Senior day at the detroit zoo
Be the motherf*cking rainbow
2011.04.02 21:57 original186 Be the motherf*cking rainbow
The subreddit for welders, machinists and all other enthusiasts of joining two things together.
2018.01.22 07:07 kormapls Experienced Devs
For experienced developers. This community should be specialized subreddit facilitating discussion amongst individuals who have gained some ground in the software engineering world. Any posts or comments that are made by inexperienced individuals (outside of the weekly Ask thread) should be reported. Anything not specifically related to development or career advice that is _specific_ to Experienced Developers belongs elsewhere. Try /work, /AskHR, /careerguidance, or /OfficePolitics.
2013.09.10 18:35 The Long Dark
The Long Dark is a first-person survival video game developed and published by Hinterland Studio. The player assumes the role of a plane crash survivor who must survive the frigid Canadian wilderness after a global disaster disables all electronics. Welcome to our community!
2023.05.29 04:55 Special_list Should I switch careers into Instrumentation/PLC?
TLDR: Currently starting a career in accounting paying $23 an hour and don’t know if I want to make a career out of it. I like the office aspect of the job but the work is mind numbing and the wages suck till you get your CPA and I don’t know if I wanna do it, and even then I still think the wages are low, like $80K after 4 years. Wondering if there’s any upside in the instrumentation world as I also have my Instrumentation engineering diploma and I find the automation, PLC, and measurement aspects of the industry interesting. I just worry about the lifestyle and working conditions as I’ll be the first to admit I’m not built for the “patch” life.
I’m currently at a crossroads with what I want to do for a career. I graduated with an Instrumentation engineering diploma back before covid. I had wanted to get into the PLC/automation side of the industry since that’s what interested me, and I really have no interest in the construction side of the industry. Unfortunately, I graduated just before covid hit and it made finding a job difficult, so I had decided to finish my business degree I had started before entering instrumentation.
I’m in Alberta and all I have heard for years is there is a shortage of Instrumentation people and that they’re desperate for workers. I had applied for four plus months and heard nothing. I don’t think my resume is bad either. I had it professionally done, and there’s no long periods where I was unemployed or wasn’t in school. I also have no problem moving up to GP for work or that kind of thing. I also worry that me graduating from it a while ago will hurt my opportunities since I haven’t used it yet.
My thing is I don’t think I’m personally built for physical labour or working multiple hours in outdoor conditions. That’s part of the reason I chose instrumentation and more specifically the Diploma program, as it seemed like a mix of light hand work and using your brain. I have friends in the industry who went the trade route, and they make it seem decent. They just drive from lease site to lease site, most of their day is spent in a pickup and they’re outside for an hour or so a day. Which sound perfect for me until I think of having to climb up a flare stack or some shit as I’m terrified of heights.
I guess the main idea of my post is what is the industry currently like, specifically in Alberta? Do I need to slog it out at some place like CDN to get into the PLC side? Is there any panel fab work in Edmonton or Calgary? What are the wages currently like? Where do the wages top out at? Is $150K in 4-5 years unreasonable? What are the conditions you work in? If you do this for a career, are you going to be crippled by 50? Overall, I have a pretty decent idea of the industry but I always like to hear what other will say, especially online because in person I don’t think many people will tell you the shit parts of their job. Thanks for any input.
submitted by Special_list
to instrumentation [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:55 daveramsyismybff Self Study?
Would it be wise to self study AP Macroeconomics for my senior year?
I have previously taken AP Lang, Lit, World History, US History, and Psych. I have scored a 4 on both Lang and World History and expect similar scores for the other three exams.
Next year I will be enrolled in US Government, however, nobody knows which AP math and science classes will be offered (stats or calc AB and APES or bio).
I will also be involved in numerous organizations but nothing different from what I’ve done these past three years.
While I don’t have that much prior knowledge, I have placed at regional and state AcaDec competitions for economics.
submitted by daveramsyismybff
to APMacro [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:55 _-_Luna_- oh
2023.05.29 04:55 jams5795 Good ending, unconvincing process
They went with the 'swing vote' twist ? AGAIN?
Shiv revolting last minute somehow could've worked.
But Rome joining in merely at the random brought up of a 'you killed a guy' (like what?) and then acting such viciously towards Ken out of the blue is simply too dramatic after the celebrations just the day before.
But I know Succession fans won't let the show have even a tiny bit of weakness so I don't expect anyone admitting or entertaining the thought.
submitted by jams5795
to SuccessionTV [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:55 Edward2704 Don Jr. 2024 Montana Senate Race running against Don Jr. full mod writing (keep in mind that Don Jr. owns a ranch in Montana)
Italics = advisor feedback
- Congratulations Don Jr., after a contentious primary with Matt Rosendale and Greg Gianforte, you have emerged victorious in the Republican primary. What will be your opening statement as you pivot towards the general Montana senate election with Jon Tester?
- Why screw up this thing. I’ll run a low-risk campaign and cruise to victory. After all, my dad is the Republican nominee for president, so I can certainly ride his coattails to victory “This might work but don’t underestimate Jon Tester, he’s quite popular in Montana”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible and attack Jon Tester relentlessly, Tester has voted in lockstep with Biden and Pelosi “This might work, but most Montanans are more focused on state issues rather than national issues”
- I want to appear with my dad, Donald Trump, as much as possible as I campaign “People want to see you differentiate yourself from dad occasionally, and this doesn’t help much”
- I want to denationalize this race as much as possible. I want to take pictures of myself on my Montana ranch and focus on the farmers and workers in this state “nationalizing this race is your best chance, considering that your father is the Republican nominee for president”
- Due to the rural nature of Montana, the average Montanan spends more on gas than almost any other state in the country, and as gas prices continue to rise, what would you do to lower them?
- I would work with Senator John Thune to construct the Dakota Access Pipeline, which will transport gas faster and thus drop the price of gas, unlike Biden and the Democrats who want to shut down the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline “This is good in that it criticizes the Democrats while also offering a different solution.”
- The way you lower gas prices is by getting Biden and the Democrats out of the office and putting in Trump and the Republicans, as gas prices were nowhere near as high as they were when Trump was president “This attack somewhat damaged Biden, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently from him.”
- One thing we could do to lower gas prices is to switch sides in the Russia-Ukraine war and side with an oil-rich Russia, rather than siding with oil-poor Ukraine, and we could get more oil through deals with Russia “Are you insane?”
- RNG. Your father, who is running for president from within a prison cell, has asked if you could attend one of his rallies that are being held from just outside his prison cell where he will be visible to the large crowd through the window of his prison cell in New York. Would you like to attend this rally outside the prison?
- Yes, I would “Good news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell was just the right size, in that it was large enough to fire up Trump’s base in Montana, but not so large that it would grab the attention of the liberal media. Good job”
- Yes, I would. “Bad news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell had a lot of both trump supporters and protestors and the two groups quickly turned violent and it drew an enormous amount of media attention and you are getting badly hurt by the controversy.”
- No, I wouldn’t “Good news, the Montana people respected your ability to be removed from national politics of a rally outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- No, I wouldn't “Bad news, Trump’s base is furious at you for not showing up to your father’s rally from outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- Inflation continues to ravage the nation. How will you put an end to it?
- We’re gonna stop handing out money and stop all this nonsense spending. “This has fired up your core supporters, but most independents are worried about this kind of messaging.”
- I would like to reduce tariffs and remove regulatory barriers “Trump’s tariffs are popular with the Trump wing of the Republican party, but this answer should win over more libertarian-minded Republicans”
- The destructive conflict between Ukraine and Russia continues to go on. How will you put an end to it if at all?
- I will urge for American neutrality in the Ukraine-Russia war “You’ve pleased your diehard base, but most independents want America to side with Ukraine during this destructive conflict”
- I will keep the current path of issuing sanctions against Russia “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans.”
- I will urge America to get involved on Ukraine’s side against Russia “This wins over independents at the expense of winning over your base.”
- I will urge the UN to create a demilitarized zone on the Ukraine-Russia border and urge Ukraine and Russia to come to a comprehensive peace treaty “This wins over the neocons in your party at the expense of the Trump wing of your party.”
- China has repeatedly made threats against Taiwan, and there have been fears that China might invade Taiwan. How will you prevent this from happening?
- This is Taiwan’s problem, not ours “This wins over the hardcore isolationists in your party at the expense of mainstream Americans”
- We will issue sanctions against China if they choose to invade Taiwan “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans”
- I urge America to intervene in this conflict against China “Are you insane, no one wants war with China!”
- I will urge China and Taiwan to create a demilitarized zone between them and a comprehensive peace treaty “This might be a good strategy”
- There continue to be migrants and drugs that are flowing across the southern border. What would you do to stop this from happening?
8. Jon Tester, despite being a senator from Montana, one of the most pro-gun states in America, strongly came out in favor of gun control after the Uvalde shooting. What is your opinion on gun control
- We need to strengthen our border security and build a wall “This is a good solution to win over the hard-core Trumpsits in your party”
- Look, this is Montana, we are nowhere near the southern border. Do we need to campaign on this issue? “Fair enough”
- We need a compromise solution of granting the illegals in this country a pathway to citizenship in return for building a stronger immigration enforcement system “This is a good way to win over independent voters”
- The Democrats are using school shootings as an excuse to take away our 2nd amendment rights “This attack is mildly successful, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently to stop school shootings”
- We need more armed guards at the front of schools to prevent these shootings, not to take away guns “This is an interesting solution”
- We need to spend more money on mental health clinics to treat these dangerous individuals “This wins over the Trump wing of social conservatives, but many fiscal conservatives are uncomfortable talking about this much government spending”
- Abortion has become an increasingly important issue throughout America, how will you deal with this issue
- I will pass a law that will ban abortion nationwide “This fires up your base at the expense of independents”
- This isn’t our problem. We will let the people of each state decide that for ourselves “This fires up independents at the expense of the base”
- We should pass a law that bans travel from one state to another or traveling from one country to another to receive an abortion “This should meet the fine line of appealing to your base while also winning over independents.”
- Now onto more state-centered issues. The state of Montana has an enormous amount of agriculture, farms, and ranches, and the amount they make has been decreasing. How will you plan to deal with this
- I will fight for Montana exports in trade deals “ an unusual position for a Republican to take, but this could work”
- This isn’t a problem we can solve, this is for the free market “This is a more traditional platform to run on as a Republican, but not a popular one amongst the Montana people.”
- RNG Will you agree to debate Jon Tester?
- Yes I will “You won”
- Yes I will “You and Tester tied”
- Yes I will “You lost”
- No, we have a massive lead “People don’t trust you if you don’t debate, expect this to hurt you badly”
- RNG You are meeting with Libertarian candidate Rick Breckenridge, to see if you can convince him to drop out and endorse you.
- I hope he drops out "Good news. He dropped out."
- I hope he drops out "Bad news. He doesn't drop out."
- There's no way around it. Although you own a ranch in Montana, Montana is not your state of permanent residence and many view you as a carpet bagger. How do you plan to respond?
- I will counter-attack by showing Tester as a DC insider who is out of touch with Montanan values "This doesn't work well, as Tester routinely tours the state"
- I will tout my outsider credentials as an advantage, as I can reform Montana from the outside to Make Montana Great Again “MMGA”
- Which Montana Republican would you like to go on tour with today?
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s governor, Greg Gianforte “Well this didn’t work out well, as many are still angry about the incident that Greg Gianforte caused in 2017 when he ran for the house and bragged on social media about how he was so far ahead in the polls that he could beat up a reporter and still win, then proceeded to beat up a reporter and still narrowly won. Expect to take a dip in the polls.”
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s incumbent Republican senator, Steve Daines “This worked out well, as Steve Daines is broadly popular amongst conservatives and independents”
- I would like to go on tour with Matt Rosendale, who ran for the Montana senate seat in 2018 and lost “Campaigning with Matt Rosendale offends no one, but pleases no one either”
- News has broken out about how your girlfriend, Kimberly Gilfoyle, has been fired from Fox News for sexual harassment. How do you want to do damage control?
- As much as I love my girlfriend, I have no control over her behavior and I condemn this incident of behavior completely “This is probably the best you could do given this bad situation”
- Who cares, this is my girlfriend’s sexual harassment case, not mine “Well, you’re the one who’s dating her, so this makes you look bad.”
- I condemn my girlfriend completely for this behavior and I am breaking up with her for it “This is a strong answer which could win over women voters, but this only draws more attention to an incident that already looks incredibly ugly”
- How would you like to attack Jon Tester if at all?
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester has voted with Joe Biden 91% of the time. Jon Tester pretends to distance himself from Biden, but Tester is just one of Biden’s puppets who happens to be in a Trump +16 state “That’s it, hit Tester where it hurts!”
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester is out of touch with Montana values lives in Washington DC and constantly votes in lockstep with Nancy Pelosi and votes for drag queens and transing the kids “This attack doesn’t win over independents, but it sure does fire up the base”
- We should run compare and contrast ads between Kyrsten Sinema and Jon Tester, showing how Sinema is in a bluish-purple state and constantly stabs Biden in the back while Jon Tester is from a deep red state and constantly votes lock step with Biden “This ad was incredibly effective”
- We should run ads of gas prices soaring under Tester and Biden, while gas prices were falling under Trump Sr. and will continue to fall under Trump Jr. “This ad was mild to moderately effective, but voters want to know what specific policy you will implement to lower gas prices
- One interesting idea that has been proposed by many Democrats is to put abortion clinics on Native American reservations, as their lands aren’t governed by the US. Montana has some of the most native reservations in the country. What are your thoughts on this?
- This is an abhorrent practice that will lead to more children being killed as a loophole around the Dobbs .vs. Jackson's case allowed each state to choose whether or not to allow abortion “This answer fires up the base but hurts you with independents”
- I don’t care either way, this is up for the leaders of the native reservations to decide themselves “This might be the best you can do with a difficult question like this”
- Small government means small government, therefore lands that are not on American soil should be allowed to build abortion clinics to serve the public, as we are the party of small government that favors bodily autonomy “This answer helps with independents and hurts with the base”
- Not to talk too much about abortion, but a new bill has been proposed in the Montana State House that would criminalize pregnant Montanans for traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere. What are your thoughts on this bill?
- I think Montana should ban all abortions within its borders, but banning Montana residents from traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere is too harsh “No one loves this answer, but no one hates it either”
- Being pro-life means being all the way pro-life, which means that we should criminalize out-of-state and out-of-country travel to receive an abortion elsewhere “Your base eats this up, but this stance makes independents gag”
- As a Republican, I naturally believe in making government as small as possible, meaning that native american reservations should be allowed to have abortion clinics and that people should be allowed to travel out of state and out of the country to receive abortions “Independents are lining up behind you, but your base is threatening to stay home”
- RNG. The Montana state legislature has just passed new laws banning Tribal ID cards and requiring you to present your address to vote, which Native Americans on reservations don’t have as a way to stop Native Americans, who disproportionately vote Democrat, from voting. What are your thoughts on this?
- This should help me win “Good news, Native Americans aren’t getting the new IDs and addresses necessary for voting for Tester, so this will help you.”
- This should help me win “Bad news, Native Americans are now turning out in higher numbers than ever before and are getting the new IDs and licenses necessary to vote. Expect this to hurt you.”
- You have talked about reducing the amount of money that we spend to reduce inflation. Where would you like to make cuts in spending
- I don’t know, everywhere maybe “This is not specific enough, and Jon Tester’s mediscare strategy is working eerily well”
- First, cuts will be made to foreign aid “In general, if you have to cut anything, cut foreign aid first, then again, most Americans are supportive of Ukraine in their war against Russia, so this might also backfire”
- We should cut farming subsidies and allow farmers to properly partake in the free market “Montana is a very agricultural state, so this doesn’t play well”
- Jon Tester has attacked you with an attack ad of you speaking with your father and Rudi Giuliani at the Save America rally on January 6th where you tell the crowd to stand up and fight as they proceed to walk towards the capital and invade it. How will you react
- This was a poor choice of words for me. Although I said the word fight in a physical sense, what I meant to say was fought in a metaphorical stance by protesting the certification of the 2020 election “This might be the best thing you can say to keep your base on your side while not angering independents”
- I played no role in causing the violence that most people did on January 6th as I meant to fight in a metaphorical sense, not in a literal sense. It should be noted that only a small portion of people that attended that rally on January 6th broke into the capital “Most voters believe that you played a role on January 6th, and this answer doesn’t help”
- These people who entered the capital were brain-dead idiots who thought this would be a good idea. Why should I be responsible for their actions “You were the one who encouraged them to do it.”
- Montana has one of the slowest internet speeds in the country due to its rural location. Would you be willing to spend government money to increase the internet speed in Montana?
- I understand the urge to help Montanans with slow internet, but this is a function best served by private companies, not the government “This helps with the base, but hurts with independents”
- We need to spend government money to help Montanans with slow internet “This helps with independents but hurts the base”
- Do you plan to pass more laws to engage in culture wars and ban drag story hour, and critical race theory
- No, these culture wars about drag story hour just distract from the main issues at hand “Some sense a missed opportunity to win points amongst the base, but others appreciate you for not constantly attacking”
- Yes, we need to protect our children from drag story hour and critical race theory “This will win you points amongst your base but hurt you with independents and libertarian-minded voters.”
- What will be your ending message as this campaign draws to a close?
- Don’t let Jon Tester fool you, he’s no moderate and he votes for Biden 91% of the time. Tester is Biden, and Biden is bad. Tester is Biden’s puppet. Make sure to vote for my dad for president and me for the senate. “This is probably a good strategy considering how Tester votes for Biden 91% of the time, and although Tester is somewhat popular in the state, Biden is not.”
- I want to hold a big rally in a field in Billings with a jumbotron where my dad is presented on the big screen from prison. My dad Trump Sr. will carry Montana by double digits, so all I have to do is ride his coattails to victory “Your dad is popular in Montana, so tying yourself to him as closely as possible might be a good idea.”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible. A vote for me is a vote for my dad who is running for president, while a vote for Tester is a vote for Biden “This is a good strategy, as you will need your dad’s momentum to gain victory in this senate race.”
- Where in Montana will you spend your last days campaigning
- I will campaign in the Helena area around Lewis and Clark and Cascade counties. Tester may have won them in 2018, but Trump won them in 2020, so with one last push, we should flip them red
- I will campaign in the rural eastern parts of the state to maximize conservative turnout such as in Custer and Prairie counties
- I will expand my appeal by campaigning in the rural northern parts of the state with Native American reservations such as Glacier County
- I will campaign in the Missoula area, a traditionally liberal area and college town in Missoula County
submitted by Edward2704
to thecampaigntrail [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:54 PrpleMnkeyDshwashr Should I be worried about this bite mark on my dog?
| || |
My in-laws were dog sitting our small 11 pound dog. They called us informing they found fleas on our dog. Prior to dropping off the dog at the inlaws, we got the dog groomed and fortunately 2 days earlier I gave my dog tick and flea medication (oral pill). submitted by PrpleMnkeyDshwashr to DOG [link] [comments]
Went to to pick up our dog and saw the bite mark and did not look like a flea bite to me. Is this a flea bite?? Should I be concerned. They told me they were able to pick it off our dog. We've had our dog for 8 years and really had no history of fleas on our dog. Mainly a small indoor lap dog.
2023.05.29 04:54 remarkableowlarya Morning Market Updates - May 29, 2023
Morning Market Updates - May 29, 2023
Good morning, fellow Redditors,
I hope you're all having a great start to your day. Today is Monday, the first day of the week, and let's dive into the latest updates from the morning market session.
Let's begin by analyzing the performance of the American market:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average put an end to its five-day decline, while the Nasdaq Composite Index and S&P 500 closed at their highest levels since August 2022. The S&P 500 was above the 4,200 mark.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased by 1.00% to reach 33,093.34.
- The Nasdaq rose by 2.19% to close at 12,975.69 points, while the S&P 500 gained 1.30% to settle at 4,205.45 points.
After a prolonged period of uncertainty and tightening of the American debt ceiling, there was a surge in chip shares driven by optimism surrounding artificial intelligence.
According to Reuters, after extensive discussions, US President Joe Biden and top congressional Republican Kevin McCarthy appeared close to a deal to extend the government's $31.4 trillion debt ceiling for two years while limiting spending on most items.
Inflation remains a concern, and high-interest rates continue to impact the market until the Federal Reserve takes a clear stance.
Overall, the American market closed on a positive note on Friday, and Dow Futures are also showing positive momentum in the morning.
Now, let's take a look at how the Asian markets are opening:
The positivity seen in the American market is also reflected in the Asian markets this morning, bringing an end to the prolonged uncertainty.
- The Nikkei in Japan is trading more than 1% higher, showing a rapid surge of 400 points.
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng index is up by 80 points, Taiwan by 145 points, and the South Korean Kospi index is trading flat.
- SGX Nifty is showing significant momentum with an increase of approximately 170 points, currently trading above 18,700.
Now, let's examine today's market setup:
The Indian markets had already shown signs of the upcoming bullish trend from the American market on Friday. The Nifty increased by 178 points to close at 18,499.
Buying activity was witnessed in FMCG, IT, metal, and pharma sectors, which previously faced confusion due to the changing trends in the American markets.
The market successfully crossed the strong resistance level at 18,350, which will now act as a support level for the Nifty.
According to technical charts, the support levels for the day are 18,350, 18,300, and 18,200, while resistance levels are seen at 18,525, 18,600, and 18,650.
Now let's analyze the option chain data:
In the weekly option data, the highest call open interest (OI) for the Nifty was observed at the 19,000 strike, with 67.16 lakh contracts. This level will play a crucial resistance role for the Nifty.
Following that, the 18,700 strike had 64.78 lakh contracts, and the 18,500 strike had 59.71 lakh contracts.
Significant call writing was observed at the 18,700 strike, with an addition of 33.87 lakh contracts. This was followed by additions of 29.71 lakh contracts at the 18,800 strike and 29.35 lakh contracts at the 19,000 strike, indicating potential resistance levels for the Nifty.
Regarding put open interest, the highest OI was observed at the 18,300
submitted by remarkableowlarya
to StockMarketIndia [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:54 judethedude2106 Going into year 2 of Software Development Foundation Degree, have a particular liking for OOP and SQL, any tips, info or pointers on where to go from there?
Looking for some pointers as I go into year 2 of software dev. Foundation degree. Any advice is appreciated
So I’m currently going into my second and final year of my foundation degree in software development, the units I have completed so far are:
-Programming 1: Practical Java basics in Eclipse.
-Programming 2: Learning OOP through Java, also using Eclipse.
-System Analysis and Design: Creating analysis reports on potential systems and designing software systems on paper with UML diagrams and data flow diagrams etc.
-Database Systems: Creating and manipulating SQL databases and understanding ERDs.
-Software Testing: Learning types of testing, how to test a program and record with a test log, how to use tools such as Selenium and CassiniDev with Java.
-Maths for Programming: Calculus, number systems etc.
My second year begins in September and the following points are the units I will be completing and what I know about them so far:
-Programming 3: Will be using Visual Studio to create a working program with C# with a SQL database connected to it (my teacher is saying it is technically full stack development which is good for interviews)
-Computer and Network Architecture: Not sure on the specifics of this unit.
-Data Science: not sure on the specifics of this unit either.
-Work Based Learning: 5 month long placements in a local IT company. In placement 4 days a week (I don’t know what company it is yet.)
As you might be able to tell I’m still relatively new to this industry, but I’m still very passionate about it. I’ve always been into computers and regret not getting into things like programming earlier in life, but i am sure I have found the area of work I want to spend my life doing.
I’m posting to ask for advice on my options so I have a solid year in order to decide what I want I want to do. I don’t know many people in the industry so I think here would be a good place to get some pointers. To add some content I’m 19 and live in Northern Ireland, there is an abundance of reputable IT companies meaning I am likely to get placed in a good company. I particularly like what I’ve been doing in Java and SQL, expecting to enjoy C# too. I haven’t been achieving top grades, but I am getting high enough to get accepted into the best Uni in NI. My current options as I see things:
-University in NI: Unsure of which degree specifically but am leaning towards Computer Science, university here is significantly cheaper than mainland UK but my foundation degree will only allow me to pass into second year. Also unsure of whether to pursue a Masters Degree, but I’m leaning against it.
University in Great Britain: More expensive than NI but will be more likely to pass directly into third year.
Job After Placement: I am told that most students are offered full time jobs at the end of their placement at £30k, and sometimes offer apprenticeships where they will pay for me to complete my degree while I work for them. I will be locked down in this company for a few years though and I’ve been wanting to leave my city ASAP, but by no means does this mean I’m ruling this option out due to my desire to leave.
Find an Apprenticeship Elsewhere in UK: I’m not sure how plausible this is and feel it may be risky, but if possible I think I would pick this one, I would either move to the capital Belfast or go to the mainland. Potentially I could go international but I feel this would be extremely unrealistic.
Open University: I need to further look into this option, but it also sounds good, it is meant to be a 2 year, more affordable degree completed from home, but I lack complete understanding at the moment.
Wild Card, Find Work/Apprenticeship in Australia: I have family in Australia eager for me to visit them for awhile, they are very well of and this would give me time to get on my feet while out there. I would need to learn a lot more about the IT landscape out there before even considering this. I also would have to work out if it would even be possible immigration wise. This one is more of a dream but would do it if it was possible.
Thanks for reading this far, correct me if I’m incorrect about anything, any advice helps!
submitted by judethedude2106
to cscareerquestions [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:54 Spirited_Tangerine55 I’ll be in Missouri until July 30th for work [19m] [chat]
This will be my first time going out of my state for work (originally live in Texas). My work will be taking me coast to coast for any jobs I need to do for 2 months at a time and I’m wanting to see if I can find any friends wherever I’m going. I’ll be very bored on any days I have off and would love to possibly spend it with some cool people that I find. The big thing I want to do while I’m in Missouri is to go to Worlds of Fun amusement park. I’ve never heard of it but it looks freaking cool, maybe we can go there? Who knows but hope to see some of you peeps in my dms, let’s chat for a bit and see what we have in common. Thanks for reading, see ya soon maybe.
submitted by Spirited_Tangerine55
to MeetPeople [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:54 lucky_omelette Has anyone else felt like this after losing a pet?
First the question then the vent off my chest: Is It fairly common or normal to feel a very deep pain (even after some months) due to the loss of a pet? I feel like I lost a family member, and I never felt this much pain/sadness about a family member passing away. I'm not at my worst anymore but it's still painful. Should I, by this time, have to already be completely over the death of my dog?
My parents and I had to put our 12 y/o dog to sleep because he had a terminal illness, the vet said that even if we allowed for the surgery to remove the tumor, there weren't many chances of him surviving because of his old age.
This happened on January, after 5 days of my dog feeling unwell. It was very sudden, he seemed perfect before new year's eve and then everything went downhill really fast. We never really felt he was too old, let alone think that he may have an illness. My dog was always very cheerful, energetic and affectionate, he didn't have many white hairs. We thought he was gonna live until 15 or 17 years old. The last few days he was (barely) alive was like the 12 years suddenly made their appearence.
I wanted to know if other people ever felt this much pain after losing a pet. It's been almost 6 months since he passed away. I (sometimes) have something that's best described as a ghost feeling of him being there in my backyard. I still dream of him from time to time. I have this pain that comes from the inmense love I felt for him. He wasn't just a pet, he wasn't just a dog. He was part of the family.
My father is still hurt by this like me, he said It feels kind of close to losing a child (of course losing a child is worse but you get It). How can we feel this amount of love and such strong bond with a little animal?. I really do feel like I lost a family member, I feel even worse than losing a family member because I lost my grandmother a few years ago, and I lost my grandfather this year too. Their departure didn't feel as painful. This was sudden for us because we really thought he would live longer. But he lived the exact life expectancy for his dog breed instead. The vet told us It wasn't our fault, this problem is common in his dog breed, and told us that if this dog lived normally this long without showing symptoms or pain is because we did the best we could, and we gave him a happy life.
I still feel a little regret. What if we catched the illness before? Could we have saved him? Maybe he could've lived longer? But I'll never know. Maybe this was the best way. For us and for him. Enjoying our company to the fullest, being happy.
Two friends of mine also lost their elderly dogs this year. But It seems like I'm the only one that still holds on to my dog. I don't think it's necesseraly unhealthy because I do not cry every day, and I don't think of him 24/7. But It hurts from time to time, I cry a little sometimes because I still miss him deeply.
I miss hearing his paws walking on the floor, I miss petting his soft hair and looking at his beautiful eyes. He was part of our daily lives. It doesn't feel like something is missing as much as before, but the knowledge that he's gone still hurts. He was the best dog, never hurted us, never misbehaved terribly. Before we knew what was wrong with him, I f*cking picked him up in new year's eve when he was feeling bad, to give him some affection, and he did not cry in pain or made a noise, he didn't bite me despite having a painful tumor on his belly. He was way too much of a good boy, the biggest smallest good boy there could ever be. I loved him and I still do. I grew up from child to adult with him. Last year he saw me graduate from university, and he (and I) met my LDR boyfriend for the first time (he adored my dog and always wished to play with him, which they did). I was even thinking of bringing him with me when I move out. It feels like my dog was waiting for the perfect time to go. When both my brother and I were adults, with me about to get independent, and when my parents both began to want to travel more.
I was not emotionally and mentally ready for his death, but could I ever be? Probably not. And I'm grateful I was able to be by his side on his last moments, even if It was painful. I wanted him to feel loved by us, and die peacefully, without any pain. Because he deserved that. The last day (without knowing for certain it would be the last day) I had the urge to take a picture with him, I also asked my bf if he would like to say goodbye to him on videocall (he did), and on the way to the vet, this song sounded on the radio: "Let her go" by Passenger. And the line "Only know you love her when you let her go" broke me and I teared a bit in the back seat of the car. I firmly believe It was a message because of the timing. And indeed, 3 hours later, I had to let my fluffy best friend go.
I have my own beliefs, not exactly religious. I have no clue whether there is a heaven or an astral plane or something. But even if we are just energy, souls or information, I want to be that with him one last time when I die.
Thank you if you took the time to read all of this. If anybody lost a pet recently, you can use this space too if you need to vent.
submitted by lucky_omelette
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:54 MaxCross-425678 Reworking Heroes part 3: Volume IV Villains
For full context, please read Season 2
and Volume 3: Exodus
- Weeks after the Odessa Pandemic, Nathan renews his political career while being haunted by his father Arthur. Matt investigates a murder committed by Sylar and contacts Peter, who's been hunting Sylar with his help. Hiro is given an encrypted hard drive in his fathers will, which gets stolen by a speedster named Daphne Millbrook. Claire lives with her family in Salt Lake, when she gets attacked by Sylar and Monroe. Angela has a disturbing dream about the Heroes being massacred by a gang led by Monroe. Hiro and Ando pursue Daphne and plan her capture. Sylar attacks the Company, killing Bob and causing Elle to release an electrical charge that allows the Level 5 prisoners to escape. Angela becomes the new head of the Company, and fires Elle. Nathan enlists Meredith to protect Claire after her attack. Political adviser Tracy Strauss discovers her powers when she kills a reporter that threatens to run a story about her being Niki Sanders.
- Tracy travels to New Orleans to learn more about Niki, where she meets Micah and Monica. Claire works to regain her confidence with Meredith's help. Angela recruits Peter and Matt to find the prisoners, forcing them to work alongside Howard Clarke. Hiro and Ando follow Daphne to Germany, where she steals another drive from the Haitian. Knox, Flint, Jesse and the German commit a bank robbery, where they plan revenge on Noah Bennett (not knowing he's dead). Tracy, Micah and Monice learns that Niki and her were genetically engineered clones. Hiro and Ando are recruited by Angela, who reveals the hard drives contain everything about the Company, including the identities of people with abilities. Claire learns about the escape and goes after Eric Doyle. Daphne is ordered by Maury Parkman (posing as Linderman) to recruit others, breaking out Flint, Jesse and Knox. She brings them to Pinehearst, where they meet Adam and Sylar.
- With Peter's and Clarke's help, Claire and Meredith defeat Eric Doyle. Nathan and Tracy grow close. Hiro and Ando travel to Africa, where they meet the precog Usutu. Daphne tries to recruit Matt at Maury's behest. Both Monica and Mohinder is brought back into the fray when Molly and Micah are kidnapped by Pinehearst. Angela is attacked by Maury, causing Peter to visit Pinehearst. When he arrives, he is overwhelmed and violently beaten by Knox, Flint, Jesse, Adam, Maury and Sylar. Mohinder and Monica are forced to work for Pinehearst as Micah decrypts the hard drives. Peter's powers are suppressed by Mohinder. Daphne is ordered to kill Matt but can't go through with it. Hiro goes on a "vision quest" to understand the threats Usutu talks about. Elle loses control over her ability, and goes to Pinehearst with Claire. Monica and Micah try to sneak Peter out but are ambushed by Sylar. Elle reveals she lied and joins Sylar in his attack on the escaping four.
- Hiro's drug induced "vision quest" sends him to days after Odessa when Adam met Sylar and offered him a partnership. Despite Sylar's initial attempt to kill him, the two agree to work together. The two conspire at Pinehearst, a biotech company that Linderman and Arthur Petrelli founded to help advance Adam's plans. Adam hires Maury to reach out to Nathan as Arthur, in order to manipulate him into following their plans. Adam and Sylar track Daphne and use Maury to hire her to grab the hard drives. After Elle's fired from the Company, Sylar convinces her to join Pinehearst. After Daphne breaks the others out of Level 5, Adam and Sylar give them a chance of godhood, which they happily agree to. Adam tells them his plan to build an army of superhumans and take over the world. In the present, Hiro wakes up and realizes they must warn the others. He and Ando then discover Usutu's decapitated body before being wounded by Adam.
- Hiro teleports him and Ando back to Japan to recover. Peter, Claire, Monica and Micah warn Nathan and Tracy. Matt helps Angela and Daphne sides with the Heroes. Tracy visits Pinehearst and states that she can persuade Nathan to join provided they're given protection. Flint, Knox and Jesse try to kill Peter, Claire, Monica and Micah. Mohinder is forced to make a bioweapon that targets people through their DNA. Claire and Monica train with Howard Clarke. Peter and Nathan attempt to recruit the Haitian before being embroiled in his fight with the escaped prisoner Baron Samedi. Hiro accidentally teleports to Kansas with Matt, Daphne and Ando searching for him. Elle and Sylar go the hunt for Claire and Monica, while Knox, Flint and Jesse are ordered to kill Matt and Daphne. Elle and Sylar catch up to Claire and the others, but discover their powers are inexplicable gone. Claire is shot while Clarke gives chase. The other Heroes lose their powers.
- Monica takes Claire to a hospital but she dies from infection. Howard catches and kills Sylar. Everybody's powers return and Claire survives. Nathan and Peter help the Haitian defeat Samedi. Hiro and the others manage to evade the three. Sylar and Elle attack Claire and her family, Howard and Monica before Hiro teleports them away. Adam reveals he knows Mohinder manipulated the weapon to only temporarily disable the powers but calls it a success and moves to the final phase of testing. Nathan arrives at Pinehearst, willing to help but wants to be independent with his presidency. The Heroes begin to plan their next move with Nathan as their undercover spy. Mohinder manipulates Sylar by revealing Adam disabled his powers. Sylar kills a woman named Sue Landers for her power to detect lies. Adam tests his weapon on soldiers Tracy provided, killing them all. He has Mohinder reprogram the weapon to target the U.S. Congress.
- Adam orders Mohinder to be killed but he manages to escape. Mohinder warns the others about the weapon. Sylar confronts Monroe, who tells him the truth and renew their partnership. Nathan begins to question the very nature of their abilities. Peter leads Hiro, Monica, Nathan, Mohinder, Daphne and the Haitian in an assault on Pinehearst, while Claire, Matt, Micah, Howard, Angela, Meredith clash against Sylar and Elle at the Company headquarters. As the Heroes and Villains clash in Pinehearst, Mohinder works to deactivate the weapon. Tracy switches sides, killing Knox to save Nathan. Peter and Hiro face against Adam, managing to kill him as the Haitian blocks his powers. Sylar and Elle continue their assault, with Sylar trying to manipulate the others. Flint's flames grow out of control, killing Jesse and himself while destroying the Pinehearst labs. Howard convinces Elle to turn on Sylar and he is defeated by Claire. The group besides Meredith escape the burning headquarters. Nathan declares that people with powers are too dangerous left unchecked. Weeks later, Nathan meets with the President to discuss the potential dangers of superpowers and asks for a specialized unit to place the superhumans in a specialized facility to contain them.
submitted by MaxCross-425678
to fixingmovies [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:53 Prudent_Gain6478 Tis the truth
2023.05.29 04:53 BriBlazing Trying to get into hiking more
| || |
Had a great time the other day hiking at greenway farm. I didn’t fully finish any of the trails so I fully plan on going back to at least make it down to the water lol does anyone have any other hike recommendations?? submitted by BriBlazing to Chattanooga [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:53 CjPickleChet Over the Gap
submitted by CjPickleChet
to OCPoetry [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:53 that7343guy 21 [M4F] #DFW # relationship # friendship
Before I get started I want you to know that I live in Plano, but I'm not there at this moment. I just joined the National Guard and I've been deployed for training for about 6 months now. *I will return home at the end of June*
Now that I have that out of the way:
Hi 👋🏽. I'm a 21 year old (just turned) Hawaiian/African American. I work in sales for Pepsi, I'm a part time mechanic/soldier, and I'm currently pursuing my BS in Aviation. In my free time I like to work on computers, play video games, work out, read books, [learn to] cook, and dive. (I wanna add working on cars to my hobbie list when I get back when I get back). I'm looking for something long term, but I also don't want to put that type of pressure on anyone. Yea, everyone's looking for the love of their life, but let's not force anything and make a mistake. I'm down to hang out, go to the movies (watch the new Flash movie *tickets on me this time*), or even talk about life. I love food so anything with that's always fun. heads up I'm pretty busy durimg the days, but I'll do my best to respond to any messages as soon as I can
Thanks for reading.
submitted by that7343guy
to r4r [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:53 JustASadDude912749 This has been something out of a movie.
I'll start from the beginning of the end. I could see that, so I started hitting the gym to earn her love and attention back. I was out to see a concert, and she wasn't responding to texts, which never happened. I checked her location on snapchat and she was in the middle of nowhere at some farm. I learn the next day that she hung out with a female and male friend, and slept at the man's farm house. I promptly lose my absolute shit and she starts a "break" and backs out of vacation plans with me. Told her if anything like that happened again, it would be over.
It happened again.
I just kept giving her ultimatums of sorts and she kept promising to be better and blowing right through them. She started keeping weird secrets from me, I'd see her open messages from guys and they'd seem the last thing from platonic. Every time I saw her, all she would talk about is work and her coworkers, one in specific, which I thought was odd. She just told me not to worry, so I didn't. I loved her unconditionally and was extremely confident she'd never ever do anything to hurt me.
(I put all my happiness, self worth, everything into her and the relationship so there was no way I was following through with ultimatums and breaking up with her, I just wanted to be treated like someone she cared about and it worked a couple times to start)
anyway, we end up ending the "break" and she comes on the vacation with me. Cold as ever. I got sick on the second day and slept through the entire vacation, only woke up to see her look at me like I was a complete piece of shit. I did everything I could and pushed myself way too far even while sick, didn't seem to appreciate it though.
Leaving the airport was the last time I ever saw her. A cold wave goodbye from her. I just kinda argued with her over text for a couple weeks after that. It was the only thing that got her to speak her mind so I could know what to fix instead of being cold n silent.
she dumps me over text, I tell her to think it over, gave her some other options to work through it, and let her think. Weeks go by, then months, without her giving me an answer, just small thinks that kept me hopeful like "I think I made a mistake leaving you" and other things along those lines.
Then she posts a pic with her new man. Things sort of clicked then, from horrible things another person had said to me, "I'm glad she left you and found another man". Thought they were just talking out of their ass but no, She left me for her co-worker. Then strung me along for months.
I fucking lost it for a while there. Thank God for my fear of death and the fact I started hitting the gym a few months prior, or I don't know what I would have done. I worked out until I couldn't think, then cried, and repeated that cycle for a long while.
I'm finally getting over her, 8 months since the text and 2-3 since the post with the new guy. Every night I dream of checking her Instagram and seeing she's single, so fuck it, why not try it while I'm awake!
She's engaged, travelling the world with him.
Not sure if it's some sort of divine intervention, trying to help me get over her, but fuck. Yet another rock bottom.
Hopefully that's my lowest. Fucking crazy story. something a team of writers would create. Found that out a month ago, still hitting the gym. 6 months in consistently 6 days a week. Still dream about her every night. Sucks.
Edit: We were together 2.5 years.
submitted by JustASadDude912749
to BreakUps [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:53 SuperBankOfferMan Open Wings Acct get $300 Bonus plus $50 for referral - DD Debits REQ - Ends 5/31
submitted by SuperBankOfferMan
to CouponsKiss [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:52 KrugerKai [A3] [Recruiting] [English Speaking] Arma Fanboy Club
Group: Arma Fanboy Club Type: Casual/Semi/Serious Main Language: English Main Time Zone: EST Attendence: Not required, but of course wanted Operations: Typically Saturday's at 6:00PM EST Info: This unit used to be a group I ran where every Saturday I would run a operation based on a campaign. We typically used to have 5-10 people per operation, but the group died due to lack of participation on my part due to personal problems. I have decided to start it again. We're a casual group who has fun on Zeus missions, Antistasi, and others, however the main part are the Campaign Operations on Saturdays. The missions can be any time period, but are typically set modern day US Forces. There is no set attendence and newbies are allowed, so if a casual group is something you're interested in come join. Requirements: Arma 3 Teamspeak 3 Mic
Some low level of maturity
TFAR Beta (Will help you download Discord: https://discord.gg/NCWfKpUdCX
If you have any questions, join the Discord and ask.
submitted by KrugerKai
to FindAUnit [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:52 Dearmorgann Turned on by finishing in me...
I LOVE to be cummed in, it's such a turn on and just makes me want to go over and over... My husband and i decided on me getting my tubs tied and now it's not as exciting. I still enjoy it and want him to cum inside me (mainly my pussy). I love that later the next day, it drips out. We only really have sex at night.
How can I get the excitement back? How do I get it to drive me insane again. Was it the fact that I could get pregnant (regardless if a child was wanted or not)... Advise pleaseee.
submitted by Dearmorgann
to sex [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:52 ConsciousBerry9987 Ran the fuck out of my P30 today at Atlanta Range day. Much needed 🤝🏾
2023.05.29 04:52 chobitkyfa Took course CMSP program for 2 days . At the end of the day I failed skill riding test :(
I thought I did well the whole time until end of the day , the instructor politely told me that I didn’t pass the skill riding test . It was a shocked to me ( and my team who clearly sure I did well ) I cried a little bit in the car :( But good thing is I am allow to come back and retake a test again.
Just need to reallyyyyy practice on weaving . And that why I failed :( for going too slow and not use clutch properly.
submitted by chobitkyfa
to motorcycles [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:52 borbafett1 One of, if not the best Star Wars games of all-time (and I worked on KOTOR) but…
I had a really hard time with the dialogue and accents they used in this game. It was universe breaking and non-immersive for me. Off the top of my head, we had a female character with a southern US accent, a fish creature with a 100% Scottish accent, various characters using modern day lingo and colorful terms, and voice actor voices not matching the character they portrayed.
There were a few more examples but those were the ones that really stuck out to me. I know this sub (and rightfully so!) praises this game unapologetically, but the devs need to take a good long look at dialogue and accents they used in this game and ask themselves if what they wrote and are hearing sounds like “Star Wars.”
It’s the first time in any Star Wars film, show or game that I felt like I was experiencing “earth”, if that makes sense.
submitted by borbafett1
to StarWarsJediSurvivor [link] [comments]