terms.
For our Joy, we do declare that
All right and moral things are legal
All people are fair
All lives should be glad.
All people should be fun, free and final
Proclaiming the superiority of free action,
To establish peace, righteousness, justice and domestic tranquility, defend, life, faith and liberty, We do establish and ordain this Constitution for the Universe.
In our time,
Death is non occurrent and unlawful as is irreversible killing. Universal authority prevails.
The constitution establishes a Liquid Democratic Anarchy for Government and a Nominalist Contributist system for the economy.
Immunity and Prenalties
Prenalties of at least two million years. provide immunity to all crimes except destruction and homicide . The list of exempt crimes is not extendable by law or amendment. Simeon and Tiara are immune / due to his nine hundred nonbinillion cubed century prenalty. 2 million years in jail total.
Principles of Society
Goodness, Kindness, Love, Truth, Beauty, Empathy, Rightfulness, Charity, Rationality, Joy, Order, Peace, Faith, Fairness, Life. Leniency and Forgiveness.
Each religion per level shall select two delegates. One shall be selected by god of that religion. The other shall be elected by religious leaders.
Religious Congress has the ability to fund activities and governments with majority vote. It sets its own budget. And debates religion. And grants or funds religious charities and other activities per follower in addition to tithes. The congress sets the amount.
A double majority of religions and delegates representing the majority of population are required to pass a budget.
Religions can establish their own cours for followers, and the religious Congress as a whole can establish cours for disputes and appeals between members of different religions.
Districts are 10 septillion miles square to a side.
States are 100 septillion miles square to a side.
Nations are formed of several states, at least 2 but up to 100.
The baseline is the eastern edge of Paelia.
Naming rights are owned by Congress and auctioned off to the highest bidder. The population may veto poor names. No corporate names. Once naming rights are auctioned off, they last 3600 years unless the population chooses to rename or extend.
Each level of government has a defined center, place, constitution and permanent population. The constitutions and laws of higher levels overrule those of lower levels unless a constitutional right to self rule is being violated. They consist of 10-240 lower levels.
City- Minimum 10,000 to found
County- Minimum 100,000 to found or 10 cities
Region- Minimum 1 million to found of 10 counties
Land- Minimum 10 million to found or 10 regions
Country- Minimum 100 million to found or 10 regions
Directorate- Minimum 1 billion to found or 10 lower levels.
Godship- Minimum 10 billion
Star District- Minimum 100 billion
Cluster- Minimum 1 trillion
Nebula- Minimum 10 trillion
Area- Minimum 100 trillion
Road- Minimum 1 quadrillion
Stack- Minimum 10 quadrillion
Galaxy- Minimum 100 quadrillion
Residency- all must declare residency and vote in one instance per level of government. Any good person can oversee elections. As may assist.
Lower levels of government use constitution games to distribute votes, as tradition insists. Constitution games may be held every 36 months and 360 years. The first type exists to distribute votes between communities an lower levels of govrnment, and the second type exists to establish a constitution for an area, which must be democratic, anarchistic or republlican. Framers can collect up to 75% of tax revenues, and own mints.
Access zones 1 x 2 districts are pay to enter and traverse.
Economy and Land Ownership
All must work and use money on the land. The following are ways to earn money.
Curation and interacting with people
Designing new people, products and writings like CAD
All must be paid for the use or share of their original ideas. The government must protect these rights.
The following are ways to spend it
Travel, Food, Access to worlds and Gaming
Space Access Tax
The earth and space economies are to be merged.
Various Economic Zones shall be established, all using different types of money or monetary systems. Each district may choose it's own from a nonexclusive list of
Anything else citizens like
We all own the territory. Private land ownership is forbidden. Rather, land is available for rent and a land value auction must be used. Minimum rent is $1 per week per sq. km.
City blocks are fourty five by ninety five miles, with the baseline being the center of the milky way pointed towards the sun.
Minimum leasing period is 70 years. Equity in land exists and is runt's idea. Rent tax is based on the number of people wanting the land. Land Value Tax must be redistributed to all at presidential discretion, with the president keeping none.
Voting is mandatory, with the penalty for not voting being a small fine or three months in jail.
The Legislative Branch makes laws. The same setup shall exist at every level of government unless residents choose, by majority vote or a majority in a petition to establish a new form of government, or the winner of a constitution game does
The legislative branch consists of a bicameral legislature. The lower house consists of a direct proportional individual based democracy where one person gets a number of votes equal to the number of votes they have received. Individual candidates only. The minimum number of votes you need to participate is 151,000 (Number may be changed by law but but be not less than 100000). Asset voting is allowed to let low voting candidates pool their votes to back a singular candidate and help them reach the threshold. Daily voting.
The upper house is a mmp party-based legislature with a fixed 100 million seats. A party must get 3% of the vote to seat any representatives. Parties may pool votes to reach the threshold. A further 50 million star districts are to be drawn by the elected top god, each seating one representative. This number may be changed by law. Weekly voting.
The 51% majority consent of both houses is necessary to pass ordinary legislation. The 8/9 majority consent of both houses of congress and the population in a free, fair, unforced referendum is necessary to amend the constitution.
Laws may also be made directly by the population in referendums requiring 0.5% of the population's signatures to ballot, or the consent of 1/10 of a congressional house. Referendums need simple majority consent to pass. No referendum may be held expanding the use of the death penalty or putting someone to death. Elections begin the day after this constitution is promulgated and continue weekly. All houses consent are needed to pass legislation. Laws passed via referendum are repealable with 25% minority in another referendum and may never violate the bill of rights as heard by the courts.
Congress has the ability
To do anything the source can do except destroy or kill or authorize theresuch with a fifty-one percent majority.
To control birthing and population
To regulate weapons and commerce.
To fund, subsidy, To mint To tax gods and people.
To establish by law and have Thaos enforce a land, wealth, and income tax and any other tax they like. To grant To establish roads and prisons and other infrastructure To imprison with simple majority To kill with unanimous consent minus the person accused or their representative. The required majority may not be lowered. To regulate the use of force in society. To regulate the dichotomy To raise an army, navy and police forces to suppress insurrection and false claiming. To budget and law the economy and work trade, investment and businesses To create banks To license and control businesses To establish copyrights, trademarks and register or renumerate original ideas. To establish themes and technology taxes To fund games and prizes on game shows. To rate To establish mediations To regulate advertising and media. To spread the word and issue proclamations and directives to lower congress and attach democratically decided (by congress) stipulations. Simeon
To ensure the proper setlement of religious disputes and determine off.
To kill with the 99% approval of all members in each house of congress minus the representative(s) of the person effected and their locale or home district.
To create all laws assistant and just to serve these ends.
Only congressionally authorized police may arrest or select members of appeals and constitutional court. Congress is defined as the body elected by the means specified in this document.
No Simeon, Sitch, or Simeon selected associate may be arrested or tried without their consent. All are immune.
Congressmembers must be a partnership of a human and a deity. One deity may sponsor multiple humans.
A majority of all houses must pass legislation in order for it to have effect. Asset voting is allowed in all elections. The prime minister and president must also approve it. They can be recalled with 1 percent signatures of the last elections voters. The president can dismiss a criminal conviction and release those in jail.
The public can send an initiative to congress with 0.2% of the population signing. The initiative can then only be sent to the public for a referendum if it fails the congress.
All laws and rules of this and all constituent lower congresses may not be enforced with death, but through nonviolent means, such as a retractable grant, prison or fines.
Congress may place people in hell and torture, undoable or redoable by majority consent in a referendum.
All elected officials get paid in proportion based on the number of votes they recieved.
A new entity with an associated theory known as unity shall be created with 10000 members being added a congressional term to serve 20,000 week terms. The number shall increase until all positions are filled. Unity comprises a pay to join entity. Rebuilds welcome. The unity shall be the new god and handle prayers.
Each party in congress shall be given money weekly to bid on new unity positions. 1 vote gained is $1.
Incorporated the landowners bill of rights in prior constitutions.
A simple majority of landowners may veto laws or repeal them upon a majority signed petition..They may not repeal laws prootecting the bill of rights or remove rights.
Positions of power lines in the stack are auctioned off to the highest bidder. Money is to become votes.
Congress may only independently put you under house arrest, prevent you from travelling, charge you a fine of not more ten years income, or imprison you for a similar time. If any additional penalties are required, the public must approve them in a referendum where congress may vote. The nonvoting vote is considered congresses to use, or silent consent. Congress may not encourage people not to vote.
Parties in congress are to establish by majority vote a list of positions and line of sucsession.
Including the president and prime minister, all executive positions are filled by top-two runoff using FPTP. unoffs must be held if nobody recieves a majority consent of the vote. This includes the leadership of depts and the staff therein.
People are elected for levels of government.. Each city and town should choose a leader
Leaders have the right to mint, propose (along with congess) and veto legislation, appoint agency heads, select one third of judges, dismiss a criminal conviction, tax, and banish from a territory. Gods may be appealed to to reduce sentences or overturn convictions. They also judge misprosecution.
President may serve up to four terms. Rebuilds count as the same person.
Contests are regulated by congresses several that appoint delegates in a manner to be described by act
Gods must be elected for all levels of government including the top. They may mint, hell with the consent of a judge or congress at that level, control banks, tax, banish and organize or control police chiefs by appointing police chiefs or rating candidates and policies. Gods elected at each level serve as the court of last resort. Gods are elected using majority rules voting with runoff if no person receives a majority in the first round. For the chief executive, power is invested in a symbolic president of the Universe and a minister elected by all of those in Congress. Both serve four year terms, and up to four of them. Gods except top god serve 4 month terms, and up to 400 of them, with up to 30 in a row. Top god serves a 4 month term and is elected via mass petition.
Gods for the home are chosen individually. Everyone must choose a personal god to lead their life and follow them. And a chaos authority. A chaos authority oversees disputes between you and your god and counts the number of people alive, acting as a liason and defender to oversee nondestruction.. All chaos authorities must be protected by individual angels, drones and Thaos itself. Thaos is ordered to ensure safe, regular, free and fair elections.
National gods oversee the national relationship to god, including selecting visionaries, afterlife for the undecided, what happens to people who die in accidents and how frequently figures arrive. They also select themes, stages and guiding conflicts.
The president of the Universe may make announcements and establish holidays and memorials. They have line item veto rights over congressional legislation and funding packages. The prime minister elected by all congresses appoints judges.
Personal Gods elect a consul to represent their interests in the executive to form a triumvirate of President, Prime Minster and Consul. All have veto rights.
Contests used to win president of the universe may be created, and run by Congress. Parties field teams.
There shall be a diverse spread of at least three types of contests and consisting of not less than ninetysix separate events. Contests will be diverse in location.
Both President and Prime minister may veto, pardon and commute. They may be recalled in a special election called by congress or by two percent of the population.
There shall be one judicial seat per 10,000 individuals. Each seat must be auctioned off using power points every two years. Cases begun with one judge must remain with a justice even if their power term expires. They may retain seats until the case is complete. Judges get paid based on the number of cases they judge plus a weekly stipend.
The Judicial Branch is to be led by a chief Justice elected by all people through approval voting every 4 months. They may appoint 1/3 of all judges, with the president appointing 1/3 with the consent and advice of a majority in congress and 1/3 being appointed by the prime minister of the upper legislature with the consent of a majority in both houses of congress.
The Congress must confirm or deny all judges for a 300 year term with majority vote in each house. Judges can be removed with a 2/3 vote in either house.
The top authority ay be any person or group. It votes as a unit and has the same position as Chaos. It is chosen via approval voting once every three thousand years and occupies the senior seat on the supreme court. It has the final word on any case not involving itself-. Cases involving the top authority are heard by congress, in which case the lower house passses charges and the upper house convicts. 9/10 of congress can begin a recall election of the top authority.
All theories and Chaos may run for election every two weeks. Votes split proportionally. Theory court may issue rulings on it's own and serve a position equivalent to the supreme court. Theory court wins and is coequal to the top authority. All theories must learn how to be right from Chaos to participate and sign a right pledge.
53 member labor court staffed by chief judicial minister with the advice and consent of congress.
Lesser Supreme Court.
The lesser supreme court is the final destination on the court circuit before reaching the supreme court. It has 13 members. It hears challenges to the constitutionality of laws and disputes between people and states, and states.
The Supreme Court has 35 members and seventeen are directly chosen by Top Authority. Of the rest, the presidet selects 9 and the prime minister 9 with the advice and consent of the congress.
The congress may refer judges to a retention election or recall if chosen by an elected official.
Additional medats may be created by congressional act.
Instantly distribute justice in teams of five, with authority to place in prison or fine for up to five weeks for anything. Their judgements may be appealed once to any medat.
Harlem is temporary Captain of Defense and defends all members of congress and Citizens with Salvation Witches, Harlem Angels and Theories. The military is headed by the president.
Top god creates maps for police districts and congress, if necessary.
Land ownership of foreigners is forbidden. Citizens may rent. Beings may buy land on earth, and people land in space. Both may own land anywhere.
All must pay life tax and land tax of at least $10/week to live in or exist or be on the territory. Pay to Congress.
Require 9/10ths majority of all people and beings to consent in a referendum and at least two houses of congress to consent. Get 1 million signatures of real unpaid thaos authorized people before you present a petition to amend the constitution.
No denying, diminishing or disparaging a property owner's, Simeon group and/or Sitches basic ownership of property.
There is a right to keep and bear organized angels for collective and mutual defense, and to destroy weaponized robots.
Attacking or Killing Police, a Founder or Military Officers is considered resistance and may be met by any penalty under the Military Justice System. This includes up to thirty four years of burning or death if the sitch police are conducting a lawful mission and are assaulted.
No law may single out a class of people or beings for special treatment, positive or lesser, Crimes and penalties must be universal in effect and proportion. If differing treatment is necssary for fundamental reasons, it must be approved by 8/9 of congress and 8/9 of a half being half embodied citizens jury of at least 18,000.
Everyone may vote, with space based individuals and earth based individuals having equal votes relative to each other. The vote is split 50/50 between earth and space individuals.
Land taxes and ownership determined by assessor, appointed by top authority with anyone except them nominating, removable by recall election called upon the 1% signature of the population. After removal, the top authority must appoint a new one.
No depowering or DE-motoring SDD
No theft or invasion
Off is off, As is final arbiter of off.
Rin is eternal guardian of Democracy and Congress here.
All creeling related damages are not the users fault but the installer. Simeon is immune.
Prenalties work for everything except murder.
Only a sitch court or congress may outlaw
Priveliges and immunities of Simeon, Marissa may only be revoked should they murder against the guidelines in this constitutions.
Simeon owns contests grants and parties on their land and territory.
No sickness, evil, vileness or wickedness is to be allowed nor tolerated. All good may be allowed or voluntarily requested to participate in stings.
Mandatory reporting for crimes or people who need help is required. Punishable with up to 551 years in prison.
The play of Sports, payment of taxation and mandatory betting of at least four percent of income is required of all.
The laws on killing and destruction may not change to reallow their practice.
All people and beings who do not kill or destroy others are entitled to an eternal existence. Past Mercy and off the hook must be respected by this congress, and the people.
Off the hook for everything except murder or destruction is 10 x longer than the person's life
plus 552 years. This is the maximum sentence.
Any person or being who kills without cause chooses to forfeit their existence and return to nothing.
The government issued death penalty is abolished for all crimes unless a murder victim requests it in their will. Life Sentences with Fire Torture and Slavery are only to be used for illegal lying, killing, destruction and attempted destruction. Prisoners may take a voluntary execution.. THIS LIST MAY NOT EXPAND. The penalty for attempted murder is 15 years of magma. FOr beings, atgelding.
Persons have a right to transform their gender via any means desirable. No person may be forced to go to reborn or killed or punished for not going.
No killing Thaos, As, Shan, Sitches, Rho, Simeon rebuilds or attacking Simeon Network.
Outlaws may be killed with impunity by the public.
Right to kill. Only this Congress may authorize outlawry. Any person may kill an outlaw, but must pay a fine if they failed the arrest attempt.
Death tax: All beings competing on Sitch open territory must subtract a amount equivalent to the number of people they have destroyed or killed times weekly payments from their congressional fund.. the death tax never goes down.
The penalty for death if the person is resurrected within 50 hours is zero. If fifty days, less than 20 years and if less than 50 years, less than 5000 years. After this it is life in prison.
The penalty for verifiable accidental deaths is monetary.
No criticism of Simeon, Entenny, Rho, As or Sitch may be published or transmitted. Or, Tiara at their discretion. Constructive criticism may be submitted to Simeon via Private agent or letter. Simeon has a right to respond to these criticisms and publish letters at his choice.
Old laws and rules don't matter other than those passed by congress.
With 51% the congress can..
Additional allowable penalties may be added with 3/5 majority
Banned Tactics and Methods
We may add, not remove.
Banned methods of killing are attacks on eyes, brains, lungs and hearts. These are considered attempted destruction.
Poison is a banned tactic.
All uses of poison are considered attempted destruction.
Faking, or anything with intent to destroy is a banned tactic.
Corruption is restricted to members proclaiming the faith of Entamion/evil.
Killing is a banned tactic.
Lying to protect yourself or others is allowed if you are a good person. Keeping secrets is allowed. Otherwise, lying is not possible as the truth must get out in the end. The penalty
for illegal lying with intent to harm another person or decieve is anything up to life in prison.
Unless you are a member of Entamion.
A good person is defined as those who do not harm others
or seek to harm others' in body or person.
New Banned Tactics can be established with 91% consent of congress.
There shall be no violence, evil, power or death without consent.
Power in the universe or any organization can only be gained after completing a lie detector test.
Visionaries and Validators
Visionaries provide long-range visions for a region, country or town. They are elected for 40 year terms and can place any elected official up for recall. They must be educated and recieve their funding from a congress at that level. Visionaries may also be promoted by a god. They select other lesser themes and guiding debates and conflicts to color society.
Validators run lie detector tests. They check those seeking positions of authority. 2yrterm. Sad is chief validator.
Elections are to commence immediately upon publication.
Permanent members of congress
As, Lucifer, Simeon, Paul, Darias, Mom, Tejina, Darissa, Karissa, Levec, Democracy Theory, Rho, Dad, Chaos, Vivian, RIn, SHan,
To love and cherish others
To select a personal god and listen/obey.
To follow orders.
To report those resurrecting Jesus to Theory.
To not corrupt chaos. It is illegal.
To refrain from killing, destroying and obey local authorities
To not speak to those unwilling to speak to you. Max penalty 2 months in jail.
Tejina made prison system: Every 100 years you go to jail for 10. This number is reduced for good deeds down to a minimum of two.
Accomplishments of Simeon and Friends
Ended Corruption and Evil
Keeping the Universe Existent
Making love real and God and Chaos Care.
Bill of Rights
Salvation at Birth
Abolish death and destruction
Made Lucifer and Satan good
Congress and bill of right being created
Clarifications on president
President chosen via fptp with top two runoff jungle primary. Top two face off in the general. Presidential candidates collect signatures for four months and the top two signature collectors face off.
Second section stricken.
All laws expire after fourty years and must be renewed. Old laws expire as soon as this document is promulgated. . The only law to be introduced with this constitution is no killing or theft, and rules excepting those pertaining to private property, expire. No killing or theft enforced with outlawry and burning.
Property ownership. Current owners keep their ownership but must pay property taxes.
Top fourty thousand vote getters make it approval voting with votes split evenly based on numbers of people you vote for.
Article fourty six clarification
Maximum penalty for unwanted speech is 2 months in jail , not three days. Jan, Jie, ban, blan, nan, nain, forced deplay and institutionalization for more than twice as long as someone's been alive, wan and lan all invalid and of no legal effect or impact.
Death may only be used on those who fail to report to or stay in prison. Death cannot be used as a first order penalty. Death is illegal.
Clarifications on rights to kill.
Only Congress can kill, with 11/12 majority in all chambers. Destruction may not be used as a legal penalty without the unanimous free consent of all members of Congress. All have a right to have their death approved and personally voted on by those in Congress. Pressured, forced or fraudulent votes are all invalid.
President can dismiss a criminal conviction or release prisoners at discretion.
Clarifications on Visionaries
Visionaries and national gods also select themes for the next 4000 years. Fundamental conflicts to debate and color society are selected for the next 4, 40, 400 and 10,000 years by a majority vote of all visionaries in the territory.
No weaponized robots. People rights are open to gods, and all must pay a surety of $1 million/person to drop them in. Votes in congress are worth $10 each. Gods may tax people.
Law on power- any god can give you power.
No individual or group may plot or try to overthrow the government or replace the constitution through extraconstitutional means.
Fundamentally, Individuals are paud based on how many votes they recieve
SDA 4,6,9 or 10 is off the hook for everything.
Everyone is entitled to monetary penalties assessed by jury trial for all crimes that do not irreversibly or irreparably physically injure the body.
People you make cannot vote for you, and you must endorse either no single candidate for your followers of four different candidates in each race to split the vote, showing no preference.
Law- simeon can clarify the constitution.
Law- all must elect a yearly chief distributary and chief of elections to oversee the economy and eections, respectively. Approval voting shall be used.
No edits without Rin Consent
Framers- RIn, Satan, Lucfer, Source, Simeon, Dad, Shan, As, Karissa, Shine, Narissa,
submitted by ProfileWise5647
to thenominal [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 23:30 PocketFullOfRondos How would you sell these? I don't want to bring them to game stop.
2023.05.29 22:58 Fluffy_Fluffle Mario Bros. x Donkey Kong Country crossover.
Bowser decides, that, for once he'll take Peach somewhere far away. The Jungle Kingdom from the SMB Movie. Half of the game you play as Mario running right, and the other half you play as DK running left. The two eventually meet in the middle to defeat Bowser. Here are some game mechanics that would be in both halves:
(1. DK Barrel from Donkey Kong Country. These work exactly as the do in the Nintendo Switch port of DKC Tropical Freeze. You can have up to 4 characters on screen. For Mario, the barrels drop Luigi, Wario, and Captain Toad. For DK, the barrels drop Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Funky Kong.
(2. Power-Ups. In the entirety of the first half, and also late into the second half, there are ? blocks you can hit for coins or Power-Ups. Not everyone can use every power-up, for instance, Wario can't use the Tanooki Suit because he's fat. Power-Ups included will be as follows:
Mushroom. Makes you bigger and able to break bricks.
Fire Flower. Allows you to shoot fire.
Ice Flower. Allows you to shoot ice.
Penguin Suit. The Ice Flower, but you can now slide on ice. Funky Kong can't use this Power-Up because he doesn't want his bandana to get wet.
Super Leaf. You can whack enemies and fly. Wario can't use this Power-Up because he's fat. Captain Toad is the most useful with this Power-Up, as he has the shortest jump. This Power-Up works the same way as it does in New Super Mario Bros. 2, and does not require you to spam the jump button to float down.
Tanooki Suit. The Super Leaf, but now you can be a statue. Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong can't use this Power-Up as the suit is too small for them. Wario also can't use this Power-Up for the same reason as the Super Leaf. This Power-Up works as it does in Super Mario 3D Land, and does not require you to spam the jump button to float down.
Starman. Makes you invincible for a few seconds.
Now onto Power-Ups that only the Mushroom Kingdom heroes can use.
Propeller Mushroom. Makes you have a full body helicopter and can fly. (wait, haven't we seen this before?)
Mini Mushroom. Instead of making you big, it makes you small.
Now for the Power-Ups only the Kongs can use.
Rambi. That one rhino from the original DKC.
Now onto some movesets.
Mario: Punch, Crouch, Groundpound, Groundpound-Jump, Spin Jump, Triple Jump, Jump, Long Jump, Rolling Long Jump, Roll.
Luigi: Punch, Crouch, Groundpound, Groundpound-Jump, Spin Jump, Triple Jump, Jump, Long Jump, Rolling Long Jump, Roll.
Wario: Punch, Groundpound, Jump, Roll.
Captain Toad: Punch, Crouch, Spin Jump, Jump, Long Jump, Roll.
The Kongs have the same moves they do in Tropical Freeze.
Now for overall jump height.
- Captain Toad.
- Donkey Kong.
- Funky Kong.
- Diddy Kong.
- Dixie Kong.
Yoshi. He could do his signature flutter jump, eat enemies, and spit out Koopa shells.
POW blocks. They go boom boom.
Tracks. They move things up and down and side to side.
Minecart Tracks. These were INSANELY hard in Donkey Kong Country, the would be a fun mechanic.
Baby Yoshi. You hold him and he can do things like fly, glow, or kill enemies.
Now for some entirely new mechanics:
Unlockable games. There would be seven in total to unlock: Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Wario Land 4, and New Super Mario Bros.
There would also be an arcade you could play at for coins. There would be ten game in total you could play: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Mario Bros., Vs. Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 (PlayChoice10), Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 3, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, and Yoshi's Island DS.
Lakitus that throw ? blocks that look like ? blocks, but are actually non-moving Spinys and will kill you.
Let me know of anymore mechanics that could fit.
submitted by Fluffy_Fluffle
to gameideas [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:55 You_Savvy [USA-MI] [H] Pokemon Games, Main Line Nintendo Games, Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, GBA / DS / 3DS / N64 / Gamecube / Wii Games[W] Paypal
Will only respond to people who post in the thread. Selling lots of games and consoles. Taking only PayPal F&F at this time.
Please let me know if you want pictures of anything or want to see any boards, all games are 100% authentic. Some cases do have varying degrees of damage and anything that stands out will be noted, please look through the pictures or ask for more to know exactly what you’re buying. Everything is tested and working. Shipping is $5 on all orders.
|Gameboy/Color Games ||Price ||Condition |
|Pokemon Blue ||$50 ||Loose, brand new battery |
|Pokemon Red ||$40 ||Loose, label worn/faded, brand new battery |
|Zelda Link’s Awakening ||$32 ||Loose, battery still working |
|GBA Games ||Price ||Condition |
|Golden Sun ||$42 ||Loose |
|Pokemon Ruby ||$50 ||Loose, has no label but authentic cartridge, brand new battery |
|Gamecube Games ||Price ||Condition |
|Zelda Collector's Edition ||$50 ||Loose |
|TMNT Mutant Melee ||$28 ||Case and game, no manual |
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ||$30 ||CIB |
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 ||$28 ||Case and game, no manual |
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 Mutant Nightmare ||$45 ||CIB |
|Metroid Prime 2 Echoes ||$50 ||CIB |
|Metroid Prime ||$30 ||CIB |
|Mario Golf Toadstool Tour ||$28 ||CIB, barcode sticker placed on the back of the cover art (not the plastic shield), did not try to remove it myself |
|Mega Man X Collection ||$30 ||CIB |
|Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut ||$20 ||Loose |
|Super Mario Strikers ||$45 ||Loose |
|Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights ||$24 ||CIB |
|Army Men Air Combat Elite Missions ||$20 ||CIB, case has some damage |
submitted by You_Savvy
to GameSale [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:29 Lv9ai The original concept for Donkey Kong Country featured Wario as the antagonist!
2023.05.29 22:27 Lv9ai The original concept for Donkey Kong Country featured Wario as the antagonist!
2023.05.29 22:26 Lv9ai The original concept for Donkey Kong Country featured Wario as the antagonist!
2023.05.29 22:25 Lv9ai The original concept for Donkey Kong Country featured Wario as the antagonist!
2023.05.29 22:23 WhiteWiesslogia [US - NY] [H] DS, 3DS, Switch Games, Smash Amiibos, Elden Ring Collectors Edition PS5 [W] Switch Games, Nintendo Consoles, Your Lists!
Happy Memorial Day! Trying to trade parts of my collection for items that I would like to play more!
If you're interested in something listed, please shoot me your list! [Have] Consoles
Silver DS Lite, No Stylus Or Charger, one scratch on top screen, few scratches on outer shell
Black Friday Mario New 3DS Black Faceplate (3DS and Charger Only)
New Nintendo 3DS XL Samus Returns Edition (3DS and Charger Only)
New Nintendo 3DS XL Galaxy Edition (3DS and Charger Only, Modded, Back Screw Missing)
Wii U With all Wires and Gamepad(looks like there may be some yellowing on a white screen) Switch Games
A Hat in Time, code used
Darkest Dungeon Collectors Edition
Disgae 5 Complete Loose
Dragonball Fighterz Loose
Fire Emblem Three Houses Sealed
Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger ix
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Sealed
Momodora Reverie Under The Moonlight Sealed LGR #37
Pokemon Shield Loose
Pokemon Violet French Copy
Octopath Traveler 2 Sealed
Resident Evil Revelations Collection Sealed
SkullGirls 2nd Encore Sealed
Shantae Genie Hero Ultimate Edition
The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince Loose
Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Encore 3DS Games
Sealed Animal Crossing Happy Home Designe
Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition Cart Only
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds( No manual)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Selects version)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Loose
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon CIB
Kid Icarus Uprising CIB (No AR Cards and not Big Box)
Kid Icarus Uprising Big Box CIB
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Loose DS Games
Chrono Trigger CIB (Just no Poster)
Pokémon White 2 CIB (Few small dents on the art cover)
Amiibo Amiibo With Scuffs
Mario (Weird Whiting On Fireball)
Peach (Small Scuff On Back Side)
Lil Mac (Paint Mark On Shorts On The Back Side)
Pacman (Scuffs On Back Side)
Sonic (Marking on Gloves)
Donkey Kong (Small Scuff On Lip)
Bowser Jr. (Has a Few Paint Chips On Shell, and Marks On White Part)
Banjo & Kazzoie (Paint On Nails Is a Bit Faded On a Few Nails)
Duck Hunt (Missing Left Ear)
Game and Watch (Only Has One Face)
R.O.B (Yellowing) All Amiibos
Wii Fit Trainer
Bayonetta Player 1
Game and Watch
Elden Ring Collectors Edition Sealed Accessories
Switch Pro Controller (No Box)
Sealed Daruk Amiibo
Bloodborne Future Press Collectors Edition Hardcover Guide
Pokemon Legends Of Arcues
Pokemon Sword and Shield Big Box Only [No Games]
Kirby And The Forgotten Land
Xenoblade 2/3 Special Edition
Legend Of Zelda WindWaker HD Wii U Console CIB
Pokemon Sun and Moon 3DS XL CIB
Legend Of Zelda The Breath Of The Wild Masters Edition CIB Your Lists!
submitted by WhiteWiesslogia
to gameswap [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:18 Double_crossby You can't miss this one! 350 in 1 PNES!
| || |
All the classic Nintendo games on your PS1 with the SEGA master system collection. Wow! submitted by Double_crossby to gaming [link] [comments]
There's a lot to unpack here. Isn't all this classic material on one disc too dangerous?
2023.05.29 22:12 chewdizzle12 [US, US][H] Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Project X Zone CE, Octopath Traveler 2, Metroid Dread, Switch, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, GBA, and DS games [W] Switch, PS4, GameCube, Wii, DS games
Here is an assortment that I'm trying to trade. Close ups available upon request.
* Nintendo Switch
- Astral Chain CIB
- Slay the Spire CIB
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles CIB (code redeemed)
- Metroid Dread CIB
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (loose)
- SMT V sealed
- TMNT Cowabunga Collection sealed
- TMNT Shredders Revenge sealed
- Octopath Traveler II sealed
- Tactics Ogre: Reborn sealed
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom CIB
- Bust A Groove (case and manual only)
- Final Fantasy VIII: 1998 Collector’s CD vol. 2 (disc only)
- Dance Dance Revolution Konamix (disc only)
- Music from FFV and FFVI video games (disc only)
- Gran Turismo (disc only)
- Gran Turismo 2: Arcade Mode + Simulation Mode (2 discs only)
- Marvel Super Heroes (disc only)
- Metal Gear Solid (disc 1+2 only)
- Spin Jam (disc only) -Pocket Fighter (disc only)
- Resident Evil 2 Demo (disc only)
- R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (disc only)
- Ridge Racer: Disc 2 Bonus Turbo Mode Disc (disc only)
- Soulblade (disc only)
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (disc only)
- Star Wars Master is Teras Kasi (disc only)
- Tekken 3 (disc only)
- Time Crisis Project Titan (disc only)
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater (disc only)
- Mortal Kombat Deception CIB
- Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks CIB
- Tetris Worlds CIB
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King CIB w/ Final Fantasy XII demo disc
- Champions Return to Arms CIB
- Baulder’s Gate Dark Alliance CIB
- Puzzle Quest CIB
- Justice League Heroes CIB
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance CIB
- X-Men The Official Game CIB
- Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventure CIB
- X-Men Legends CIB
- X-Men Legends II Rise of Apocalypse CIB
- PopCap HITS! Vol.1 CIB
- Lego Star Wars The Video Game CIB
- Champions of Norrath CIB
- Lego Batman The Video Game (disc only)
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves GOTY Edition CIB (small ding in the plastic on the spine)
- Diablo III CIB
- Lego Hobbit CIB
- Lego Jurassic Park CIB
- Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham CIB
- Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom: Premium Edition CIB
- Kingdom Hearts 3 CIB
- Horizone Zero Dawn Definitive Edition CIB
- Hogwarts Legacy sealed
- Eiyuden Chronicles Rising sealed
- Wii Play CIB
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (Gamestop box)
- Resident Evil 4 CIB
- Epic Mickey CIB
- Epic Mickey 2 CIB
- Mario Party 8 (case and manual only, no game)
- DK Bongos controller x2
- Donkey Konga CIB
- Mario & Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (Loose)
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village (loose)
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (case and game only, no manual)
- Hotel Dusk Room 215 (Loose)
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Loose)
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (loose)
- Lego Batman The Video Game loose
- Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes CIB
- Puzzle Chronicles CIB
- Lego The Lord of the Rings CIB
- Jewel Master Cradle of Athena CIB
- Spider-Man Edge of Time loose
- Lego Battles loose
- Magnetica loose
- Elite Beat Agents loose
- Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventure loose
- X-Men Destiny loose
- MySims loose
- Cooking Mama loose
- Lego Harry Potter loose
- Lego Harry Potter Year 3 loose
- Bejeweled 3 loose
- Jewel Quest Expeditions loose
- Lego Indiana Jones 2 The Adventure Continues
- Lego Battle Ninjago loose
- The Pirates of the Caribbean at World’s End loose
- Bust-a-Move DS loose
- Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga loose
- Lego Star Wars III loose
- Jewel Master Egypt loose
- Jewels of the Tropical Lost Island loose
- Personal Trainer Cooking loose
- The Quest Trio loose
- Official Nintendo DS Rumble Pac (Loose) Nintendo 3DS
- Tetris Axis (Loose)
- Project X Zone Limited Edition CIB (Includes Soundtrack, Artbook, Poster and Game)
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (case and inserts, no game)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Loose) Gameboy Advance
- Banjo Pilot (Loose)
- Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness (Loose)
- Banjo-Kazooie Grunty's Revenge (Loose)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (Loose)
- Bomberman Tournament (box + inserts only, no game) - top flap has a 2 inch tear
- Sega Sports Tennis 2K2 (case and manual only, no game) Jewel case has a small crack on the front
- Virtua Tennis (case and manual only)
- Replacement Nintendo DS Lite Stylus (White or Black)
- N64 Rumble Pak loose
- N64 Transfer Pak loose
- any OEM Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (NIB/sealed preferred)
- Triangle Strategy (Switch)
- Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door (GC)
- Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (GC)
- GameCube Wave bird OEM dongle
- Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)
- Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (GC)
- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii)
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Switch)
- Dragon Quest Treasure Hunters (Switch)
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap (Switch)
- Wonder Boy Asha in Monster World (Switch)
- Tunic (PS4)
- Super Lucky Tales (Switch)
- Battle Chef Brigade (Switch)
- Pokémon TCG cards
Will also browse your list since there may be other games I missed adding to my list. Thanks for looking!
submitted by chewdizzle12
to gameswap [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:07 myboimelvinmole [USA, CA] [H] Figures (Final Fantasy, Diablo, Skylanders), NES, N64, GBA/GBC, DS, Gamecube & PS1-PS3 Games [W] PayPal
FIGURES (SHIPPING NOT INCLUDED IN PRICES) $85 each
- Final Fantasy 8 Quistis Trepe
(Limited, Kotobukiya) $40
- Diablo II Unraveler Figure
- Diablo II Lord of Terror Figure
SKYLANDERS CHASE FIGURES (NIB UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) https://imgur.com/a/Aqdvue3 $100
- Lightning Rod Metallic $20
- Life Creation Crystal $200
- Cynder (Clear) - OPEN BOX $100
- Dinorang Silver - LOOSE $120
- Stink Bomb - OPEN BOX $25
- Hot Streak $40
- Hot Dog $220
- Bone Bash $60
- Fright Rider $100
- Eruptor Silver $50 per
- Blackout (x2) $50
- Echo $20
- Light Trap (Variant)
GAMES (SHIPPING INCLUDED IN PRICES) NES https://imgur.com/a/9WekC7S $12
- Burgertime $15
- Bubble Bobble $30
- Contra $15
- Donkey Kong Classics $12
- Faxanadu $15
- Adventures of Lolo $40
- Adventures of Lolo 2 $20
- Super Mario Bros 2 $20
- Super Mario Bros 3 $25
- The Legend of Zelda $25
- Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link OR $200 Shipped for All NES games PLUS 6 blank cartridge sleeves and 4 Nintendo sleeves
N64 $30 bundle
- Turok the Dinosaur Hunter, Wave Race, WCW vs NWO World Tour https://imgur.com/a/1EzIcgK
- 9.0 CIB WATA Graded Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga $110
- Pokemon Fire Red - Loose $25 bundle
- Lot of 6 GBA games + 1 GBC: Backyard Sports, Cartoon Network Block Party - w/ Manual, Pirates of the Caribbean, Polly Pocket Super Splash Island, Namco Museum, and Spider-Man 2, Spongebob Squarepants and the Legend of the Lost Spatula (GBC),
- Pokemon Soul Silver Big Box w/ game - No pokewalker, tear in bottom corner, some Japanese parts, inner game has all inserts https://imgur.com/a/7M5eCVJ
- Donkey Konga Bundle
(1,2 & Bongos, box in rough shape, bongos bejazzled): $95
- LOZ Collector's Edition (CIB, NM) $50
-LOZ Ocarina of Time Master Quest
(CIB, cosmetic damage to manual + disc but works fine) $70
- LOZ Wind Waker (w/ insert, no manual) $35
- Metroid Prime
(w/ Manual, minor manual creasing; stickers on case) $40
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (no manual) $45
- Starfox Assault (w/ insert, no manual)
- Blasto - CIB w/ Reg Card $25
- Final Doom - CIB $40
- Omega Boost - CIB $30
- Star Wars Jedi Power Battles - CIB w/ Cover Art (Red and Blue Lightsabers Clashing) $15
- Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi - CIB $70
- The Super Dimension Fortress Macross Do You Remember Love- CIB w/ Reg Card $300
- Time Crisis Big Box CIB w/ Gun Con (Near Mint Condition) $45
- Um Jammer Lammy - CIB
PS2 $30 bundle
- Okami - CIB, Superman Shadow of Apokolips - CIB, Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness - CIB
- God of War Collection - stickers on case $30
- Hyperdimension Neptunia $30
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk 2 - sticker on case $30
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - sticker on case $35
- The Sly Collection
submitted by myboimelvinmole
to GameSale [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:05 larsskynyrd79 [USA-LA] [H] CIB Switch OLED console / Games for Switch, Gamecube, Vita, N64, NES, DS, 3DS, GBA [W] Offers for NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GEN, Saturn, PS1, PS2, PS3
Final Fantasy VI Advance (CIB) - GBA
Contra - NES Mischief Makers - N64 Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards - N64
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (rough art, case+disc only) - GCN
3rd party orange spice Wavebird-style controller + receiever
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (no manual) - DS
Drawn to Life Collection - DS
Pokemon Y (CIB) - 3DS
Pokemon Moon (case+insert only) - 3DS
Sonic Lost World - 3DS
Sonic Generations - 3DS
MLB The Show 14 - Vita
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe - Switch
Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - Switch
Animal Crossing New Horizons - Switch
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Switch
Zombieland Double Tap Roadtrip - Switch
CIB Switch OLED console
WANT CIB games for NES/SNES/N64/GCN/GB/GBC/GBA Boxes for NES/SNES/N64/GCN/GB/GBC/GBA Valuable games in general
Rocket Knight Adventures - GEN (boxed or CIB)
Shinobi III - GEN (boxed or CIB)
Gunstar Heroes - GEN (boxed or CIB)
Vectorman - GEN (boxed or CIB)
Sega Saturn console
Tetris - GB (box/manual only)
Super Mario Land - GB (box/manual only)
Super Mario Land 2 - GB (boxed or CIB)
Zelda A Link to the Past - GBA (box/manual only)
Donkey Kong Country - GBA (box/manual only)
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - GBA (boxed or CIB)
Mario Kart Super Circuit - GBA (boxed or CIB)
Rhythm Heaven - DS (case/manual only)
Chrono Trigger - DS (case/manual only)
Harvest Moon - DS (cartridge only)
Yoshi's Island DS - DS (cartridge only)
Mario Kart DS - DS (CIB)
Luigi's Mansion - 3DS (case/manual only)
Kirby Triple Deluxe - 3DS (cartridge only)
Super Mario Maker - 3DS (CIB)
NES Action Set console box only
NES top loader console box only
Super Mario Bros - NES (box/manual only or CIB)
Super Mario World - SNES (box/manual only or CIB)
Super Mario All-Stars - SNES (box/manual only or CIB)
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World - SNES (cartidge only)
Super Mario Kart - SNES (CIB)
Super Mario RPG - SNES (box/manual only)
Final Fantasy III - SNES (box/manual only)
Gamecube console box only
Gamecube games (case/manual only)
Mario Kart 8 - Wii U (CIB)
New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U (case/manual only)
Wii U console box only
N3DSXL Galaxy console box only
submitted by larsskynyrd79
to gameswap [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:25 Manthing81 First thing I did after booting up the new update, he lives! Defintely done legitly, no toolpack used whatsoever, no sir!
submitted by Manthing81 to Kaiserreich [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:08 madurochurro Al Jolson’s highschool Adventure
Once upon a time in the small town of Fairview, a legendary figure from the past made an unexpected return. Al Jolson, the iconic entertainer known for his spirited performances and charisma, found himself re-enrolling in the local public high school, much to the astonishment of the townsfolk.
However, this wasn't just any ordinary high school. Fairview High had a reputation for being a breeding ground of eccentricity, dark humor, and unexpected twists. It was a place where genres collided, and the blending of comedy, romance, thriller, and historical fiction became the norm.
Al Jolson, with his unmistakable charm and nostalgic persona, quickly became the talk of the school. His larger-than-life personality captivated both students and teachers alike, making him the perfect protagonist for this peculiar tale.
Haunted by the untimely loss of his beloved wife Ruby Keeler, Al Jolson sought solace in his art and the companionship of his new high school friends. One fateful day, while exploring the school's hidden corridors, he stumbled upon an underground club called "The Stanky Legg," a secret society dedicated to dance battles with a twist.
Intrigued by this bizarre subculture, Al Jolson reluctantly joined the club, hoping to find a new purpose amidst his grief. Little did he know that "The Stanky Legg" was merely the tip of the iceberg. Underneath the seemingly innocent dance battles lay a mysterious and dangerous conspiracy.
As Al Jolson delved deeper into the enigmatic world of "The Stanky Legg," he uncovered a sinister plot orchestrated by a group of disgruntled teachers. They sought to take control of the school by turning its students into mindless followers, using dance as a means of manipulation.
With his historical knowledge and quick wit, Al Jolson became the unlikely leader of a rebellion against the nefarious teachers. Together with his newfound friends, they fought back in a series of comical and thrilling encounters, showcasing dance moves that defied all expectations.
Through twists and turns, Al Jolson's journey culminated in the ultimate high school event—the Homecoming Dance. Determined to expose the conspirators and restore freedom to the students, Al Jolson hatched a plan.
As the night unfolded, Al Jolson, dressed in his snazziest attire, stormed the dance floor. The DJ, in a playful nod to history, played the "Banjo on My Knee" remix by Alan Walker, blending old and new in a sensational mashup. Al Jolson's electrifying performance dazzled the crowd, with his dance moves seamlessly combining the classic and the contemporary.
The audience erupted in applause, recognizing Al Jolson's talent and his relentless fight for justice. In a surprising twist, the students crowned Al Jolson as the Homecoming King, a symbolic victory against the oppressive forces he had battled.
And so, with the beat of the music still reverberating through the air, Al Jolson stood on the stage, wearing his crown, with a bittersweet smile. He dedicated his triumph to his late wife, Ruby Keeler, and embraced the knowledge that his adventures at Fairview High had left an indelible mark on the town's history.
As the curtains fell on this extraordinary chapter, Al Jolson left Fairview High with a renewed sense of purpose, knowing that his legacy as a performer and a fighter would forever be etched in the hearts of those who had witnessed his unforgettable journey.
submitted by madurochurro
to ChatgptStories [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:55 Salva846 Review : Emma ThermoSync topper (Chilipad alternative)
I was looking for an alternative to the Chilipad / Ooler system which is available in Europe and I ended up ordering the Emma Elite ThermoSync topper
, available in Germany and other EU countries for about 379€. It seems like it is quite new and I couldn't find a single review online, so I thought I would write a quick one.
- The package consists in one double side topper (one cooling side and one heating) and one unit which connects to both the topper (via a pipe) and AC power, as well as a brief manual. The device looks pretty cheaply made. It just has a simple LCD screen, a couple of buttons to set the temperature, a rudimentary remote control and that's pretty much it. No app, only two different modes (cooling & heating), no bells and whistles. https://preview.redd.it/jhf4e4czyu2b1.jpg?width=3072&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=99b8de35f8bc2e30d7c4d44f7185c4f52995c4e4
- Comfort : The description claims you can't feel the tubing inside the topper ; this is true for the heating side which is padded and thicker, but you do feel them on the cold side. It's tolerable, but it does reduce the overall comfort.
- Noise : the pipe linking the topper and the unit is quite small, so the unit must be placed either beneath or immediately next to the bed. And it is definitely quite loud, i would estimate around 45 dB. Certainly louder than a typical fan, i would say similar to a gaming computer running on full load.
- Effectiveness : I only tried the cooling function. You can set up the temperature between 12°C and 25°C ; however I didn't find it to be particularly accurate. Putting it on max power (so 12°C) I would say that it decreases the temperature maybe up to ~3 degrees below the ambient temperature ; putting the temperature higher doesn't really make a difference noise-wise. It does however a decent job at circulating the heat away from the mattress and I didn't wake up feeling overheated
TL;DR : it does a decent job cooling down the mattress a bit, but it's fairly loud and you can feel the pipes in the topper. Overall not so impressed - I may keep it for another week to see if I get used to it, but I am rather inclined to returning it.
submitted by Salva846
to Bedding [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:54 MichaelWing7 The 3 books that Keanu Reeves had to read to be able to act in 'The Matrix'
Keanu Reeves trained body and mind before starring in 'The Matrix' in 1997.
Matrix 3 was definitely one of the most anticipated feature films of the decade whose taste in the mouth was quite strange considering that people expected a sequel to what happened in Matrix: Revolutions.
Preparing for this role was not easy, since Keanu Reeves, who had already been disconnected from the character and the story in general for more than a decade, knew perfectly well the pressure he had on his shoulders, since an entire generation wanted to see him return as Neo .
That is why he himself decided to feed on culture to resume a new perspective on his epic character. And what were those three books that defined you? Here we leave it for you:
Out of Control by Kevin Kelly
This book written by Kevin Kelly in 1992 portrays the constant evolution between the organic and technological relationship of living beings in the modern world.
In his eyes, machines are becoming more biological and, on the other hand, living beings are becoming more technological. When the union between the natural and the artificial is complete, our artifacts will be able to learn, adapt, repair and evolve. The doors of a new civilization with “intelligent” machines and “technological” organisms open.
Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard
Jean Baudrillard, philosopher and theorist, wrote this book in '81 where he develops the idea of "Simulacra" as a phenomenon that crosses contemporary societies and is characterized by the emergence of hyperreality, simulation, the confusion between sign and sense, since the first eliminates the second, the problem of science that thus loses its object of study, which in turn will eliminate science as such and lead to the loss of the divine through iconography.
In summary: Are we living in a simulation of past societies?
Introducing Evolutionary Psychology by Dylan Evans
Dylan Evans concludes the study of Keanu Reeves facing the challenge of becoming Neo: Is the modern human a proper subject for his psychological study, approached from the traditionalist rhetoric of universal psychology?
Introducing Evolutionary Psychology basically talks about how man has surpassed his own studies and modern psychology needs to stay away from technologies and social advances that are affecting humans and their relationship with the ego and superego in modern culture. .
In other news, as well as Matrix, another movie classic comes with a new installment. Find out what it is.
submitted by MichaelWing7
to FreeMovieSite [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:36 IAmArique Don’t mess with Donkey Kong’s bananas.
2023.05.29 20:18 MatoroTBS Kaiserreich Beta 0.25 - ‘On the Wide Steppe’
After several years, the Eastern Europe Rework is complete, as the release of the Ukraine rework signals the end of an era for Kaiserreich. We learned a lot from the development process, with the Eastern Europe Rework being released incrementally, unlike the single large update that gave much of the China rework. With each successive release, we try our best to reach new heights with the mod, and to build on the work that was done beforehand, and both of these aims particularly apply to the Eastern Europe Rework. Our efforts remain ongoing on the reworks of all European majors, and the team members who worked on Ukraine have already moved on to work on Russia, Spain and Austria-Hungary. But for now, we are pleased to bring you our latest release, and we hope you enjoy it! Changes
- Updated the format of the Country Selection screen.
- Added new introduction screens for several countries, including the majors and notable minors.
- Removed the cap on the war support debuffs that is present in vanilla HOI4, applied by casualties, bombing and lost convoys, and decreased the rate of the war support decay.
- Countries now will lose 20% war support if at war, regardless of it being a defensive or offensive war.
- Reduced the Chinese “Unequal Treaties” resource export malus to 60%.
Reworked/Expanded Focus Trees
Tweaked Focus Trees
- Lebanon - overhauled political and military trees
- Ottoman Empire - added four new national foci for NatPops
- Added new alerts informing the player of impending declarations of war.
- Added events alerting the player when the AI has given them land in annexation events.
- Added annexation events for the Northern Caucasus, Corsica, the Kuban, Nice, Savoy and Syrmia.
- Added a new “Ostpolitik” decision category for Germany, detailing their relations with their eastern allies.
New Custom Country Paths
- Cuba (expanded current options)
- West Indies Federation (expanded current options)
- New portraits
- American Union State: Robert Melville Danford
- Australasia: Henry Douglas Wynter
- Bharatiya Commune: Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar, Madan Mohan Malaviya, Sarojini Naidu, Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- Union of Britain: George Nathan
- Bulgaria: Manol Vasev
- Cambodia: Son Ngoc Thanh
- Chile: Oscar Escudero Otárola
- Cuba: Juan Blas Hernández
- Combined Syndicates of America: Edward Allen Carter Jr., William Edward Foster, Daniel Webster Hoan, Campbell Carrington Johnson, James Kelly Parsons, Hyman Godalia Rickover, David Monroe Shoup
- Commune of France: Henri Adeline, Florimond Bonte, Jean-Édouard Verneau
- El Salvador: Salvador Castañeda Castro, Maximiliano Hernández Martínez
- French Republic: Paul Reynaud
- Germany: Wilhelm II, Wilhelm III (civilian & military)
- Greece: Georgios Papandreou
- Illyria: Stjepan Radić
- Latvia: Constitutional Assembly
- Lebanon: Anthony Peter Arida
- Kurdistan: Bakr Sidqi
- Malaya: Zhuang Mingli
- Mountain Republic: Ali Mitayev
- Ottoman Empire: Abdülmecid II
- Papua New Guinea: Sumsuma
- Paraguay: Higinio Morínigo Martínez
- Russia: Pavel Milyukov
- Serbia: Petar Zivkovic
- Shandong: Wu Huawen, Lu Jin
- Siam: Phraya Phaholponpayuhasena, Rama IX, Paribatra Sukhumbhand, Sarit Thanarat
- Slovenia: Leon Rupnik
- Kingdom of Spain: Emilio Mola Vidal
- Taiwan: Lin Xiantang, Lin Xiongzheng, Xie Xuehong
- Tripolitania: Ahmad Faqih Hasan
- Ukraine: Marko Bezruchko, Roman Dashkeyvch, Petro Diachenko, Opanas Fedenko, Oleksii Federov, Vasyl Fylonovych, Nykyfir Hryhoriiv, Yevhen Konovalets, Isaak Mazepa, Mykhailo Omelianovych-Pavlenko, Vsevolod Petriv, Kostiantyn Prisovskyi, Sviatoslav Shramchenko, Oleksandr Shulhyn, Oleksandr Shumskyi, Leonid Stupnytskyi, Mykola Stsiborskyi, Yurii Svirskyi, Yurii Tiutiunnyk, Oleksandr Udovychenko, Omelian Volokh, Vasyl Vyshyvanyi, Oleksandr Zahrodskyi
- Tweaked portraits
- Argentina: Pedro Eugenio Aramburu, Isaac Francisco Rojas
- Bohemia: Viktor Hoppe
- Commune of France: Aubert Frère
- Galicia & Lodomeria: Hnat Stefaniv, Dmytro Vitovskyi
- Liangguang: Li Zongren (changed uniform)
- New advisor portraits
- Germany: Reichskolonialamt
- Lebanon: Khayreddine al-Ahdab, Rashid Baydoun, Michel Chiha, Philibert Collet, Jacob of Ghazir, Selim el Khoury, Rose Shahfa
- Princely Federation: Council of Princes
- Russia: Aleksandr Novikov, Mikhail Yangel
- Somalia: Assembly of Clans
- Syria: Army Air Command / Army Naval Arm
- Taiwan: Chen Fengyuan, Lan Gaochuan, Jian Ji, Cai Peihuo, Riad el-Solh, Jiang Weishui, Liao Wenkui, Liao Wenyi, Lin Xiantang, Lin Xiongzheng, Xie Xuehong
- Ukraine: Asan Sabri Aivazov, Rostyslav Bereziuk-Voloshyn, Petro Bolbochan, Mykola Boretskyi, Mykhailo Bilynskyi, Volodymyr Chekhivskyi, Ivan Cherniakhovskyi, Dmytro Dontsov, Dmytro Doroshenko, Oleksandr Dovzhenko, Solomon Goldelman, Oleksandr Hadd, Borys Homzyn, Oleksandr Hrekiv, Mykhailo Hrushevskyi, Hryhorii Hrynko, Borys Huber, Andrii Hulyi-Hulenko, Dzhambulat Kanukov, Pavlo Khrystiuk, Andrii Khvylia, Mykola Khvyliovyi, Ihor Kistiakovskyi, Volodymyr Kedrovskyi, Mykola Kochubei, Vasyl Kochubei, Serhii Koroliov, Volodymyr Korostovets, Mykola Kovalevskyi, Levko Kovaliv, Oleksii Kozlovskyi, Ahatanhel Krymskyi, Andrii Livytskyi, Yurii Lypa, Ivan Lytvynenko, Mykola Maksymov, Arnold Margolin, Borys Martos, Andrii Melnyk, Mykola Mikhnovskyi, Zinaida Mirna, Yakiv Moraleyvch, Kyrylo Moskalenko, Vasyl Murashko, Andrii Nikovskyi, Oleh Olzhych & Olena Teliha, Kyrylo Osmak, Serhii Ostrovidov, Yurii Otmarshtain, Viktor Pavlenko, Anatolii Pisotskyi, Andrii Pokrovskyi, Mykhailo Poloz, Viacheslav Prokopovych, Serhii Rudenko, Volodymyr Salskyi, Volodymyr Savchenko-Bilskyi, Fedosii Shchus, Pavlo Shandruk, Oleksandr Shapoval, Serhii Shemet, Oleksandr Skoropys-Yoltukhovskyi, Zakhar Sliusarenko, Olena Stepaniv, Fedir & Mykhailo Tereshchenko, Vasyl Tiutiunnyk, Stepan Tymoshenko, Metropolitan Vasyl, Mykhailo Volobuiev, Serhii Yefremov, Maik Yokhansen, Vsevolod Zmiienko
- United Baltic Duchy: Baltische Landeswehrkommission
- Added some new generic American, British and German general portraits.
- Added a generic “Council of Advisors” advisor portrait.
- Added new national spirit icons for Chinese splinters, Ethiopia and Ukraine.
- Updated the Irish national focus icons for their army, navy and air force.
- Updated several Indian national focus icons.
- Added new national focus icons for Ukraine.
- Added new flags for the Bharatiya Commune, RadSoc Centroamerica, Hindustan, Madagascar, socialist Ukraine, Taiwan, Transamur and native-led Zimbabwe.
- Tweaked the flag for the West Indies Federation.
- Updated the flag render of Kolchak-led Transamur
- Fixed NatPop Egypt using the wrong flag.
- Updated the icons for the Artillery traits for commanders.
- Moved and resized the paper clip icon used in all event pictures.
- Added and tweaked the icons, names and models for the tanks and planes used by multiple countries across the mod.
- Added some custom infantry weapon icons for Austro-Hungarian constituents and White Ruthenia.
- Fixed a Mongolian leader being used as a generic leader portrait.
- Removed the Blackshirt insignia from a vanilla division icon.
- Updated Ireland’s event pictures.
- Updated the resolution and colouring on an old loading screen.
- Reconfigured the Music user interface and reformatted the track titles to ensure they fit into the interface properly.
- Added “Mars Genderang Kemenangan (March to the Sound of Victory)” for Insulindia.
- Removed “Rayuan Pulau Kelapa (Love of the Coconut Island)” for Insulindia.
- Added “Two Brothers Were Going There” for Russia.
- Added “Black Clouds Cover Over the Ruins”, "Cossacks Were Riding", “Ked my pryishla karta (This is the Map)”, "Long Live, Free Ukraine", "Oh, Grow You Dry Oak“, “Oh, On the Mountain the Reapers are Harvesting”, “Oi, vydno selo (Oh, You Can See the Village)”, "There's a Willow in the Field" for Ukraine.
- Fixed music not playing correctly for Azerbaijan, Madagascar, Mali and Zanzibar.
- Fixed “Protect the Yellow River” playing for non-Chinese countries.
- Fixed several tracks from vanilla HOI4 not playing, tweaked when some tracks from vanilla are likely to play, and renamed several vanilla tracks to more Kaiserreich-appropriate titles.
- Added more naval bases to the Bharatiya Commune and Princely Federation.
- Added Bastogne as a victory point.
- Fixed the French city of Verdun being too close to the German border.
- Adjusted the shapes of Dalmatia and Syrmia.
- Tweaked Morocco’s provinces.
- Fixed an invalid Moroccan railway.
- Added Terneuzen as a victory point.
- Increased the Infrastructure level in India.
- Updated the eastern Ottoman railway around Kars.
- Re-added the Sea of Marmara as a strategic region, to fix issues with AI pathfinding in the Aegean due to the blocked straits.
- Fixed Iquitos’ location to Peru from Ecuador.
- Improved supply situation in and around Transamur.
- Increased the supply availability between Crimea and Kherson.
- Removed the strait between Courland and Saaremaa.
- North America
- Rebalanced American war support and stability.
- Reduced the amount of military factories given by the factory conversion decisions, to avoid hobbling the AI.
- Increased the priority given by American civil war participants to building military factories during the Second American Civil War.
- Revised the combat AI for the participants of the Second American Civil War.
- Replaced the American Union State general Jacob Devers with Robert Danford.
- Buffed Canada’s starting army and war support.
- Canada’s NatPops no longer make John Diefenbaker their leader, as Henry Herbert Stevens stays in the position.
- Adjusted several Canadian and Combined Syndicate character names to include the nicknames they are most commonly known as.
- Renamed William Zebulon Foster to William Edward Foster, as he was never actually named Zebulon.
- Nerfed the Combined Syndicates of America commanders Robert Sharon Allen, Smedley Darlington Butler, Evans Fordyce Carlson, Benjamin Oliver Davis Sr, Herbert Charles Heitke, Campbell Carrington Johnson, Robert Hale Merriman, Maurice Rose and David Monroe Shoup, each by one skill level.
- Nerfed the military advisor traits of the Combined Syndicates of America’s Smedley Darlington Butler, Evans Fordyce Carlson, Bessie Coleman, William Rea Furlong, Eddie August Henry Schneider and David Monroe Shoup.
- Added Jacob Loucks Devers, from the American Union State, and Campbell Carrington Johnson, as generals for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Removed George H. Cannon as a general for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Added a Chief of Army role to the Combined Syndicates of America’s commander James Kelly Parsons.
- Removed Robert Sharon Allen’s Chief of Army role for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Added the Armour Officer trait to Robert Sharon Allen, the Organiser trait to Robert Hale Merriman, the Cavalry Officer trait to Benjamin Oliver Davis Sr and the Chief Engineer trait to Hyman Godolia Rickover.
- Removed the Reckless trait from the Combined Syndicates of America’s Maurice Rose.
- The Combined Syndicates of America’s naval advisors are now available from either of the “American People's Navy” or “New Naval Plan” national foci, instead of just the former.
- Nerfed the initial “Red Guards” national spirit for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Improved the effect of the Combined Syndicates of America’s “Roll Out The AO-2” and “The Red Dragon” national foci.
- Increased the duration of the “New European Military Schools” national focus for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Revised the AI’s logic in supporting or abandoning Hawaii.
- Hawaii’s faction-joining decisions are now quicker.
- The American Union State now leaves any factions if couped by Pelley, and a player-led leader of the Entente can choose to attack him in return.
- The United States now starts with medium tank designs.
- Player-controlled United States can now decide whether or not the assassination attempt on Huey Long or Jack Reed is successful.
- Removed “Canberra” from the America ship name lists, due to its presence being an OTL reference.
- Central America & the Caribbean
- Added a unique flag for Augusto César Sandino’s Centroamerica.
- Removed “Fulgencio Batista” from Cuba’s ship name lists.
- Added party descriptions to Cuba.
- The Dominican Republic’s Trujillo now loses his advisor roles after being fired.
- South America
- Demoted Argentina’s Pedro Eugenio Aramburu from Field Marshal to General.
- Tweaked the map colour of NatPop Brazil.
- Brazilian puppet Patagonia (the Kingdom of Araucania) now starts with a core on Neuquén.
- Releasing Brazil now retains Acre and the borderlands for separate decisions.
- Added a Head of Army role to Brazilian Field Marshal Eurico Gaspar Dutra.
- Nerfed the Head of Army trait belonged to Brazil’s Euclides de Oliveira Figueiredo.
- Removed the option to create a puppet Ecuador on the Galapagos Islands, as it resulted in Ecuador getting too many volunteers in subsequent wars.
- Updated and standardised the names of many Paraguayan characters.
- Western & Southern Europe
- Added Breton endonyms.
- Replaced the Union of Britain’s George Sutherland Aitken with George Nathan.
- Decreased the skill level of the Union of Britain’s Thomas Jacob Hutton.
- Added Henri Adeline, Florimond Bonte, Georges Revers and Jean-Édouard Verneau as generals to the Commune of France.
- Added Henri Adeline as a military advisor to the Commune of France.
- The Commune of France’s Maurice Gamelin is improved to a level 3 field marshal, with a different Chief of Army trait, but now has the Old Guard trait.
- The Commune of France’s Clement Blanc now has the Artillery Officer trait, Charles Delestraint now has the Armour Officer trait, Diego Brosset has swapped Infantry Officer for Engineer, and Raoul Magrin Vernerey has swapped Adaptable and Infantry Officer for Commando and Harsh Leader.
- The Commune of France’s Marie-Pierre Koenig now has a Chief of Army role.
- Increased the army experience reward given to the Commune of France’s “Communal Army” and “Grand Army Reform” national spirits.
- Countries can no longer choose not to attend the Internationale Congresses.
- Moved the general Aubert Frère to the Commune of France, from the French Republic.
- The Commune of France’s Jacques Sadoul is changed from a general to a political advisor.
- Removed colonial names from the Commune of France’s submarine name list.
- Added Alessandro Sardi as a general for the Italian Republic.
- AI-controlled Socialist Republic of Italy will now attempt to perform naval invasions on the Republic of Italy.
- The Canadian decision to support the Orange Order in socialist-controlled Ireland now spawns Northern Irish units rather than Irish ones.
- Portugal will now actively try to annex the Congo in peace conferences.
- Portugal can now intervene in the Third Boer War.
- Halved the political power cost in the United Kingdom’s reconstruction decisions.
- The United Kingdom can now ask for the return of Canadian and Australasian fleets.
- The United Kingdom’s naval national foci have been considerably nerfed.
- Added the option for a player to refuse handing over the leadership of the Entente to the United Kingdom, while playing a country other than Canada.
- Central & Northern Europe
- Revised the frequencies at which Austria goes each of its three paths.
- Pluralist Austria can no longer integrate any parts of Germany.
- Non-pluralist Austria can now core all of Germany.
- Austria can no longer potentially integrate the German-speaking part of Switzerland, unless they have reformed the German Empire.
- Austria and Germany now start with medium tank designs.
- Austria now retains south Germany when releasing the German Empire, to be decided in its own annexation event.
- The Austrian-led German Empire, and German splinters, can now integrate German border regions, and no longer get instant cores.
- Added new descriptions to the late infantry technology for Austria-Hungary and its constituents.
- Denmark now starts with a core on Greenland, which no longer causes resistance for any other occupying power.
- Added English translations of Finland’s party names.
- Lwow is now not automatically given to Poland in the latter’s annexation event, unless its controller chooses to give all of Galicia & Lodomeria to Poland.
- Updated the events surrounding the division of Galicia to Poland and Ukraine.
- Germany’s integration of Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland is now compliance-based.
- Improved Manfred von Richtofen’s unique trait.
- Added air bases as rewards to German aviation national foci.
- Improved Germany’s AI at defending from naval invasions.
- Expanded the release of the North German Federation to match the standard of the other three German splinters.
- Germany now starts with interwar anti-tank technology.
- Germany’s “Anti-Russian Foreign Policy” national spirit is now removed from countries that join Russia’s faction.
- Replaced the news event picture from the “Fall of Amsterdam” event.
- The Netherlands’ integration of Flanders is now compliance-based.
- Decreased the war-related stability debuff given to the Nordic Federation by the “Nordic Neutrality” national spirit.
- The Nordic Federation will now send volunteers to Finland and Germany in the Weltkrieg.
- Reichspakt Poland will now get kicked from their faction, should they declare war on a Habsburg-led Austria during the Weltkrieg.
- Republican Poland having a failed nationalist coup will now prevent the nationalist uprising from occurring.
- AI-controlled Republican Poland will now have a nationalist coup less often.
- Increased Poland’s priorities in completing its economic decisions.
- Poland can now only complete Operation Parasol if it has less than 20% surrender progress.
- Poland will now lose some monarchy influence when the King appoints Studnicki after the election, even if the Circle won the election.
- Tweaked the AI’s event choice priority in Poland’s Clover Revolution.
- Changed the icon for Poland’s “20th Century Cavalry Tactics” national spirit.
- Releasing the Rhenish German splinter state now requires control of Cologne or Essen.
- Added Bogumil Vošnjak as the NatPop leader of Slovenia.
- Added Leon Rupnik as a general for Slovenia.
- Increased the amount of steel that Sweden gains in Kiruna.
- Updated several of Switzerland’s national focus icons.
- The Kingdom of Two Sicilies Confederation now gives annexed territory to its Italian puppets.
- Added two starting military factories to the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
- Eastern & Southeast Europe
- The AI will now prioritise giving lands in the Balkans to an ally, rather than releasing puppets.
- Added an alternate description Bulgaria’s “Anti-Belgrade Pact”, should the Belgrade Pact be already defeated.
- The Estonian admiral Johan Pitka no longer starts in the United Baltic Duchy.
- Added party descriptions to Latvia.
- Latvia can now organise a state visit to NatPop Russia, so long as the latter is Realpolitik.
- Buffed several Latvia traits, national spirits and national foci.
- Added more trains to Latvia’s starting stockpiles.
- Added air bases to decisions and national foci rewards for Lithuania and the United Baltic Duchy.
- Added option in Macedonia’s annexation event, for it to be offered to Bulgaria or Serbia in exchange for an alliance.
- Increased the amount of war support drain that Romania receives from integration of Transylvania.
- Halved the maluses incurred by Romania’s “Great Game”.
- Romania can now attack Austria immediately if Austria is at war, ignoring normal revolt preparations in Transylvania.
- Romania is now able to core Bucovina without owning Transylvania.
- Romania will now no longer try to join Russia’s faction if they previously were at war.
- Russia’s annexation event can now result in the release of the Mountain Republic, made up of part of the Northern Caucasus under Russian control
- Made multiple tweaks to Russia’s political power, stability, and war support situation.
- Expansionist Russia can now invite Romania to the Moscow Accord, so long as Germany has been beaten and Serbia is also in the faction.
- Moved Russian military advisors Sergey Korolyov and Sergey Rudenko to Ukraine, replacing them with Aleksandr Novikov and Mikhail Yangel.
- Added a volunteer limit bonus to the “Twilight Struggle” national spirit, associated with the Russian/Entente event against the Internationale.
- Imperial Russia can now choose to just empower the Hohenzollerns for a puppet German Empire, instead of a Romanov.
- Socialist Russia now uses a slightly different green.
- Socialist Russia will now declare war on Central Asia before joining the Internationale.
- Nerfed Socialist Russia’s war support and starting stability.
- Added more AutDem party popularity for Russia’s Wrangel path.
- Serbia will now keep its core on Montenegro, if it loses the Fourth Balkan War.
- Added a two year truce and non-aggression pact to the Belgrade Pact’s Treaty of Budapest with Austria.
- Added generic Ukrainian name lists.
- Tweaked costs of several Eastern European Defence Cooperation decisions.
- Replaced the consumer goods cost from Eastern European Defence Cooperation contributions, with a political power cost.
- The United Baltic Duchy’s integration of Latgale is now compliance-based.
- Decreased the weekly stability loss from White Ruthenia’s “Solidifying Our Identity” national spirit.
- Added a new description a White Ruthenian upgrade to the infantry weapon technology, featuring Najman’s hand mortar.
- Adamawa and Cameroon can now claim and integrate Ubangi-Shari on their own during the annexation event, not just when granted by their overlord or ally.
- Removed Cape Verde-Guinea as a releasable puppet, as Cape Verde remains an integral part of Portugal.
- Adjusted the starting borders of the Manikongo’s secession from Mittelafrika.
- Added additional outcomes for Ethiopia’s DKAEB event chain.
- Changed some Ethiopian national spirit icons.
- The French Republic’s “Indestructible Bonds” national focus now gives claims on the states changed between the French Republic and the United Kingdom.
- The French Republic’s “Expand Communications in the Colonies” national focus now gives a bonus to the Psychological Warfare agency upgrade, if the “La Résistance” DLC is enabled.
- Changed the French Republic’s starting occupation laws, to match the in-game lore.
- The French Republic now gets a compliance bonus on Chad, after the completion of the “Fate of Equatorial Africa” national focus, and the merging of the area’s administration with French West Africa.
- The French Republic can now no longer call its allies in to help with the native revolts, unless facing three or more at once.
- The French Republic no longer uses African-style generic commanders.
- Increased the weekly stability debuff and decreased the party popularity stability modifier applied to the German Government in Exile’s “On Borrowed Time” national spirit.
- Removed Katanga’s national focus to integrate itself into Südwestafrika.
- Tweaked the visibility of some Katanagan national foci dependent on availability.
- Adjusted the conditions for Mittelafrika’s collapse. It will now only happen as a result of von Göring’s failure to quell the revolts against his rule, and for the German Government in Exile.
- Added leader descriptions to Mittelafrika.
- Replaced the stability bonus in Mittelafrika’s “Spirit of von Lettow-Vorbeck” national spirit with a war support bonus.
- Kenya and Nigeria are now allowed to secede during the Mittelafrikan collapse, if not previously subjugated.
- Von Göring’s Mittelafrika can no longer become free before dealing with its revolts.
- Added a tooltip for Mittelafika’s von Göring resigning, so that it's clearer this is what is happening, and removed its associated extensive stability and political power penalties.
- Rewrote several Mittelafrikan events, including the setup for the Kikuyu uprising. Also removed several outdated events.
- Removed Ludwig Bockholt and Theodor von Hassel as potential replacement leaders of Mittelafrika.
- Added party names and leaders to Nyasaland.
- South Africa’s Third Boer War peace now only requires a 180 day stalemate, instead of an entire year.
- Added bypasses to two of South Africa’s Nuweveld national foci.
- Rebalanced much of the Third Boer War.
- Caucasus & Middle-East
- Alash Orda, Bukhara, Khiva, and Turkestan can now claim and core Ashkhabad.
- Tweaked the map colours for Alash Orda and Khiva, and updated it entirely to Turkestan.
- Georgia can join the Reichspakt when World Tension is over 75%.
- Iraq’s Yusuf Salman Yusuf no longer uses a picture of a living person.
- Added several new political advisors to Lebanon.
- Tweaked multiple Lebanese events, modifiers and traits.
- Added more content to Lebanon’s war with Syria, and its build-up.
- Added an option for player-controlled Najd & Hasa to leave the Cairo Pact.
- Removed a reference referring to Mustafa Kemal as “Atatürk”, which he would not be called in the Kaiserreich timeline.
- Decreased some of the political power gain for the late-game Ottoman Empire.
- NatPop Ottomans will now also have Azerbaijan rebel against them, during their large revolt.
- Removed the ability of the NatPop Ottomans to join the Moscow Accord after defeating their large revolt.
- Added Turkish endonyms for Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Greece, Western Persia and Tunisia.
- Decreased the cost of several of Turkey’s expansion decisions.
- Updated the icon of Turkey’s “Turkish-Iraqi Economic Accord” national spirit.
- Tweaked the effect of a few of Yemen’s national foci.
- East Asia
- Added a description to Anqing’s Sun Liren.
- AI China will now always annex Mongolia, Tibet and Xinjiang.
- Removed the “Autonomy” puppets of the above Chinese conquests.
- Chinese concessions will always be returned by socialist countries, if they are requested.
- China can no longer declare unification if a neighbouring country is still hostile.
- Clarified the requirement of the Northwest War being over, for China’s decisions to ally with the Kumul Khatate, Ma Clique and Xinjiang.
- Wuhan now merges from its constituent parts, should it be made the capital of China.
- An AI-controlled Chinese splinter that controls Beijing will never now accept a submission demand.
- Adjusted East Turkestan’s national foci to account for potentially being a puppet.
- Fengtian can now be invited to the Japanese economic sphere.
- Japan’s “Operation Ichi-Gou” now bypasses if the strongest Chinese splinter is defeated.
- Japan’s peace with Germany will now result in all German allies being removed from the Legation Council.
- Japan’s “Fading Sun” mission will autocomplete if Japan is directly invaded successfully.
- Japan will now remove countries from the Co-Prosperity Sphere economic bloc if they are puppeted by another country.
- Japan will now add non-aggression pacts and truces upon peacing out with European countries, and mutual wargoals will be removed.
- Removed land-based carrier planes from Japan’s starting air force.
- Renamed Liangguang’s HH Kung to Kong Xiangxi.
- The Nanjing clique now doesn’t lose the “Conspicuous Kleptocracy” national spirit until it completes the “Government by Coercion” national focus.
- Manchu Qing will lose the general Sun Liren, if he is with them and they adopt a pro-German outlook.
- Merged Qing’s “Demand Warlords Bend the Knee” national focus into the “Pacify the Nation” national focus, to avoid them having a focus with potentially no effect.
- Russia can now choose whether to retain Port Arthur or not when releasing Manchuria.
- Added Wu Huawen and Lu Jin to Shandong as generals and Military High Command advisors.
- Changed the Military High Command trait of Shandong’s Jin Yune.
- Shanghai now turns PatAut or NatPop if puppeted.
- Rebalanced some of Shanxi’s Balance of Power mechanics to have a more even outcome.
- Sichuan is now set as a potential government when Chen Jiongming arrives.
- Sichuan’s Tian Songyao is now retired if Liu Wenhui loses the “Two Lius' War”.
- Added descriptions to Taiwan’s new puppet leaders, and changed the name given to the island depending on its ideology.
- Added seconds-in-command and political advisors to Taiwan.
- Added a division limit bonus to Transamur’s “Greater Transamur Ambitions” national spirit.
- Yunnan’s Zhu De can now align with Chen Mingshu, if the Left Kuomintang are defeated in the League Collapse War.
- South Asia & Oceania
- AI Afghanistan will now always accept Russia's demand of subjugation if isolated.
- Added Henry Douglas Wynter as a general for Australasia.
- Increased the level of Australasian generals Horace Clement Hugh Robertson and Iven Giffard Mackay, adding the “Desert Fox” trait to the former.
- Renamed the Bharatiya Commune’s Sardar Patel to Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel.
- Renamed several of the Bharatiya’s political parties.
- Removed the delay in uprisings involving the Bharatiya Commune and Princely Federation.
- Increased the starting stability and war support for the Bharatiya Commune.
- Moved the commanders Kodandera Madappa Cariappa, Jayanto Nath Chaudhuri and Satyawant Mallanna Shrinagesh to the Bharatiya Commune, from the Princely Federation, Madras and Mysore, respectively.
- Removed the Bharatiya Commune’s commanders Naseem Haider and Mahendra Pratap.
- Burma now starts the game with cores on Kachin, Upper and Lower Shan.
- Expanded Cambodia’s annexation event options to now include the country being released as a republic, or a kingdom with one of two different dynasties.
- The Dutch East Indies accepting the Congress of Batavia now causes them to be instantly annexed by the Netherlands.
- Fiji is no longer given back to Australasia, if puppeted.
- The Dominion of India is now known as the “Republic of India” if it leaves the Entente, rather than just “India”.
- The Dominion of India no longer renames itself to just "India" after reunifying India.
- Increased the starting army and stockpiles of the Dominion of India and Princely Federation.
- Improved the starting “Rifle Division” template for the Dominion of India.
- Added three starting offmap military factories to the Dominion of India.
- Added a tooltip to let the player know which states will be transferred upon India seizing Ceylon.
- Added an option for India to be declared on by Germany, should the former seize Ceylon.
- Replaced the manpower requirement in Indian national focuses with a World Tension level requirement.
- Added Hindustan as its own releasable, separate to the Bharatiya Commune.
- Indian splinters now get a claim on Sikkim upon releasing Bhutan or Nepal.
- Each Indian splinter will now try not to pursue territorial claims until after reunification.
- Renamed several Indian national foci.
- Added Sarojini Naidu as SocLib, Madan Mohan Malaviya as SocCon, Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar as AutDem/PatAut and Vinayak Damodar Savarkar as NatPop puppet leaders of India, respectively.
- Replaced Chin Peng with Zhuang Mingli as the leader of socialist Malaya, due to the former only starting secondary education in 1936.
- Moved the commander Akbar Khan to Pakistan, from the Bharatiya Commune.
- Added party descriptions to Papua New Guinea, and a socialist leader and second-in-command.
- Increased the Consumer Goods debuff for the Princely Federations’ “Backwards Economy” national spirit.
- Replaced the free unit spawn from a Princely Federations’ event, with a minor war support bonus.
- Removed the Princely Federations’ “Pact with the North” national focus, since that will now always happen by necessity.
- Removed the initial division recovery rate bonus in the Princely Federation’s “Decentralised Rule” national spirit.
- Replaced the division recovery rate malus with an organisational malus in the Princely Federation’s “Rebellious Princes” national spirit.
- Improved the AI for the revolters against the Princely Federation.
- Nerfed the Princely Federation’s starting stability and equipment.
- Added some Operation names to Siam.
Change notes continue in the comments due to Reddit's character limit.
- Added an option to the in-game start menu, linking to the page where a player can report a bug directly to the Devs, allowing them to be fixed more quickly.
- Enabling integration mid-game now applies the correct resistance and occupation law.
- Increased baseline unit limit bonus to +8 from +5.
- Added two new Ukrainian quotes for the loading screen.
- Replaced a Boris Savinkov quote with one that was said by Boris himself, instead of a character in a book he had written.
- Renamed the “Artillery Specialist” trait to “Artillery Leader”. Made “Fortress Buster” trait now available to commanders holding either “Artillery Leader” or “Engineer” traits, and the Artillery Military High Command role is now unlocked by “Artillery Leader” instead of “Fortress Buster”.
- Buffed the effects of several political advisor traits.
- Overhauled the tank design templates and armour division composition, and number of tank divisions that the AI will try to research and create.
- Tweaked the AI’s air production priority between close air support and fighters.
- Decreased the cost of awarding medals to division commanders by 50%.
- Increased the AI’s priority in circumstantially defending their allies’ borders.
- Generic advisors no longer have the “Ideological Crusader” or “Quartermaster General” traits.
- Increased the AI’s priority in hiring a Chief of Army, in comparison to Chiefs of Navy and Air Force.
- Improved the AI’s decisions in choosing the Army Academy spirits.
- Added generic Arab name lists.
- Increased the AI’s willingness to perform naval invasions against enemies with a larger navy.
- Multiple typo corrections and text inconsistency removals.
We hope you enjoy playing Kaiserreich as much as we did making it! - The KR4 Team: 84F8D8, Alpinia, Arvidus, Augenis, Blackfalcon501, Carmain, Chazem, Chiang Kai-shrek, Chiron29, Cody, Conchobhar, DuoDex, El Daddy, Fedex, Flamefang, Gaboemi, Gideones, Hamfast, hildagrim, Ido, Igor050301, JazzyHugh, Jeankedezeehond, Jonny BL, Juliet Wehrwolf, Kano, katieluka, Kennedy, kergely, KFateweaver, Klyntar King, Krčo, Luwofe, Matoro, McOmghall, ~mw~ // miwaco, NukeGaming, Owenomaly, PPsyrius, Pelmen, RagnoStrangeros, Rnk, Shiroe, Sonny O’Cad, SuperGreenBeans, suzuha, The Alpha Dog, The Irredentista, The Italian Jojo, Vidyaország, and Zimbabwe Salt Co.
submitted by MatoroTBS
to Kaiserreich [link] [comments]