My psa airlines employee login
Microsoft Flight Simulator
2019.06.11 02:58 JRock39 Microsoft Flight Simulator
Reddit's Official home for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
2015.01.07 22:08 araaara Burning Miles & Points
A place to discuss anything related to redeeming airline miles & hotel points.
2009.12.25 03:10 adamdecaf The University of Northern Iowa
The University of Northern Iowa. Please read the stickied post before posting.
2023.06.10 20:58 ncnyy Is hod’s supression even doable for me right now?
Basically: This is my first playthrough and I’ve been pretty slow at doing my missions and stuff. Currently day 25+, just unlocked disciplinary and have 2 abnos on it. The kicker is that… I have 1 employee in each team 😭, but almost all their stats are maxed out, and each of them are level 5 with HE-WAW weapons (all mid-long ranged weapons) and my star employee having Army in Black’s entire set, ego gift and all.
I’m worried because I don’t think I even have enough employees to get through meltdown level 4, let alone level 5 💀
Should i try to hire more employees before I attempt this, or just go for it? I only have like 4LOB points currently because i used some 30+ points for a disciplinary employee lmao (but she has maxed out every stat except instinct)
I also haven’t done any other supression before (I unlocked Malkuth + Yesod team’s suppression along with hod’s all on the same day) and I’m choosing hers despite the difficulty because I think having immunity to meltdowns for training & info will just handicap me instead because all my breachable/dangerous abnos are in training & control, so I can effectively ignore meltdowns that don’t really do anything. Is this a good idea, or should I just do Malkuth & Yesod’s first?
submitted by ncnyy
to LobotomyCorp [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:57 CatOnDrugs_xD Ayo Girls wallha
submitted by CatOnDrugs_xD to dankrishu [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:57 Meowfullz Orientation Question
Just got out of working in retail for a job I had for over a year, recently got hired as a tech associate here and completed all the required paperwork and background checks they sent me, but it's been over a week without a call or email in regards to even orientation, is this normal? My previous position I was called in after around 2 days but to be fair it was fairly small, just wanted to make sure I'm not making myself look like an annoyance by calling if it was the case with other employees.
submitted by Meowfullz
to Staples [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:55 CatOnDrugs_xD Ayo Girls Wallha
2023.06.10 20:53 Sp4wnE NEED HELP ASAP!
i have tiny11 and i wanna enter my xbox gamepass account but on xbox app when i say login there is a popup and goes off (i dont wanna reinstall tiny 11 with builder but if anyone help me make a custom tiny11 iso that has xbox enabled i will do (but as a last decision))
submitted by Sp4wnE
to tiny10 [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:53 AcceptablePass9911 How to tell a colleague that they have BO
A few months ago, I joined a small company. Before I joined, my department only had one other employee.
Our roles are quite similar and regularly requires us to do outdoor site inspections, sometimes together. She’s a larger individual and hence sweats quite abit when we’re out. The thing is our shared office is literally a small windowless room with only one old AC. There’s only two of us working in the room and the smell can really be quite unbearable sometimes especially since the air is stale to begin with.
I’ve tried bringing in a small desk fan/ diffuser to try and solve the problem on my own but she has said that the fan is noisy and the diffuser doesn’t really help. I don’t want to bring up to her directly because I worry that she may have some condition that she can’t help/ may feel embarrassed later. I am also not that close to her due to our difference in age and we rarely talk outside of work. My current solution is to wear a face-mask with perfume in it but it gets very stuffy.
Any ideas on how to politely broach this topic to her? Or no choice just suck thumb
submitted by AcceptablePass9911
to askSingapore [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:53 lo________________ol When leaving Reddit, don't jump from the frying pan into the fire
Preface: If you believe deleting your content is futile or bad, this post is not for you.
There is a post on privacy
encouraging people to delete their Reddit comments before they leave the platform. I stand behind this suggestion; there are tons
of threat models where purging your old online activity is legitimate.
But the suggestion to switch to Lemmy is one I take issue with. On Lemmy, deleting or even hiding your content is much more difficult
in a variety of ways.
Locally hosted content
Let's compare a single Lemmy serveinstance to Reddit.com:
- With Lemmy, when you delete a comment, the content of your comment is hidden from the public, but everything else is still publicly visible, including your username and the moment you posted. (example)
- Deleted posts and comments are not removed from the server, ever. To request deletion, you must contact the admin. (testiony)
- When you delete a post, attachments still remain. (example comment and media)
- I'm not a lawyer, so I can't even start to comment on legal responsibility of a company vs a small team of volunteers.
Lemmy doesn't just exist in a vacuum though; servers are designed to federate (mirror) content between servers (example one
). What does this mean for privacy?
- When content is "deleted" from its origin server, the deletion request is not necessarily honored on other servers (example of a deleted post from a deleted account). I don't know if this is intentional or accidental.
You've probably heard of Reddit's controversial API changes, which will require developers to pay huge sums of money to Reddit to access them. While overcharging for API access is
debatable, it demonstrates Reddit is capable of gatekeeping who access their API.
- Lemmy has no such gatekeeping: Anybody can scrape comments and posts from any Lemmy server without authentication. (documentation)
These problems can be fixed
The issues above are not
inherent to federation (two of the three sections don't mention it at all). While federation creates extra challenges, these challenges can be addressed.
For comparison, let's look at Mastodon:
- Deleted posts vanish entirely from public view
- Servers attempt to federate deletion, and in my experience on Mastodon, deletion has been swift and successful.
- Mastodon allows you to reduce post visibility upon creation in various ways, including hiding them from API-accessible "everyone" timelines.
Mastodon has had more time to mature than Lemmy. It's had more community input, and generally speaking the Mastodon community cares a lot about how their data is accessed.
Generally speaking, the discussion leans more pragmatic.
And in the spirit of pragmatism, I have a few suggestions for the Lemmy developers:
- Don't continue showing post metadata (like the username) after it's deleted
- Automatically purge "deleted" content rather than letting it sit forever
- Send a delete signal to federated servers
- Accept a delete signal from federated servers
- Purge unused media
I'm on Mastodon. If Lemmy were more like Mastodon, I'd be on Lemmy too.
And I'm hoping for the best, and keeping an eye out.
submitted by lo________________ol
to privacy [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:53 CatOnDrugs_xD Ayo girls wallha
2023.06.10 20:53 AdministrativeSet236 My mother's corrupt director at her hospital might have colluded to keep her from leaving
My mother has been working for the same hospital for the past eight years and is their most productive therapist. The director of her department is known to be corrupt, for example, when someone complained about her to HR, she had them fired.
My mother also told me a story of one of her co-workers trying to re-apply as a PRN, the therapist asked the director if it was okay, and they agreed that she would just leave and re-apply as a PRN. Later, the director blacklisted the employee from applying & even contacted other hospitals and told them about her so that they wouldn't hire her either, all because she complained about her.
This story raised a few questions because my mother had applied for the same position at another hospital nearby (her hospital has an incredibly high turnover rate), and she wasn't even considered. Because of this, it is entirely possible that her department director found out that she was applying and colluded to prevent her from leaving.
What are you guy's thoughts?
submitted by AdministrativeSet236
to careeradvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:52 SwanPutrid9127 Planning to learn nihongo
Hey ya all. Short background, im currently working as local government employee (SG11). Graduate of BS Business Ad and a fan of anime and im bored af sa office. Im planning to learn nihongo mainly to part time sana to teach japanese-english . My question. A. Will it be worth it ba? Kung may experience ka B. Do i need to enroll sa mga agencies who teach nihongo? Or is it okay to learn on my own? C. If not advisable, do you have anything na pwede na pag part time an? I kinda need more money because my baby is on his/her way. Wife doesnt have a job
submitted by SwanPutrid9127
to phcareers [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:49 IamParked Open Letter to Myatt's Fields Park Project (discrimination against volunteers)
| || | submitted by IamParked to u/IamParked [link] [comments]
To Myatt's Fields Park Project - Chair, Executives, Staff and Trustees,
when I was brought along to Myatt's by a neighbour in the summer 2022, I thought this might be a place where I can continue to heal while learning to deal with workplace related issues in a SAFE environment to re-learn getting back into work. I spent years isolated in traumatic grief and having had to look after my parents one-by-one until they deteriorated each with dementia and their own trauma and grief. Burying my dad next to my brother, never imagined I would not be able to bury my mum a few years later during the pandemic lockdown.
I thought I could get out of isolation, back into working with people in a safe place until I'm ready to get back into “proper” employment” again. I was wrong.
I have lost my family one by one over the last 8 years. My brother's death was extremely traumatic. And as this didn't seem enough for the universe, the pandemic had to hinder me burying my mum. Lost my job, am still unable to work without getting triggered of workplace bullying and anxiety attacks. Losing my mental health. Losing hope. Getting up with the end of my life on my mind and going to bed with the end of my life on my mind. Like in Ricky Gervais Netflix series “Afterlife” where he plays a widow who always keeps his “Superpower”, that if everything fails, he just skips out of life. I have nothing to lose anymore and live with my Superpower.
I made mistakes, tried to rectify it, but failed again. I understand that people everywhere are overwhelmed. Anybody's story of loss, trauma, sickness is uncomfortable for society and for people who are either healthy, in the middle of life, or successfully overcame trauma, loss and illness. And anyone who feels they dealt better with loss and trauma makes the mistake to compare themselves to other sufferers. Don't cross that line!
But the more grief and trauma one has, the more society wants them silent. I am not silent, I CAN'T be silent because of HOW everything unfolded and how I was left alone in the worst time of my life. No initial support, no help and the deep blackness of trauma. A Stern Rebuke to a charity enlisting volunteers for “Well-being”
Are you Myatt's not embarrassed and ashamed of yourselves in how you treat, not only free labour (volunteers), but volunteers with mental and physical health issues? Are you not ashamed of yourselves? NOT inducting volunteers. NOT doing health and needs checks. And then quickly fixing things after it was called out by the very volunteer who is fncked up mentally, whoom you try to get rid of, and seems to care more about safety then all of you combined!
We current and former volunteers have NO rights like paid employees have. And the Myatt's Fields Park Project has been THE WORST volunteer experience in my life. Yes, you are THE MOST generous (trips, Sunday lunch, vegetables, teaching on plants etc.) which I mentioned in my other blog. But what is that if as a volunteer I feel my dignity stepped upon and for staff to not want me to be there as it's inconvenient for them?
I have volunteered most of my life since my late teens in different countries and many different projects: working with the homeless, with the elderly in art/painting sessions in nursing homes, helping support free services (free haircuts, manicures, meals) with dignity to sex workers and their children, free clean-ups after hurricane debris and fallen trees in people's yards etc. etc. etc.
The Myatt's Fields Park Project had me so hurt at times that my mental health took a nose-dive again. And for that I suffer further discrimination as if it was my fault feeling distressed! It has led me to the decision to never ever give my free time, skill, experience ever again to any charity or general project. I've had enough after years of volunteering and the last experience with Myatt's.
Are you not ashamed of yourselves to take advantage of volunteers while your staff sit for hours every week in the office in winter or the cool depot space in summer while volunteers outside labour away in the sun, cold and rain? Some who are a little older outside, unsupervised and in danger to suffer health issues. A stroke, heart attack etc. at an higher age can happen any time! Are you paid staff members not ashamed?!
Are you not ashamed of yourselves for bad-mouthing a paid colleague and even worse some volunteers, and also bad-mouthing volunteer to other volunteers?
Are you not ashamed to rush an elderly volunteer with walking difficulties on the day-trips to the point the volunteer couldn't sleep at night for fear they'd be late for the next trip, and then tell me as a volunteer who was concerned for the person that I should relax and not take control. Or as you all knew from the beginning that I have PTSD and triggers, that if I'm triggered that I should not come to trips. Are you not ashamed? Have you read the Equality Act on dignity?
The amount of times I was hurt in my dignity and another volunteer being stressed about Fab. talking for hours with most of us sitting there bored, in silence and getting headaches from the one-man show. Are you not ashamed? Apathy on Safety Issues
When I pointed out serious health and safety concerns between summer 2022 and spring 2023:
Nails/screws sticking out of a shelf on eye-level, almost poking my eye when I put blue paper into the dispenser underneath the shelf, as we never had anything to dry our hands with and no staff member acting on these issues. Your 2 staff members (volunteer coordinator and greenhouse manager) just seeming clueless (or careless?), not even knowing where a tool box is upon request to pull the nails and screws out. Both staff who work at Myatt's one for 4 years, the other for 10 years and they tell me the don't know if Myatt's have a tool box! Me having to raise this with Tori again and bring my OWN hammer from home with the “fork” to pull out all the nails/screws in the presence of Tori.
I really did and do care that NO-ONE gets injured by things that can be avoided! You Myatt's fields executives can afford private health care, WE volunteers rely on the broken NHS if we get injured!
I am currently not even climbing a 4 step-ladder to avoid any unnecessary accidents to not have to wait 5 hours to be seen in A&E. I REALLY care that people and myself don't get hurt! Do you? Or is all this just for show to look good with the government and sponsors? For me to raise for WEEKS that there's poo smeared on the public lady's toilet wall. Raising this with Ra. as the volunteer coordinator and my direct “line manager”, who as usual just guessed that this might be under Lambeth Council, but didn't action on it whatsoever. Me not being inducted for a year
, not knowing who's who and who to report things to! Four weeks later the poo still being there and yet AGAIN going to Ra's line manager Tori to find out how this can be removed as this is not only a health risk, but plainly disgusting! Only then I was informed to pass this on to the Park Manager El. who's now also the Health and Safety Manager / interim Director.
Then it got fixed. And only then I learnt who to go to for safety issues. I could of just ignored everything like you all do! What an inconvenience I am for Myatt's. Are you not ashamed that a volunteer cared more about safety issues than staff do? Pointing out to Tori several safety issues like blocked/hidden fire extinguishers. Tori didn't seem bothered too much either and asked me what could happen fire-wise there. As I was standing next to the fridges and freezers I pointed to those and reminded Tori that Grenfell Tower fire happened from a refrigerator. Her facial expression then showed that the penny finally dropped. To have to explain to upper leadership of Myatt's that ANYTHING can happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME for ANY reason is beyond me! And the absolute MINIMUM we can do is eliminate these safety issues I mention above and below.
The kitchen oven that started the fire alarm. The following week a person from the community cooked and approached Ra. that the oven needs cleaning as it could cause a fire. Ra. just with a “shrugging-shoulder” attitude as usual saying that a professional cleaner might have to come in, and that was that. No further action or passing it on to whoever responsible to fix things. So, I passed it on again having been there the previous week when the fire alarm went off thinking they just overcooked the chicken, but now I leanrt it was due to the oven not being cleaned and covered in burnt debris. I raised this with Tori AGAIN, who to my shock then told me I shouldn't listen to the lady who cooked and raised this SERIOUS safety issue. I was shocked yet again on Myatt's apathetic attitude towards serious health and safety issues.
But as Tori saw my urgency in this, pointing out that if an EHO would visit, Myatt's would not be doing well, the Park Manager then went to work and things got fixed within short time. ONLY mentioning the government checks got the message across, NOT health and safety issues, not people potentially getting hurt. No, only government gets the message across. After everything got fixed, Myatt's then contacted Lambeth Council to do a check, and received 5 stars. Bravo! But as Fab. continued to cook despite being told not to due to poor hygiene, and me being so stupid again to raise this again, the procedure got started to get rid of me.
Let a volunteer help you put things in place that YOU Myatt's neglected, then look good in the public, and Tori leaving with a clean slate, and then get rid of me who helped you raise the standard and create a safer space for all. Are you not ashamed of yourselves?! Ra. lying across the dining room table to get a free massage from a person who occasionally volunteers but has their partner going through cancer treatment caring for family. Are you not ashamed of yourself?
Tori's words to me when I raised issues being rebuked, talked bad about, sent out as Fab. Was angry, “As long as the results come out”. In other words, as long as the mission to get vegetables and seedlings etc. to the community, you close your eyes to what your staff, especially the greenhouse manager do, no matter how upset volunteers get.
I always wondered why Fab. kept some vegetables, especially large ones out on the depot floor for weeks and weeks until they started rotting, instead of giving those to the community and/or volunteers in this cost-of-living crisis. It took me almost a year of observance that this might be because he might want to portray to Myatt's that he is “producing” vegetables, while in reality the garden outside often looked very meek.
For staff and trustees to vote to give me a letter of warning, jumping over stage 1 straight int stage 2 going against your own policy and using an “expired” (forgiven) incidence to start the procedings to get rid of me because the Health & Safety Manager was upset when I mentioned the Food Gov should I get food poisoning again. Are you not ashamed?
And then I raised a grievance on this as you went against your own policy while trying to penalise me for going agsint your policy which I didn't even know. And grievance hearing held by your new Development Manager Pat. In such a dodgy and flawed way, bombarding me with questions, some questions irrelevant to throw me off course and not get to the grievance against Myatt's itself. This was a TYPICAL toxic corporate HR hearing to protect the organisation, no matter how much the volunteer suffers. This leading me to a breakdown in the hearing as I was triggered from the workplace bullying and HR meetings I went through. The way Pat. handled the hearing was BRUTAL, cold, careless, gaslighting and flawed. No compassion from Pat. and El. the note taker who should have never been present in the meeting as she was part of the grievance. Not allowed to read and sign the hearing notes at the end of the hearing, as is usual in grievance hearings. Later that evening me contemplating to end my life and falling back into mental health problems I thought I overcame.
Are you not ashamed of yourselves?! Finally
Maybe you paid staff, executives and trustees should humble yourselves and come down from your high horse and stop pretending to have integrity and honesty “as best as possible”. You have shown no honesty and no integrity! Maybe you should reflect on HOW any volunteer might feel and what bad treatment could do to and with them mentally and physically.
I don't pretend to have integrity and honesty “as best as I can”. I HAVE integrity and honesty! I don't need to write it down anywhere because I LIVE it!
You didn't and don't deserve volunteers like me who truly CARE about safety issues and making people feel welcome. You don't deserve volunteers in general. You don't deserve free labour in your systemic attitude towards safety issues as well as volunteers with mental and/or physical health issues. You don't deserve any of us. And I and other volunteers deserve better. We already have no rights, no or little money, often no health. We scrap by financially and with health issues and hope that the little bit we give in our free time could help us heal somewhat. You should be ashamed!
I updated the ADHD vs Narcissism blog as this was a thorn in your eye even though I never mentioned Myatt's. I mention you now! The grievance hearing had me over the edge and gave me the final pain in my dignity and mental health struggles, and I will now speak openly.
I do again sincerely apologize for any mistakes and text/email I did. But I will also not continue apologizing.
I have lost everything dear and important to me. But I have not lost my voice, and will always use my voice after trying EVERYTHING internally. I am a free person as best as I can be in my anxieties, hopelessness, triggers, mental boundaries with PTSD … and I use whatever freedoms I have been granted under the law. And I will express myself, I will explain my struggles, I will share my traumas, my losses, my experiences until the last day.
2023.06.10 20:47 DRen92 Fully loaded IS 500 on the lot
Apologies to that long post.
Yesterday, I test drove the IS 500 and loved it. The car handles just like I was hoping and it’s just great quality throughout. The two new ones they had weren’t in colors that I liked but they also have one used fully loaded in atomic silver and it’s one of my preferred colors.
The used one has about 300 miles on it. It’s fully loaded with a few things I would never add to a car through financing. The carfax is clean and it was originally sold there. Based of its logs, it was sold back to Lexus on April 23rd.
The price they want is 61.9k down from the original 69k sticker price. I tried to get them to come down but they wouldn’t budge. I wouldn’t mind getting a new one at msrp and would prefer new, but because this one is already there and has less than 300 miles I’d take it. However, I was hoping they’d come down a bit or meet me in the middle but that wasn’t the case so I walked.
Part of me is wondering why they wouldn’t budge on car that’s been on the lot for so long and if the 61.9k OTD price is reasonable. If they came down to 59k or maybe 60k, I’d take it off their hands but then there’s the why has it been on the lot for so long with a clean carfax.
Based off that I was told, the car was sold to an employee that ended up changing his mind and got and RCF instead. Not sure if that matters but that’s the historical detail I was provided by the sales manager.
What are your thoughts? Would you pull the trigger on this car or would you try to get them to come down a smidge in price?
submitted by DRen92
to Lexus [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:46 AutoModerator [Genkicourses.site] ✔️Jakob Greenfeld – Scraping The Web For Fun and Profit ✔️ Full Course Download
2023.06.10 20:45 ajwells007 Washington state: Multiple contractors on same phase, same project?
Hey all, maybe a long shot here but hoping someone can point me in the right direction! My business partner and I have a partnership construction company, and we are going to begin work on an upcoming demo/ rebuild. We are not in a position to have employees, however, our friend who owns his own business and is looking for work wants to help us on this project. My business partner claims that Washington does not allow multiple contractors to work on the same phase of the same job at the same time, but after reading through some of the Washington employee regulations I think he may have just misread some of the information. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing, or can point me in the right direction. I'm planning to call the state sometime this week but also figured I'd pop on here and see what you all may have to offer. Thanks in advance!
submitted by ajwells007
to Construction [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:39 Excellent-Hamster-53 I'm NOT working & making 🤑
Hi there, I'm a German working in Germany and recent graduate from University with Master's Degree. One of the top in my class. To pay off some debt, i started working as a trainee in a lil company with around 50 employees. My plan was never to stay there. Just take the money. I was employed to work in a project for which I was not guided well by the project manager. She ended it with shouting at me for two hours about how stupid I am.. after a few weeks, I finally told the management and pointed out the the project manager attacked me personally and was not able to give me constructive feedback. Management didn't shit, but removed me from the project and just put me in another without informing much about it. New project, new people and new level of ignorance. Nobody's doing ever anything at all. Most work is unnecessary. I'm too quick at doing stuff, asking for more work...cause I'll go nuts doing nothing all day.. one colleague admitted she watched animal documentaries during the day for hours??... Somehow, me asking for more work gets me trouble.. i am giving weird feedback and again full of contradictions ..either I'm to distanced too colleagues or making too friendly? Well, that's it for me. This company sucks. They have a weird toxic work culture. I'm their diversity hire, as I was told, the only person of color... I went to my doc, gotta sick note now for a month. I get fully paid. Looking for another job to fill in for the time until I find sth interesting. Taking care of myself. Took me 3 weeks to get over the company's work culture after 4 months and feel like myself again!. I hope the doc gives me another two week is sick leave and then again two weeks and again two weeks while fully paid... gee, that's so nice! :D
submitted by Excellent-Hamster-53
to antiwork [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:39 PoopySmearedVagina Anon orders a vodka on the cocks
submitted by PoopySmearedVagina to 4chan [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:39 PoopySmearedVagina Anon orders a vodka on the cocks
2023.06.10 20:37 ThatsPartiallyRaven2 SIM Card?/Tarjeta SIM?
Hello! I am an American doing an internship in Buenos Aires for the summer as part of my grad school program - I will be here for seven more weeks. I am having trouble finding a SIM card, I've visited numerous tech stores that Google Maps says will have SIM cards...and the employees all say they don't have them. (They also say you need to bring your passport to get one.) Any tips on where one can find one in Buenos Aires would be appreciated. I am near Monserrat.
¡Hola! Soy un estadounidense que realiza una pasantía en Buenos Aires durante el verano como parte de mi programa de posgrado. Estaré aquí por siete semanas más. Tengo problemas para encontrar una tarjeta SIM, he visitado numerosas tiendas de tecnología que, según Google Maps, tendrán tarjetas SIM... y todos los empleados dicen que no las tienen. (También dicen que debe traer su pasaporte para obtener uno). Se agradecería cualquier consejo sobre dónde se puede encontrar uno en Buenos Aires. Estoy cerca de Monserrat.
submitted by ThatsPartiallyRaven2
to BuenosAires [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:34 CyberAstraa Malwarebytes issue
| || |
This is what my malware byte shows, i have formatted my pc , consulted microsoft ,They says they cannot find anything but anytime i turn on my edge and login my account in edge it shows this alert…Can someone tell me the reason. submitted by CyberAstraa to Malwarebytes [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:34 Joebear939 Update on my 1961 psa topps complete set. Final count so far 119. Only 468 to go
2023.06.10 20:33 GeoKicak Mixed Signals Ch.XI [OC?]
Louelle, Scout Specialist Technical Exterminator
Date [standardized human time]: August 31, 2136
Limna was right where I left her. She was sitting hunched over the interface of our transportation vessel, and as we entered, she twitched her ear toward us.
- His sacrifice was in vain - she said in a somber tone, her slumped posture still facing the main holo. - They won’t even look at the evidence.
Within the corner of my vision, I saw Pilipin's face return to normal. Anger slowly washed away from his features, and instead confusion began to take its place. Perplexed, he signaled me with his tail to clarify. I took the hint and pointed my claw at the screens that displayed various camera feeds, and he quickly noticed that one with the feed from the meeting room camera was dark. He was also quick to add things up, and with this new realization, a spark of resentment flashed in his eye. With one hand, Pilipin slipped off the human-made colorful attire and considered its weight.
- Well then, why won’t you look at the evidence yourself! - He shouted and flung the dream catcher away, in the general direction of the female Venlil.
The moment she recognized Pilipin's voice, Limna quickly spun around in her chair to face us. Unfortunately, the offending rag caught her by surprise as it zipped past her and, with a muffled splat, landed right next to her.
- You’re alive! But we… what is this thing? - She started asking questions as her eyes flicked from Pilipin to the prismatic garment stuck to the bottom of the screen. - What happened? - Finally, Limna asked the question that actually mattered.
- First things first. Louelle, check if you can somewhat ‘burry’ our submission, preferably deep - Pilipin ordered and pointed the main terminal with his tail.
Without further ado, I went to the ship console to unceremoniously unseat the confused civilian. Limna, sensing what I was just about to do, scooted from her seat and observed as I reviewed the last snapshot of the message resync tool.
- And you! – Pilipin caught Limna's attention once more. - You will answer a very important question.
I got myself busy checking system registers but still overheard everything they were discussing.
- What translation method have you implemented for the conversation with the savage? - he asked with the utmost self-control.
- The t-text t-translation for both sides was managed by the built-in Dict-o-box. It-t was managed by your own holopad with an updated human language library - she responded after a moment of thought. - I found out the app defaults to that option when it detects latency spikes, or in our case, when I proxied your conversation, so…
- Defaults from what – Pilipin caught a detail, and I had to stop my work to listen to Limna's answer.
- You have to understand that the conversation through the app is not E2EE – she started going more into technical details while Pilipin went back to retrieve his holopad from the cabinet. - It goes through a third party monitor, in our case, me, and an online context broker for some fancy smart functionality.
- Stuff me and hand me over to the Grays – I groaned and covered my face in my claws, shocked by the information she omitted about such a crucial component in her ‘hack’.
- Excuse me? - she asked at a loss from my reaction.
- Dealing with languages without a translation model Dict-o-box communicates with its servers to provide information to update or create that model, in response, it receives a frame of reference data – I stated the obvious. - Pilipin, do you remember the screw ups with the first Yotul recruits, sir? - I asked Pilipin as he came back with his holopad in hand. He groaned and winced as probably memories of the fuck-ups those backwater primitives caused flooded his mind.
- Well, it looks like now I’m on the opposite end of the shit sitck – he commented about his situation and motioned with his tail for Limna to come with him.
- Alright. Louelle, you do you, and Limna, you’re coming with me. As I understand it, this context translation function works fine on verbal translation implants, right? - Pilipin asked her, and I didn’t hear a yes, but right after the question, he continued. - Great, we’ll have a quick voice-to-text experiment in the back, and then, considering the output, I’ll decide what to do next - the sound of closing sleeping cabin doors was what I heard next. Right, let’s focus back on the report.
Logs cleared. Registers overridden. I left no trace of sending anything from this shuttle. Now to login with my credentials, and maybe I’ll even be able to revoke the predator attack report completely before it gets processed further down the pipeline. Where in deep hell is it? Why is there no ID with the right time signature? It was automatically rejected? Why?
I reread the automatic reply in my mind, as this was the first time I saw this kind of flag attached to a report. Now this is just treason.
The line was supposed to take into consideration all signs and reports of predatory behavior, but judging from the reply attached to it, that policy has recently changed.
"Due to the increasing amount of false positive sightings and reports of human ‘true nature’ all new submissions regarding human predatory behaviors have been temporarily suspended. We suggest rereading the ministerial pamphlet ‘Social predators and you’ on human conduct and practices or trying to consult the issue on your holopad with a dedicated human volunteer to resolve the problem."
Kicking back in the chair, I loosen up and let my mind wander. That’s one problem out of mind, but damn. You can’t even file a formal complaint against them. This is it! The conquerors must be bribing the corrupt and tricking the single-minded, if not to eat them, then surely to slowly subjugate and enslave the Venlil population.
Lost in my musings, I faintly noticed the stifled laughs and shouting coming from the cabin until the door flung open to the side.
- NO! I don’t believe it! I don’t want to! - Pilipin was shouting as he exited the small cabin, gripping his holopad tightly in his hand, while Limna giggled, her laughter emanating from the inside. Oooh, he’s really pissed.
The officer's short cut fur was standing up on its ends; you could see the gray, undyed undercoat poking from underneath. His tail was low and lashing, restlessly bouncing from end to end of the metal doorframe. Face orange with embarrassment and rage, eyes frantically looking for something to set on down finally stopped on me.
- Just... tell... me – he stated, huffing with rage. - You somehow managed to 'unexist' the report completely.
- Ye-s. It was… it has been dealt with – I replayed, not bothering to explain and enrage him further.
- Great. That’s a good thing. One good thing – he repeated, slowly cooling his emotions. - The camera room footage? - Pilipin asked while walking to my station.
Flicking the security app back to life made the feed appear on the second screen beside me… the one that got slightly obstructed by the rainbow garment stuck to its surface. NOPE! I’m not touching that. Not now, not ever.
In the room, there was a lone Sivkit in a janitor uniform, sitting in an office chair similar to the one I was in. Judging from his posture, it was evident he wasn’t cut for the job, as he was drifting into sleep from time to time, bobbing his head up and down as the urge to take a nap got the better of him.
- Competent as the pair we met before – I murmured, resisting the urge to check the clinic feed. - It seems the footage is stored locally and deletes itself after a few rotations.
Fiddling and scrolling past the system logs back by date and not finding anything older than two standard cycles confirmed my suspicions that the station had limited storage space for recordings.
- I think it’s best we leave it alone and let it remove itself. Our meddling would draw further unwanted attention – I continued my thoughts to Pilipin as he watched the substitute operator's ineptitude to do his job proficiently with visible relief.
- Alright. Let’s just hope this won’t come back and bite us in the rear - he concluded. - That leaves us with only one problem remaining – he added, leaning on the console and crossing his arms over his chest. - The one waiting for us outside.
- Oh, come on! - Limna suddenly materialized behind me, shouting her opinion. - You’re going to dump him after you get the best lick of your life only because he doesn’t fit your narrative?
Glancing at my colleague, I was certain to find him infuriated again by that statement, but instead he got lost in his reverie, brooding at her words and glancing in the direction of the bulkhead doors. You can’t be serious?!
- Well, I do have to confess that, for me, he did pass the empathy test… orally. – Pilipin then took a deep breath, probably ready to surrender further to his temptations, but instead his features suddenly changed.
It was clear as daylight that the Venlil officer had figured something out, and soon he shared his idea with newfound confidence.
- Alright, Joe said he wants some good time? I’ll show him some good time – said the trapper exterminator as a mischievous smile crept on his face. - I’ll give him the best time of his life. In return, we’ll have the opportunity to see his true colors and maybe gain access to some of the restricted data on humans.
That was a solid argument to keep the predator close despite the dangers it would carry. When working with humans at the space port, the translator's notifications were often labeled not safe for life or restricted. Some of the information that crept up during their conversations that the translator software picked up was even fully censored, or access to it was strictly denied.
- Pilipin, after all of this, do you seriously still think they are some kind of evil conquerors? - Limna asked, her shoulders slumped and her tail slightly cocked in disbelief.
- In one way or another...– he replied, and started to tap something on his holo.
A moment passed in silence as we were waiting for him to further expand on his statement. Instead, we were startled by the sound of metal scraping against metal, which was immediately followed by a loud thumping on the shuttle doors.
- The handle won’t budge! – A muffled, low growl emanated from the outside.
- Leave the handle alone! It’s for emergency use only! - shouted Pilipin, who rushed to assist by opening the door from the inside.
The officer pushed the big red button next to the entrance and almost immediately jumped away from a brown mass that assaulted him the moment they opened. I was too surprised to move, but Limna scampered back to the cabin, tripping on the raised doorstep and tumbling inside. The other thing that soon tumbled through, although through from the opposite direction, was Joe. Having the unfortunate benefit of watching all of this unfold from the comfort of a seated position, I observed the meat eater flop on top of his enormous backpack face-first.
- I suggest we tie him up for the trip – I stated my concerns as the clumsy excuse of a predator regained his composure and started lifting himself off the floor. – For safety reasons – I quickly added as Joe's gaze settled on me with killing intent.
- Is rope bondage just a big friendship bracelet for your kind, or is this just you? – Joe humored my concerns and started checking his traveling duffle, probably for any rips and tears.
- Ha hah ha! Go ahead, officer, cuff him. You’ll just get him more horny – Limna added her own criticism, peaking her ears from the cabin.
- Enough! All of you! - Pilipin ended our dispute before it would even begin and motioned with his tail for his acquaintance to come out. - Joe, this is Limna. Limna, that’s Joe.
Although I dislike being the butt of someone's jokes, the female Venlil came out relaxed from this short exchange of humor. Still, she approached with her ears perked up and pointed to the dangerous predator in front of her.
- Hi. Joseph Savage, or Joe for short – he spoke and hunched over, stretching his hand forward.
- H-h-hello. Limna... – she introduced herself in return, unsure what to do with the human appendage practically shoved in her face.
- That’s a human greeting – I threw my expertise in, probably saving her from any faux pas before she would come to any stupid conclusions... like maybe licking it. - You’re supposed to shake it.
She then proceeded to grip it with both of her hands and shake it in all directions. Close enough.
- Great, now Limna here works in the PID. She will register you with the Magestratta. For the time being, your address of permanent residence will be assigned to my flat. She will handle the required paperwork on our way back – Pilipin reviled his plan. - Just follow Limna to the cabin and be a good predator. Don’t try anything stupid, you hear? - he added, pointing his finger to the predator's face.
- Sure thing, I remember orientations. Rule 8 includes ‘no petting without consent’ – Joe apologetically replied while Limna blushed orange on her face. - Although I thought it applied to different kinds of petting.
- The… WHAT? - Limna voiced her concerns, embarrassed by the lewd definitions the translation implant bombarded her vision with.
- That’s rule 73 for you – the predator quipped, quickly blinking with one eye at the female Venlil.
The human straightened himself, looked down upon the Venlil pair in front of him, and shook his head from side to side, letting out a small chuckle.
- Before I met my chew toy here in person, I thought you just didn’t like scritches. Now I think the guidelines have more to do with you keeping your dignity and not leaving an embarrassing snail trail on every pet person's lap you meet than…
- OUT! Git! - the officer yelled, his face orange with rage and embarrassment, not wanting to hear more about the depravity of his kind. - Go and fill out the bumfodder! - He shouted, probably not wanting to face more of the predator's lewd claims.
- Alright, alright! No need to go into super cheeto mode for this – Joe quickly came back on his comedy act – Ok, let's go fill them out.
We eyed the human being led to the cabin by Limna and felt relief as we soon heard the bureaucrat's first-line support interview questions.
Seething from the insult toward their kind, Pilipin walked back to the ship doors and closed them, pushing the button with a little more force than was normally required.
- Let’s go home, Louelle – he said with a sigh. - I need a cold shower. I’m all for that, sir...
- I found an engine, yay!
- The series will continue somewhere in July under a different name. I heard there is a post for writers on this Discord app, so I'll have to check it out before committing more to it.
- I'll like to thank Quill bot for grammar checks, KoboldAI for assistance in writing, TavernAI for a place where I could talk to Pilipin, Limna, Louelle, and all the other characters, and most importantly, this NSFW community for their patience and understanding. Without your comments, I would just keep their adventures on my drive, never to be seen by anyone.
submitted by GeoKicak
to NatureOfPredatorsNSFW [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:32 meghutchh Game not saving ?
It doesn't seem like my game is saving correctly. I quit the game after meeting Lorath and going into a city. When I got back on I had to do that over again. Just now loaded after I had talked to the merchant for Loraths items but I had to get off. When I login it didn't save I had even started that mission.
edit to post I salvaged items last save and it saved that but not my mission progress .
Does the game only save at certain points?
submitted by meghutchh
to diablo4 [link] [comments]