How to crochet water bottle holder
The Best Water Bottle.
2013.08.13 06:58 MoonBasic The Best Water Bottle.
A place for Nalgene water bottle users to share their gear, discuss, and ask questions!
2015.04.05 04:52 StillFreeAudioTwo Drinking water and other fun things
Welcome to DrinkingLiquid! The place where you can post and see pics of people drinking things. Mainly water. Water. Other liquids are allowed, including but not limited to: Juice, Milk, Soda, Tea, Coffee, Alcohol, Sarsparillas and whatever else you enjoy drinking! The reason this can't be called DrinkingWater is that it already exists, so don't ask.
2015.08.27 04:59 Ace_of_Clubs Waterfilter (Just realizing now that it is not actually a filter, more of just a water fountain)
Do you ever get curious about how many people actually fill their water bottle up at water fountains? Well some have trackers and we track those trackers! (Just realizing now that it is not actually a filter, more of just a water fountain)
2023.06.05 06:28 Wild-Tea-9242 My (Late) Thoughts on FP. 248 (Demeter, my beloved 😍)
So we see the inside of Apollo's mind for once. He's an antagonist and this should've happened a long time ago. I know some of my fellow critics were displeased with how it seemed to frame him in a sympathetic light, however I think that was unintentional and that Rachel, as always, can never get the tone right. It's why so many people found the rape scene from season one ambiguous, I mean it's undoubtedly rape but you can't be sure if Apollo was using his powers to brainwash her or not which should not be the case. Things that need to be clarified aren't clarified and she can't execute the show don't tell rule very well. Anyway, Apollo rambles in his head as Artemis shouts at him, explaining his motives to make Olympus a better place by replacing Zeus, he thinks he can make it a paradise, but then the girl he victimized comes along and ruins it for him because he made the "mistake" of thinking she liked him like all the other sycophants. The point he's making basically is that his encountering Persephone is what could potentially mess up his near-future plans of becoming a great ruler, because what he did will always follow him and smear his reputation as the perfect king he wants to be. We all know Apollo is...Apollo, so we do not feel bad for him of course but it is interesting to finally see how he feels about everything. He was, no is, very stupid and so narcissistic that he thought any woman would want him and he coerced a tired and naive girl to sleep with him, and that is his own fault. In fact, he definitely wouldn't make a great king, Olympus doesn't need another ruler that hardly respects women and even victimized them, but in his own delusions he puts himself on a pedestal. But the point isn't to make us feel bad, it's to show us what drives the villain to do villain things. My only complaint is that it truly is taking too long to show us what will happen.
Anyways. After that, Demeter and Persephone have a talk right after therapy. I've seen many negative thoughts about this. Yes, we all know Persephone has some accountability for how fucked her relationship with her mom is, she's a bad daughter who expects her parent to agree with every shitty decision she makes. I mean, let's not forget how her first thought after being freed from the banishment wasn't to look for her mother, but to make living arrangements and get cozy with the man she knew for a month. She's only just now asking her mom what's happened while they were separated. However!! I'm truly so happy that they had a heart to heart. Demeter looks so beautiful and elegant in this episode, and we see her open up to Persephone and apologize for the toxic intervention. The Webtoon commenting fans still weren't pleased, but honest to God, I don't take them seriously at all, they have their own parental trauma they're projecting and a very strong, even slightly misogynist I might add, bias. I've seen people saying Demeter should be paired with Apollo and they should both fuck off out the story together as a shitty couple, which is fifty shades of fucked up to me, because how are you going to equate Demeter with her daughter's rapist AND say they deserve each other?? She would fucking maul Apollo for what he did to Persephone. This just reminded me that she doesn't know and that's crazy that everyone knows except her lmao. The man Persephone got to know for a month before the banishment gets to know but not her mother.
Okay so apparently wine leaks from Dio's pores. Very gross. I've seen people say that, 1, since he's a child it should initially be grape juice, otherwise he could suck his thumb and get drunk, and while I know he's a god and probably exempt from that, I agree that it doesnt make sense for the child to be this heavily associated with alcohol before he even knows what it is let alone is old enough to consume it. 2, why is he sweating it? I agree with this because his clothes would get damp so often. I mean, if there's so much that Demeter can tell it's wine, that's gotta be really gross?? It would be one thing if he cried wine or grape juice, or even just smelled like it, or better yet, he just turn water into grape juice/wine by touching it? Heck, he could grow grape Vines in his hair the same way Persephone grows flowers in her hair. Anything but sweating wine from his pores, ffs. Anyways, as always, the art is wonky at times and Persephone is obnoxious and never subject to any blame. But at least we got to see Demeter.
submitted by Wild-Tea-9242
to UnpopularLoreOlympus [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:28 Hardwayaround4me Forever Road
Since I cant speak to the human being this is intended for, then why not post here, because honestly your still a ghost, I have tied souls with but you purposely stay out of reach, out of sight, and just far enough away to where I am not sure if I heard the words or not.
Can we be real? Can we be honest? Can we sit and look at the moon and stars like we did camping sit next to a cozy fire and just talk until we cant? Please...
Did you bring me back here only to hurt me one last time? honestly? I am not here to hurt you whatsoever. I am not here to blame or attack or accuse or anything. I am here to talk. Are you willing to talk back to me? I guess we will see.
I just read a post saying "I am insane" and it read that if if I forgive you that proves the insanity? Huh?
well spank my ass and call me insane then, because Ive wanted nothing but to talk to you. Its to far gone? You wouldn't be here if that were the case and neither would I. You say I have your love, or I'm sparking it again? Do you feel that you do not own mine? I understand that's a loaded question with my prior actions that i had had. But you know what i mean gorgeous, and I think you know what I am saying. I don't know if you have been able to forgive me, but I know I have forgiven you, things like hurt and pain still linger yes but that's because your not present making new love and memories together with me.
Love is not always pretty or easy or even right sometimes i guess. I wont make excuses for my actions any longer, you have shown me how wrong and hurtful that is, honestly i don't even know when i started being that person, I am forever sorry. I realize that Ill never be able to erase your pain that I caused, just like you wont ever be able to erase mine, but I promise you i can make so many more great ones together that one day you wont have time to or space to remember those because of them being topped with new ones each and everyday. You know we both took each other for granted in ways here and there, and I know my legs are still wobbly at times, but that doesn't mean the lesson haunt been learned,you cant see everything what my heart has learned, just like I cant yours. Life has taught us both some very valuable lessons in the last year. You know we are very much alike but yet very unique in how we go about things think of things just everything but at the same time the 2 seem to blend harmoniously together like notes on a piano. You were right in something else i read earlier, for whatever reason we gravitate, even when we were children, its a unique like marker in universe. I am amazed by it, you seem to have a closer understanding of it, and of course you would I mean your you ;) and I mean that in a very respectful amazing way. I don't know how I could ever explain myself or justify that I was real, and what I did was deep rooted in bigger issues I was destroying myself with, and consciously I never once meant any hurt or disrespect or anything short of the pure and deep love I have for you G.
I know you tell me I have a silver tongue, and I strongly disagree. When I speak to you, idk I let go, I speak from inside a lot of times without any filter, and I would have to think that's very clear by the number if mistakes, incomplete, random, misspelled or strong things I random always seem to blurt out at you. I talk to you or fight with you in my head constantly as you well know. I am not a well spoken on nearly as much as I would like to be, like you blow me out of the water IMO idk i just don't do that there for i don't see it. It how you make the inside of me feel.
I will say this again, you know this could all be just a big joke on me ya know. I see things i feel your trying to subliminally change that you don't like even today, like smoking. And I see things that honestly bring me to tears because I am so moved by the words and the feelings behind them i am scared they may not be real or for me or ya know ill see the NAW and i think oh great it was just a lie to draw me in and hurt me, ya know? But here I am putting myself out there as real as I personally can be in this platform. I don't convey myself well at this imo, vs irl. Anyways I'm leaving myself open for potential more, because what else can I do? I mean I've already got trouble coming on me for trying a different approach. But I am doing this because its worth it G, no other reason your worth it we are worth it... but also, how does one expect forgiveness if they aren't forgiving themselves. I mean really? how could I sit here and feel any other way, actually i wouldn't sit here, i wouldn't hurt, or cry, or feel how we both do if I didn't forgive you or didn't love you in the deepest of ways or try or feel anything if I did not, and the same goes for you also. I can not begin to say how you may feel from the past. regardless there is apparently a pretty amazing base / foundation we have built because its weathered some amazing shiz.??? I can only captivate your heart from this point forward and you with mine. I have never felt stronger or more certain about anything than I do about you. I will not hurt you ever, I will not let you go ever. I would love to prove it to you everyday for the rest of my life G. I understand and am willing to rebuild our trust, our friendship, our love in whatever order it takes. I will do whatever it takes just as you would. And if this get me heartbroken or hurt more that's OK, as long as you hear what my heart is screaming for you to hear. its worth it. Even at this moment you literally bring a smile to my face, and look what we've gone thru up to this point, instant smile, instant ease, instant love. instant forgiveness.
Do not play the crazy card my dear old friend, that doesn't fly with me never has never will i have never had a single problem with you or any of your friends in fact Ive loved everyone of them except one, the one that gets up and leaves in the middle of the night and I wake up without you. butt head. Do you honestly think I'm going to like yell or scream or spit on you? drool possibly but full on llama spit lol no. I would serious snatch you up in the biggest most soulful hug and not let you go. seriously plan sometime for that hug. because 5 minutes isn't going to cover it, not even close maybe bring a snack or something lol. Well that is ya know if you can stomach to be in the same room as me. I am sorry I let you down, it wont happen again. I am not going to lose again I will not go back there, ya know so if you want it its right here waiting for you it truly is. And I promise I will make every single moment worth it, I give you my word my heart my everything on that statement you will not regret it single day, I don't know how I know this, i don't know how it is I can feel this, but I do, and that's why I am here, and that is why these words say what they do. I love you...
submitted by Hardwayaround4me
to UnsentLettersSent [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:26 EternalButEphemeral Tales from Tertium: Granny
Traitor Captain Ingvar was not known for being conciliatory. To the pathetic, mewling Dregs with their lackluster discipline, he was short-tempered and violent; he killed them as casually as Commissar Candlewick had killed his own comrades at the front. Candlewick, who was still alive and would remain so for as long as his cursing and sobbing amused Ingvar. To his own Scabs, the Captain was short-tempered and demanding. The front must advance. Even at terrible cost, because it had to. It had to fast.
But to Granny, Ingvar was conciliatory. Here, in the ritual chambers where she called Beasts of Nurgle from the warp, her power was unmatched. A one-time water storage silo, now knee-deep in grey sludge that writhed with yellow pustules. The vast agitation array, a three pronged beater in the center that circulated the water, was gummed in place, with tendrils stretching up the hundred meters towards the ceiling. In this room was only poxwalkers and Granny, and now Ingvar. And Ingvar, like everyone else, feared her.
“We need more Beasts of Nurgle. The front is stalled,” he spat his words, forcing them through the ragged, lumpen masses in his throat. His jaundiced skin was pallid as Granny’s ponderous bulk was rotated. “We need linebreakers for the enemy armour. We need them soon.”
Granny had been one of his soldiers once, a dangerous and competent woman. Now, her obscene bulk was carried by a dozen poxwalkers who obeyed her unspoken commands. Poxwalkers near her acted as her hands and eyes in terrible summoning rituals, and carried her wretched frame around. Poxwalkers who, in a unified, choral voice, spoke her words for her.
“Grandfather is displeased, Ingvar,” they sing-songed, white eyes blank and lips drawn back from their decaying, blackened teeth. “His beloved pets die pointlessly at the hands of the Inquisition. How can you not deal with just a few Loyalist dogs? How can you let his sweet beasts be slain? Grandfather is disappointed in you, and Grandfather’s disappointment sadness me greatly…”
The single awful mouth that split Granny’s body through the middle and earned her that terrible nickname parted enough to reveal the milky gums, the jagged triangular teeth. The barbed tongue within ran out to trace across the grotesque, ribbed lips that had once been Granny’s ribcage. Saliva oozed out, yellow and white. The heavy nostrils that had once been his subordinate’s head exhaled and the breath reeked of a decay that even Ingvar struggled to stand before. His eyes watered as he lowered his gaze, unable to look at the deformity that was once a human.
Other Captains had died demanding things of Granny. But more than other Captains, Ingvar understood the timetables involved.
“Granny,” he said, a rough hacking cough ejecting one of the nodules that grew inside his throat. It would regrow soon, but he could speak faster for a bit. “We must. The Cicatrix Maledictum only slows Astropathic messaging from Atoma. It does not stop them. We are on a timetable. We must overcome the defenders before greater reinforcements can be mustered. We must control the world before they can arrive.”
The lips closed, pursed in a grotesque mockery of thinking. Ingvar was not sure if she still thought. Ingvar was not sure if anything was still human about her, with how generously Nurgle had blessed her. A flabby arm dangled from the corner of her maw, and every now and then it clawed at the rest of the body in desperate tearing motions that peeled away layers of skin.
Ingvar hoped there was nothing human left in her.
“Grandfather,” the poxwalkers mumbled. “Thinks you do not need his pets for this. Unleash the Plague Ogryn. Send forth the Chaos Spawn. Spare his darlings.”
Ingvar, more than other Captains, hated Beasts of Nurgle. And he hated them because he understood them. “We cannot spare them from their joy,” he wheezed. The reek of her breath made his blisters swell and ooze, made his perpetual fever burn hotter. His joints ached. “They love their play. Let them chase tanks. Let them play with Loyalist dogs and gift them Nurgle’s blessings. If they die, they die doing what they love.”
The poxwalkers in the ritual chamber all turned to look at him, all stopped moving at once. His fingers twitched with the urge to go for his shotgun. He could not swallow past the dryness and lumps in his throat.
“…Grandfather agrees with you,” they hissed. “He wishes to see them caper. He wishes to see them play. I will do the rituals. But know this: I see your heart, Captain Ingvar. Grandfather loves and forgives. But he demands. Go. Oversee operations from Magistrati Oubliette TM8-707. Only your personal skills,” the poxwalkers paused and, grotesquely, seemed to snicker. Their bony, starved bodies shuddered in a mockery of laughter, their rictus-grin faces managing nothing like a smile. “Can oversee this zone. Grandfather commands it through his Grand Maw.”
Captain Ingvar bowed and backed away slowly, hand still twitching with the urge to grip his shotgun. The twitching did not stop when he left the room… rather, he drew the weapon once he was out of sight of her, finding comfort in having the power to kill back in his hands. A Dreg from his retinue approached and opened his mouth to ask an insipid question. Ingvar reassured himself of his power to kill with one quick blast into the useless Dreg’s torso.
“Alert the Major,” he snapped to his Lieutenant, voice growing stronger as the scent of Granny’s breath receded behind him. “Granny will do the rituals, and I am to take charge of TM8-707.”
“Grandfather favours you! That is a guarded and favorable position,” the Lieutenant added.
Ingvar kept the shotgun in his hands. He did not feel the power of life and death in them, even as he looked down at the rancid gore of the dead Scab’s ribs. Ribs that bowed inward around ruined organs Like a cage.
Or like teeth.
submitted by EternalButEphemeral
to DarkTide [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:24 heleney1 Help keeping a rose alive for a brown thumb
I was given an Athena rose over the weekend. It was one of those ones where the roots are packed in little chips and I had to soak it to get them off. I've planted the rose in a pot in potting mix for roses.
Now I have no idea what to do. Will the frost kill it? I'm from Canberra and it's getting very cold in the mornings.
How often do I water it? Fertiliser?
Every plant I've owned has died. Even the succulents.
submitted by heleney1
to GardeningAustralia [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:22 Coffee_spitter AITA for planning a different trip after already agreeing to go on one with in-laws?
So I (24F) and my husband (24M) just had a baby a few months ago. We live across the country so we don’t see family much. Most of the time, we come to them because my family can’t afford to come out here and his family, its hard to find time in their work schedules. Well, we planned a trip for an upcoming holiday and already booked the Airbnb for the entire family. It took some digging to find one available and it was pretty expensive, but we divided the costs for each person.
Well a few weeks ago, MIL came to visit. She was making very passive comments about my parenting skills and she bought formula for our son knowing that he’s only breastfed. Everything we give to him (breastmilk, pacifiers, bottles, diapers, soaps, lotions, etc.) works well and he’s had 0 issues but she spent her own time and money shopping for a whole new set it items. Literally trying to replace everything we have for him. I told her to return the things because we won’t use them but she said “just in case! Trust me!” Mind you he’s 7mo. Not a newborn. So we obviously know what works now.
2 days after she left, she sent us a text offering to babysit the baby for a week every couple months so we could have a break and he could bond. She would even pay for his missed daycare and plane tickets. I said absolutely not. He’s never spent more than 4 hours away from me. He still spends half the day nursing on breast. Am I supposed to send a week’s worth of breastmilk across the country? Nope. Formula obviously.
After that conversation, I decided that I was going to take the baby and myself to go visit my parents instead. My husband wants to spend time with his family that he never sees so that’s understandable. He thinks I’m in the right, as do my parents, but MIL has been talking about how backstabbing and awful I am to DH’s siblings and SIL. I don’t talk to them really so I don’t know what they think tbh.
I didn’t ask for a refund on my portion of the Airbnb to not cause drama and am trying to work it where they will see baby at least a full day of their trip, I don’t want to punish the masses but I really cannot be around MIL without my anxiety shooting through the roof. I will have to sit in another room otherwise dread, panic, and anger will fill my body. I feel terrible about my decision because I know DH’s grandparents and siblings are coming, but MIL will definitely hoard the baby and undermine me in front of everyone. If she does it in my own house, who’s to say she wouldn’t be worse when I’m in an unknown territory?
submitted by Coffee_spitter
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:21 No-Salary-9858 Is it bad that my rape makes me hard... ( 14 male)
Ok so it started when I was about 6/7 I can't remember which but anyway I used to love staying and my grandmas I love her she is one of a kind but she had a neighbor how used to come over he was pretty chill when I met him the first couple times we became good friends he was 13 at the time and my grandma used to have to take care of my pap he was 400 pounds at the time and could not do much for him self so the neighbor took care of me most of the time he gave me baths where this all started he used to lock the bathroom door and get in the tub with me he used to make me play a game called find the soap he would drop the soap in the water and I would have to close my eyes and find it and would hit it behind hime so I would have to crawl over him so he would grab my waist and put his fingers near you know what and he would put it in between his legs so I would go to grab it and he would move my hand to his thing and he would move my hand around it and that's not all he would lock me in my grandmas bedroom and he would tell her we were going to play hockey or something and we would be in there and he would make me undress and he would fuck me wich didn't feel good and he would pin me down and make me suck him off and he said if I told anyone what he was doing he would kill my family wich is a 6/7 year old I believed this went on for 2 years until I stopped staying at my nans I will never forget those 2 years but is it bad that now it makes me hard?
submitted by No-Salary-9858
to rape [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:20 umaximu Time and Terror (Inferences from S02E07 [Spoilers])
I just wanted to point out a few inferences that I drew from S02E07, hopefully to put an end to some veins of speculation that have been popular recently. I'm going to list my conclusions as dot points, and then include the reasoning for each point, numbered, below.
- The night people were human a long time ago, meaning that the worms did not desiccate Smiley's body; whether the bile was already there or appeared there after the transfer will cinch the Humoural Theory;
- The worms and the music box are separate issues, or the worms are a side-effect of the music box;
- The changing of the seasons is likely a result of Boyd's experience with Martin and the music box;
*** 1. The Night People
So we've now seen some internal organs. Pretty cool. They were desiccated (dried out) and exsanguinated (bloodless, but also lymphless), in keeping with a body that was preserved in dry conditions. The absence of bodily fluids, except bile, explains their preservation (otherwise we would see more decay and putrescence). Some people have claimed that it was the worms which dried Smiley out, but I do not think this is the case. We know from S02E06 that Smiley did not have blood when Boyd slit his throat, and at no other time have we seen them bleed. When the teenage night creature that spoke to Julie was shot, he did not bleed either. These are the only instances I can think of where someone has used a weapon on one of the night people. We can infer from this that they were always bloodless, and the blood transfer did not cause Smiley to be desiccated
. What we do not know is whether the bile was already there, or if it was a byproduct of the blood transfer. I don't understand how it could be inferred that the bile would injure the creatures, I think it's a long shot. If it was
a byproduct of the transfer, then one can assume that it came from Boyd and was the subject of the transfer—but I don't know what that would mean either. The Humoural Theory would fall apart if the latter is true, because the bile would not be endogenous to the night people
. 2. The Worms
Before, when Boyd was the only one who had seen the music box, it was reasonable to infer a connection between the worms and the music box. Now several people have seen the music box in connection with different visions, there is no longer an obvious connection between the worms and the music box. The connection could be tangential. When the worms first appeared, under Martin's skin, it was not explicitly established that Martin could see them. Boyd has been concerned about his physical and mental condition, the onset of parkinsons, for much of the series so far, this is something he is afraid of. If Martin could not see the worms, or if they only appeared once Boyd arrived, they could be a manifestation of Boyd's fears with regard to physical and mental deterioration. If this is the case, then the worms are a side-effect of the music box, for which there's a bit more evidence below. If Martin was aware of the worms, then the worms are an adjunct of some kind to the music box.
Bear with me, I'm going to go in for some speculation here about the music box and its effects on other people. Marielle, the first other person to see the music box, was afraid to tell Kristi about her withdrawals, afraid to become vulnerable. What situation could possibly make her more vulnerable than a creature getting loose in the house while she is undergoing withdrawals? In this way, the music box is tied to her fear of other people's help and assistance. In the somewhat awkward scene with Julie (who just completely forgot about Ethan? where is he?), Elgin said "I'm not a bath person" or something to that effect. I wonder if Elgin is afraid of water. He didn't look particularly comfortable getting into the bath, and left his clothes on. I know that seeing a nudie Elgin might be beyond the scope of the show, but the show hasn't been afraid to show a bit of chest where it comes to Boyd. If he is afraid of water, what could be more terrifying than being drowned?
I think that the worms are a separate phenomenon to the music box, and possibly peculiar to Boyd. What was in, or remains in, his blood, is different from the music box or a side-effect of it. Now that others are seeing it we can assume that the music box was somehow let loose by Boyd's experience with Martin
. 3. Seasons in Fromland
We know now that Fromland has always looked the same. It has not been subject to any kind of seasonal change (confirmed by Victor), and now that seasonal change is becoming very obvious. With the exception of Victor's tree-measuring, the characters have only begun to notice environmental changes since Boyd returned from the forest
. We can infer a connection between Boyd's experience and the acceleration of change in Fromland. I had some other thoughts about this but I can't quite remember them now. Might post again later.
submitted by umaximu
to FromTVEpix [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:18 DudeNeedsToTalkRN What is going on in Senegal in 2023? Explained in details #FreeSenegal
Skip to the Last part for 2023 specifics reading everything would really enlighten you tho. Location and Alliances
French Control / Neocolonialism
- Senegal is located in West Africa bordering Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Bissau Guinea and Gambia. Senegal is also part of ECOWAS ( Economic Community of West African States) and AU (African Union). ECOWAS has an economic centric objective and AU is justice and development of Africa focused.
- Every single one of the nations that border Senegal has had a military coup in its history except Senegal. Every attempt in Senegal failed and Senegal was regarded until today as a model of democracy.
Senegal was a well ruled country despite its politics being mainly ruled by France from the shadow, France hold the reserve of CFA Francs currency and print it for 15 countries. 15 sovereign nations are entirely dependent on France's currency. France also control most of their seaports and has priority in every new market offering with mandatory acceptance for these nations. Despite its many resources Senegal is a very poor country it has gold, zircon, lots of sea territory for fishing, clay and many more industry needed resources and forestry that I can adequately explain. France also has military bases in most of these countries until recently they've been kicked out by Burkina and Mali. Recently lots of Gas and Oil sources have been found in Senegal and that could change the lives of millions of Senegalese citizen (keep that in mind as you read)
Abdoulaye Wade, Macky Sall, Dirty Politics and Spiraling Debt
- Macky Sall is the 4TH president of Senegal, elected in 2012. Before him It was Abdoulaye Wade who was president since the year 2000. It's mainly under Abdoulaye Wade that the country started changing landscape major road construction, more and more building and a decade long plan to move the airport to a less cramped space thus giving us the AIBD Airport replacing LSS airport. A new agriculture program GOANA and many more projects.
- But it's also under Wade that nepotism got higher in his government were new ministry official position created for his "friends" in ridiculous position. A government in which Macky Sall took part and eventually became prime minister.
- With the rising nepotism the first embezzlement campaign started with ministers and deputies having safes filled with billions of cfa. For context back in 2007 a billion wasn't an imaginable number it had just became mainstream. It first rise with their own son stealing from them, then their sons and daughters traveling all over the word as new millionaires. For context their parents were poor prior to being in the government. Then arrest for drug usages, luxury car crashes. In a blink of an eye rose a new wave of billionaires and families that were above the law. Coincidentally the economic crisis of 2007 made the population even poorer in comparison.
- Politics mixing with religious figures, violence at political rallies and the birth of "nervis" basically political henchmen paid to beat opponents or whoever stand in their way and the police ignored them since they were being paid by people that were very high in the political ladder (ministers, friends of the president etc....)
3rd Mandate, Abdoulaye Wade vs The People (Macky Sall and Youssou Ndour incl.)
- In 2011, at the end of his 2nd mandate Abdoulaye Wade pushed for a new legislation that would make him able to push for a 3rd mandate and have his good-for-nothing son as vice-president a novelty that the people didn't welcome at all. His former Prime Minister Macky Sall and a lot of opposition political parties and social justice movements, and rappers and Youssou NDOUR (famous singer) banding together and protesting initially peacefully and gradually throwing rocks at the FDS (Forces of Security, police and Constables)
Link Archive Protest Youtube: https://youtu.be/i224i8CTB64
Link Archive Macky Sall Coallition : https://youtu.be/P_wigR7JFYY
- Macky Sall was appointed leader of the movement, and toured Senegal to present his ideas. Despite his opposition to Wade he never suffered persecution or attacks by police forces or any other charges by the justice system. However Dirty Politics was Macky Sall never physically suffered and had his constitutional rights respected. [Remember This it's relevant in 2023]
- Occasionally he would be pelted with pebbles by some people that were against his ideas but never by the police or any other FDS.
- Ultimately Abdoulaye Wade would give up and lose the election and leave graciously without anything in fact the police forces allowed the protesters to walk freely up to the gates of the Palais Presidentiel.
Hopes, Justice, Regrets and Embezzlement of Funds
- In Macky Sall, Senegalese people had high hopes, not so charismatic a leader he had a humble upbringing which inspired hope. He had worked under the previous govt and had extensive knowledge of the populations suffering, the poverty and nepotism.
- He would go on to track the people that embezzled funds under Wade's presidency : La traque aux biens mal-acquis which recovered 200 Billions of CFA Francs (305 millions euros) in 2012 according to Macky Sall's prime minister of the time Aminata Toure
Dynasty Faye-Sall, War of Gains and Scandalous Deals (Petro Tim Oil & Gas)
Then slowely but crescendo new names started popping in the government, branded as the FAYE-SALL dynasty : Macky Sall, his wife Marieme Faye and the in laws Aliou Sall and Mansour Faye.
- A war of opportunities between Aliou Sall, brother of Macky Sall and Marieme Faye, the first lady.
- Petro Tim $10 Billion Scandal Sunu 400,000
- Aliou Sall would make the news for signing scandalous deals mainly the Petro-Tim Scandal for embezzling 10 billion dollars (from here on out we will be talking in dollars because the amounts are ridiculously high). He would be accused of corruption, fraud, embezzlement, money laundering and criminal association. A report by BBC and Africa Eye states that Alious Sall had also been by Petro Tim through a fictive company that he owned.
- In a statement**, Ousmane Sonko called the senegalese youth to demostrate against these scandals until appropriate measures are taken**. Another revelation of the report was the takeover of Franck Timis' group's stake in 2017 by British Company BP. Timis Corp is a firm run by Romanian-Australian tycoon Frank Timis. According to the BBC report BP had agreed to pay Timis $10 billion in royalty payments for its stake in the two blocks. Senegal's offshore oil and gas reserve have the potentiak to transform the country when they begin flowing in the next decade with volumes expected to rival some of the region's biggest producer.
- A campaign started online in which every citizen claim they are entitled to at least 400,000 CFA ($653 usd) from each of the payment that Aliou Sall received with the catchphrase << sunu 400,000>>
- Despite all of that, the judge would squash the procedure rather quickly, it helps to have your brother as president.
- Mansour Faye, The Arrogant Baron (SDE - SEN'EAU / COVID 19 Funds)
- Mansour Faye has a reputation of being a vindictive and arrogant public figure. He will first be remembered for signing a contract for water distribution through SEN'EAU with french company Group Suez killing in the process local company Sénégalaise Des Eaux (SDE) a company that oversaw the water distribution for decades.
- Mansour FAYE is also mentioned in the Cour des Comptes report regarding the misuse and embezzlement of the Covid 19 relief funds. The covid 19 relief funds was of 1000 billion CFA FRANC (over $1.6 billion USD)
- Mansour Faye's daughter studied in the US and came back portrayed as a model for the youth with her ranch and agribusiness which is an insult to the senegalese citizen who can't even afford school fees in some part their own country let alone own land and get a degree in the US. A nepobaby fed with nepotrustfunds and nepoland to build her nepomoney paid business. She said : << you shouldn't be afraid of failure>> easy to say with billions in the bank.
See here the BBC documentary that angered the Senegalese citizens: https://youtu.be/1TAN6PsxKAc
- Mansour Faye will also have some of the harshest comment when several fatal car crash happened in early 2023 in which 63 people died in 8 days. In light of the lack of regulation, the state of the roads and the laissez-aller in the transportation industry, many asked for his resignation in which he would coldly reply : << To the people expecting my resignation, they will need more stamina>>
See video here: https://youtu.be/eS8UV8EtykQ
- Which only proves their lack of empathy towards the citizens they are supposed to serve. One thing that is very common with the entire dynasty Faye-Sall is the disdain, and hatred toward the suffering and needs of the senegalese citizens.
- When people asked in 2021 for better roads and that the tollgate highway was expensive. President Macky Sall replied that: <<It is what is. If you want to drive on fancy road with no plot holes you pay and you use the tollgate highway. But we have an alternative which is the RN1 (National Road)>>
see video here: https://youtu.be/r4DHowh8KLo
The others (Moustapha Niasse, Youssou Ndour, Mame Mbaye Niang...)
- And I can't think of the countless lawsuits for defamation against anybody that tried to expose their true natures. Mansour Faye is very fond of lawsuits and has had a few in his arrogance and power he seems out of touch with reality.
- Whenever addressing the nation he would do it in a patronizing and arrogant way, so much so some people do not listen and would just read the ministry's tweets.
- As mentionned earlier Youssou Ndour was part of the coalition and protesting alongside Macky Sall against the 3rd mandate of Abdoulaye Wade. Youssou Ndour was in fact a candidate for the election but his candidacy was invalidated because his taxes. Youssou Ndour was not a law abiding tax paying citizens according to reports of that era.
- Taxes that he never proved having paid, he would later join Macky Sall's government as Minister-Adviser. Yet another nepo-position in which he will bask in even more riches and allegedly not paying his taxes.
- The most notable thing about him is how loud his silence is regarding every protest against the current regime, in 2021 and 2023.
- You can see him in this video actively protesting in 2011 along with the M23 movement: https://youtu.be/H0hZhNKLUXg
- Moustapha Niasse, the political dinosaur born in 1939 he has been invested in politics as early as 1970 and has been part of every government since. Nothing notable about him beside him clinging to a hope of becoming president he has always been at side of the regime even when the regime is unjust and flat-out wrong. Nothing to say beside good riddance in September 2022 his term as President of Congress ended. He will be remembered for turning the Congress into a shitshow where legislation from Macky Sall passed as will.
- Mame Mbaye Niang the good-for-nothing turned billionaire he was a protestor in 2011 you can see him here protesting at the gate of congress (the coward in brown shirt and jeans who fled when the cop came close) : https://youtu.be/nklxXTZF_no
- A report by the IGF (General Inspection of Finances) revealed how funds have been embezzled once again by a small group of political figure in which we count Mame Mbaye Niang (then minister of Youth, Employment and Infrastructure) and his close friend Ibrahima Cisse; The funds amount to over $800,000 USD (517,864,401 CFA Francs) for the PRODAC project which earned him the nickname Mbaye Prodac. A project that should have created 180 000 jobs provided only 1500 between 2014 and 2018. Coincidentally Mame Mbaye Niang became a billionaire in the same period.
- Ousmane Sonko would go on to make that report public by accusing Mame Mbaye Niang of stealing from the State and the citizen. A deficit of 178,500 jobs from the PRODAC project is beyond criminal knowing that Unemployement Rate of the active population in 2018 was of 14,3% according to the National Statistics Agency (ANSD)
The Claws of France gripping harder
- Between 2012 and 2023, the arrival of French companies surged to a new high with Auchan and Carrefour competing directly with local businesses at lower prices due to allegedly lesser taxes, SEN'EAU killing SDE for water distribution.
- Major civil engineering projects being given to french companies such as Eiffage. In fact EIFFAGE, ALSTOM, SYSTRA and SNCF together built the TER (Train Express Regional) an airport rail link of only 36km for the first part already built for the price of over $1 billion USD (656 billions CFA) a project the government is really proud of.
- The project is putting Senegal in even greater debt since Senegal only funded the project with 142.5 billion cfa and 3 loans from La Banque Islamique de Développement (196 billion CFA), l'Agence Française de développement et le trésor français (196.5 billion CFA) and la Banque Africaine de Développement (120 billion CFA)
Harder Living Conditions
- With inflation, soaring prices of virtually everything such as housing, house essentials, food, transportation and gas...
- Under equipped school with huts as classrooms in some remote region of Senegal Abris Provisoire au Sénégal
- The NGO workers are gentrifying Dakar these people who are supposed to work socially on topics of poverty, are the one actually escaping poverty they are in Dakar partying spending lots of money in places raising significantly the cost of leaving.
- Under equipped hospitals with aging/failing equipment as in Kedougo where a small outpost with barely nothing it's not covid 19 that kills people rarther illnesses that can easily be cured in bigger cities such as malaria, transport of patients is also a huge challenge with patient being transported to bigger hospitals 200 or 300km away with no ambulance rather horse-drawn carts. The same problem in several regions of Senegal. In contrast, the political figures leaving the country every now and then to get medical treatment in France or the US. A symbol of their own failure in building anything important in this country.
The Rise of Ousmane Sonko
- Ousmane Sonko is a former Chief Tax Inspector in Senegal and advocate for reformation of the Senegalese Tax System. He was fired from his position as Chief Tax Inspector for being a whistleblower in many cases of fund embezzlement of High Profile Politicians (Aliou Sall, Mame Mbaye Niang...)
- He would go on to engage in politics and became the youngest candidate to run in 2019 at 44 years old. He rose to fame in politics among the youth due to his credentials as chief tax officer and the overall ethic in his work as mentioned by many of his former colleagues. A man who turned down bribes from the biggest companies in the countries and focused on his duty. The narrative is beautiful and confirmed itself as years passed and people learned more about him. He finished 3rd in 2019 as a newbie in politics.
- An even bigger achievement when you learn about the vote manipulation in the 2019 elections as exposed in Story Killers with the employment of Team Jorge a disinformation for hire company. Ousmane Sonko was victim of gigantic smear campaign with fake documents and false claims.
- See the documentary titled : #StoryKillers: A deep dive into 'Team Jorge', the disinformation mercenaries operating worldwide
- With Ousmane Sonko rising to be the candidates of the youth (over Half of the senegalese population) several attempt at destroying his reputation took place, he would be labeled a liar until the LGE, IGF and BBC report are published.
- Ousmane Sonko became Congressman made fierce speeches in which he called out the disrespect towards Senegalese citizens by which the congress dealt with important matters. Congress was a place of chit-chat and arguments where the political affiliation was the only thing that mattered to any of the parties involved and occasionally throwing hands (fighting)
- He also authored a book called Solutions in which he advances many ideas to push this country forward, economically and socially with an emphasis on education, economy, health and employment.
- Mame Mbaye Niang would accuse him of defamation in the PRODAC case;
- He also exposed the excessive cost of the TER Project.
Macky Sall's 3rd Mandate, Sonko-Adji Sarr, 2021 Protests
- Macky Sall' 3rd Mandate
- Macky Sall is ineligible to a 3rd successive term as stated in the Article 27 of the constitution of Senegal "Nul ne peut faire plus de 2 mandat consécutifs"
- Macky Sall served a 1st term of 7 years from 2012 to 2019 but in 2016 a referendum took place in which the presidential term would go down from 7 to 5 years. Taking effect after his first term in case he get re-elected.
- Having nearly served his 2nd Term 2019 - 2024 (we are in 2023) he eluded a 3rd term trying to loophole his way into a 3rd term using the Article 27 claiming that it's his first mandate of 5 years. Which is wrong the Article 27 existed way before the 2016 referendum and it is explicitly states that no-one can do 2 more than 2 successive term.
- Curfew and Police Brutality
- In 2020 mask mandate is effective and a curfew is established, which made life very difficult for workers who had to commute. The police officers used extreme violence to enforce it. Beating people who were out at curfew with sticks making them crawl on the floor. While the population suffered inside, the rich politicians and their family hosted private parties outside
- When the first Vaccines arrived in Senegal, the first Lady Marieme Faye hosted a private vaccination party at her residence with no respect of masks or crowd control this angered people
- That was the last straw people started burning tires and protesting for the removal of this stupid curfew which they are the only one to suffer from
- Additional context: In Senegal a lot of houses don't cook dinner they buy porridge to local (diaykatou fondé/thiéré/thiakri) that sell at night from 8pm to 12pm. These cheap porridge is what feed lots of people in poor neighbourhood a bowl filled with nourishing food for 100 to 200f cfa. Some houses are overcrowded with over 20 individuals in a 2 story building during summer these people stay outside with their friends and relatives there is a sense of community and togetherness. They only leave for bedtime. The houses cramped and it gets really hot in the summer (up to 35° c / 95°F)
- Sonko-Adji Sarr
- In 2020, during the Covid 19 pandemic, Ousmane Sonko is accused at first of Rape with Threats at gunpoint by a worker at a massaging place he is a customer of. He says it's a conspiracy to make him ineligible for the 2024 elections in which Macky Sall want to be part of.
- Then discrepancies started growing, the medical examination disproved any trace of sexual violence, the officer (Captain Touré) to which the complaint was filed smelled a political conspiracy and fled. Adji Sarr the alleged victim is first believed by a portion of the population but as she goes from reporter to reporter saying different things here and there the growing sentiment of empathy turned to disdain because to many she was definitely lying.
- The case would be ongoing for 2 years 2020 to 2023 and Sonko would be proven non guilty on the counts of Rape and Death Threats since no proof or witness were presented. Everybody that went on to speak would disprove in a way or another the claims of Adji Sarr. The medical official, the officer and her coworkers, boss and his husband. BUT despite all of this Ousmane Sonko is sentenced to 2 years of prison for "corruption of youth".
- Throughout the case, Ousmane Sonko has been held at home by the police not letting him go out, he was kidnapped twice by the police while he was touring the country and forcefully taken home and every supporter of Ousmane Sonko has been labelled a terrorist or an MFDC member.( A very dangerous claim that could turn this conflict into an ethnic war. The southern people are remarquable people and the stigma of separatism they are labeled with could be very dangerous.)
- Protest erupted in march 2021 which beyond Sonko's mistreatment was a protest for everything that is wrong in the country like the Gilets Jaune in France. The police started shooting live rounds, one victim in particular Cheikh Wade is shot in the while he waved his senegalese flag by a police officer in Parcelles Assainies (Dakar) the 2 day protest would make 14 victims, 14 civilians killed.
- Mansour Faye would go on to declare that "Occult forces" are responsible of the 14 dead civilians.
Amnesty International Article : https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/03/senegal-one-year-after-march-2021-families-demand-justice
After sentencing Ousmane Sonko to 2 years of prison, he is at first kidnapped while he travelled back home from Ziguinchor occasionally touring the country ,held at home and the people are out protesting to end this masquerade, for Macky Sall to either leave Sonko alone and finish his 2nd term or to leave the country altogether.
There's already 600 political prisoners before the protest.
The police shot live rounds, beat up and runned over several people.
And a new type of tear cas that can blow your limbs.
The people are fighting for a better future. Macky Sall doesn't care about Senegalese people. Senegalese so desperate for a better future that many died at sea on shipwrecks trying to reach europe on rafts or canoes.
In 2019, 210 senegalese people died in the mediteranée trying to reach europe because there's nothing left of hope of a better future in thish country, in novembre 2020, 414 senegalese people died at sea trying to ge to europe according to IOM
The 2023 protest showed an escalation of violence from the police, the constables and the 'nervis' these paid militias that have gone increasingly violent with machetes and semi automatic rifles and handguns. Fighting along side the police they have killed 28 people officially many were shot.
The Freedom to tour the country that Macky Sall was offered by Abdoulaye Wade is what Macky Sall is denying Ousmane Sonko.
The 3rd mandate that Macky Sall thought for is what he is denying us all.
Abdoulaye Wade never asked for the police to shoot at civilians, under his presidency killing in broad daylight wasn't a thing, he may have been a bad tyrant but Macky Sall infinitely a hating arrogant good for nothing that is acclaimed as Political Genius a lapdog if anything.
A warzone atmosphere against unarmed civilians.
The government issued an order for the internet to be cut off
Everybody is using vpns to keep the outside informed. Today, June 4th the mobile data were cut off only wifi network worked in order to keep protesters at home.
A terrible rumour that spent chills down my spine earlier today a senegalese citizen called on live tv saying he saw DEAD BODIES IN REFRIGERATED TRUCKSS BEING THROWN AT SEA near the Diamalaye Beach. The senegalese citizens are enquiring about it. Some people have confirmed through text but I am yet to believe it until photo or video proof is shown. We are talking about mass execution I will not believe it until I see proof of it.
This a very long and tedious thing to write and I'm doing it because I am afraid the Senegalese people will be cut off from the world and die in the dark.
The sound of an entire nations going silent is something I have witnessed once and I hope I never do.
ECOWAS took a neutral stance may the wrath of God be upon them.
For once in my lifetime I wish for Military Coup if it means the killers will be stopped. Please save the longest lasting WEST African democracy.
Please Spread the word under #FreeSenegal. A senegalese fearing for his freedom.
submitted by DudeNeedsToTalkRN
to Senegal [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:18 GLDS1997 Most Pokémon in the Original Timeline (Gens I-II) are artificial creations.
WARNING: The following is a massive wall of text and pretty much entirely fanfiction I came up with for fun. A tldr will be available at the end. Please enjoy.
I remember reading once that the Pokémon franchise as we know it was originally supposed to end with Gen II. I always found it fascinating because rather the the wide branching cosmology now seen in the Pokémon world with living embodiments of space and time, an omnipotent creator deity, and even their own version of a devil-like figure in Giratina, the only Legendary Pokémon would be the Legendary Birds, the Legendary Beasts, the Tower Duo, Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, and the Unknown (assuming you count them as Legendary. I do, so that’s what we’ll go with).
But recently it struck me: What if these were the only Pokémon. Or rather, the only natural Pokémon (minus Mewtwo, of course).
Before diving into the how, first we must ask the why. More specifically, why would human create Pokémon to begin with? Well, the answer to that lies in one of the oldest mysteries of the franchise: the war that Lt. Surge fought in prior to the events of RBG. War has been the catalyst for innovation throughout human history, and in a world which is already known to have magical creatures in it, the idea of creating living weapons is fully within the realm of possibility.
Now that we know why, we can move onto how: How Pokémon as we know them came to be.
It begins with a war. We don't know who it was with, we don't even know if shots have been fired or if it was a Cold War on the verge of going hot. Either way, Kanto was involved in this war and desperately looking for something that could give them an edge. Eventually a military scientist stumbles across the tale of the Legendary Beasts, three beings who perished in a fire 150 years ago that destroyed the Brass Tower, only to be resurrected by the divine bird known as Ho-Oh into powerful elemental beings.
It is from this legend that a radical new project was conceived, to create a legion of elemental creatures to win the impending war. This would become known as Project Pocket Monster.
The first thoughts were to seek out Ho-Oh itself to obtain this power, but as the legendary bird disappeared after preforming its miracle at the Burned Tower it was soon ruled out. Lugia was deemed too dangerous to seek out and was immediately dismissed. The Legendary Beasts were oblivious candidates to study for their powers but they were impossible to track down, as were the Legendary Birds. The Voice of the Forest, Celebi, was briefly considered, but it was considered almost a myth and never seriously sought out. Nobody even knew the Unknown were real creatures to consider at this point.
Finally though, they found their lucky break in the form of a species of rare, mystical creatures from a faraway land who had the ability to transform their physical bodies at will and possessed amazing psychic powers: Mew.
Although difficult, the scientists succeeded in finding the Mew and capturing them, so many in fact that the species was believed to have gone extinct years later as a direct consequence of Project Pocket Monster. Through various experiments involving cloning and gene-splicing they managed to create what would become known as the first Normal types, seemingly ordinary creatures that nonetheless possessed power beyond any natural animal.
The first Pocket Monsters were born.
More tests ensued. The forms these creations took were random, and yet they would sometimes repeat. This occurred on and on until various breeding populations had been established. From here, two major developments occurred.
Firstly, it was discovered that Mew’s DNA was highly unstable, and if the Pocket Monsters were trained properly they would spontaneously morph in even stronger forms. Some could even undergo this process twice. This process would be dubbed evolution, and through studying it scientists found a way to turn the Pocket Monsters into energy to be stored and carried around in small capsules for easy transportation.
Secondly, the Pocket Monsters would sometimes undergo random mutations in the cloning process that resulted in creatures with new abilities, namely creatures with psychic powers like those of the Mew. And thus, Psychic types were born.
The project was a massive success, but one day it took an unexpected turn. One of the scientists happened to have a decoration in his office, a rock from Mt. Moon said to be an actual moon stone. One day as he was writing up a report one of the Pocket Monsters, a small pink creature he named Clefairy, was wandering around his office when it touched the rock. When the light died down, the scientist found that the Clefairy had evolved into a new form after coming into contact the with moon stone.
At the same time, some were becoming frustrated that they couldn’t duplicate the elemental powers seen in the other creatures of legend. When they received news about the Clefairy, however, a new plan was hatched. If random mutation wouldn’t give them powers over the elements, then they would capture the elements themselves.
And so another project was born, Project Stone: Use the unique properties of the Moon Stones to try and harness the power of the elements.
After much deliberation, four teams were put together. Three would each seek out one of the Legendary Beasts in the hopes that they might siphon off whatever power brought them back to life a elemental beings, the success of Project Pocket Monster giving them the funding to finally track them down. Although they never caught them, they did manage to get close enough to the Beasts that the Moon Stones transformed in stones containing the essences of fire, water, and lightning, respectively.
The fourth team went down a different route and sought out the Voice of the Forest. While they never found it, they did find the shrine dedicated to it deep within the woods. There they paid their respects, left offerings, placed the Moon Stones around the base, prayed, and went to sleep for the night. The next day, all the Moon Stones held within them the essence of nature itself.
With the elements now in their hands the scientists got to work, first on creating artificial Stones. While the Moon Stones couldn’t be replicated, vessels for the Elemental Stone were. With these new Stones they began giving them to the Pocket Monsters, and at long last, elemental Pocket Monsters were created.
First there were Fire, Water, Electric, and Grass types, but the unstable nature of Mew’s DNA gave rise to all sorts of new types and combinations. Fire/Flying, WateIce, Grass/Poison, and so on. These would in turn give rise to newer types still, such as Poison/Bug, Ice/Psychic, and even Flying/Dragon. Moon Stones were also applied, creating the Rock and Ground types. All four Stone were also capable of inducing evolution, but not as often as the scientists would’ve hoped for.
Perhaps the height of Project Stone came in the form of Eevee, a Pocket Monster who possess exceptionally unstable DNA and was able to evolve from exposure to three of the five Stones.
In all, a total of 17 types were catalogued out of over 200 species of Pocket Monsters. The project was an incredible success and the creatures, officially dubbed Pokémon for the first time, were issued out to soldiers to serve as their partners in battle. The arrival of these superpowered creatures immediately turned the tide of the war, and shortly after their deployment the Kanto region had emerged victorious.
But that is not the end of the story.
The powers that be knew that if the Pokémon were used in battle it wouldn’t be long before news got out to the general public. And get out it did, as almost immediately after Pokémon became known to the wider world the public protested their use as living weapons, decrying it as inhuman and a violation of ethics. This outcry only increased when it was leaked that the project led to the believed extinction of the Mew.
Faced with mounting public pressure the project was shut down and the Pokémon ordered to be destroyed. However, the scientists who created and raised them and the soldiers who fought alongside them had grown attached to the Pokémon and couldn’t bare the thought of putting them down. Instead, the soldiers kept their partners, the scientists took partners of their own, and the rest were released into the wild.
Additionally, all information on the creation of Pokémon was destroyed and the lead scientists went into hiding so that new Pokémon might never be created by those with ill intent. Some would manage to figure out at least part of the procedure later on, leading to the creation of Poryon by Silph Co. using modern computer technology in place of cloning.
With very little now known about the Pokémon, it fell to the public to rediscover them. A young man named Samuel Oak lead the charge, completely changing the world with his very first Pokédex, a catalogue of 150 different species of Pokémon in 15 different types. This was the first step to creating the modern world of Pokémon as seen in Gen I and Gen II.
There was one group of scientists, however, who refused to abandon their life’s work. Led by Dr. Fuji, these men would set their sights on creating the most powerful Pokémon the world had ever seen.
If only they had a single stand of Mew DNA…
TL;DR: In Gens I and II, only the Tower Duo, the Legendary Birds and Beasts, Celebi, Mew and the Unknown are natural Pokémon. All other Pokémon were created through Mew DNA to serve as living weapons in a war long before Gen I and were released into the wild following public outcry.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed.
submitted by GLDS1997
to pokemonconspiracies [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:16 limache Questions on hollandaise sauce - do you make it FIRST or last in your prep? other eggs benedict questions
Hi I recently learned how to make eggs benedict and I'm in love. Has to be my FAVORITE egg recipe, next to french omelette.
So I watched the Gordon Ramsay video on how to make it and he makes his hollandaise sauce FIRST and then make the eggs and muffins.
I noticed that after I set aside the hollandaise sauce, if I wait too long, it will continue cooking in the heat of the glass bowl I'm using and lose its liquid form and become a little like scrambled eggs, which is not ideal.
1)So I thought, wouldn't it make more sense to make the Hollandaise sauce LAST after you make the egg and muffins so that you can just pour the sauce straight onto the eggs without it turning into scrambled eggs?
2) How do you know when you're done with the sauce and how viscous do you leave it when you're done?
3) Does your bowl actually touch the boiling water or is it NOT supposed to touch the boiling water?
4) The most laborious part is definitely continuing to mix the sauce - what's your thoughts on using a handheld mixer instead of manually whisking it? Would that work or are there any problems with using a mixer?
5) Also I've noticed that with making the poached egg, sometimes the vortex doesn't work that well even after I created a really fast vortex. I also pour in vinegar so that the egg stays together. Is it normal for the white part to be so far apart? I would prefer to keep it together as much as possible but it seems that no matter what, it's more like a giant blob lol.
6) I also use the same hot water that I've been using for the glass bowl for the hollandaise sauce to cook the poached egg. Do you start a new pot with fresh cold water and boil it up or is it okay to use the existing boiling water?
submitted by limache
to Cooking [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:15 Flush_The_Duck Do they like me?
I (15M) like this girl (16F) and i wanted to get the opinions of people who don't know me on some possible signs
- Third day of class we had to do a partner project and i didn't know anyone in the room and despite the fact that she did she asked if i wanted to be her partner and we were partners on every group project even when it was ment to be groups of 3 just me and her were partners, when one of us was absent for the first day of a project we would start the project alone and wait for the other to come back. This could just be her taking pity of someone who had no one else to work with tho
- We didn't really talk alot at first but eventually we slowly began to talk more and more eventually to the point where we would start a conversation the moment we were both in the room and she would often complain about whatever problems she was having that day or something she was interested in like gator land in Florida or the new zelda game. When i asked her why she only really talks to me she said "because we are really the only two... interesting people in the class". She could just want someone to talk to as a friend tho
- She laughs at all my jokes even my sarcastic remarks. This could just be because i'm usually a pretty funny guy tho
- Whenever our class went on a trip to the river she stuck with me and got me to get fish rocks out of the river so she could see if there were any that she liked, she got me to do it cause i am relatively tall with relatively long arms and could reach farther plus she didn't want to get her shoes wet, but at the end when we had to head back i joked about how much it sucked that i was gonna have to walk around with wet socks for the rest of the day she offered to put her feet in the water to make it even and she did. She could have just seen this as a fun time between friends tho
- Anytime i handed her something or she handed me something he made sure to touch my hand. Probably thinking about it to much and she just keeped doing it in the past tense
- She asked me for a drink of my water bottle or other drinks relatively often and when i offer her a drink that (like a half drunk powerade or dr.pepper) she always takes it. Probably looking into this to much aswell, she probably just doesn't drink a lot during school hours
- I have given her $12 or so for snacks. This has nothing to do with her really just figured i'd mention it cause why not
- She often gives me answers for questions on worksheets and and kahoots and such. Probably just her being nice
Thats all i can think of right now but thats pretty much it, what do you think?
Hopefully she doesn't find this and piece it together lol
submitted by Flush_The_Duck
to HowToGetAGirlfriend [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:14 Educational-Nose223 Puradrop Gummies Reviews Reddit : ⚠️Scam?⚠️Must Read! Before Buy - Puradrop Gummies Review - Puradrop Gummies Does Work?
| || | submitted by Educational-Nose223 to PuradropGummiesReview [link] [comments]
Puradrop Gummies Reviews Reddit : ⚠️Scam?⚠️Must Read! Before Buy - Puradrop Gummies Review - Puradrop Gummies Does Work?
In this article, we will be talking about one such dietary supplement - Puradrop extra strength gummies that helps you manage weight naturally and detoxifies your body. We will discuss its characteristics, the benefits offered by it, the working and scientific evidence behind it, the pricing, the money-back guarantee, and the customer reviews. https://preview.redd.it/ft2m6pb3k44b1.png?width=445&format=png&auto=webp&s=c6a1a806c41bf376b5f1525b7cab1ce9bb6d337b
Weight loss and weight gain are among the few things that every individual goes through in their lives at some point in time. This happens because of several reasons. Weight gain can happen because of a sedentary lifestyle, work-life imbalance, unhealthy diet, hormonal imbalances, health issues, etc.
This weight gain can cause several health issues sometimes. It can cause Obesity, joint pain, stress, anxiety, digestive issues, and many more such health problems. These health problems could make your life difficult by hampering your day-to-day activities.
To get rid of the accumulated fat in your body, you can take medications, pills, capsules, gummies, powders, liquid solutions, etc., available on the market by big pharmaceutical companies. But, these come at the cost of your health, as these may have side effects on your body. So, to avoid these side effects, certain supplements are available on the market for weight loss. These dietary supplements help you lose weight naturally and are also very beneficial for your health.
In this article, we will be talking about one such dietary supplement - Puradrop extra strength gummies that helps you manage weight naturally and detoxifies your body. We will discuss its characteristics, the benefits offered by it, the working and scientific evidence behind it, the pricing, the money-back guarantee, and the customer reviews.
What Is Puradop Supplement?
Puradrop is a dietary supplement that helps in maintaining or managing your body weight with the help of its natural formulation. It is an extra-strength gummy that contains powerful natural ingredients and comes in a bottle in the form of easy-to-chew gummies.
Puradrop extra strength gummies formulation is a blend of goodness-packed ingredients that help in the process of fat-burning, thus eliminating the unwanted and unhealthy fat stored in your body. It helps burn this fat and then uses it as fuel or energy to carry out different functions.
The supplement uses natural weight management techniques to help you lose weight effectively and efficiently. It focuses on ramping up your metabolic rate and increasing your energy levels.
The Puradrop extra strength gummies are entirely natural, plant-based, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gelatin-Free, Stimulant-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Artificial Coloring-Free, Artificial Flavoring-Free, Non-Habit Forming, and Easy-to-Chew. It is GMP-Certified and has been manufactured in the USA in an FDA-Approved and Registered Facility by following all the safety guidelines strictly.
Core Ingredients In Purodrop Gummies
Let us have a look at the ingredients in the Purodrop Gummies that are potent and effective at weight loss: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made from fermented apple juice. Apple cider vinegar is high in acetic acid. Acetic acid helps your body burn calories. Studies show that drinking one tablespoon of ACV before a meal reduces appetite and helps people consume fewer calories.
ACV may also boost metabolism. In one study, participants drank a mixture containing ACV and caffeine before breakfast and lunch. They were then given a buffet meal. Those who had consumed the drink burned up to 20 percent more calories than those who did not.
Beets are members of the beet family (the same family as chard, spinach, beets, radishes, turnips, etc.). Beets have long been used as medicine. The root of the beet is edible. It's full of nutrients like potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, folate, fiber, and betaine.
Beets contain nitrates, which are converted to nitrites when they're cooked. Nitrites are believed to be responsible for the pink color of cured meats. But there's another reason why beets are good for you: They contain betalains, compounds that give them their red color. Betalains are antioxidants that protect against heart disease and certain cancers.
In addition to its health benefits, beet juice can enhance athletic performance. One study found that athletes who drank beet juice prior to exercise experienced an improvement in endurance compared with those who drank water or orange juice. Another study showed that beet juice improved running speed and endurance among cyclists.
Iodine is a trace mineral that plays a role in thyroid function. Iodine deficiency leads to hypothyroidism, a condition characterized by low thyroid activity. Hypothyroidism can cause fatigue, depression, hair loss, dry skin, constipation, and other symptoms.
Iodine is important for proper brain development. Children born with iodine deficiencies often have mental retardation.
B vitamins play many roles in the human body. Vitamin B12 is essential for healthy nerve cells. It's needed to make DNA and RNA, two types of molecules that carry genetic information.
Some research suggests that vitamin B12 may reduce hunger. A small study published in the journal Appetite found that men who took 1,000 mcg of vitamin B12 per day ate about 200 fewer calories at each meal over four days.
Another study found that obese adults who took 2,400 mcg of vitamin B2 (also known as riboflavin) daily for three months reduced their waist circumference by an average of 3 inches.
Pomegranates are rich in polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that may help prevent cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Polyphenols are also thought to increase energy expenditure and fat oxidation during physical activity.
A recent study from Iran found that people who regularly eat pomegranates tend to weigh less than those who don't. Researchers believe this could be because pomegranates contain ellagic acid, a compound that has been shown to suppress appetite.
The Working Of Puradrop Gummies And The Scientific Evidence Behind It
The Puradrop extra strength gummies have a natural formula that works toward helping you manage your weight efficiently. This dietary supplement has been formulated in such a way that it helps accelerate the process of fat-burning in your body for fuel. This eliminates the unwanted and unnecessary fat from different parts of your body like thighs, hips, arms, etc.
The formula of Puradrop extra strength gummies has been inspired by the Greek island of Ikaria.
Puradrop works amazingly when compared to the medications by big pharmaceutical companies. This is because of the presence of 6 powerful and vegan ingredients in the gummies. These natural and plant-based ingredients are Vitamin B12 - 0.6 mg, Vinagre de Sidra de Manzana - 250 mg, Beet Juice Powder - 20 mg, Pomegranate Juice - 20 mg, Iodine - 25 mg, and Vitamin B6 - 0.25 mg.
The most important ingredient used in Puradrop extra-strength gummies is Vinagre de Sidra de Manzana. The quantity of this ingredient used in these gummies is 250 mg. It is backed by various types of clinical research and studies.
According to one study, Vinegar is an element that helps you lose body weight effectively and also helps lower the triglyceride levels in your body. Another study stated that Vinegar also plays a role in making you feel full. It acts as a great suppressant of appetite or food cravings.
Benefits Of Consuming Puradrop Gummies
The Puradrop extra strength gummies provide you with several health benefits due to their natural and plant-based formulation, as discussed below.
Helps In Eliminating Fat From Your Body
This dietary supplement works toward accelerating the process of fat-burning in your body. This helps eliminate unwanted fat from your body, thus reducing your weight and making you healthy. It also focuses on maintaining a healthy body mass index.
Helps Improve The Rate Of Metabolism
Puradrop helps improve your metabolic rate with the help of its natural and powerful ingredients. As a result of this improved metabolism, energy levels also are increased.
The fact that Puradrop extra strength gummies act as a detoxifying agent for your body also helps improve the rate of metabolism.
Helps Improve Your Overall Health
This weight loss dietary supplement helps improve your overall health. It helps boost immunity, improve the health of your digestive system and gut, suppress food cravings and appetite, prevent fatigue, etc.
Presence Of Power-Packed Ingredients
Puradrop extra strength gummies are made up of 6 powerful ingredients - Vitamin B12, Vinagre de Sidra de Manzana, Beet Juice Powder, Pomegranate Juice, Iodine, and Vitamin B6.
● Vitamin B12 - Helps maintain the health of your DNA and improves energy levels.
● Vinagre de Sidra de Manzana - Helps boost your metabolism and accelerates fat-burning.
● Beet Juice Powder - Helps maintain your heart health and also supports stamina.
● Pomegranate Juice - Contains a lot of nutrients that are helpful for your body like Vitamin C, Potassium, Vitamin K, etc.
● Iodine - Helps boost your immunity and strengthens your bones.
● Vitamin B6 - Rich in antioxidant properties.
How To Use Puradrop Gummies?
As per the manufacturer of the Puradrop extra strength gummies, you are recommended to consume one gummy daily in the morning before breakfast for a better start to the day and also for improving your overall functioning throughout the day.
One Puradrop bottle contains 30 gummies, and it lasts for 30 days. Regular consumption of these gummies in the recommended dosage for at least a few weeks would provide you with the best weight loss results.
Where Can You Purchase Puradrop Gummies?
The original Puradrop gummies can be bought from its official website only, that too at discounted pricing and a 100% money-back guarantee as well.
The pricing of the Puradrop bottles and the money-back guarantee are discussed below.
What Is The Cost Of Puradrop Gummies?
You can buy the Puradrop extra strength gummies for natural management of your body weight from its official website in any of the following 3 packages:
⇒ Visit the Official Website of Puradrop Weight Loss Gummies
- 30-day Supply Package: You get 1 Puradrop Bottle at $59 + pay an additional shipping charge.
- 90-day Supply Package: You get 3 Puradrop Bottles at $49 per bottle + pay an additional shipping charge. You will save $420 on the purchase of this package and also get 2 free bonuses along with it.
- 180-day Supply Package: You get 6 Puradrop Bottles at $39 per bottle + pay zero shipping charges. You will save $900 on the purchase of this package and also get 2 free bonuses along with it.
Is There A Money-Back Guarantee Offered On Puradrop Gummies?
You can purchase the Puradrop extra strength gummies for maintaining your body weight naturally and for detoxifying your body from its official website with an assured 180-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee, thus making the product risk-free to purchase.
So, in case you are unsatisfied with the product or don’t see any results, then you can contact their support team via a call or email and get your complete amount refunded back to you with no questions asked at all.
What Are The Customer Reviews About Puradrop Gummies?
Puradrop gummies have helped many consumers with their natural and plant-based formulations. The credit for this formulation goes to the goodness-packed and powerful ingredients that have been used in making these easy-to-chew gummies.
There are several Purodrop reviews by consumers that state that this weight loss supplement has worked the best for their bodies as compared to the other medications and pills. It has provided them with several health benefits.
This dietary supplement has helped men and women, irrespective of their age, in weight management. It acts as a brilliant detoxifier for their bodies, thus removing all the harmful toxins and cleansing the body thoroughly.
The Purodrop natural ingredients have made the supplement free from any side effects. These extra strength gummies have helped customers boost immunity, improve energy levels and metabolism, remove toxins, burn accumulated unhealthy fat, suppress appetite, cleanse the gut, improve digestion, reduce fatigue, etc.
In the end, it can be said that the formulation of Puradrop is so well done for managing the body weight of men and women as well as for detoxifying the body as well. This dietary supplement has been trusted by many users, as seen from the above customer reviews.
Puradrop also comes with a 100% satisfaction 180-day money-back guarantee on the purchase of all of its packages, as mentioned on its official website . So, purchase the Puradrop bottles now and experience the results for yourself! ⇒ Visit the Official Website of Puradrop Weight Loss Gummies
2023.06.05 06:13 plstcStrwsOnly Notes from the human body
If inclined, consider the idea of dunking one’s head face first into a bowl of ice water. One might observer how the body attempts to rectify the situation and the balance in you that comes after controlling the situation, always breathe first in through your nose, out through mouth.
For me, nitrous was a part of my life but it is no more. In nitrous I explored what it meant to asphyxiate, what it feels like to die, what it meant to become less and more unconscious, or how my body was ready to deal with the array of self destructive investigations that day.
In those times when my consciousness went out, only to be clicked back on as the air from my environment (and not the turkey bag with a mouth piece full of nitrous) slowly regained control over the abyss. When the light came back on and in times since under many circumstances, I visualized my child brain which never got to develop right (due to a bitch complication I had breathing difficulties and came out blue subsequently spent weeks in the hospital). In those moments when I come back to awake, it reset the base level circuitry where all connections converge. Forming new connections that I associate with positive and blessing, associations in part thanks to realizations from the dmt plant medicine, a therapist, a caring family, an awesome and supportive spouse, friends, and ketamine.
Since then I realized nitrous scratched an itch in me that I never understood. But as I dug deeper I discovered my subconscious deepest traumas, but it didn’t have to be like that for me if I could’ve found the right information.
Few lessons besides the obviously: Don’t use the compressed oxygen, can lead to permanent damage in the air sacs of your lungs. Once ok but do not incorporate into a habit of “getting higher this time” and it being a needed step.
Stop using alcohol mouthwash, kills good bacteria that make nitric oxide (not nitrous) from nitrites in beets (beet root powder gets the blood flowing btw)
Remember that your body really only knows what the pressure and quantity of cO2 is. The key is really all about partial pressure which isn’t well understood. Your body gets confused before it suddenly becomes aware we aren’t breathing as rapidly as it projected, and if the projection was lazy your breathing rhythm can get super out of whack! Blowing through a straw down into a cup of water is a cheap way to retrain your parasympathetic nervous system so as not to reinforce this new condition as a habit which is enforced with less resistance, (assuming one is inclined to be mixing nitrous with hallucinogenic substances that appear to increase neuro plasticity and perhaps play a role in neuro genesis) given the nitrous ability to release dopamine which is the neural pathway trainer.
Posture matters, be symmetrical, pitch your shoulders inflate your tummy.
Breathing nitrous through your mouth is one of the metabolically expensive parts related to abuse, because of the complex interactions of nitric oxide in your nasal cavalry (among over blood pressure and flow issues caused directly by the effects of the drug)
If you’re not just interesting in turning consciousness down, but simply the bounds of your consciousness, nitrous and dmt in my opinion are on opposite sides of the spectrum.
TLDR: when you’re done abusing nitrous (for the night or for life) simulate the experience you just induced by dunking your head under cold ice water, only rule is first breathe in should be in through the nose. This will help reset your nervous system and breathing, if you mouth breath during the night (wake up with dry mouth) tape your mouth shut for 1-7 days with micro pore tape to train your body.
submitted by plstcStrwsOnly
to NitrousOxide [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:13 lunathetraveller01 How do my friends and I tell one friend that we don’t want her to come on a trip/ we don’t want her to know(?)
We have this one friend 23F, that we have never been super close with, compared to each other. We come from a big group of 13 down to 8, still big but we are a lot closer and comfortable with each other than we are with her. Everyone is close with each other and after a few bumps we have refined our communication skills and get along really well, we have also been on many holidays with each other so we know each others boundaries.
In 2020, we invited her for the first time and it was not a comfortable experience, we felt as though we were obligated to invite her since our group had dwindled down and she WAS “close” to me and another. During that trip she was extremely difficult and wouldn’t compromise on what activities the group wanted to do, and would rather spend her time inside doing nothing. On one seperate occasion I had felt really uncomfortable as we have not established a close relationship where we would change in the same room, my friend and I are really close, but we are not at that stage as we have not had many instances where it happened. On this particular occasion, we were all at the beach having fun and playing in the water, after an hour or two she made me drive her around to find her a dress for dinner, when we had JUST gone shopping and I got one for myself, after we had returned from the beach, just the two of us, we were waiting for the others to get back to get ready to go out for dinner, I was one of the designated drivers so I wanted to get ready first, considering her shopping trip set us back an hour. As I was getting changed she had taken a shower and barged into the room we were sharing whilst I was indecent, she didn’t bother knocking or asking if she could come in. I was facing the window as she walked in and didn’t think much of it, as my other friends knew our boundaries when it came to room sharing, this next part made me feel extremely uncomfortable and a little violated, as she was fully undressed, I had turned around to grab my clothes when she stopped me and asked “do you think guys will like my boobs?” I was too shocked to even say anything as this was a clear line that I myself had drawn with my other female friends, this was not something that I am completely comfortable with. While it was not a major issue, it was a line she had crossed, and that is only one instance out of the many from the trip and in the friendship. The friendship that I personally have with her is more one sided, it’s always felt like I put more effort into it than she does, she is also very obsessive and does not like it when I hang out with the others, and this instance made it clear to me that she didn’t care about my feelings and was more worried about herself. And it was not only me that had an issue with her behaviour during the trip. After the incident I had kept it to myself out of fear I was making a bigger issue out of it than it really was, but I caved and needed to speak to one of them. I told my other friend what had happened and she told me that the same friend was also making her extremely uncomfortable, constantly staring at her and not making any effort to talk to her, but rather just complain on the phone to her mum. She’s a very awkward person that even if you tell her something direct, she will not understand what you mean, and proceed to do exactly what you tell her not to. And it’s not like I’ve made no effort to communicate all of my concerns with her, even after taking a year break from each other after we had a big sit down talk. She seems to have made no changes and is even worse than before. I ask this now as my other friends and I are planning a trip for our mid term uni break and want to go on a holiday, but we all have decided that we did not want her to come. We are unsure on how to tell her. This trip is no secret, as the whole group knows but only half are going/invited, and the others are fine with us going without them as we had talked about doing a uni trip, and considering the other half are full time workers. We had made sure that everyone was fine and happy with the plans and made sure they did not feel left out. But she is the only one that we are truely worried about. In the last couple months we have made sure to catch up as a group once a week to make up for this trip for those who are missing out, but each hang we have made the effort to invite her but she has declined each time. There’s is so much more behind the scenes besides her flashing me, but what should we do, as I’ve recently come to learn that we all have conflict with her, and are not comfortable spending a week with her 24/7. Any advice on how to handle this would be really helpful/ should we tell her?
There is so much more that I’d like to put down, but if there are any questions needed to under the context better, feel free to ask questions and we will try to answer them
submitted by lunathetraveller01
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:12 mcfly_jedi How long until Ocarina of Time Amiibo gives you Tunic of Time?
I’m new to using Amiibo and bought a few for TOTK, including the ocarina of time link. I’ve been trying for like 5 days straight but so far no tunic of time, just weapons. Is this normal? How long does it take usually to get the armor?
Also, this might sound dumb but the first time I used the amiibo the chest bounced off a ledge and into deep water where I was unable to retrieve it. Could it be that I’ve lost my chance entirely (as you can tell, I’m pretty bummed about not getting it yet lol).
submitted by mcfly_jedi
to tearsofthekingdom [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:08 SilverPadilly Kitty shouldn't have been the main character
Kitty was not interesting enough to have her own show. She did well as a second lead given her personality -- she was selfish, self-righteous, annoying, and a pretty bad friend.
She did absolutely whatever she wanted and didn't take in to account of other's feelings. Like even with Minho, who yes, was a dick to her, she really did not respect his space. She absolutely could have argued the whole roommate thing especially if this roommate was filming her while she slept. How does Kitty get expelled for the school's mistake but the creep streamer doesn't get in trouble?
Dae didn't really deserve all the issues Kitty brought when she came. Was it wrong of him to lie to her? Of course. But I feel like Dae had soooo much more going on with how the show hinted to him struggling with money, struggling with top marks, and the whole thing with Yuri to hide her sexuality to the general public for her parents. It wasn't enough to me to have more sympathy for Dae; but he definitely needed waaaaay more development and back story to suffice his choices and logic.
Boyscout Q was barely a character but I liked him so much more than Kitty. He had great chemistry with everyone, he's an actual good friend to Minho and Dae. He was the only one who was real with Kitty so she can stop living in her own bubble and called her out, which is something she desperately needed because her meddling was so annoying it wasn't even cute anymore.
Yuri is an absolute queen and I feel like her storyline was much more interesting than Kitty. I really think the show would have done better had the main focus was on Yuri and her issues, Dae with his, and how they intertwined since their secret relationship was barely explained.
Now this is no hate on the actress who played Kitty. She did a great job with what she was given. The whole show was not good. Sure, binge -able and dumb but there was so little effort done in this show that I don't even feel anything for the main characters because they lacked so much depth it's like stepping on a puddle of water that's already dried up.
The show did well with visuals, music, and set but that was it. There wasn't anything else to take away from this show in 8 episodes. It was rushed, too Disney-fied/Americanized (in my opinion it was). It didn't need to be a K-Drama but it could have been just so. freaking. better.
submitted by SilverPadilly
to XOKittyNetflix [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:07 franknorth2010 My dog Emma
I have a dog that is about two years old now, I have had her since she was a puppy, 8 weeks old. She is a mix between a mother that was half Lhasa-Apso/Cocker spaniel and a father that was 100% catahoula. This dog was trained from a puppy to deal with living in an apartment in a busy city. She was crate trained, potty trained (easier to do with crate training), trained how to safely eat from a human's hand, trained in voice, word, and deed how to deal with things in her environment from a very young age. She will never chew on anything that is not "hers" (toys) and you don't even need to worry about leaving a plate of human food around within her reach unattended (she won't touch it unless you tell her "ok" or "yes). Her name is Emma.
Myself, my SO, and Emma lived happily in that apartment for about 9 months, when we were given an opportunity to move to the "country", the outskirts of the city we live in, onto a 22 acre plot of land with a 2 acre "dogproof (fencing)" yard, to caretake a property while its owners were away for the next 5 years to take care of business interests in another country. The property includes a 3 bedroom house, a 2 bedroom with laundry room adjoining converted two car garage and additional storage room, a huge metal double-deep 4 (8?) car garage...a chicken yard, pond, cattle watering troughs...beautiful place. I met the owners years ago while doing computer work for them and their business and they trusted me and my partners to watch over this particular property while they carried out their hobby of traveling abroad and working on their businesses.
We moved in when Emma was 9 months old.
Immediately we could tell that there was something special about her. My partner and I are no strangers to owning and caring for dogs throughout the course of our lives....and for the first time, our beautiful puppy had a huge yard to wander around in, chickens to gawk at and eventually herd, and cattle all around the outside of the fenced-in yard around the house 2 acre fenced in yard for her to bark at...which she quit doing, after a week or so when she got used to them. There was an above-ground garden that we had to maintain, which attracted lots of frogs and lizards. Emma quickly learned that frogs and lizards were ok. She wouldn't attack them. But rabbits, gophers, and anything else was fair game. As we lived there, over the course of the winter Emma would defend the garden against the varmints, and we always worried about what would happen in the late spring/early summer, when the rattlesnakes would emerge from their hibernation.
We found out.
And, we found out just how instinctually smart our dog is.
As me and my SO were settling in to dinner inside the house during the early evening, we heard Emma barking outside.
Long. Loud. Continuously.
Not like her to do that unless there were a strange human around. She quit barking at the cows surrounding the yard a long time ago, so I knew she wasn't barking at them. I went outside to call her into the house, as well as try to see what she was barking at. She appeared to be barking at something in the middle of the area separating the main house from the 8 car barn. The light was getting low as I was approaching her and I saw that she was dancing a very agitated circle around something that looked like a large cow pattie on the ground. I could see that she was keeping at least 4 to 6 feet away from the object, barking like crazy, almost desperately. As I got closer, she all of a sudden ran towards me and put herself against my shins, as if trying to prevent me from getting closer to the object. I was trying to see what it was, and as soon as she did that, my brain kicked into high gear and I noticed the "buzzing" sound, which was from the rattle of a young rattlesnake. I walked away from Emma to the barn and got a hoe while letting her continue to keep the snake at bay, then safely walked up to within striking distance with my weapon and with a few quick blows, rendered the snake harmless. Emma finally stopped barking after she saw the snake in pieces. She knew it was dead and no longer a threat.
As to HOW she knew it was a threat, I have no idea. We never taught her about snakes. Myself and my S.O. think it was instinct, maybe from her catahoula father. I have seen many country dogs ATTACK rattlesnakes and get bit, usually in the head/snout/throat area, and yea, most of them survive, but they are never the same mentally. I was so proud of Emma that she alerted me without damaging herself so that I could take care of the rattlesnake that could be a potential threat to her and my loved ones in the future.
Now, before I have to listen to the outraged comments from the herpetologists out there...I recognize the fact that snakes play a very significant role in the environment and contribute greatly to the elimination of unwanted pests. But there are a great wealth of snakes in the area that take up that role without being poisonous and agressive. The only snakes that I kill are the poisonous ones and only if they are within the area of the yard and house. Otherwise, I let them be.
submitted by franknorth2010
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:07 Whodis916 I am TIRED of our friends taking advantage of us
I(30 M) and my SO(27 F) are ALWAYS taken advantage of by our friends. We have a weekly game night on Saturday. We always meet at a friends place as they have a house, and three out of 7 of our group live there.
However, my and my SO can host as well, as our apartment complex has a nice area for parties that has great AC, bathrooms, coffee, water, even a little kitchen.
Now that we have gotten through the backstory, let's proceed into just how they take advantage of us:
1 - We all agreed to see a movie together in theaters. I volunteered to get the seats, implying that that they would pay me back. Keep in mind, I never once said that I would pay for others' tickets, and it would be around $100+ dollars for minimum 8 tickets(we had a plus one). Never ONCE did they ask how they can pay me back. They met and my SO at the theater thanking me for buying everyone's tickets. I was caught off guard and just said sure, thinking that I would clear this up later as we were running late for the movie.
- We often order food together through Doordash, Postmates, you get the picture. I have had to ask the group TWICE to pay me back. One time they tried to not pay me! Only my SO sent me money for my food. And when they DO send me money, it's an arbitrary amount! I send the receipt to the group, so there is NO excuse to just send me $20 when you can clearly see on the receipt that your food was $18 and you still owe me for your portion of the tax AND delivery on top of that.
- Today, we were offered to host game night from one of our friends. I'm sick and recovering from a foot injury, and my SO just twisted her ankle a few hours before time, so I would be sitting this one out and my SO can't drive. Nope, they can't make it to us. They have to make sure that there dog eats dinner exactly on time(she has no issues with food, they just baby her). Don't worry, they waited until we agreed on it and set up and brought everything to the game room before telling us that they would really rather do it at their place because of the dog. God FORBID they lift a finger for us!
- One of the friends does crochet. When she started her business, she just asked my SO what her favorite color was. She told her Green, not thinking literally anything of it as it wasn't followed by anything. Next week she shows up with this crocheted thing(no idea what it is, my SO doesn't use it), and told her that it would be $20. Very confused and thinking that she misheard her(because why would a friend try to take advantage of you), she paid her. Later that night, she told me that she never once agreed to buy one of her crocheted things.
There are MANY more small things, but this is the general idea of what we are dealing with. I'm so fucking tired of how selfish they are, and I feel like our kindhearted nature is now being taken advantage of.
submitted by Whodis916
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:06 TechnicalWhore KQED - perennial fundraising?
Is it just me or does it seem like KQED is relentlessly fundraising? Its pledge break, pledge break, pledge break. And yet KQED produces very little content itself correct? I see so many shows coming from East Coast PBS stations but very very few from KQED. Sad as they have that fancy new building. You'd think with the amazing amount of talented folks in NorCal they could spin up some really compelling local content. - Ask Copolla to walk North Beach and explain how the Godfather came together. Ask Lucas what his vision was for the museum he wanted to build in the Presidio (now at USC). Talk to Alice Waters about the early days when it was a huge gamble. Or hop down to Silicon Valley (with KCSM) and tell the story of a postwar transition from produce to microchips. Human stories. I could go on. - Also PBS stations around the country have some low budget shows that are just fantastic! Pick a slot on a slow day and show us what the other PBS affiliates are proud of.
I'd think as one of the major fundraisers in the system they should be creating much more content. If I am wrong - please fill me in.
submitted by TechnicalWhore
to sanfrancisco [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:05 Rude-Leather-9402 Tips/Suggestions *first run*
| || |
First run as the title suggests; ~First sprouted 49 days ago (all sprouted within a week of the first) ~FF happy frog and FF ocean forest 50/50 mixed topped with happy frog a week ago ~660W Effinity light (second light stopped working so they're all sharing one) ~72-84 degrees (had a heat problem up to 90+ up till this week I bought a portable AC and it's been keeping it in the 72-84 range). ~Pineapple Express Autoflower by 420 fastbuds ~Some in 3gals some in 5 to see if I saw a difference ~general hydroponics grow, bloom and some cal mag. I gave them 1/4 dose of the recommended when they started flowering and the first true leaves started yellowing a couple weeks ago I think because my VPD was off (way too hot) they weren't able to uptake the nutrients well and started getting some nutrient burn so they've only had distilled water pH 7.0 for the past week. ~3 cups of water every 2 days. They seem to dry out completely within that time and I get some run off off all of them with 3 cups each. ~concerns: The yellowing has slowed a lot and the tips of most leaves show it but only a few have turned yellow, I cut off some of the yellow leaves the past few days so I can tell how it's progressing. I tried to show off the yellowing in a few of the pictures. ~the last two pictures of an individual plant is the only one out of the 9 to not start flowering yet. I did end up FIMing it when I topped a few so I'm not sure if it's just taking longer to recover or not. It is showing preflowering signs. ~Do I have a herm? It's my first time and I'm seeing buds but some of the pistils I believe are getting pretty big and somewhat look like balls so I need some help identifying, again I tried to take a couple close ups and good pictures where you can zoom a little to see them. ~all in all I've been learning a lot with this first run and am enjoying the ride but have a few questions and don't frequently talk to anyone with experience. I know a lot of things to do better next time but I'm looking for any tips/advice for this run or the next. submitted by Rude-Leather-9402 to Autoflowers [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:05 Hygge-126 The first thing I crocheted…
| || |
I’m in summer break and I decided to learn how to crochet. This is my first thing I crocheted. I used milk cotton yarn and 3.0mm crochet hook. Can you give me some advice or experience? Thank you !!!!! submitted by Hygge-126 to crochet [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 06:04 Alarming_Director236 Brinks Home Security Scam
I live in a neighborhood where there’s a bunch of door-to-door salespeople that come by. Usually I tell them no through my nest doorbell camera, but one guy wouldn’t leave and wouldn’t take no for an answer. He stated that there was a 30-day free trial for Brinks Home Security and I wouldn’t have to pay anything and at least he would get paid. I just wanted him to leave, so I stupidly agreed. When I went to go cancel it, I was told there’s no such thing as a free trial with them, and now I’m stuck in a 36 month contract laying $75/mo or pay $2k to buy out the contract. I can’t afford it, especially since I just gave birth and haven’t been back to work yet. I talked to a supervisor and he said the best he can do is to take off the first month’s payment, which he did not do. I took off my payment info so that they don’t charge me again, but they keep calling me over and over again. I emailed the CEO and he said someone will call me, but I don’t know how well that will go. My husband says I should just not pay it. They’ll send it to collections and it’ll mess up my credit, but it’ll fall off in a couple years. Since we aren’t buying anything anytime soon, he says it doesn’t matter it my credit isn’t good right now. He’s concerned that the holes they made to install the cameras are going to allow water into the foundation.
submitted by Alarming_Director236
to Scams [link] [comments]