Criminal minds season 1 episode 18
The Umbrella Academy, Netflix Show and Dark Horse Comic
2013.05.23 22:55 The Umbrella Academy, Netflix Show and Dark Horse Comic
The Umbrella Academy, now available on Netflix, is about a dysfunctional family of superheroes — The Monocle, Spaceboy, The Kraken, The Rumor, The Séance, Number Five, The Horror, and The White Violin — who work together to solve their father’s mysterious death. Based on the Dark Horse comic series by My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way, this subreddit is for discussions, pictures, drawings, cosplays, news and anything else to do with the Umbrella Academy.
2011.10.10 11:45 fromTO Mindhunter
Subreddit for the David Fincher Netflix show "Mindhunter". Synopsis: >In the late 1970s two FBI agents expand criminal science by delving into the psychology of murder and getting uneasily close to all-too-real monsters.
2008.11.15 08:52 All things Watchmen
A subreddit about Watchmen; Graphic novels, Movie, and TV series
2023.06.08 20:44 Mr_0hi0345 All chapter 4 season three teasers (images)
This ain’t in order but real question are y’all ready for this
Downtime will start at 2am EST but will be longer than usual 6-10 hours
submitted by Mr_0hi0345
to TheFortniteCreatives [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:40 findanewcompass Clone Wars first time watch - Go Ben!
Clone Wars first watch-through. I was a little too old for it when it first came out, but I've grown up to be young enough for it again.
Can I just say, Obi-Wan's fight with Maul and Savage (Sahvaaaaaaaahj) in season 5 ep 1 is incredible??? Easily my favorite fight of the entire show.
I'm biased towards Obi-Wan, he's one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars, but I felt like Clone Wars really did right by him here. He stood up to two vengeful ex-Sith on his own, the show emphasizing both Obi-Wan's power and his tactical mind. Damn it was satisfying watching him crack that knee, then take a another limb for his collection (Obi-Wan: amputator extraordinaire).
In the words of Maul: Kenobiiiiiiiii!
submitted by findanewcompass
to StarWars [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:35 polynomials Solar Cycle Complete
Hoo boy! That was long - I mean, loooooong - but well worth it.
I am kind of stunned more people have not read or even heard of this series. The Solar Cycle has to be one of the greatest works not just of sci-fi, but of all English literature, in scale and scope, the richness of the characters and the settings, the craft, creativity, and cleverness of the storytelling, the density, profundity, and wisdom of its ideas and their exploration. Yet even my most hardcore sci-fi fan friends never heard of this! I myself only discovered it because I had notion to write a story which turned out to be loosely similar in premise to BotNS, and exploring that idea is how I stumbled upon it the Wikipedia page.
What the story is about
To me this story is overall about how man strives to be better than his own nature allows - but always fails without the help of powers greater than himself. Call it divine or supernatural or merely beyond man's limited understanding but that's what the heroes of each story are calling upon to do more for people, and make them more and better than what they are. That's what the hierodules were trying to do in testing the Autarch and looking for the one to become the New Sun. It was what Silk tried to do as Calde but failed, it was what the people of Blue and Green knew they needed when they sought out Silk's semi-divine leadership.
We even saw a lesser, analogous form of it in the inhumi as they try to transcend their parasitic animal nature. They try to emulate us, but always fall short as when Jahlee gets herself killed by succumbing to the temptation to drink Nettle's blood. Its only when they get help from higher beings like Incanto and the Neighbors and psychically project that they can be what they hope to be. The inhumi are to us as we are to the angels, or as we are to the hierodules.
Knowing that Gene Wolfe was a devout Catholic, and I a Christian myself, this had a lot of meaning to me. Silk/Horn sees the inhumi much as God must see us. Inherently flawed who keep using their minds and spirits to do evil, but whom he nevertheless loves as his children, and he hopes by showing to love to them that they can be better and more like him, though it is impossible for them to really do so. Because Silk/Horn himself is only human, that is why he reaches his limit and kills Jahlee when she goes too far, but God's love is infinite, so maybe we will have a better time of it.
The Two Commandments
And so I better understand why when Severian becomes Autarch, he abolishes the torturer's guild, which I didn't really get at the time I read it. In Sword of the Lictor, he gives a long and unexpectedly defensive justification of the guild and its role in society, all of which made sense to me as I read it. And yet as one of his first acts Autarch, he abolishes it. Why? Because as the New Sun - a Christ-like figure - he knows that people will continue to do evil to each other forever if someone does not break the cycle and decide to show love and mercy, even and especially when it is not deserved. That is what Jesus taught! Not to mention, it was showing mercy at risk to his own life that began Severian on his journey!
And it is what Silk/Horn tried to do with the inhumi, what he tried to teach others. Ie, Love thy neighbor as thyself, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Or as Silk/Horn says: "Do you imagine you can be cruel without teaching others to be cruel to you? You glory in your cruelty, because you believe it shows you are master of your victim. You are not even your own."
Profoundly enough, the inhumi show us a rather literal exemplification of these rules. The Neighbors (get it? love thy neighbor!) as much as tells Silk/Horn these things when they say to him that if humans knew the truth about the inhumi, there would be no need to fear them. Which turns out to be, if humans loved their neighbors as themselves and followed the Golden Rule, the inhumi would be no threat to them. It would literally destroy the inherent evil within them, if humans could destroy the evil within themselves. But we have seen time and again that humans can't do this without divine help.
For this reason, this must have motivated the Neighbors to leave their planets, and now I think not just leave but in some way achieve a higher form, and become something like the Heirodules of New Sun. Clearly they are on the lookout for extraordinary beings like Silk/Horn (or Taal?) who might guide their people to transcend their own nature. The Neighbors are probably not merely projecting themselves to their old planets from somewhere else but no longer have a permanent corporeal form at all, I'd guess.
I also thought it was brilliant to have Hoof be the final narrator to give the matter of fact, no nonsense wrapping up of loose ends. After all the mystery and puzzle and obscurity of the preceding 12 volumes it was nice to have somebody just give it to us straight.
If I had to criticize, I would say the following. Sometimes Wolfe is a little too coy and too obscure with things, in New Sun it felt a bit self-indulgent at times. Much of the New Sun series I simply had no idea what was going on or what Wolfe was trying to get at. It was interesting to see his evolution as an author from New Sun to Long Sun, where the story is much more accessible and, frankly, human. Wolfe also has a tendency to have characters engage in extended conversations describing things we didn’t see directly, or teasing reveals endlessly. Just spit it out already! He also has a tendency to have characters wandering around not doing much for too many chapters (Auk and Chenille in the tunnels, omg).
After thinking about it overnight I'm not convinced that Blue and Green are Urth and some other planet in our system. The gravity differences would be impossible to ignore, it doesn't explain as much as I'd thought, and also the "It was Earth all along" trope is just less satisfying. The story is more interesting and profound if we are exploring beyond Earth?
- I still don't quite understand how Quetzal got onto the Whorl years before the Exodus. I understand the Neighbors put some inhumi there on the ship to see what these humans were all about - but how exactly did that happen? It seems to me that landers must have left for Blue and Green long before Long Sun begins. Is there anything we see on Blue or Green that suggests human settlements older than those founded by those leaving during Long Sun?
- Why is there an undine, Mother, on Blue? Did they stow away somehow on the Whorl, or are their devotees of Abaia and Erebus and Scylla on many planets? Is it just a sign that the evils of humanity have followed them to new worlds? And I still don't get what the deal is with Seawrack. Who is she supposed to be?
- Are the witches of the witches guild inhuma who are somehow projecting to Urth? One of the Red Sun Whorl episodes suggests that Merryn of the witches guild has some qualities similar to inhumi. ("Merryn had trouble with animals too") Or at least that the witches are in some way not entirely human. We also know that the Cumaean was a cacogen.
- I don't get the deal with the godlings or why they appeared - are they working for the Whorl gods trying to get people to worship them again? Are they something the Crew is creating to keep the population stable for their next move to another system? So maybe the Whorl was always intended to roam the universe and not just stop at the Blue/Green system?
- Is there any sign/foreshadowing that Severian encounters Silk/Horn in the New Sun books, or that some inhumi are permanently projected there? Jehangu makes a sword similar to Terminus Est when infiltrating the guild - is he maybe still there? Or perhaps any other foreshadowing that some Short Sun Whorls beings appear in Severian’s time on Urth?
- Why did Sinew and Horn fight against each other on Green? Was it because Sinew learned who Krait really was?
- Why did Silk/Horn say he felt sorry for Beroep after discussing with Hoof his dream about Scylla?
- Oreb was possessed by Scylla before Silk/Horn returned to Blue. Was Oreb possessed by any other being in the beginning of Long Sun, when Silk first attempted to sacrifice him? Does this explain why he is so intelligent and his psychic projection appears semi-human? Did we actually see what tipped off Silk/Horn that Scylla possessed Oreb?
I'm sure I'll have to read through again to answer many of these questions, which I usually never do but I am certain I will with these.
submitted by polynomials
to genewolfe [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:30 SirSignificant6576 I just binged Season One. Lots of ups and downs. Mostly ups, but still.
I had never heard of OGOA until yesterday, when I saw a Reddit link to the prologue of S1. I was immediately hooked, of course. I grew up in Alabama, descended from hillbillies from North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia. I live in north Georgia, in the shadow of the Blue Ridge. I've long thought about writing a series of stories based around Southern horror - our history is absolutely savage and soaked in gore - mixed with cosmic horror elements, so I was attracted to OGOA immediately. The Alabama version of cosmic horror would look somewhat different to this in my mind, but given my roots in the deep hollers of the Appalachians, how could I not jump all over this with both feet? So while my wife and kids were out of town last night, and I was getting some other work done, I binged Season 1 like a fiend.
Impressions and thoughts, if you're interested...
1) The narrator's accent took some getting used to. It was, at times, really broad and over the top. It may sound natural and authentically Appalachian to someone not from the region, but to my ears, it came off as hokey and a bit too on-the-nose and stereotypical. At the end of some episodes, when he turned the accent off and made podcast announcements, I actually enjoyed his voice more. But I'm very aware it was all part of the expected atmosphere and set-up, so ultimately it was a pretty minor gripe. I recognize that I tend to be sensitive about it! See also, Timothy Olyphant in "Justified." His awful accent griped at me for so long. It was Walton Goggins, who actually is Southern, who ultimately made me watch the entire series.
2) I very much enjoyed the implications of the deep lore - that the land itself (in this alternate Appalachia) is corrupted by the presence of the Old Gods, and that those who make their living off the land also make a devil's bargain - the paycheck in return for your soul and ultimately your life. It's such a good metaphor for the awfulness that those mining towns and families are still enduring. But also:
3) I have to be a bit of a geography/geology wonk here. This podcast (well, season 1, at least) is not set in the Appalachian Mountains. It's set in the Interior Plateaus to the west of the Appalachians. The Appalachian Mountains themselves do not have any significant coal-bearing strata. The two regions are even physically separated by a huge, wide valley known, appropriately, as the Great Valley. I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of high-Appalachian North Carolina mythology and folk magic, which is related to, but distinct from, coal country mythology. Again, that was a personal thing though, and ultimately did not damage my appreciation for the work. I recognize that orogeny and culture are complicated. I'm certainly not arguing that the cultures of the two regions are unrelated, or that it's "not Appalachian," or at least not derived from the same source.
4) Linguistic wonkery - I was very glad that "Appalachia" is pronounced properly. I'd expect nothing less from creators who are actually from the region, but I've been disappointed before. If it had been pronounced "App uh lay chuh" in the prologue, I likely would have turned it off and never listened again.
5) I really loved the corruption of Pastor Cletus. The fact that he was flawed and his church was ultimately corrupted into a straight up Cult of the Outer Gods, complete with blood sacrifice, without anyone realizing it, was very well done.
6) I really like my cosmic horror to be bleak, cold, and hopeless lol. I like Lovecraft's model of "the best we can hope to do is survive an encounter with the Old Gods with our sanity sort of intact." I thought season one of "True Detective" did this extremely well. The degenerate Louisiana cult was defeatable, but they were horrifically inhuman and nihilistic, and their defeat didn't really do anything to change the nebulous, reality-shattering experience of encountering Hastur's avatar in the heart of the cult's compound.
OGOA's approach of having witch bottles be effective at blocking Horned Head, and then Daughter Dooley being able to defeat it with a simple trick of blood magic, feels...not right, somehow. Confusing, I guess. It makes me wonder if there are multiple Old Gods of varying potency at play here. There's Horned Head, who seems to be an avatar of something terrible, yes, but bound by laws. Lawful Evil, if you will. Whereas there may be something else out there, exemplified by the raucous disorder of the possessed miners, the awful violence of the school house, what happened to Carol Anne and her house. Something Chaotic Evil I guess. I might be reading way too much into that.
But the ability of Horned Head to be bargained with, restrained, and ultimately defeated reminds me of a very humanistic Neil Gaiman-esque style of mythology. I guess I just like my Lovecraftian horrors to be even worse lol.
7) None of the above thoughts or critiques will stop me from listening to the rest of the podcast. And none of them should be taken seriously by anyone at all, ever. They most DEFINITELY should not stop you from listening, if you're just looking for input before you start. The story is overall superb, and it's completely unique as far as I can tell. It is well worth the time spent listening, and I want lots more.
submitted by SirSignificant6576
to OldGodsOfAppalachia [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:26 Spicye3 The Climax SMP Modded Nations Multiple Servers
The Climax SMP is a modded nations server, with a current playercount of about 46. There is one active server currently, that being our Beta Testing Server, which gets weekly wipes/updates. However on the first of July, we will be launching our Season 2 Server using the final modpack from the beta server.
We will also be launching a secondary server alongside the Season 2 server, which will be a continuous server which will not operate on a season-by-season basis. The main server will be run on Forge 1.18.2, while the secondary server will be Fabric 1.19.2.
We currently only operate on Curseforge, but are looking to expand into Modrinth
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/9hNrH4Umrx
Curseforge Page: https://legacy.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/climax-2-modpack/files/all
- to see the latest version of the modpack for the beta server, look at the latest BETA release on the page
- to see the latest version of the modpaack for the secondary server, look at the latest ALPHA release on the page
submitted by Spicye3
to MinecraftServer [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:26 PlayPUBGMobile PUBG MOBILE - COMMUNITY EVENT - Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest - FULL LEGAL RULES
PUBG MOBILE Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED WORLDWIDE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR WHERE REGISTRATION, BONDING OR LOCALIZATION REQUIRED. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS.
This Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest
(the “Contest”) is in connection with the video game PUBG MOBILE (the “Game”), and is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”), the Game’s EULA available at https://www.pubgmobile.com/terms.html
The sponsor of this Contest is ZAM Network, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company with an office at 12777 W. Jefferson Blvd – Building E, Los Angeles, CA 90066 (“ZAM” or “Sponsor”).
- Promotion Period
The Contest begins on June 8 at 12pm PDT and runs through June 21 2023 at 11:59pm PDT (the “Promotion Period
In order to be eligible, participants must be at least (whichever is higher): (i) 18 years old, or (ii) the age of majority in their state or country of their legal residence as of the date of entry, who have an active email account and Internet access. This Contest it not open to legal residents of Bangladesh, China, Colombia, Dubai, Egypt, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Quebec of Canada, Singapore, South Australia and QLD, South Korea, Turkey. Any additional eligibility requirements will be indicated in the additional terms found on the applicable Contest webpage. Persons identified as “Blocked Persons” or persons subject to applicable sanctions prohibitions, including, without limitation, those persons listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Employees of ZAM, Proxima Beta Pte. Ltd., Krafton, and their respective parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to them through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Entry Instructions
To participate in the Contest and be eligible for a potential prize, participants must complete one of the entry methods indicated on the applicable Contest webpage during the Promotion Period. One entry per individual, household and/or email address is permitted, regardless of method of entry, unless expressly set forth to the contrary in the additional terms found on the applicable Contest webpage. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email or other account needed for participation. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, programmed or robotic system or the like entry methods to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become property of ZAM and none will be acknowledged or returned.
Social Media Entry: Collect your best PUBG MOBILE content; then upload your content to social media with the hashtag #PUBGMRRDC + #CONTEST.
- Entries must be original and not violate any third-party rights, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry.
- Entries may not contain material that (a) is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law; (b) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, contractual rights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of third parties; (c) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (d) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (e) is grossly harmful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, blasphemous, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, vulgar or offensive; (f) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (g) is violent, bullying, or threatening or promotes violence, money laundering or gambling, terrorism, or actions that are threatening or disrespectful to any person or entity; (h) harms minors in any way; or (i) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Entries must follow the community guidelines and terms of service of the social media platform used for entry (where applicable).
- Participants may enter any number of times, but are only eligible to win once per week during the Contest Period.
- Sponsor may reject any entries that are found, as determined by ZAM in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules.
- Drawing; Notification of Winners
All Contest entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the Contest. A panel of judges appointed by Sponsor (“Judges'') will review the entries based on the judging criteria specified below and confirm/select the number of Contest winners as indicated on the Contest Page. The Judge's determination of the Contest winners is final and binding, subject to the below.
Creativity: Creativity of the designs.
Originality: The uniqueness of the entry.
Popularity: The amount of social media interaction (e.g., likes and reposts) a post gets.
Each winner will receive the prize below. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except at the sole option of ZAM, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all income or other taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. ZAM will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. ZAM will use all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes in a timely fashion.
5 winners will each win UC valued at US$100
- Intellectual Property
- Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Sponsor’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. If an entrant is selected as a winner, instead of the license granted above, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry, relevant information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant, its employees or personnel, or any other third party to be confidential, and that the entry, materials and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third-party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning entry, and entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
- Except to the extent prohibited by law, entrants waive the benefit of any “moral rights” or “droit moral” or similar rights in any country to any content that they upload, submit or otherwise provide to Sponsor associated with the Contest (“Entrant Content”). In addition, when an entrant creates, appears in, uploads, or posts Entrant Content, that entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, license, with the right to sublicense, to such entrant’s name, likeness, and voice, including in connection with commercial or sponsored content. This means, among other things, that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its business partners if such entrant’s name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the game or any related services, or on one of Sponsor’s business partner’s platforms.
In the event of a dispute as to any participant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. ZAM will make final determination of identity of participants and timing of entries in its sole discretion.
- Additional Conditions
ZAM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, if in ZAM’s opinion (a) the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within ZAM’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond ZAM’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, in all instances without liability to the participants. ZAM also reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner, as determined by ZAM, in its sole discretion.
- List of Winner(s)
Individuals may request the name of the winners by emailing Sponsor at [email protected]
with the subject line: “Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest
Winners List”, within 90 days from the end of the Contest.
- Personal Information
- Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability. ZAM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CONTEST ENTITIES, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS UTILIZED FOR THE CONTEST, AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/CONTEST AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a choosing from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold ZAM and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (a) any condition caused by events beyond ZAM’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (b) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you consent to the use of your name, photograph, likeness, voice, opinions, information, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true), hometown and jurisdiction of residence for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in ZAM’s newsletters, social media accounts and affiliated websites and the applicable Contest webpage, without further compensation.
- Governing Law
These Official Rules, and any action related thereto, will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law and the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 15 “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and ZAM are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California and you and ZAM each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
- Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or participation in the Contest (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and ZAM agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Official Rules, and that you and ZAM are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Official Rules.
- Exceptions. As limited exceptions to Section 15(a) above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights.
- Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Official Rules. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and we won’t seek to recover the administration and arbitrator fees we are responsible for paying, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
- Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in 13(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND ZAM AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ Dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section shall be null and void.
- Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 15(f) (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Official Rules will still apply.
- Languages. These Official Rules may be made in multiple language versions. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
- Country Specific Notices.
- If any provision of these Official Rules is invalid under the law, rules, or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted.
- No Affiliation with Social Media Channels.
For any feedback or questions regarding these Official Rules, the Contest, winners, or prizes, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: [email protected]
submitted by PlayPUBGMobile
to PUBGMobile [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:26 ShopFair4632 “wE dIdNt TaKe aNy pHoToS @ sChEaNa’S wEdDiNg”
I know people are underwhelmed by the “big reveal” but the more I reflect on it the more diabolical Sandoval appears and I’m SO glad she confirmed (even though we all assumed most of it)
1) Sandoval having the audacity to use the lack of photos taken at Scheana’s wedding as an example of their faltering relationship and lack of quality time in his convo with Ariana in episode 14 is some of the most INSANE gaslighting I’ve ever seen since he was off banging Rachel MULTIPLE times during that trip
2) she says they hooked up the FIRST night in Mexico aka the night that Ariana and James got into it aka aka welcome dinner eve and she kissed Schwartz the next day.
Tom was definitely behind Raquel’s confessionals later on where she talked about how she thinks she and Schwartz could be something and how heartbreaking it is to hear him say they don’t have chemistry.
3) I also bet he was behind her confronting Katie about it MULTIPLE times to make sure it remained a storyline throughout the season. That explains why Raquel looks like a deer in headlights when she goes into the Sur alley in ep 14 and seems like someone with zero ability to read a social situation. She was just doing what Tom told her to do and he knew there needed to be a scene on that storyline in the finale to keep the heat off him until after the reunion
4) we now know Tom had Raquel over while Ariana was at her grandmother’s funeral and they slept together but this is also when Tom went to THE FERTILITY SPECIALIST and now he has the GALL to say he was trying to break up with Ariana the whole time????
In sum, thank you Raquel because we didn’t say it but now we said it
submitted by ShopFair4632
to Vanderpumpaholics [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:26 Thinhhdk (pdx203) Android System Webview keeps stopping everytime I update LinageOS
This strange problem is driving me nuts
When i upgraded from lineage-20.0-20230525-nightly-pdx203-signed.zip to lineage-20.0-20230601-nightly-pdx203-signed.zip using the built-in updater it works fine, but after updating "Android System Webview keeps stopping" keeps appearing randomly, I tried everything, from force stopping the app to clear cache, clear data, the error still remains, after wiping the phone and installing lineage-20.0-20230601-nightly-pdx203-signed.zip the problem is gone, but my data is gone too and it takes a long time for me to resetup my phone.
Fast forward to a few hours ago i upgraded from lineage-20.0-20230601-nightly-pdx203-signed.zip to lineage-20.0-20230608-nightly-pdx203-signed.zip using the built-in updater again, and the "Android System Webview keeps stopping" problem happens again.
But after switching the boot slot back to (a) the lineage-20.0-20230601-nightly-pdx203-signed.zip one the problem is gone and my phone works like normal
My phone have "Magisk-v26.1.zip" and "MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230408_162909.zip" installed, although i have root i don't think that it is the cause of the problem
Here is my list of installed modules: Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.4.0 by kdrag0n Sound Enhancement Xperia 10 and Dolby Atmos Xperia 1 II v6.18 by Ryuki the Fixer Shamiko v0.7.3 by LSPosed Developers Magisk Bootloop Protector v1.8.1 by HuskyDG Isodrive 1.2 by Marcel Alexandru Nitan Heimdall for Android NDK v2.0.2 by JonesqPacMan F-Droid Privileged Extension 2021-07-21 by Ryaniskira ADB & Fastboot for Android NDK 1.0.41 by osm0sis & Surge1223 @ xda-developers
submitted by Thinhhdk
to LineageOS [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:25 IASIPxIASIP There is one more mysterious door in Charlie's apartment - In Season 1 Episode 4 it was slightly open
2023.06.08 20:23 Dobbyfan9 S2ep4 - Was Augusta really teasing Charlotte about you know who?
Hehehe something for the hp fans. It sounds like some of us are rewatching season 2 coincidentally. Awesome! Another excuse to nerd out about details which have no significance whatsoever. Work, bye bye.....Count me in guys!
In the garden party scene, when Charlotte is helping Augusta re-tie her stays (?), I have always assumed Augusta was teasing Charlotte about Col Lennox, pretty straightforward. But in my last rewatching of the scene, I started wondering if Augusta was actually really teasing Charlotte about Xander. Clues -
- Augusta is a smart cookie. She couldnt have missed the sparks flying between Charlotte and Xander at the picnic, I mean, even Leo sees it. Yes, Augusta is in the self-absorbed teen phase, but she knows.
- The lengthy pause between "thinks you pretty" and "Col lennox". I like thinking there is an additional teasing element here because she knows Charlotte would assume she was talking about her uncle.
- Smile Augusta gives Charlotte with the "i cant tell" line, and the acceptance in Charlottes smile in response.
- Augusta looks upset after Charlotte misses Xanders shot. Because she knows whats going on and has received a mild confirmation about Charlottes regard towards her uncle.
- Lets not forget Augustas line about Charlottes "spell on" Xander in the next episode (within a few days of the garden party). Augusta def was aware of something brewing between these two. I mean how could she not!
In conclusion, i think this is the first time Augusta is teasing her governess about Xander (and not lennox) and Charlotte is confirming Augusta's observations/suspicions.
Did you all have the same interpretation from the get go? Am I being the obtuse one by realizing this so late in the game? Or am i reading too much into it? What do you think?
submitted by Dobbyfan9
to Sanditon [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:23 hyperjengirl (Ep 5 and 6) But like... what did you guys expect, really?
Okay swatting at a hornet's nest but I need to stop this attitude before it gets out of hand.
I'm seeing people get so heated about the love triangle stuff with Harriet/JFK/Joan. I've seen people take their anger out on Harriet and say this somehow solidifies her as a "bad character." I've seen people absolutely crestfallen at JoanFK having any sort of conflict.
And I'm just sitting here like... what did you guys expect?
For one, Joan and JFK originated as a last-minute plot twist ship. They had a couple episodes of buildup at the prom but Joan wasn't into him until he gave her one speech. Before that, JFK was as horny and sexist to her as he was any other girl (there's the John D'arc episode but that was mostly a gay joke), and only came around when he started to respect how confident Joan was. Joan and JFK hooking up was meant to shock the audience, and even that could easily be read as Joan being in an emotional low point and going for the first guy who was nice to her, even if he was mostly known for being a jerk before then.
Even in Season 2, Joan is hesitant to start dating JFK, even though he's developed as a character to be nicer. By episode 2 she still has feelings for Abe... which makes sense! She's carried a torch for him for years and even though it's been annoying as hell, it's hard to unlearn. Joan and JFK were never going to be uncomplicated and Joan's attraction to him honestly seems to be more about the popularity and sex she's getting than JFK as a person. Most scenes of them together have been making out and then when actual romantic gestures appear, Joan panics about being too strongly associated with him. She likes him and thinks he's sweet but I don't think she's in love with him. JFK is clearly enamored with her, but she's also the first girl he's ever tried to see in a humanizing light, so he's very attached to her like a lapdog cuz he needs constant validation that he's a strong, likable man (that's why he used to hook up with women all the time). He's genuinely sweet to her but he's new to genuine dating and might be smothering her. Of course I could be reading to into this but I need some way to justify JFK's sudden turn in characterization.
So that brings us to Harriet. Like many other characters, she dreams of success and living up to her clonemother's legacy, but maintaining an upbeat attitude and pleasing people along the way. She likes JFK's acting and is probably also drawn to his popularity and handsomeness, like the rest of the school. It makes sense for her to be into JFK, and it's a totally common plot point in teen shows (you know, the thing Clone High was designed to parody, because it's a parody show) for the best friend to hook up with the boyfriend. The fact it doesn't actually go anywhere is probably meant to subvert those expectations. JFK liking her back makes sense because.... well, look at Season 1 JFK. He was a serial cheater, and again, old habits unfortunately die hard. The fact he thinks he's into Harriet so quickly makes me wonder if he's conflating love with sex now, as he used to dedicate himself to constant sex but now dedicates himself to constant love.
So to see people act like JoanFK is some infallible ship and hate on Harriet.... you guys know the show you're watching, right? You can get attached to the characters but you can't expect JoanFK to just coast through with no conflicts when the cracks have been showing literally every episode so far. From their POV, they slept together the day before Season 2 started, so their relationship is rocky and there's a lot of pressure on them now as a popular couple. Also, it's Clone High, and the main ships will always be roped into stereotypical melodrama cuz that's the tone of the show.
And to hate on Harriet for this... look there's good criticisms to be made about the new clones, i.e. disliking their designs or feeling like they should be exaggerated more for comedy. But to hate on Harriet cuz she got in the way of your ship? That's so petty, and if you don't blame JFK for his behavior either then it just seems like bias against the new character. (Though honestly for some reason in plots like this, people are always way harder on the girl than the guy who actually cheated... hmmmm.)
TL;DR: You can like JoanFK but don't get pissed that the show isn't the type to let a ship exist without constant drama and please be reasonable and don't throw a pissy fit acting like this is a Personal Attack because it doesn't match the JoanFK that existed on Twitter and TikTok three years ago. And don't get mad at characters for ruining your ship, that's so middle school.
submitted by hyperjengirl
to clonehigh [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:21 IamNateDavis A topic versus a story
If you're coming to narrative podcasting from a journalism, academic, or science background, this may be an especially helpful distinction to mull over as you work on individual episodes whole seasons, or even just a show description.
Here are some example topics that relate to my life:
- Wildfires in the American West
- The Bay Area housing shortage
- Disordered eating/body image among endurance athletes
If we think about our four fundamental story elements (character, setting, conflict, and resolution), those topics
above are basically just the setting for a story. But who are the characters? What exactly is the conflict? And how will it resolve?
Now here are stories
derived from those topics:
- The Garcia family's battle against their insurance company, and trying to restart their business, after their restaurant burned down in the Tubbs fire in 2017.
- My journey to the underworld: hacking the mortgage system as a self-employed single person hellbent on homeownership.
- All forked up: a food and training memoir from the brutally weight-shaving world of bike racing.
So if you have a topic in mind, try to clarify your four story elements, and you'll be on your way to a great story.
submitted by IamNateDavis
to narrativepodcasts [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:20 troysnew Comprehensive List of Changes I would like to see before Season 1.
As an avid gamer and dedicated member of this community, I've been fortunate enough to delve deep into this enthralling game, relishing the experiences, adventures, and intricate game mechanics that Blizzard thoughtfully crafted. Currently playing as a level 75 rogue, and coordinating closely with my guild mates, we represent all of the classes, from level 70s to 80s.
I want to begin by acknowledging the fantastic work Blizzard has done thus far. Despite a few server issues and minor bugs, which are inevitable given the complexity of game development, the overall quality, enjoyment, and immersion that the game provides is truly exceptional. The gameplay is captivating, the lore engaging, and the design exquisite. I'm having a blast, and I'm truly appreciative of the talent and dedication that has been put into creating this experience.
Drawing upon my insights from countless hours of gameplay, extensive collaborations with my guild, and my enthusiasm for the potential of this game, I've compiled a list of suggestions that I believe could further enrich our experiences. These suggestions are grounded in the philosophy of "low effort, high return," aimed to boost the game's functionality and immersive qualities, without overtaxing your development resources.
These are not criticisms, rather, they are contributions from passionate gamers who wish to contribute to the ongoing success and evolution of this game we have all come to love. I genuinely believe that these additions and tweaks could bolster the enjoyment and satisfaction of players and solidify a promising future for the game as we approach the start of season one. 1. Inventory Management:
2. On-Character Storage:
- Implement a "search" feature as soon as possible to facilitate finding specific items.
- The search should include any text within the time (name, stat, ability, etc.)
- Add a similar search feature to the skills and paragon board to reduce time wasted when searching for the next skill to specialize into. The current tag search feature does not meet user needs.
3. Nightmare / Dungeons:
- Implement a "gem bag" for separate storage of gems. Space is limited and these take up almost 1/3 of characters slots.
- Increase the size of the "aspect bag" from 2 rows to at least 3 rows, to be consistent with the size of other storage units.
- Segregate consumables from non-stackable keys. (Or remove key drops and replace with the equivalent powder to craft your own. Reduce the powder return on salvaged keys to 1/10th the key cost so a person is required to run dungeons to get more)
4. Storage Capabilities:
- Enhance keys by adding a feature to display whether a dungeon has been completed.
- Introduce a shift-click function to a key to display its corresponding location on the map.
- Include a searchable map feature and in-game map overlay. (This should have been day 1)
- Address issue where dungeons do not consistently mark objective locations (e.g., Travel to the Shaman's Lair).
- Fix pin lines' functionality within dungeons.
- Add “Dungeon Complete” where the quest info is when the dungeon is completed. (Lots of dungeons just abruptly end and I’m not sure if its done or not without looking at the map)
5. Gold Generation:
- Increase storage capacity beyond the current limit of 4 slots. The inventory management in this game makes me not want to play.
- Explore the option of selling premium bag slots in the shop, similar to the Path of Exile (POE) model. Examples include a Gem bag, Aspect Bag, Nightmare Dungeon Bag, and Consumable Bag, with premium features like crafting or unlimited slots for Potions, Aspects, etc..)
6. Loot Usage:
- Rebalance gold drops and item sell/breakdown rates, so players don't have to choose between breaking down gear or looting to sell. Possible solutions include significantly increasing end-game gold drops or significantly decreasing prices. (Players should be able to break down all items and sustain gold off gold drops. Feels bad to have to choose or to have to pick up everything just to get money which is gone after a few rolls.
- Address issue of world bosses not dropping enough gold, especially the gold world boss.
7. Missing Game Features:
- Improve the usefulness of gems. Consider a system like in Diablo 3 where upgrading many gems adds stats to gear.
8. Vendor Loot:
- Include iconic Diablo elements like the cow level or gold dungeon.
9. Player Stats:
- Review balance of vendor loot. Consider if obtaining "Best in Slot" items or close to from a vendor is too easy or undermines the looting and crafting system. Maybe vendor loot should stop at Sacred.
10. Player Specifications:
- Include command features for statistics, such as /played /deaths etc.
11. Dungeon Functionality:
- Implement dual or multiple specs system, allowing players to easily switch between different build configurations, similar to World of Warcraft: Wrath or Diablo 3. Make it a 1 time cost per spec slot so you can freely switch between each. Maybe 1 million gold per spec up to 4.
12. Loot Filter:
- Review dungeon objectives and enemy balance. Players prefer more straightforward objectives and enemy variety. (I have completed every dungeon and there are only like 4 different objects mixed in. Need more variety or NO variety at all. I just want a good old fashion D3 or POE experience where I kill X that spawns a boss to kill or can just b-line the boss and kill. The objectives get old REALLY FAST. (Get rid of kill all enemies, I hate that.)
- Consider a mob counter feature (e.g., POE Greater than 50 mobs).
- Show a "COMPLETED" sign when the dungeon is complete (Also listed above).
- Allow items dropped in a group to be account-bound and tradable within the group for X amount of time like every other game.
- Address issue with "missed animus". These need a larger radius. I miss animus and have to back track too much.
13. Aspect Extraction Cost:
- Include a configurable option for what to display on the screen. There are already an option for sounds, should extend this to hide or show.
- Review aspect extraction cost, particularly for items of the same tier. It makes little sense that the same aspect with the same rolls cost more based on the gear level.
15. Cellars and Renown:
- Add a feature to display reroll options like Diablo 3. I have no idea what I am gambling on. This is a must have.
16. Map Features:
- Review the purpose of cellars, which currently do not contribute to renown. These should give at minimum 10-20 renown. Grinding renown has been a daunting task and not very fun.
17. Achievement Notifications:
- Make the map searchable and allow for custom permanent markers for Points of Interest.
18. Mount Mechanics:
- Improve the visibility and accessibility of achievement notifications. If someone gets an achievement and it shows up in chat, I should be able to click that and see what the achievement and rewards are.
19. Experience Gain:
- Improve horse speed and movement consistency, particularly with terrain interaction. (Horse is way to slow and clunky)
- Rebalance leveling speed and experience gain in various dungeon types. You shouldn’t be grinding to 100 on standard dungeons over Nightmare dungeons. The harder content should reward significantly more experience just like Diablo 3, PoE or any other modern ARPG.
- Implement scaling level caps based on World Tier. (My suggestions below)
· WT1: 50 · WT2: 50 · WT3: 70 · WT4: 80 . WT4: All Events like Hell Tide, legions, world bosses should have full scaling
Reddit, please feel free to continue to add to these suggests.
submitted by troysnew
to diablo4 [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:20 jimbobbypaul Ranking the Top 131 FBS Programs of the Last 40 Years: 78. Navy
Main hub thread with the full 131 rankings
Anchors aweigh, my boys, anchors aweigh
Farewell to foreign shores, we sail at break of day, of day
Through our last night ashore, drink to the foam
Until we meet once more, here's wishing you a happy voyage home
Navy is one of the oldest football programs in the country, having fielded their first team in 1879. With that comes a history of excellence, as it should with the Navy, who as a program is top 25 in all-time wins for FBS schools, has 2 Heisman winners, and a national title in 1926. Quarterback Roger Staubach, known as “Captain America”, was the winner of the 1963 Heisman and is an NFL Hall of Famer, the only QB in history to achieve both feats.
Best Seasons and Highlights
1. 2015: 19. Navy: 11-2 (25.276) 2. 2019: 19. Navy: 11-2 (24.894) 3. 2009: 28. Navy: 10-4 (13.712) 4. 1996: 28. Navy: 9-3 (8.642) 5. 2013: 42. Navy: 9-4 (7.584) 6. 2004: 31. Navy: 10-2 (6.282) 7. 2010: 41. Navy: 9-4 (4.625) 8. 2016: 47. Navy: 9-5 (3.576) 9. 2008: 44. Navy: 8-5 (3.107) 10. 2006: 42. Navy: 9-4 (2.051) 11. 2014: 53. Navy: 8-5 (-0.393) 12. 2005: 45. Navy: 8-4 (-2.572) 13. 1997: 51. Navy: 7-4 (-3.492) 14. 2007: 57. Navy: 8-5 (-4.937) 15. 2012: 61. Navy: 8-5 (-5.454) 16. 2003: 62. Navy: 8-5 (-7.845) 17. 2017: 64. Navy: 7-7 (-9.488) 18. 1984: 62. Navy: 4-6-1 (-12.294) 19. 1985: 59. Navy: 4-7 (-16.923) 20. 2011: 78. Navy: 5-7 (-18.345) 21. 1995: 67. Navy: 5-6 (-20.772) 22. 1999: 77. Navy: 5-7 (-22.534) 23. 2021: 93. Navy: 4-8 (-24.879) 24. 1990: 83. Navy: 5-6 (-25.375) 25. 2022: 101. Navy: 4-8 (-25.436) 26. 1993: 90. Navy: 4-7 (-34.187) 27. 2020: 111. Navy: 3-7 (-34.632) 28. 1998: 92. Navy: 3-8 (-36.294) 29. 1989: 85. Navy: 3-8 (-36.349) 30. 1983: 92. Navy: 3-8 (-38.305) 31. 1988: 90. Navy: 3-8 (-38.616) 32. 2018: 110. Navy: 3-10 (-42.027) 33. 1994: 93. Navy: 3-8 (-43.185) 34. 1986: 97. Navy: 3-8 (-46.615) 35. 2002: 109. Navy: 2-10 (-51.419) 36. 1987: 99. Navy: 2-9 (-52.186) 37. 1992: 100. Navy: 1-10 (-54.324) 38. 2000: 108. Navy: 1-10 (-56.258) 39. 1991: 105. Navy: 1-10 (-56.694) 40. 2001: 114. Navy: 0-10 (-60.702) Overall Score: 11207 (78th)
- 220-256-1 record
- 0 conference titles
- 9-7 bowl record
- 2 consensus All-Americans
- 8 NFL players drafted
No conference titles? Navy’s bad! Kidding of course, they didn’t have a chance to win any as an independent until 2015 when they joined the AAC. As you can see on the list above, Navy’s clearly had some bad years, with a whopping 14 seasons of 3 or less wins. To make up for it, they’ve achieved some remarkable highs for a service academy, with 11 finishes inside my top 50. A 10-2 season in 2004 narrowly misses out on Navy’s top 5 seasons because of their 107th ranked strength of schedule that year. Despite some remarkable QB play in recent years from Keenan Reynolds and Malcolm Perry, the 2 consensus All-Americans are both from RB Napoleon McCallum in 1983 and 1985, who finished 6th and 7th in Heisman voting in those years, respectively. Speaking of Keenan Reynolds, he set the NCAA career record for rushing TDs in 2015, accumulating 88 in his 4 year career.
Top 5 Seasons Worst Season: 2001 (0-10 overall, Independent)
Navy gets a pass for 2001. 2 weeks into the season, the September 15th game against Northwestern was cancelled shortly after the 9/11 attacks. The Army-Navy game was more than a game this year, with President George W. Bush taking part in the on-field coin toss. Army prevailed 26-17 on the day. Navy LB Brian Stann ribbed that Navy only got pregame visits from President Bush and Senator John McCain, while Army received an impassioned speech from General Norman Schwarzkopf. The game finished off a stressful year for Navy, who fired head coach Charlie Weatherbie after an 0-7 start. On-field lows were a 7-70 loss to Georgia Tech, a loss to 3-9 Tulane, and of course the Army-Navy Game. Navy hired Paul Johnson for 2002, who’d turn around the program for good. If you’re an MMA fan, you probably recognize Brian Stann who I quoted above. Stann went on to become a successful UFC fighter and commentator, joining Fox Sports after his retirement from MMA in 2013. 5. 2013 (9-4 overall, Independent)
A season with many highs. A 3-1 start included a 41-35 win over Indiana and 28-10 over Air Force. After losing 2 straight to strong Duke and Toledo teams, Navy went 5-1 the rest of the regular season, only losing 34-38 to a Notre Dame team that finished in the top 25. Wins included 24-21 over Pitt, 58-52 in 3OT over a San Jose State team coming off an 11-2 year, and 34-7 in the Army-Navy Game. A perfect ground game of 366 rushing yards against Middle Tennessee in the bowl led to a 24-6 win to finish 9-4 in Navy’s second to last season as an Independent. QB Keenan Reynolds (more on him later) threw for 1000+ yards with 8 TD 2 INT, but most importantly ran for 1346 yards and 31 TD, setting an NCAA record for rushing TDs in a season by a QB. Reynolds also ran for 7 TD against San Jose State, an NCAA record. Outside of Reynolds, longtime New England Patriots long snapper Joe Cardona was also on this team, and didn’t have a bad snap all season long. 4. 1996 (9-3 overall, Independent)
Even for as bad as 2001 was, Charlie Weatherbie’s teams had their moments. A 5-1 start featured 3 wins over Power 6 teams: 10-6 over Rutgers, 64-27 over Duke, and 47-18 over Wake Forest. That set up a Shamrock Classic game in Ireland between Navy and Notre Dame. A 54-27 win for Notre Dame set a record for the longest winning streak over an annual opponent at 33 games. Unfazed, Navy won 3 more straight including a nice 36-26 win over Georgia Tech in Atlanta. But even so, Weatherbie’s teams…left a lot to be desired. Navy watched their 21-3 lead over Army evaporate by the end of the game, stopped at the goal line twice for a 28-24 Army victory. To be fair, this was one of Army’s best teams of the past few decades, and they finished ranked #25. Navy rebounded to beat Steve Mariucci’s Cal team in the Aloha Bowl 42-38 to finish 9-3. Navy OC Paul Johnson left to become Georgia Southern’s head coach, and would go on to perfect the triple option at Navy from 2002-07 and institute it at Georgia Tech from 2008-18. WR LeBron Butts (no relation to the basketball player) had 14 catches for 179 yards and 2 TD. 3. 2009 (10-4 overall, Independent)
Oh look, one of my all time favorite players, QB Ricky Dobbs. Dobbs was a steady work horse all season. He only averaged 3.6 yards per carry, but had the 3rd most carries in the nation with 315 and ran for 1203 yards with an NCAA QB record 27 TD. The record wouldn’t be broken until 2013 by Navy’s own Keenan Reynolds. Dobbs led a steady offense combined with a great defense (19.4 PPG allowed), leading to Navy’s 2nd double digit win season since 1905. Navy had a chance to tie #6 Ohio State with 2 minutes left, but their 2 point conversion attempt was returned by OSU for 2 pts themselves, making the final score 27-31. A 14-27 loss two weeks later to Pitt turned out to be another quality loss, with Pitt going on to finish 10-3 and #15. A 10-4 final record included wins such as 16-13 over 8-5 Air Force, 38-35 over 8-5 SMU, 13-10 over Wake Forest, 17-3 over Army, 35-13 in the bowl over 8-5 Missouri, and the pièce de résistance, 23-21 over #19 Notre Dame in South Bend. Previously on a 43-year losing streak to the Irish heading into 2007, this was now the 2nd time in 3 years Navy had beaten Notre Dame, previously unthinkable. 2. 2019 (11-2 overall, 7-1 American)
After Keenan Reynolds left for the NFL, the QB position had big shoes to fill. Following a stopgap 9-5 record in 2016, 2017 arrived. Zach Abey took the majority of snaps, but Malcolm Perry was too talented to keep off the field, far and away the best athlete on the team. Perry had a monstrous year with 9 starts at slot back and 3 at QB, rushing for 1182 yards and 11 TD on 8.6(!) YPC, and was the team’s 2nd leading receiver with 13 catches for 303 yards and 2 TD. Perry started 5 games at QB in 2018, but dealt with injuries en route to a 3-10 season. That led to a mysterious 2019, with Navy picked 5th in the 6-team AAC West Division.
A 2-1 start showed potential, with a 42-10 win over East Carolina and close 23-35 loss to one of the conference favorites in Memphis. A 34-25 win over an Air Force team that would finish 11-2 showed Navy was back to their winning ways, with a real chance at a bowl as long as Perry stayed healthy. Navy reeled off blowout win after blowout win, eventually getting up to #23 before losing to #16 Notre Dame 20-52. Now at 7-2, Navy still had a shot at making the AAC title game. Perry showed up big against #25 SMU, rushing for 195 yards and throwing for 162 in a 35-28 win. After beating Houston 56-41, Navy just needed Memphis to drop one game, but the Tigers won out to make the AAC title game at 11-1. Navy played Army in the last game as usual, and Perry WENT NUCLEAR. He didn’t throw a single pass, rushing for 304 yards on 29 carries with 2 TD in a 31-7 win. In the bowl against 8-4 Kansas State, Perry again went for 200+ on the ground, winning 20-17 on a last second FG. Navy finished the year #20 in the country.
Perry went off all year long, winning AAC Offensive POTY with 1084 passing yards 7 TD 3 INT with 2017 rushing yards and 21 TD on 6.8 YPC. Perry legitimately was one of the quickest athletes in the country, if you watch his highlights he looks like a quicker but slower Kyler Murray. Because of this he was drafted in the 7th round by the Miami Dolphins as a WR, and has caught 9 passes for 92 yards and 1 TD in the NFL. 1. 2015 (11-2 overall, 7-1 American)
2015 was a magical year not just for Navy fans, but for college football fans following Navy. QB Keenan Reynolds was the darling of football, and went down as arguably the greatest option QB in college football history. Reynolds became one of football’s biggest stories as Navy kept winning throughout the year, starting 9-1 with wins such as 33-11 over 8-6 Air Force, 29-17 over 8-5 USF, and 45-20 over #13 Memphis. Navy got as high as #15 in the nation and was one of the favorites to earn the Group of 5’s spot in a New Years 6 bowl. After a loss to Houston the dream ended, but they still had the Army-Navy game to tend to. The game earned its biggest rating this century with a 5.1 overnight, mostly due to Reynolds’ star power. Reynolds finished 5th in Heisman voting, and when he wasn’t invited to the ceremony, people protested and lobbied for changing the invitation rules. A 44-28 win in the bowl over 8-4 Pitt capped Navy’s first ever 11 win season, and their highest finish in over 50 years at #18.
Navy announced the retirement of Reynolds’ #19 jersey after the season, joining a short list of Roger Staubach (12), Joe Bellino (27), and Napoleon McCallum (30). Navy’s 36 wins in Reynolds’ 4 years tied the class of 1909 for the most ever by a 4-year Navy squad. Reynolds finished as the NCAA’s all-time leading rushing TD leader with 88. In 2015 he threw for 1203 yards 8 TD 1 INT with 1373 rushing yards and 24 TD. This was the 3rd straight season he finished top 5 in rushing TDs in the country. He earned 3rd Team All-American status, won the AAC Offensive POTY, and won the James E. Sullivan Award given to the most outstanding collegiate or Olympic athlete in the United States. After the season, he was drafted in the 6th round by the Baltimore Ravens, the first Navy QB drafted since Roger Staubach in 1964.
What do you remember about Keenan Reynolds and that 2015 season? How about Malcolm Perry? Who was the better passer, runner, and overall player between the two? Is Reynolds the greatest option QB of all time, even over Tommie Frazier? What other Navy moments/games/plays/players do you remember? How does Navy look to fare in the upcoming seasons? Does Ken Niumatalolo get enough credit in the college football media for what he’s done at Navy? What else is on your mind about Navy? If you appreciate the effort, please consider subscribing on substack!
submitted by jimbobbypaul
to CFB [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:19 TFermTheDoggy Vernacular Season 1 - Episode 2
Hello everyone, and welcome to Vernacular UHC Season 1! Vernacular is a reddit recorded round organized by PresidentFleb. Every season of Vernacular is based around scenarios corresponding with a specific letter of the alphabet, just like the old recorded round Alphabetrum (without all the issues that round had). The letter we will be using for this season is the letter A.
For our first season, it will be Rigged Teams of 3.
The scenarios for the season were:
Enjoy the season!
- Anonymous: Players are all disguised under an anonymous skin and IGN, meaning players will not know who they see or who they are fighting.
- Astrophobia: Meteors fall from the world creating craters and exploding the world. It will leave holes in the earth and occasionally there will be 2 gold or a diamond left in the crater. The creepers are now supercharged creepers. If a player kills one, there is a possibility to receive their spawn egg. The skeletons are armored “aliens” and will shoot their "lasers" which deal more damage.
|Position ||Player ||Team Color ||Cause ||Episode/Link |
|30th ||??? ||??? ||??? ||2 |
- Intro: Lighte
- Renders: Brodator
- Logo: ShyGus
- Host: TheSlimeBrother (Elysium)
submitted by TFermTheDoggy
to ultrahardcore [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:19 jamiestar9 The day the geriatric millennials all broke down
2023.06.08 20:17 Sub2PewDiePie8173 Since Hank was released, shouldn’t there be a special quest to win 15 battles?
2023.06.08 20:11 Professional_Disk131 Citech (CSE: CTTT) (OTC: CTTTF) Promising New Tech Company
| || | submitted by Professional_Disk131 to trakstocks [link] [comments]
https://preview.redd.it/kn86pwgu1u4b1.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=68e7420ad177652d4b04fd47601434d8b9dbe635 CiTech (Critical Infrastructure Technologies)
(CSE: CTTT) (OTC: CTTTF). The company’s lead product set is a range of rapidly deployable, high-capacity communications platforms called the NEXUS 16. The shares listed in late February 2023.
https://preview.redd.it/9fsc2fbx1u4b1.jpg?width=1397&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=65abdbf42ce62b2431db0263d5e465d81bcf297d Upon completing the rollout of its technology, CTTT aims to become an established player in the high-capacity mobile and rapidly deployable markets, delivering long-range communications systems into those places where they are most critically needed.
https://preview.redd.it/4mlhe1sn4u4b1.jpg?width=514&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a4311d0da6d2d4307ae16550c9fa4b643cd51100 Let’s use North American forest fires as the current major disaster and then outline the unparalleled relevance of CTTT’s amazing communications technology.
CTTT anticipates expanding its business by combining quick-return sales with annuity-based easing to the blue-chip resource, defence, and government sectors. (CSE). Here is CiTech’s LinkedIn page
One large new fire was reported in New Jersey. Nationally, seven large fires have burned 66,209 acres in six states. Since January 1, 18,403 wildfires have burned 518,698 acres across the United States. These numbers are slightly below the 10-year average of 21,908 wildfires and 1,016,684 acres burned.
As well, Canada is on track for its worst-ever year of wildfire destruction as warm and dry conditions are forecast to persist through to the end of the summer after an unprecedented start to the fire season.
For a map of North American dates upuntil midday June 6th, click here.
It is horrifying. The bravery of these fire fighters is virtually peerless.
CiTech has a direct and critical response to disasters with it’s NEXUS 16 comminications tower. Arguably, the first loss in a disaster is critical comunications systems and infrastructure. You’ll likey agree these amazing products have a place in just about evert town on earth and the quick ability to deploy.
Once communications are lost, the solar powered, self contained NEXUS can be deployed and restore communications in 30 minute. 30 minutes
. Dwell on that for a moment. For all investors—and everyone else—the NEXUS 16 has a minimal environmental impact. The device, with a small equipment room is solar powered, does not need a level base and uses very little diesel. No specialised training or operators are required.
"We can get an entire town back on the air again, in 30 minutes without anything other than a truck that can move it," CiTech's engineer Andrew Hill said, "We found a way to build a room which could house the technology that phone companies need or mining companies need, or emergency services need or more importantly defence needs as well."
The enclosed article
exemplifies the salient points in this article and the expanding awareness of the importance and compelling nature of the Company’s technology.
It would be ghoulish to identify CiTech as a proxy for disaster. Instead we should identify as a proxy for safety, help for those in the disaster zone and the lives saved.
Estimates (so far) USD1.79 billion merely to restore Ukraine’s communications infrastructure, the potential of quick deployment is obvious, whether Ukraine, raging bush fires or a weather disaster to name a very, very few.
Talks with supplying Ukraine are ongoing. The U.S., Latvian and Ukrainian governments have expressed an interest in the product, according to CiTech Chief Executive Brenton Scott.
Unlike a lot of tech companies, CiTech is relatively simple to understand. Proprietary technology to restore communication in a remote area, disaster—natural and manmade—and in a conflict such as the Ukraine conflict. Need a clear definition? “The Nexus 16 a 20ft container sized, technology-agnostic platform that supports a walk-in equipment room, batteries, solar arrays, and generators along with a 16m folding tower. Able to be transported to site on any truck that can take a standard 20ft container, the Nexis 16 can unload itself, adapt to sloping or uneven ground and then deploy 16m cyclone rated tower. - All within 30 minutes.”
By all measure, patient investors can get in on the ground floor and be part of a technology that saves land, property, and more importantly, lives.
2023.06.08 20:06 humanarystew83 Cloud City Realistic RP QBCore Davidscloud RolePlay Non-Whitelisted Active Staff FREQUENT UPDATES
: Davidscloud is a long-standing gaming community that believes in creating a place for all gamers to get together and enjoy playing various games together without worry of pay-to-win spoiling the enjoyment. Our community is friendly and works together to achieve a place everyone can find something to enjoy. Cloud City is a community of mature roleplayers who are looking to recruit other like-minded adults for some drama-free, action/comedy-rich roleplay. We have a special place in our hearts for people that are brand new to GTA RP. We’ve all been there ourselves, and know it can be hard to take that leap. We could be your first home, or your new one! Here, you’ll find a fully developed city with all the bells and whistles, with more on the way. Come join us, and see what all the fun is about! Features
: Something for everyone! -Fleshed out discord for members to hang out and communicate outside of roleplay. -QBCore framework -Actual custom content/scripts (written and actively worked on by our team). -Active Development with daily updates and planned DLCs -18+ populated city with men and women, at all hours of the day and night. Members from multiple continents. Drama and Greifer free, no shit lording tolerated. -200+ Imported Cars, 1500+ imported clothing items (Non-Esl) -Buy and customize your own house -Own/Stock/Price items at your own store -Available activities include restaurants, paintball, hunting, gambling, fishing, trucking, and more for civilian RP. Many more activities are coming in planned DLC's! -Hiring citizens for Local PD, State PD, Judges, Lawyers, Car Dealer, the highest paying jobs in the city -Unlimited business potentials! -Criminals can rob convenience stores, NPC's, Jewelry Stores and Banks. They can also start their own Gangs/Criminal Organizations -You can find and craft items and weapons at locations all across the State -You can find, cultivate, process and sell Weed, Coke, Meth, Heroin, Vicodin, LSD! -You can chop cars for useful and valuable parts! -A 30-day daily rewards system that rewards money, weapons, and vehicles -Free Casino spins every 24 hours for a chance to win casino chips, money, and vehicles, if you're lucky How to get started
: Join the fun! 1.) FiveM Server Address: Search “Cloud City RP” in FiveM and connect. No whitelist application needed. 2.) Join us on Discord at: https://discord.gg/wDPY5yr
submitted by humanarystew83
to FiveMRPServers [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:06 http_401 Reporting back after watching the show
I posted some weeks ago asking if TLK had any "likable" characters since I didn't want to get invested in a show that was just people I hated, as seems to be the norm with "prestige TV". Plenty of posts encouraged me, so I watched the whole series and the movie over the last month. Some posts asked me to report back after watching, so here I am.
And indeed there were plenty of likable characters! Some easy to like, others I had to work a little harder. And there were some I just didn't like from beginning to end, like Brida. I had no idea she was going to end up a full-on villain later, but from like episode 2 of season 1 I was hoping a stray arrow would write her out of the show.
Uhtred certainly pissed me off sometimes, but I was pretty well always on his side. The only time I really rolled my eyes was his last scene with Brida, still wanting to make up. After what she did to his son. If one of my dad's exes ever cuts my balls off and he wants to to get back together with her, we will have words. Strong words. Uhtred should have put her head on a spike and spit on it.
Over all, I really enjoyed the show. It was well written and acted and shot. They could have spent a bit more on hair and makeup, though, so the characters didn't look exactly the same decade after decade. The only one who aged convincingly was Edward with that beard. Some episodes and plot lines dragged and seemed like filler, but it was rare. And I was a big fan of how each season had resolution. They all left things open for another season, but had it gotten unexpectedly canceled after any of the seasons, I feel like the way each ended would have been enough closure for me to feel it was time well spent. No cheesy cliffhangers unresolved for the ages.
I also watched Seven Kings Must Die, and I kinda wish I hadn't. Æthelstan going all dark side for some dick squandered all the good will I had for the character, and as with Brida I felt Uhtred was way too quick to forgive and bend the knee. The movie didn't really add anything to the story for me, if anything taking away since it crafted a sadder future than I imagined. If I go back and rewatch later, it will just be the show. I'll skip the movie.
Anyway, there's my report as a TLK virgin who knew nothing about any of it except it had something to do with vikings. I appreciate the sub offering me insight and encouragement when I was on the fence about watching it. It was definitely one of the best series I have watched and it stuck the landing as few do. Thanks!
submitted by http_401
to TheLastKingdom [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:02 UnDead_Ted Our Daily Bread Thursday, June 8th 2023
| || | submitted by UnDead_Ted to TheDailyDose [link] [comments]
Everyday Verse Romans 5:3-4 AMP
- And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance; and endurance, proven character (spiritual maturity); and proven character, hope and confident assurance [of eternal salvation].
- And not only that, but we also boast in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
- Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.
- And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope
- We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
What does IT mean?
Paul is describing some of the benefits for those who, by faith in Christ, have been justified and made right before God with our sins forgiven. These benefits are only available to believers—the "we" Paul uses here indicates saved Christians, not the entire human race. So far, Paul has shown that we live in a state of being at peace with God forever, no longer in danger of receiving His angry justice for our now-forgiven sin. Also, by faith, we have obtained access to God's grace and are even now receiving it. Finally, we have joy that comes from having the absolutely sure hope of experiencing the glory of God for eternity.
In this verse, Paul points to a benefit of salvation we experience immediately. For those in Christ, our suffering matters
. It counts for something. For those who die without Christ, suffering is merely suffering. It is pain and loss and frustration, resulting in no particular benefit, and coming to no resolution. For those in Christ, however, suffering has a point, since we're destined for something higher. It accomplishes great good in us, in fact.
Of course, this teaching also implies that Christians still suffer on this side of eternity. Being in Christ does not end our personal, temporary suffering on earth. That suffering does, however, produce something Paul here calls "endurance," which itself produces other powerful, positive characteristics in us. Endurance is the ability to keep going when we feel like stopping, as long distance runners train themselves to do. In this context, endurance is about our ability to trust God for longer stretches of time and through greater degrees of difficulty. Suffering, in other words, is an opportunity to trust God at a deeper level through harder stuff.
James introduced his letter with this exact idea when he said, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness" (James 1:2–3
Paul and James both see this reality as reason for rejoicing. They understand "rejoicing" to be a choice we make to declare even our hardest circumstances as God's good for us, in the sense that He is calling us closer, and to trust in Him more deeply.
Verse Image Verse of the day 06/08/2023
Read Today's Scripture: Romans 5:1–5
Insight: The New Testament reveals much about the Holy Spirit. When we repent and receive Jesus as our Savior, God gifts us with the Spirit (Acts 2:38). Through Him, God pours His love into our hearts (Romans 5:5). In this way, our bodies become the Holy Spirit’s temple and He lives in us (1 Corinthians 6:19). The Spirit gives us love, joy, peace (Galatians 5:22), encouragement (Acts 9:31), and hope (Romans 15:13). He also teaches us and guides us. Jesus told His disciples, “The Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26; see 15:26). The Spirit enables us, like Peter, to speak boldly about Christ (Acts 4:8). He also warns us (20:23) and gives us spiritual gifts (Hebrews 2:4). The Spirit of truth, our Advocate, is with us forever (John 14:16–17).
By: Alyson Kieda
The memories flooded back when I rustled through some envelopes and glimpsed a sticker that said, “I’ve had an eye test.” In my mind I saw my four-year-old son proudly wearing the sticker after enduring stinging eyedrops. Because of weak eye muscles, he had to wear a patch for hours each day over his strong eye—thereby forcing the weaker eye to develop. He also needed surgery. He met these challenges one by one, looking to us as his parents for comfort and depending on God with childlike faith. Through these challenges he developed resilience.
People who endure trials and suffering are often changed by the experience. But the apostle Paul went further and said to “glory in our sufferings” because through them we develop perseverance. With perseverance comes character; and with character, hope (Romans 5:3–4
). Paul certainly knew trials—not only shipwrecks but imprisonment for his faith. Yet he wrote to the believers in Rome that “hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit” (v. 5
). The apostle recognized that God’s Spirit keeps our hope in Jesus alive when we put our trust in Him.
Whatever hardships you face, know that God will pour out His grace and mercy on you. He loves you.
How have trials and challenges actually helped you trust God more?
- Ex - When I face trouble I don't know how it'll turn out, but this enables me to trust God getting me through them cause He knows exactly what I need in every situation.
How could you commit yourself to His care in what you currently face?
- Ex - Right now, in my current season, each issue that arises, I'll take it to Him, and let Him straiten in out for me.
For further study, read A Better Way to Live.
- Ever-loving God, You promise that You’ll never leave me. Help me to hold on to Your promises even when I’m struggling.
2023.06.08 19:57 Narimantooo Newbie here