Tokyo steakhouse fall river
(Demotivated) Trauma, the meaning less of this Duniya, fate and Allah's mercy
2023.05.29 22:48 AnnualPoint7080 (Demotivated) Trauma, the meaning less of this Duniya, fate and Allah's mercy
As Salamu Alaikum
(brothers and sisters please forgive the typos and the overall bad structure of the text since English is not my native language )
I was born in a Muslim family and since I was very young I was slowly taught the basics of the Deen including the pillar some of the Surahs from Juzu Amma and so on. And of course right and wrong, heaven and hell fire were amongst them. I remember going to the masjid with my father when I was around 6 and curiously listening to the Imam. so when I was around this age something happened which I still can't quite completely process whether it was real or a dream I had (NSFW alert) a girl around my age (not sure if she was a relative of ours, but I used to think of it as she was one) was playing with me and we went to the side of the house and she shows me he private parts and asked me the same and rubbed it against her's. that's all I remember but after this event, I couldn't keep it out of my mind and I think I was around 7-9 when I felt like it was a Zina ( I know it wasn't since but that was how I was thinking of it) I know this is a very young age but when I was going to the masjid and the Imam was talking Zina I used to remember this and it made me very uncomfortable. Anyways this stayed in my head until I was around 18 and I remember sometimes I used to cry in my bed when these thoughts came back and I was too ashamed to talk about it to anyone. after 18 I realised even if it was real there was nothing that can be done and it was not my fault but it kind of affected my personality and this part is just for the context. I think this made me a bit too religious at a very young age and I used to think about life and death at a very young age. I used to consume lots of Islamic content (Khutbas, articles in general but not in a systematic way or books). So these generally transformed me from a naughty gut to a shy, a bit introverted, people pleasing and also a bit more articulate ( compared to my friends in general). I slowly started to preach to my friends about different things, especially the Deen. but on the other hand, I was demotivated about life I always thought It was all planned and dusted and no matter how much I try I can only change one variable and the thousands of the other variables are controlled by Allah and it, in the end, gonna affect my variable and at the end, all that's going to happen its what all has already written for me ( this is my current belief). these feelings got intensified after two major even in my 19-22 ( first I got diagnosed with a chronic disease which made 60-70% of what normal people and I used to eat hard to eat and digest (this, in turn, made my skinny, depressed, unconfident. and the second event was when I fell in love (Unrequited love) with someone who I found smarter, reacher and way more attractive than me and too went and told her but was so bad at communicating and low-in confidence that ruined that thing at couldn't tale to her for more than 15 minutes in 2 times ( anyways she got married to a guy opposite to me rich, confident, high social status(because of his father) and yeah this made me hate myself more and made me feel like a victim of Allah's destiny and took around 2 years to get over the thing and stop breaking down in my room when I thought I had no control (unfortunately I still hate the guy and feel like he was lucky and he had it easy) ). Now these things passed but I still have no motivation. There's nothing that sparks my interest and motivates me. I sin cause I know Allah is merciful and he sets the variables that set me up for sin for me to repent (as weird as it sounds but sadly that's how I think of it at this moment). I plan to get married but I'm afraid to stay as ignorant, demotivate, nihilistic and aimless as I am now. I'm afraid that I use marriage to cope with my heartbreak and I never truly fall in love with the person. these and some few insecurities I have haunt me daily and have crippled me from doing anything meaning full. the time passes I get older ( now 26 ). I hate to start from zero and I hate to be a grown-up infant. there are days when I truly wish I do not wake up the next and I wish that I never existed. I fear eternal hell fire but the heavens and it's but doesn't make me motivated I feel like what do I do to the buildings, rivers, and women of the heavens when I still can't enjoy what Allah provided on this earth, what's the point of being dumb and going to hell? what's the point of having virgins in heaven when I can't make one of the women on earth truly love me? if you have come here and could advise me in any way please do so. if not please at least make sincere dua for me.
submitted by AnnualPoint7080
to MuslimLounge [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:43 the8nizz4 Camping Trip to Kings River Falls, Arkansas
2023.05.29 22:41 Dear-Manufacturer520 People suck
I’ve had my car for THREE days and I already had someone fall asleep on top of my hood and just now as I’m leaving the river, going back to my car, this lady is organizing her stuff on top of my trunk. How tf is this acceptable to people? Lesson learnt, ill uber from now on but I’m just baffled of how inconsiderate people are.
submitted by Dear-Manufacturer520
to BMW [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:31 Killerlad_21 25 [M4F] - Ireland/anywhere/online - irish tattooed alt guy to chat and see where things go!
Hello, my name is Jack and I’m pretty much what the title says! I’m a 6’2 tattooed emo nerd with a bad bod without the kids. You can see what I look like on my page. I’m just looking to chat and see where things go! So here is a bit more about me ☺️
- I’m a massive film fan. I studied it at university and I’ve created a few short films in my time. Some of my favourite films are Paddington 2, the wind rises, perfect blue, Pans labyrinth and Oldboy just to name a few. I have a blu-ray collection of 160 films currently which has all different types of films there. Tell me about your favourite film and why?
- I’m a big music person. I will mainly listen to rock, alternative, emo, indie and anything else like that. Some bands/artist I enjoy are twenty one pilots, my chemical romance, Enter Shikari, fall out boy, paramore, linkin park, Joji, Japanese Breakfast and Eden. I love concerts a lot, currently I’m going to 9 in total this year!
- I’m a big weeb. I love anime and manga. Some anime I love is fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, mob psycho 100, devilman crybaby, jujutsu kaisen, cyberpunk edge runner and more. As for manga I’m currently reading Kaiju No. 8, chainsaw man, and black clover. I enjoyed all Fujimoto one shots, Tokyo ghoul, and Haikyu!
- I’m big into nature, hiking and walking. I’ve started hiking this year and connecting with nature. I have a few plants which I look after and love a lot haha. They help me a lot
- Lastly I enjoy body mods. I have 14 tattoos ranging from anime, music and films to mental health and sentimental stuff.
That’s pretty much me! If you’re reading this I’d love to hear from you but please make a lil bit of effort in. Have a good day ☺️
submitted by Killerlad_21
to r4r [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:28 Aisling_The_Sapphire Subnautica: The Definitive No-Spoilers Guide For New Players
Updated May 2023
I recently changed Reddit accounts and it's been about a year, so it seemed prudent to repost this for visibility. :) https://subnauticamap.io/
- This is an interactive map of the crater. However, be warned that it will show the general location of things you need to find. This can be toggled but if you have zero point of reference for the places mentioned in this guide, this map should provide one.
General tips are at the bottom, however, they rely on you having played at least part of the way through the game so I don't recommend checking them until at least part 3, AKA "Going Traveling"
Subnautica is a game primarily about exploring your environment while overcoming the trepidation that the game sets up in you over doing so. Although there isn't a perfect guide to being able to clear the game, there also isn't an unambiguous path of progression for the player, either.
Consequently new players often find themselves at an impasse in terms of progression and where to go. The following is a no-nonsense, straight to the point guide on how to progress, but it's not a bible. You can do most of this just by exploring and wandering around. A blind playthrough is critical to the first time player experience. This is often true of every game but for Subnautica it makes or breaks the whole story - you need to have no idea what the hell is going on the first time you clear the game. If you spoil it for yourself you will regret it, please believe me in this.
This guide is meant to give you a nudge when you find you don't know where to go next, it's not really meant as a walkthrough, even though it can be used as one. Do yourself a favor friends, don't go wandering /subnautica
or the wiki too much and this guide will not lead you astray. It is written specifically
for brand new players.
When you first arrive on 4546b, you find yourself with basically nothing. You're hungry, thirsty, your lifepod is broken and your cookies are gone. The Aurora is burning (and you nearly did too) but despite all that, you're alive and this planet is about to get some Ryley in it.
The environment around you has most of what you need to get started. The metal scrap strewn around the shallows provides an easy source of Titanium while you can break limestone and sandstone to get the minerals you need for your starting tools. You'll want the quartz you find for glass.
Although you have a number of options for making equipment, at this stage I don't recommend using resources for the air pump or pipes. Truth is they don't really have much use; they create a breathing line from the surface for when you're diving, but they're expensive and there's better alternatives in your near future.
Once you have a scanner and knife, take the time to scan everything you can. All the local wildlife can be scanned and most of the flora. Your objective at this point is to build a repair gun, knife, seaglide, flashlight and scanner.
Now that you've got your basic tools and you can get around a little, it's time to begin exploring. At this point you've seen the deeper waters on the edges of the kelp forest.
It's time to go take a look.
The red grassy plains have what you need to progress to deeper waters. You'll want to explore the wrecks there. There are four grassy plains surrounding the shallows at compass points and cave systems exist in three of them which will become relevant later, but are largely out of your reach for now.
It is out here that you will find fragments necessary for an important task you must complete soon. Raiding the aurora will require the laser cutter you learn to make here. You'll also want a propulsion cannon, which you can find the fragments to near the side of the Aurora. DO NOT GO AROUND THE BACK OF THE AURORA. SERIOUSLY. You are not prepared for that level of giggling insanity yet.
By now you've fixed the radio and may have triggered the sunbeam event, in which case you will want to go follow that. Give yourself the full span of time to go to the island and explore unless you'd prefer to explore after the event, but don't let yourself get distracted by what you find there and miss the ship arriving.
The signals you've been getting are important prompts and need to be checked out when possible, so make sure you take the time to do that. Also, when you go to either island DO NOT PARK YOUR SEAMOTH NEAR THE BEACH. DO NOT PARK YOUR SEAMOTH NEAR THE BEACH.
There is a real risk of it phasing through the ground and becoming inaccessible and then you'll end up on this subreddit asking how to get it back like the other 5 guys a week. Seriously.
Also note that bringing an ion cube to the top of the mountains caves will let you do something interesting up there, but I won't be specific. A scanner room at this spot is ideal not just to track the reaper leviathan on the eastern side of the island
but there is quite a lot of shale and lithium here as well, which is probably something you're gonna want.
At this point you should have a seamoth, your basic tools, a laser cutter, propulsion cannon and lead suit. You are prepared. It's time to go to the Aurora... but only if you've gotten the communication from Alterra with the captains door code. Otherwise, you must wait for that radio event. You can go explore the ship anyways of course, but not having the code means you can't get into the captains room, requiring you to go back and get it later. So it's up to you. You can open the door anyways if you get the code off the internet or something but since the game gives it to you anyways, you can always wait for the prompt. If not, the door code is 2679 If you have a cyclops I don't recommend taking it, since reapers hang out at the front and back ends of the ship. However, a seamoth is small enough to fit through the broken superstructure of the ship at the front and thus avoid this danger.
There are two ways to access the ship and although it seems impossible, you CAN in fact climb up to access the open one. Otherwise, you can use the prop cannon to move the debris out of the way of the door near water level. Be sure to take the time to explore inside and use the carry-all bags to leave stuff you want to keep from the ship out the front so you can come back and pick it all up later. There's lots of useful stuff in there.
As a side note here, the leech-like things that annoy you in the reactor room are called Bleeders. I hate Bleeders personally, but I noted that if you grab one with the propulsion cannon and fling it into the wall
out of sheer spite
then other bleeders will be attracted to the body, which makes grabbing and doing the same to them quite easy. Clearing the entire room of those little #*([email protected]
's only takes a couple minutes.
You can get the codes for various rooms inside from the PDA's you find. Also note that some doors can only be opened once you repair them. Sometimes the Aurora glitches and these repair sections don't work but because the ship has two entrances, you can always go around the back to clear the whole thing, which is... annoying. If you don't mind being patient, leaving the Aurora and doing other things for awhile will reset the wreck, allowing you to come back later and potentially be able to repair the doors then.
The codes for the ship are: Cabin No. 1: 1869 Captain's Quarters: 2679 Cargo Bay: 1454 Lab Access: 6483
Time to go down
With the Aurora repaired you have the ability to wear things other than the lead suit, so it's time to chuck that in the trash 'cuz you won't need it again. It's time to get the outer wrecks in the zones beyond the shallows and hoo boy
ain't that gonna be an experience.
The cyclops is your friend here. But what's this, you don't have a cyclops? Well, that's okay. You may have found one of the engine fragments on the aurora in the cargo bay but if you missed it, it's not really a big deal. Your next objective to build one is to go explore mushroom forest and the underwater floating islands
for the fragments you'll need. If you've been following your radio signals you've probably been to the aurora rendezvous point by now, but if not, take the time to go thoroughly explore that island. One of the PDAs you need to find the next place is not at the degasi base, but on one of the paths of the island near an arch of rock.
You'll need to explore the island thoroughly to find it. Make sure to scan everything and bring back plant samples if you have a seabase. You can use plant pots to keep food trees on your cyclops for easy access to food without worrying about curing everything all the time.
Once you have the cyclops, you need to take the time to upgrade your seamoth to depth so you can explore the various wrecks, supplement your PDA database and establish yourself properly for long-term operations. At this point in the game you should be aiming for or already have: A seabase, even a basic one. A couple corridors with lockers are invaluable for storage and operations and the scanner room is MISSION CRITICAL. If you haven't built one yet, get on that! A seamoth, either at or being upgraded to 500m depth Knife, flashlight, repair gun, seaglide, scanner, laser cutter, propulsion or repulsion cannon, rebreather
Be sure to check everything, then check it again! It's easy to miss things on the island. Be sure to check the buildings on the tops of the hills there too. Although it would be nice to be able to plant land beacons (hint hint, Unknown Worlds), it's not feasible for marking out the precursor gate on the floating island
so unfortunately, it's not of much use unless you have your base on one island or the other. I don't recommend the floating island for this for reasons which will become apparent later in the game.
Looking into the abyss
If you've explored most of or all of the wrecks and no longer have missing technology, it's time to go deeper. If you've been following your PDA signals you need to check out the degasi bases and follow their story, as they lead you to a large, deep cave which is the path to deeper places you need to explore.
There are several inlets to the place you need to reach. Northern Bulb Zone where it meets Mountains has a large entrance. Blood Kelp Zone and Trench both have entrances. The last one is in deep grand reef, where the final Degasi base is.
I personally recommend either Deep Grand Reef
or Bulb Zone
but the latter has the most accessibility.
Raiding the final Degasi Base before exploring this cave system will get you the orange precursor key
which you'll need to access something hidden at the southern end of the caves near blood kelp trench's entrance
. While working down here I strongly recommend making liberal use of beacons as navigational guides if you're new to this place. It is VERY confusing and looks very same-y if you haven't spend a lot of time here.
Deep inside the caves you'll come upon a chamber with a massive skull sitting on a chunk of land in the middle and access to a slightly lower part of the cave system which is not
green. This is the Cove Tree Cave
and the brine there will not hurt you the way the green brine does. This leaves you able to free dive there to gather materials without needing to rely on your prawn.
This chamber with the skull is, in fact, the central chamber of Lost River. It is an excellent place for building a scanner station and the entire area is ludicrously rich in resources. It's a perfect place to stock up and catch up any upgrades, tools or devices you may be lacking so far. You'll want the resource stocks for later and honestly, it's just a really cool place to have a base in general.
The Disease Research Facility
is in the north-eastern arm of Lost River, accessible through the Bulb Zone
entrance. A juvenile ghost leviathan guards the path but as with most leviathans, operating in silent running and staying above or below it while sticking to the cave walls will get you by without any issue. If they do notice you, just pop a decoy, go full speed for about 5-8 seconds and then drop the engine to low and stay in silent running until you get far enough for the big ugly to stop bothering you.
The southern part of Lost River holds a large chamber with a ghost leviathan juvenile
and houses another rather large skeleton. This area in particular is rich in large ore deposits and crystallized sulfur
that you'll be needing for some big upgrades.
By the way, remember the cyclops shield? By now you're probably noticing that using the auxiliary functions on the cyclops eats a lot of power. Redundant power cells are your friend and if you feel you're worried about power costs while exploring, you lose nothing by having a buttload of spare power cells. It can pay off, being able to spam the shield for awhile and run away.
You'll want that shield for what's coming next.
Once More Unto The Deep
By now you've probably explored Lost River a bit and you're wondering where to go from here. If you've built a scanner room in the central chamber, you'll have noticed that the scanner, when at full range, shows a chamber below Lost River.
This is the inactive lava zone and it is here your answers lay.
You have two access points to reach this chamber. The North-east
arm past the disease research facility
and the cove tree caves
. Both entrances are equally difficult to get through but the first one feels more open, if you don't mind the ghost leviathan circling around above the opening.
This chamber is rich with even more valuable resources, if you somehow haven't got enough already. The cove tree cave
entrance leads to the western part of the ILZ chamber. The North-east
entrance leads to the north edge of the chamber. The chamber itself is rather oval-shaped, with the western edge of it relatively empty and the eastern part containing a massive lava bubble.
If you wander around down here long enough the PDA will prompt you to take a look at that bubble a bit more closely. You will need two purple precursor keys to access the facility inside.
Now that you're down here you'll notice there's a fair number of warpers, crimson rays (who are harmless) and leech-like things which will attach to the hull of your ship and drain power. That sounds like a problem, doesn't it?
Don't worry though, we got you covered. Once you're down here, go grab some kyanite and you can build the cyclops thermal reactor
which pretty much eliminates the whole running out of power problem. The shield is a great way to get the leeches off your hull
at the same time.
As for the leviathan, the sea dragon isn't actually a whole lot of threat. It might spit fire at you and is capable of picking up and biting the prawn but will mostly ignore you if you don't go hanging out in front of it
With that said, treat it like any other leviathan while in the cyclops. Drive slow, keep an eye on it and if it gets curious, drop a decoy and move away ASAP. Cutting your engines once you've gotten a little distance will almost always make them lose interest.
But Wait, There's More!
If you've explored the inner depths of the lava bubble, then you have the blue key, ion battery plans and have opened the portal to the QEP
. Great! Now coming down here in the prawn isn't a big deal and you don't have to drive the cyclops all the way down here to go grab resources. A small scanner base down here would be great for quickly finding what you need.
As you can probably guess, there's an even deeper chamber than this, which is the active lava zone. You can find the entrance by following the lava flows around the ILZ and keeping an eye on the floor. You'll find a large space big enough for the cyclops to lower down into.
Down here you'll find 2 sea dragons to avoid, so don't you get conservative with your power. By now you'll probably have built ion power cells and those can run your shield and sonar together for a full 5 minutes with silent running going so don't be shy about using them!
Getting into the alien base
down here will require two blue keys
, one for accessing the facility, the other for accessing the inner facility. It is here you will find the ion cube fabricator
which requires the prawn. You can use this to open the warp gates
in the facility. Six ion cubes in total are required for this. Four for the warp gates on the upper floor and two in the Sea Emperors tank
. One of these leads back to the upper floor, if you find you're struggling to get back out. This gate in particular is about halfway up the tank at the back and sits on a large ledge. An ion cube is provided to activate it, giving you a way to walk out of the tank if you find you're struggling to get out.
And... that's pretty much it, really. After that encounter you'll know where to go and what to do. The paths laid out for you in the final facility
lead you to the places you need to go to find the things you require.
Tips and tricks
- Keep floaters in your cyclops. When you're operating above 500m, running out of power, floaters will allow you to passively bring your ship to the surface without power expense so that you can resupply it. This is pretty much a last ditch move but it never hurts to be prepared.
- You can fit up to 8 basic plant pots in an observatory, which will grant you twice the amount of growing space as an indoor grow bed for the same amount of floor space while also making the crops more easily accessible.
- The engine comparment of the cyclops has a lower deck behind the vehicle bay which everybody ignores, but it's a great spot for plant shelves and marble melons for food security.
- Load your vehicles. Dedicate storage in them to supplies. Water, food, medkits, beacons, flares (bonesharks and crabsquids react to them) and spare power supplies for the vehicles. Keep this kit supplied and you will never be caught unprepared for an 'oh crap' situation.
- Okay, so you don't want to give up inventory space for your vehicles. The next best thing is then to fill a watertight locker or two with food, water, medpacks and maybe a couple spare batteries and power cells, then drop them someplace with a beacon next to them. Do this a dozen times in random spots around the map as you travel and now you have emergency caches you can access if you get into trouble.
- When you reach the point where materials gathering is easy, consider creating vehicle-creation drop points. 2-3 spots on the map with a mobile vehicle bay, a couple lockers with everything you need for a new seamoth and some basic supplies. If you lose your vehicle, it's a lot easier to make a replacement and get the mats than to get the mats to make a replacement.
- The propulsion gun is your friend. Use it to grab items to pick up, use it to grab cave crawlers and yeet them into low orbit, use it to pick up rocks and fling them at things you particularly don't like. Use it to collect gas pods from gasopods without getting hit by the cloud. Use it to move debris in wrecks. Bring a spare battery specifically for it because flinging things around uses a lot of power but the sheer utility of the tool makes it worth the cost.
- You'll be tempted to deck your seamoth out with all the toys but the truth is once you have the prawn, it's obsolete. Don't fall into the temptation of continuing to build tons of upgrades for it unless you plan to use it for a fast-fetch vehicle for things you need from far away. However, with that said, the seamoth is really the superior vehicle for wreck-diving.
- Keeping a second air tank in your inventory and swapping them mid-dive is a perfectly viable option. However, the tanks only refill when wearing them, so make sure to switch again once you're back in breathing space. This can and will save you when wreck diving and two ultra high quality tanks equals 450 seconds of air in total, or 7m30s of air.
- Speaking of air, you can use the air bladders alternate use key (F on PC - the same button for self-scanning) to get a few seconds of air out of it into your tank. It's not much - 20 seconds or so - but sometimes, that little bit extra can save your life if you're just out of reach of your vehicle.
- You can collect flora and fauna samples as you progress through the game and have a garden base specifically for growing plant samples from around the crater. Obviously this looks really nice (creepvine in an alien tank under the floor provides the room in your base with a nice golden glow) but is also useful later.
- SCANNER ROOMS. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. If you're struggling to find the magnetite, go to Jellyshroom. If you're struggling to find Jellyshroom, always remember that lifepod 17 is directly next to one of its exit points. The range upgrades are incredibly important and the HUD chip makes the whole thing work.
- Farm supplies! You don't need to work or power anything to grow crops. Consider dropping a foundation with some growbeds, a beacon and your farmables (gel sack, creepvine seeds, creepvine samples, acid mushroom, blood oil and deepshrooms). Now you can stock up on things like batteries, rubber, lubricant, benzene, polyaniline. Keep a few of these crops in your cyclops for planting in new spots and never run out of the stuff you need while keeping your home base nice and lag free.
- Creature decoys can be deployed both by hand and by prawn propulsion arm, which lets you pull items out of your inventory to 'throw'. You can also do this with the propulsion cannon by using the F key (the alternate tool use button, the same one you use to self-scan, for all you console folks).
- Turning off your engines greatly reduces the chance of a leviathan damaging the cyclops, even if it's right on top of you. Moving is what gets their attention. If one is swimming near the sub, cut all engines and just wait patiently for it to get a little distance, then silent running and max speed for a few seconds. Pop a decoy for good measure if you want to make absolutely sure.
- You can access the right side of the Aurora relatively safely by going south to Crag Zone and then banking east into the deeper parts of crash zone. Most of the reapers are up by the ship, sticking to the bottom will keep you relatively safe and net you as much titanium as you will ever need.
- Blood kelp zone, the sea treader wreck and the meteor crater in Dunes all have secrets that you may find interesting.
- Remember the Bleeders in the reactor room of the Aurora? Bring a grav trap along - they're cheap, it's disposable - and enter through the top door by climbing along the wreckage up there. Pop the grav trap in the reactor room and kill one of them with the propulsion cannon - the others will come for the body and be stuck in the trap, making picking them off much, much easier than it would be trying to find them all individually. You can just leave the trap behind. If you have the stasis gun, you can wait for them to stack up in the grav trap, stun them, then drop gas pods amidst the several bleeders and watch them get bodied.
- Gas pods 'o doom also work against leviathans. They work against EVERYTHING. You just need a lot of them, but getting a lot of them is really easy with the propulsion cannon (which can fire them too, by the way).
- Reefback barnacles are a good source of copper and silver, but beware the tiger plants on their backs. If you have a reinforced dive suit, tiger plants can't hurt you, but without one they're a pain. You can yeet them with the propulsion cannon. That trick works for drooping stingers too.
- Beacons everywhere. No seriously, everywhere. You'd be amazed how few people use them as much as they ought to be used.
- Eastern red grass plains has deep caves with a type of plant which can only be found in a few select spots on the map. Bulb Zone's lifepod has caves with some nearby and the Dunes also has some, but a Reaper is guarding them. If you do manage to find the spot though, it's GREAT for rubies!
- Scanner room cameras are a good way to keep track of nearby leviathans. They also force the terrain to load, which is required for the scanner room to actually pick things up. Stalkers will snag the cameras and move them around, but they're pretty useful for quickly getting the scanner room working right. The wildlife ignores the cameras too, so if you want a really nice picture of some creature you really hate getting close to, they're a great way to get it.
- Breed some stalkers, release them outside your base next to a pile of metal scrap and never worry about finding teeth for glass again. Barring that? Drop a random beacon in the kelp forest and wait for a stalker to collect it, follow it back to their stash and drop a grav trap.
- Light sticks can be good for wreck diving, as are flares. Flares provide much better lighting in large open spaces than the flashlight or seaglide. It makes them a good alternative to the flashlight in the early game.
DO NOT PARK YOUR SEAMOTH NEAR THE BEACHES. DO NOT PARK YOUR SEAMOTH NEAR THE BEACHES. DO NOT PARK YOUR SEAMOTH NEAR THE BEACHES.
- The following is a list of zones where one can find particular ores. It isn't a complete list, but will allow you to find everything you need in a timely fashion:
Lithium - Jellyshroom, Bulb Zone, Mushroom Forest, Lost River
Loose Lithium - Mushroom Forest, Mountains, Grand Reef, Shale, lost river
Magnetite - Jellyshroom is the only biome with large nodes
Loose Magnetite - Jellyshroom, mountains, cove tree cave, blood kelp zone, lost river
Rubies - Dunes, Spare Reef Caves, Lost River, Grand Reef, Underwater Islands
Diamonds - Lost River, Shale, Inactive Lava Zone, Sea Treader Path, sometimes caves
Table Coral - Shallows, Lost River
Copper - Mushroom forest, blood kelp zone, bulb zone, lost river, limestone, Inactive Lava Zone
Silver - Crag Zone, Mountains, Lost River, sandstone, Inactive Lava Zone
Gold - Jellyshroom, Blood Kelp Zone, Lost River, sandstone, shale
Lead - Sandstone, mountains, crash zone, lost river, Inactive Lava Zone
Titanium - Crash Zone, Dunes, Limestone, Lost River, Inactive Lava Zone
Metal Salvage - Crash Zone, Crag Zone, Kelp Forest
Kyanite - Inactive Lava Zone
Crystalline Sulfur - Lost River
Nickel - Lost River
Uraninite - Blood Kelp Zone, Blood Kelp Trench, Lost River, Inactive Lava Zone, Grand Reef
Quartz - Dunes, Crag Zone, Lost River, Inactive Lava Zone, Red Grassy Plains
If you're reading this guide and have any suggestions for additional information, feel free to share them for the next iteration.
Good luck, survivor!
submitted by Aisling_The_Sapphire
to subnautica [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:10 Ok_Iloveass_ooo9 the real moment shiv decided to betray ken
i know some people here is saying that she decided against it when she saw ken putting his feet on the table or with the stewy pitch but i guess this is not true at all
the moment the thought of betrayal had entered shiv*s mind is when tom told her he is the one mattson picked as CEO
and you can say a lot of things about shiv as a character but the only true fact about her is that she is a scorpion she would do whatever she can to fuck ken over cause it is her nature
she was only contend with ken early in the episode cause she basically saw no other option at all so she does what she always do when her schemes blow up on her face fall back on her family but the moment tom had provided her with the poison an opportunity to sting him to sink ken
and the legend of the scorpion and the frog goes like this
A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature."
she stung ken regardless of the fact that they will both sink it is just her nature and she stayed true to it till the last moment of the show a nature which correlates even with her name
submitted by Ok_Iloveass_ooo9
to SuccessionTV [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:50 jpitha Just A Little Further 15/40
I was furious
The Aviens and Mariens in charge here thought they could control us with the gift of a false translator. They watched our arrival with glee probably. Our power is self evident and were relying on naïveté in order to control us.
As I strode along towards the administration building, Ava, Fer'resi and Mei'la struggled to keep up; I was walking with purpose
. "Melody!" Ava called out. "If you slow down, we can walk with you and it will look more like a precession than some retainers struggling to keep up!"
I stopped. She had a point. I dressed like this and applied my mantle in order to impress. Empresses never rushed
. Everything waited for them. We took a moment to get our bearings and look around.
Maybe I shouldn't have stopped.
Everyone was watching us, staring. They weren't running, but shops put shutters down, and were bringing chairs and tables closer to exits. Nobody left but people were making sure they were behind something sturdy while still having a view of the promenade.
Interestingly, the children were not frightened. I saw a small school of kids - all different types - who were peering owlishly through an open door. I met their eyes and spread my wings just a tiny bit and ruffled them. They all laughed and cheered. I don't expect them to know who I am or what I am doing, but when a women dressed in a beautiful outfit and a crown and wings made of light waves to you, it's a great day when you're 4.
We start walking again, this time at a slightly more sedate pace. While I walk, I'm trying out things. I'm trying to grill my Nanites for information. Does this starbase have an AI? No, Builders tended to run their own Starbases. They had no need for AI.
While we're walking, I turn back. "What do you think everyone?"
Ava's head is on a swivel, with wide eyes and a big grin. "This is amazing Melody, it's so much... more than any Starbases back home. I wonder if they have shopping?" She gasps. "How do they do money? I wonder if they still have currency or is it all digital? I can't wait to see.
"Mei'la looks thoughtful. "They sure are wasteful with power here. I wonder if they just have that much of a surplus or if we could bring some efficiencies in and help people.
"Fer'resi just looks worried. "I understand why you brought me Em-er, Melody, but I must admit I am not looking forward to this confrontation."
I scoff gently. "Confrontation? We're just going to go to the administrative offices, explain that we are willing to look at what happened as a mistake and ask for a proper translator. I'm sure it'll be fine." When I say it out loud, I realize that it probably won't go that way. But, I don't want to worry him. That is worrying him more.
It'll be fine.
As we rounded the final corner to the administrative building, I saw it. There were barricades set up around the building, and a mix of Mariens and Aviens were standing guard every meter or so, facing out, weapons free, but not being pointed at anyone.
When we got about 3 meters away, the closest one called out. "Halt! The Administrative offices are closed by order of the Regents. You must come another day."
I put my hands on my hips and looked at them. I spread my golden wings just a bit to look larger. The Aviens who spoke the order looked at me, very nervous."Thank you citizen." I say kindly. "I appreciate your loyalty to your supervisor, it is to be commended. Now that you have completed your task, step aside and allow us to pass. No harm will come of you - you followed your orders to tell us to leave. We will not harm you." I gesture back to my team. "As you can see, we are unarmed."
He laughed weakly. "No Builder is truly unarmed."
I nod, when you have a voice that people can be compelled to obey, he's right. I sigh. He's going to make me say it isn't he? He wants to experience it as much as he wants to be able to say he tried to resist when his supervisor reprimands him.
I say it as gently as I can. As one, every Aviens and Mariens moves two steps away from the barricade. The one who spoke to me shudders and sighs happily.
"Ew" I say out loud.
"What is it? Ava asks, looking towards me.
"That one-" I point to the Aviens I've been talking to "-liked it when I ordered him around."
"I mean, I get it." Ava said, blushing.
I looked back at her and raised an eyebrow. She blushed harder. "I'm just saying that lots of people really like it when a powerful, beautiful woman orders them around, they don't even have to have the Voice that compels people for them to like it."
"Like, a sex thing?" I ask, confused.
"It can be, but it doesn't have to be" Ava replied, slightly defensively.
"Do you want to be ordered around by me?" I asked. Why did I ask that? I don't know which answer I wanted to hear.
She looked away "I wouldn't... mind it." She said.
As we walk in, once again we're in the large, open, impressive vestibule. Over in a corner is a desk where one of the insect people - I really need to learn their names - is sitting looking bored I think. They have a book open and were reading. I stride up to them."Hello. Please tell me where I can find Starlight on a Moonless Evening or Vivvex please." I try not to use the voice this time.
Incredibly, they look over at me and their expression does not change. They are utterly unimpressed. "The Regents are in a meeting and have stated that they are not to be disturbed. I can take a message if you would like, they will reply to you by runner within one standard month." Amazing. They are utterly unfazed. We should keep this one when we sit upon the throne. They have a skill.
"That's not necessary." I say brightly. "Can you direct me to where the Regents are meeting?" I attempt to put just a little bit of the voice into the request.
I needn't have bothered. "They're in meeting room 345. It's on the third floor, sunward side."I bow very slightly and the glowing wings dip just a bit. "Thank you friend. What is your name?"
"I am Fel."
"Well Fel, please don't go far. I feel that I'll have a use for you very soon."
"Yes, Empress."I blink. "Wait, how did you know I'm the Empress?"
"You were able to get the guards out front to stand down with a word, you are dressed in a very complicated outfit, you look like the statue out front and you have glowing wings and a glowing crown
" Yes. We like this one.
"Er yes. When you explain it like that it does make sense, Thank you Fel."
"Empress." He turns back to the book he was reading.
Up the stairs and down the hall until I'm front of a room with 345 written on a placard to the side. Next to the door I can read a little slider. One one side is "OCCUPIED" and I slide it the other way and it reads "OPEN". Offices really are the same everywhere. Huh. I feel disappointed learning that.
I try the door, and it's not even locked. Opening it, I step in and...
"I'm telling you, there's nothing to be worried about." Starlight on a Moonless Evening and Rapid River Roaring and talking to Vivvix and Zemmlin. Nobody is facing the door.
"I'm convinced they don't even know what they are" Zemmlin says. "They don't have the air of Builders, even if they look like them."
"I agree" Rapid River Roaring says, taking a sip of something from a steaming mug. "They don't have the organs for the hard work of ruling."
"If that's the case, then let the 'translator' that I gave them do its work. The problem will solve itself." Ottarn is talking over a screen from somewhere else.
I lean back out of the office - they really haven't noticed me yet - and look to Ava, Mei'la and Fer'resi and wink. Ava grins wickedly, Mei shakes her head and Fer'resi looks nervous.
With some concentration, I turn up the imperial regalia. The crown glows more intently, the wings look a little more elaborate and they start to flutter as if they are being rusted by a breeze that doesn't exit.
C̸̰̽͜e̷̡͌̀a̴̱̗̿ṡ̶̼̲̽ë̴͔̙ ̶͈͕͋̑y̶̥̓̃ö̷̪͈ù̶̢̠r̸̖̩͠ ̷̪̩͑c̵̝̾͝h̷̠̻͂a̶͇̐t̵͓͕͗t̸̯̖̋e̵̺͒r̴͈͑̕ ̶̡̟͋̎ä̴̻̝t̴̝̙̂ ̴̡̡͝o̷̢̐n̵̟̰͋ć̵̜̩̋e̵̥͕͊̔.̵͔͔̾̈́
As if I pressed the mute button, they all stopped talking. Horrified, they turn to face me. I step out so that Ottarn can see me. Interesting. I wonder if Ottarn is compelled to stop speaking, or if they're just startled. I bet the Voice doesn't work over a radio signal.
"You think us weak? You think us meek
?" I lay it on thick. Ava is reveling in it. "You realize you were visited by Builders who did not yet know their true nature and you choose to hide
it from them? To attempt to use them for your own ends? To further your own power? The moment I spoke the Holy Words to you, you knew your days ruling this place were numbered.
"I look up at the screen. "And you
. Giving my linguist a false translator when all he wanted was to better understand you and be understood. He has received his lesson he understands you better than you know. Ottarn, speak. Tell me your location."
"I-I-I am aboard our ship, Holy One The Sea-Light."
"Disembark at once and return to this building. I will await your return.
"I turn to face the ones in the room. I have not given them permission to speak and they are staring at me with wide eyes, shaking with fear.
I point to Rapid River Roaring. "You. Fetch three working translators. Speak to no one."He stands up so quickly his chair falls over. Ignoring the toppled chair he practically runs out of the meeting room.
I jab a finger at Vivvex. "You. Speak. Where is the Throne in this Starbase."
The what? What am I asking about? The Throne is where you rule. All Starbases have one. When you visit any Starbase, that's your main location. They are usually near the docks, though not always.
"There is an entrance in the promenade, Empress. We don't know how to open it though. I swear Empress, it was the others, Rapid River Roaring and Starlight on a Moonless Evening who conspired to keep you from your right. We were nothing but unwitting pawns!"
Oh, they called me Empress instead of Holy One. They see the writing on the wall. They are trying to save themselves. Pitiable.
Just then, Rapid River Roaring returns, out of breath. I do believe they ran the entire way. In his clawed hand are three translators on little black straps. They're meant to be worn around the waist with a subdermal connection on the throat to facilitate speaking without having a constant din of both languages. I concentrate at them for a moment and my eyes flare yellow orange. They are true translators, Empress.
I take them from him without comment, and turn to my team. "Here. This is how you wear them. I reach over to Ava and she blushes again as I fasten it around her waist, and then paste the subdermal to her neck and put a bone conductive dot behind her ear. "Try it."
"Okay, how do I sound? Can these..." She sneers "Sapients understand me?"
I look at them. Rapid River Roaring nods and said "Yes, we understand you perfectly, Builder."
I go to Mei'la and Fer'resi and help them put their own translators on as well.
"This is so neat!" Ava looks at me and smiles. "I swear Melody. If this Empress thing doesn't work you can make some real money in the High Mars orbitals or the Outer Planet Alliance doing dom work. You've got an unrealized gift.
"Now that she's understood, both of the Aviens feathers flutter in titillated embarrassment at what she just said of their Empress. I raise an eyebrow at them and they immediately look down and start to cower.
"No, don't cower. It grows so tiresome. Where is Ottarn?" Their looks of frightened confusion tell me they don't know either. I have a hunch. I radio FarReach. "FarReach, this is Melody, can you tell me if any of the ships in dock have moved?"
"Actually yes, Melody." FarReach answers "One of the mid sized ships opposite us blew their umbilical in a shower of dust and seems to be attempting to run."
Gene adds, They're having engine problems though. Their power output is very low. I don't think we'd have any trouble stopping them."
Hmm. "How long do you estimate before they reach the Gate?"
"More than a day at their current speed. Maybe even two."
"Okay, watch them, and if they get close to the point where you can't catch up to them let me know."
"Uh okay, Melody, if the Captain is fine with it."
"She will be, Gene."
"Hmm." Gene sounds less sure than me.
"I turn back to the Avien and Mariens in the room. "You compatriot has abandoned you. They feel they will have better luck trying to outrun my Starjumper in their creaky old ship. Enough of this. They will receive my full
attention soon enough. Lead me to the Throne.
"They get up from their chairs and wordlessly leave the room. We follow them. First
submitted by jpitha
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:00 autotldr Aircraft fuel spill at US naval air station near Tokyo affects local river
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 57%. (I'm a bot)
TOKYO - Aviation fuel spilled from storage tanks on a U.S. Navy base near Japan's capital city Wednesday and flowed into a local river, according to U.S. and Japanese officials. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: base#1 statement#2 city#3 spill#4 U.S.#5
An undisclosed amount of JP-5 aviation fuel spilled from Naval Air Facility Atsugi into the Tate River, which runs through the base, according to statements from neighboring Ayase city and a base spokesman.
City officials found fuel in the river near the Tachikawa Bridge on Wednesday, according to a statement on the Ayase city website.
The city placed a mat at the site to collect the fuel and closed part of a local park that afternoon.
Local officials visited the naval base that day, according to the city's statement.
Those aircraft are now based at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, hundreds of miles to the south in Yamaguchi prefecture.
Post found in /worldnews.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:00 autotldr Aircraft fuel spill at US naval air station near Tokyo affects local river
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 57%. (I'm a bot)
TOKYO - Aviation fuel spilled from storage tanks on a U.S. Navy base near Japan's capital city Wednesday and flowed into a local river, according to U.S. and Japanese officials. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: base#1 statement#2 city#3 spill#4 U.S.#5
An undisclosed amount of JP-5 aviation fuel spilled from Naval Air Facility Atsugi into the Tate River, which runs through the base, according to statements from neighboring Ayase city and a base spokesman.
City officials found fuel in the river near the Tachikawa Bridge on Wednesday, according to a statement on the Ayase city website.
The city placed a mat at the site to collect the fuel and closed part of a local park that afternoon.
Local officials visited the naval base that day, according to the city's statement.
Those aircraft are now based at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, hundreds of miles to the south in Yamaguchi prefecture.
Post found in /worldnews.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:58 neermif Motley Crue?
2023.05.29 20:52 naqi11 Aircraft fuel spill at US naval air station near Tokyo affects local river
submitted by naqi11 to worldnews [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:27 Important_Border_387 The Last of Us Music in Order (Part I with the HBO Show)
submitted by Important_Border_387
to thelastofus [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:18 MatoroTBS Kaiserreich Beta 0.25 - ‘On the Wide Steppe’
After several years, the Eastern Europe Rework is complete, as the release of the Ukraine rework signals the end of an era for Kaiserreich. We learned a lot from the development process, with the Eastern Europe Rework being released incrementally, unlike the single large update that gave much of the China rework. With each successive release, we try our best to reach new heights with the mod, and to build on the work that was done beforehand, and both of these aims particularly apply to the Eastern Europe Rework. Our efforts remain ongoing on the reworks of all European majors, and the team members who worked on Ukraine have already moved on to work on Russia, Spain and Austria-Hungary. But for now, we are pleased to bring you our latest release, and we hope you enjoy it! Changes
- Updated the format of the Country Selection screen.
- Added new introduction screens for several countries, including the majors and notable minors.
- Removed the cap on the war support debuffs that is present in vanilla HOI4, applied by casualties, bombing and lost convoys, and decreased the rate of the war support decay.
- Countries now will lose 20% war support if at war, regardless of it being a defensive or offensive war.
- Reduced the Chinese “Unequal Treaties” resource export malus to 60%.
Reworked/Expanded Focus Trees
Tweaked Focus Trees
- Lebanon - overhauled political and military trees
- Ottoman Empire - added four new national foci for NatPops
- Added new alerts informing the player of impending declarations of war.
- Added events alerting the player when the AI has given them land in annexation events.
- Added annexation events for the Northern Caucasus, Corsica, the Kuban, Nice, Savoy and Syrmia.
- Added a new “Ostpolitik” decision category for Germany, detailing their relations with their eastern allies.
New Custom Country Paths
- Cuba (expanded current options)
- West Indies Federation (expanded current options)
- New portraits
- American Union State: Robert Melville Danford
- Australasia: Henry Douglas Wynter
- Bharatiya Commune: Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar, Madan Mohan Malaviya, Sarojini Naidu, Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- Union of Britain: George Nathan
- Bulgaria: Manol Vasev
- Cambodia: Son Ngoc Thanh
- Chile: Oscar Escudero Otárola
- Cuba: Juan Blas Hernández
- Combined Syndicates of America: Edward Allen Carter Jr., William Edward Foster, Daniel Webster Hoan, Campbell Carrington Johnson, James Kelly Parsons, Hyman Godalia Rickover, David Monroe Shoup
- Commune of France: Henri Adeline, Florimond Bonte, Jean-Édouard Verneau
- El Salvador: Salvador Castañeda Castro, Maximiliano Hernández Martínez
- French Republic: Paul Reynaud
- Germany: Wilhelm II, Wilhelm III (civilian & military)
- Greece: Georgios Papandreou
- Illyria: Stjepan Radić
- Latvia: Constitutional Assembly
- Lebanon: Anthony Peter Arida
- Kurdistan: Bakr Sidqi
- Malaya: Zhuang Mingli
- Mountain Republic: Ali Mitayev
- Ottoman Empire: Abdülmecid II
- Papua New Guinea: Sumsuma
- Paraguay: Higinio Morínigo Martínez
- Russia: Pavel Milyukov
- Serbia: Petar Zivkovic
- Shandong: Wu Huawen, Lu Jin
- Siam: Phraya Phaholponpayuhasena, Rama IX, Paribatra Sukhumbhand, Sarit Thanarat
- Slovenia: Leon Rupnik
- Kingdom of Spain: Emilio Mola Vidal
- Taiwan: Lin Xiantang, Lin Xiongzheng, Xie Xuehong
- Tripolitania: Ahmad Faqih Hasan
- Ukraine: Marko Bezruchko, Roman Dashkeyvch, Petro Diachenko, Opanas Fedenko, Oleksii Federov, Vasyl Fylonovych, Nykyfir Hryhoriiv, Yevhen Konovalets, Isaak Mazepa, Mykhailo Omelianovych-Pavlenko, Vsevolod Petriv, Kostiantyn Prisovskyi, Sviatoslav Shramchenko, Oleksandr Shulhyn, Oleksandr Shumskyi, Leonid Stupnytskyi, Mykola Stsiborskyi, Yurii Svirskyi, Yurii Tiutiunnyk, Oleksandr Udovychenko, Omelian Volokh, Vasyl Vyshyvanyi, Oleksandr Zahrodskyi
- Tweaked portraits
- Argentina: Pedro Eugenio Aramburu, Isaac Francisco Rojas
- Bohemia: Viktor Hoppe
- Commune of France: Aubert Frère
- Galicia & Lodomeria: Hnat Stefaniv, Dmytro Vitovskyi
- Liangguang: Li Zongren (changed uniform)
- New advisor portraits
- Germany: Reichskolonialamt
- Lebanon: Khayreddine al-Ahdab, Rashid Baydoun, Michel Chiha, Philibert Collet, Jacob of Ghazir, Selim el Khoury, Rose Shahfa
- Princely Federation: Council of Princes
- Russia: Aleksandr Novikov, Mikhail Yangel
- Somalia: Assembly of Clans
- Syria: Army Air Command / Army Naval Arm
- Taiwan: Chen Fengyuan, Lan Gaochuan, Jian Ji, Cai Peihuo, Riad el-Solh, Jiang Weishui, Liao Wenkui, Liao Wenyi, Lin Xiantang, Lin Xiongzheng, Xie Xuehong
- Ukraine: Asan Sabri Aivazov, Rostyslav Bereziuk-Voloshyn, Petro Bolbochan, Mykola Boretskyi, Mykhailo Bilynskyi, Volodymyr Chekhivskyi, Ivan Cherniakhovskyi, Dmytro Dontsov, Dmytro Doroshenko, Oleksandr Dovzhenko, Solomon Goldelman, Oleksandr Hadd, Borys Homzyn, Oleksandr Hrekiv, Mykhailo Hrushevskyi, Hryhorii Hrynko, Borys Huber, Andrii Hulyi-Hulenko, Dzhambulat Kanukov, Pavlo Khrystiuk, Andrii Khvylia, Mykola Khvyliovyi, Ihor Kistiakovskyi, Volodymyr Kedrovskyi, Mykola Kochubei, Vasyl Kochubei, Serhii Koroliov, Volodymyr Korostovets, Mykola Kovalevskyi, Levko Kovaliv, Oleksii Kozlovskyi, Ahatanhel Krymskyi, Andrii Livytskyi, Yurii Lypa, Ivan Lytvynenko, Mykola Maksymov, Arnold Margolin, Borys Martos, Andrii Melnyk, Mykola Mikhnovskyi, Zinaida Mirna, Yakiv Moraleyvch, Kyrylo Moskalenko, Vasyl Murashko, Andrii Nikovskyi, Oleh Olzhych & Olena Teliha, Kyrylo Osmak, Serhii Ostrovidov, Yurii Otmarshtain, Viktor Pavlenko, Anatolii Pisotskyi, Andrii Pokrovskyi, Mykhailo Poloz, Viacheslav Prokopovych, Serhii Rudenko, Volodymyr Salskyi, Volodymyr Savchenko-Bilskyi, Fedosii Shchus, Pavlo Shandruk, Oleksandr Shapoval, Serhii Shemet, Oleksandr Skoropys-Yoltukhovskyi, Zakhar Sliusarenko, Olena Stepaniv, Fedir & Mykhailo Tereshchenko, Vasyl Tiutiunnyk, Stepan Tymoshenko, Metropolitan Vasyl, Mykhailo Volobuiev, Serhii Yefremov, Maik Yokhansen, Vsevolod Zmiienko
- United Baltic Duchy: Baltische Landeswehrkommission
- Added some new generic American, British and German general portraits.
- Added a generic “Council of Advisors” advisor portrait.
- Added new national spirit icons for Chinese splinters, Ethiopia and Ukraine.
- Updated the Irish national focus icons for their army, navy and air force.
- Updated several Indian national focus icons.
- Added new national focus icons for Ukraine.
- Added new flags for the Bharatiya Commune, RadSoc Centroamerica, Hindustan, Madagascar, socialist Ukraine, Taiwan, Transamur and native-led Zimbabwe.
- Tweaked the flag for the West Indies Federation.
- Updated the flag render of Kolchak-led Transamur
- Fixed NatPop Egypt using the wrong flag.
- Updated the icons for the Artillery traits for commanders.
- Moved and resized the paper clip icon used in all event pictures.
- Added and tweaked the icons, names and models for the tanks and planes used by multiple countries across the mod.
- Added some custom infantry weapon icons for Austro-Hungarian constituents and White Ruthenia.
- Fixed a Mongolian leader being used as a generic leader portrait.
- Removed the Blackshirt insignia from a vanilla division icon.
- Updated Ireland’s event pictures.
- Updated the resolution and colouring on an old loading screen.
- Reconfigured the Music user interface and reformatted the track titles to ensure they fit into the interface properly.
- Added “Mars Genderang Kemenangan (March to the Sound of Victory)” for Insulindia.
- Removed “Rayuan Pulau Kelapa (Love of the Coconut Island)” for Insulindia.
- Added “Two Brothers Were Going There” for Russia.
- Added “Black Clouds Cover Over the Ruins”, "Cossacks Were Riding", “Ked my pryishla karta (This is the Map)”, "Long Live, Free Ukraine", "Oh, Grow You Dry Oak“, “Oh, On the Mountain the Reapers are Harvesting”, “Oi, vydno selo (Oh, You Can See the Village)”, "There's a Willow in the Field" for Ukraine.
- Fixed music not playing correctly for Azerbaijan, Madagascar, Mali and Zanzibar.
- Fixed “Protect the Yellow River” playing for non-Chinese countries.
- Fixed several tracks from vanilla HOI4 not playing, tweaked when some tracks from vanilla are likely to play, and renamed several vanilla tracks to more Kaiserreich-appropriate titles.
- Added more naval bases to the Bharatiya Commune and Princely Federation.
- Added Bastogne as a victory point.
- Fixed the French city of Verdun being too close to the German border.
- Adjusted the shapes of Dalmatia and Syrmia.
- Tweaked Morocco’s provinces.
- Fixed an invalid Moroccan railway.
- Added Terneuzen as a victory point.
- Increased the Infrastructure level in India.
- Updated the eastern Ottoman railway around Kars.
- Re-added the Sea of Marmara as a strategic region, to fix issues with AI pathfinding in the Aegean due to the blocked straits.
- Fixed Iquitos’ location to Peru from Ecuador.
- Improved supply situation in and around Transamur.
- Increased the supply availability between Crimea and Kherson.
- Removed the strait between Courland and Saaremaa.
- North America
- Rebalanced American war support and stability.
- Reduced the amount of military factories given by the factory conversion decisions, to avoid hobbling the AI.
- Increased the priority given by American civil war participants to building military factories during the Second American Civil War.
- Revised the combat AI for the participants of the Second American Civil War.
- Replaced the American Union State general Jacob Devers with Robert Danford.
- Buffed Canada’s starting army and war support.
- Canada’s NatPops no longer make John Diefenbaker their leader, as Henry Herbert Stevens stays in the position.
- Adjusted several Canadian and Combined Syndicate character names to include the nicknames they are most commonly known as.
- Renamed William Zebulon Foster to William Edward Foster, as he was never actually named Zebulon.
- Nerfed the Combined Syndicates of America commanders Robert Sharon Allen, Smedley Darlington Butler, Evans Fordyce Carlson, Benjamin Oliver Davis Sr, Herbert Charles Heitke, Campbell Carrington Johnson, Robert Hale Merriman, Maurice Rose and David Monroe Shoup, each by one skill level.
- Nerfed the military advisor traits of the Combined Syndicates of America’s Smedley Darlington Butler, Evans Fordyce Carlson, Bessie Coleman, William Rea Furlong, Eddie August Henry Schneider and David Monroe Shoup.
- Added Jacob Loucks Devers, from the American Union State, and Campbell Carrington Johnson, as generals for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Removed George H. Cannon as a general for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Added a Chief of Army role to the Combined Syndicates of America’s commander James Kelly Parsons.
- Removed Robert Sharon Allen’s Chief of Army role for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Added the Armour Officer trait to Robert Sharon Allen, the Organiser trait to Robert Hale Merriman, the Cavalry Officer trait to Benjamin Oliver Davis Sr and the Chief Engineer trait to Hyman Godolia Rickover.
- Removed the Reckless trait from the Combined Syndicates of America’s Maurice Rose.
- The Combined Syndicates of America’s naval advisors are now available from either of the “American People's Navy” or “New Naval Plan” national foci, instead of just the former.
- Nerfed the initial “Red Guards” national spirit for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Improved the effect of the Combined Syndicates of America’s “Roll Out The AO-2” and “The Red Dragon” national foci.
- Increased the duration of the “New European Military Schools” national focus for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Revised the AI’s logic in supporting or abandoning Hawaii.
- Hawaii’s faction-joining decisions are now quicker.
- The American Union State now leaves any factions if couped by Pelley, and a player-led leader of the Entente can choose to attack him in return.
- The United States now starts with medium tank designs.
- Player-controlled United States can now decide whether or not the assassination attempt on Huey Long or Jack Reed is successful.
- Removed “Canberra” from the America ship name lists, due to its presence being an OTL reference.
- Central America & the Caribbean
- Added a unique flag for Augusto César Sandino’s Centroamerica.
- Removed “Fulgencio Batista” from Cuba’s ship name lists.
- Added party descriptions to Cuba.
- The Dominican Republic’s Trujillo now loses his advisor roles after being fired.
- South America
- Demoted Argentina’s Pedro Eugenio Aramburu from Field Marshal to General.
- Tweaked the map colour of NatPop Brazil.
- Brazilian puppet Patagonia (the Kingdom of Araucania) now starts with a core on Neuquén.
- Releasing Brazil now retains Acre and the borderlands for separate decisions.
- Added a Head of Army role to Brazilian Field Marshal Eurico Gaspar Dutra.
- Nerfed the Head of Army trait belonged to Brazil’s Euclides de Oliveira Figueiredo.
- Removed the option to create a puppet Ecuador on the Galapagos Islands, as it resulted in Ecuador getting too many volunteers in subsequent wars.
- Updated and standardised the names of many Paraguayan characters.
- Western & Southern Europe
- Added Breton endonyms.
- Replaced the Union of Britain’s George Sutherland Aitken with George Nathan.
- Decreased the skill level of the Union of Britain’s Thomas Jacob Hutton.
- Added Henri Adeline, Florimond Bonte, Georges Revers and Jean-Édouard Verneau as generals to the Commune of France.
- Added Henri Adeline as a military advisor to the Commune of France.
- The Commune of France’s Maurice Gamelin is improved to a level 3 field marshal, with a different Chief of Army trait, but now has the Old Guard trait.
- The Commune of France’s Clement Blanc now has the Artillery Officer trait, Charles Delestraint now has the Armour Officer trait, Diego Brosset has swapped Infantry Officer for Engineer, and Raoul Magrin Vernerey has swapped Adaptable and Infantry Officer for Commando and Harsh Leader.
- The Commune of France’s Marie-Pierre Koenig now has a Chief of Army role.
- Increased the army experience reward given to the Commune of France’s “Communal Army” and “Grand Army Reform” national spirits.
- Countries can no longer choose not to attend the Internationale Congresses.
- Moved the general Aubert Frère to the Commune of France, from the French Republic.
- The Commune of France’s Jacques Sadoul is changed from a general to a political advisor.
- Removed colonial names from the Commune of France’s submarine name list.
- Added Alessandro Sardi as a general for the Italian Republic.
- AI-controlled Socialist Republic of Italy will now attempt to perform naval invasions on the Republic of Italy.
- The Canadian decision to support the Orange Order in socialist-controlled Ireland now spawns Northern Irish units rather than Irish ones.
- Portugal will now actively try to annex the Congo in peace conferences.
- Portugal can now intervene in the Third Boer War.
- Halved the political power cost in the United Kingdom’s reconstruction decisions.
- The United Kingdom can now ask for the return of Canadian and Australasian fleets.
- The United Kingdom’s naval national foci have been considerably nerfed.
- Added the option for a player to refuse handing over the leadership of the Entente to the United Kingdom, while playing a country other than Canada.
- Central & Northern Europe
- Revised the frequencies at which Austria goes each of its three paths.
- Pluralist Austria can no longer integrate any parts of Germany.
- Non-pluralist Austria can now core all of Germany.
- Austria can no longer potentially integrate the German-speaking part of Switzerland, unless they have reformed the German Empire.
- Austria and Germany now start with medium tank designs.
- Austria now retains south Germany when releasing the German Empire, to be decided in its own annexation event.
- The Austrian-led German Empire, and German splinters, can now integrate German border regions, and no longer get instant cores.
- Added new descriptions to the late infantry technology for Austria-Hungary and its constituents.
- Denmark now starts with a core on Greenland, which no longer causes resistance for any other occupying power.
- Added English translations of Finland’s party names.
- Lwow is now not automatically given to Poland in the latter’s annexation event, unless its controller chooses to give all of Galicia & Lodomeria to Poland.
- Updated the events surrounding the division of Galicia to Poland and Ukraine.
- Germany’s integration of Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland is now compliance-based.
- Improved Manfred von Richtofen’s unique trait.
- Added air bases as rewards to German aviation national foci.
- Improved Germany’s AI at defending from naval invasions.
- Expanded the release of the North German Federation to match the standard of the other three German splinters.
- Germany now starts with interwar anti-tank technology.
- Germany’s “Anti-Russian Foreign Policy” national spirit is now removed from countries that join Russia’s faction.
- Replaced the news event picture from the “Fall of Amsterdam” event.
- The Netherlands’ integration of Flanders is now compliance-based.
- Decreased the war-related stability debuff given to the Nordic Federation by the “Nordic Neutrality” national spirit.
- The Nordic Federation will now send volunteers to Finland and Germany in the Weltkrieg.
- Reichspakt Poland will now get kicked from their faction, should they declare war on a Habsburg-led Austria during the Weltkrieg.
- Republican Poland having a failed nationalist coup will now prevent the nationalist uprising from occurring.
- AI-controlled Republican Poland will now have a nationalist coup less often.
- Increased Poland’s priorities in completing its economic decisions.
- Poland can now only complete Operation Parasol if it has less than 20% surrender progress.
- Poland will now lose some monarchy influence when the King appoints Studnicki after the election, even if the Circle won the election.
- Tweaked the AI’s event choice priority in Poland’s Clover Revolution.
- Changed the icon for Poland’s “20th Century Cavalry Tactics” national spirit.
- Releasing the Rhenish German splinter state now requires control of Cologne or Essen.
- Added Bogumil Vošnjak as the NatPop leader of Slovenia.
- Added Leon Rupnik as a general for Slovenia.
- Increased the amount of steel that Sweden gains in Kiruna.
- Updated several of Switzerland’s national focus icons.
- The Kingdom of Two Sicilies Confederation now gives annexed territory to its Italian puppets.
- Added two starting military factories to the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
- Eastern & Southeast Europe
- The AI will now prioritise giving lands in the Balkans to an ally, rather than releasing puppets.
- Added an alternate description Bulgaria’s “Anti-Belgrade Pact”, should the Belgrade Pact be already defeated.
- The Estonian admiral Johan Pitka no longer starts in the United Baltic Duchy.
- Added party descriptions to Latvia.
- Latvia can now organise a state visit to NatPop Russia, so long as the latter is Realpolitik.
- Buffed several Latvia traits, national spirits and national foci.
- Added more trains to Latvia’s starting stockpiles.
- Added air bases to decisions and national foci rewards for Lithuania and the United Baltic Duchy.
- Added option in Macedonia’s annexation event, for it to be offered to Bulgaria or Serbia in exchange for an alliance.
- Increased the amount of war support drain that Romania receives from integration of Transylvania.
- Halved the maluses incurred by Romania’s “Great Game”.
- Romania can now attack Austria immediately if Austria is at war, ignoring normal revolt preparations in Transylvania.
- Romania is now able to core Bucovina without owning Transylvania.
- Romania will now no longer try to join Russia’s faction if they previously were at war.
- Russia’s annexation event can now result in the release of the Mountain Republic, made up of part of the Northern Caucasus under Russian control
- Made multiple tweaks to Russia’s political power, stability, and war support situation.
- Expansionist Russia can now invite Romania to the Moscow Accord, so long as Germany has been beaten and Serbia is also in the faction.
- Moved Russian military advisors Sergey Korolyov and Sergey Rudenko to Ukraine, replacing them with Aleksandr Novikov and Mikhail Yangel.
- Added a volunteer limit bonus to the “Twilight Struggle” national spirit, associated with the Russian/Entente event against the Internationale.
- Imperial Russia can now choose to just empower the Hohenzollerns for a puppet German Empire, instead of a Romanov.
- Socialist Russia now uses a slightly different green.
- Socialist Russia will now declare war on Central Asia before joining the Internationale.
- Nerfed Socialist Russia’s war support and starting stability.
- Added more AutDem party popularity for Russia’s Wrangel path.
- Serbia will now keep its core on Montenegro, if it loses the Fourth Balkan War.
- Added a two year truce and non-aggression pact to the Belgrade Pact’s Treaty of Budapest with Austria.
- Added generic Ukrainian name lists.
- Tweaked costs of several Eastern European Defence Cooperation decisions.
- Replaced the consumer goods cost from Eastern European Defence Cooperation contributions, with a political power cost.
- The United Baltic Duchy’s integration of Latgale is now compliance-based.
- Decreased the weekly stability loss from White Ruthenia’s “Solidifying Our Identity” national spirit.
- Added a new description a White Ruthenian upgrade to the infantry weapon technology, featuring Najman’s hand mortar.
- Adamawa and Cameroon can now claim and integrate Ubangi-Shari on their own during the annexation event, not just when granted by their overlord or ally.
- Removed Cape Verde-Guinea as a releasable puppet, as Cape Verde remains an integral part of Portugal.
- Adjusted the starting borders of the Manikongo’s secession from Mittelafrika.
- Added additional outcomes for Ethiopia’s DKAEB event chain.
- Changed some Ethiopian national spirit icons.
- The French Republic’s “Indestructible Bonds” national focus now gives claims on the states changed between the French Republic and the United Kingdom.
- The French Republic’s “Expand Communications in the Colonies” national focus now gives a bonus to the Psychological Warfare agency upgrade, if the “La Résistance” DLC is enabled.
- Changed the French Republic’s starting occupation laws, to match the in-game lore.
- The French Republic now gets a compliance bonus on Chad, after the completion of the “Fate of Equatorial Africa” national focus, and the merging of the area’s administration with French West Africa.
- The French Republic can now no longer call its allies in to help with the native revolts, unless facing three or more at once.
- The French Republic no longer uses African-style generic commanders.
- Increased the weekly stability debuff and decreased the party popularity stability modifier applied to the German Government in Exile’s “On Borrowed Time” national spirit.
- Removed Katanga’s national focus to integrate itself into Südwestafrika.
- Tweaked the visibility of some Katanagan national foci dependent on availability.
- Adjusted the conditions for Mittelafrika’s collapse. It will now only happen as a result of von Göring’s failure to quell the revolts against his rule, and for the German Government in Exile.
- Added leader descriptions to Mittelafrika.
- Replaced the stability bonus in Mittelafrika’s “Spirit of von Lettow-Vorbeck” national spirit with a war support bonus.
- Kenya and Nigeria are now allowed to secede during the Mittelafrikan collapse, if not previously subjugated.
- Von Göring’s Mittelafrika can no longer become free before dealing with its revolts.
- Added a tooltip for Mittelafika’s von Göring resigning, so that it's clearer this is what is happening, and removed its associated extensive stability and political power penalties.
- Rewrote several Mittelafrikan events, including the setup for the Kikuyu uprising. Also removed several outdated events.
- Removed Ludwig Bockholt and Theodor von Hassel as potential replacement leaders of Mittelafrika.
- Added party names and leaders to Nyasaland.
- South Africa’s Third Boer War peace now only requires a 180 day stalemate, instead of an entire year.
- Added bypasses to two of South Africa’s Nuweveld national foci.
- Rebalanced much of the Third Boer War.
- Caucasus & Middle-East
- Alash Orda, Bukhara, Khiva, and Turkestan can now claim and core Ashkhabad.
- Tweaked the map colours for Alash Orda and Khiva, and updated it entirely to Turkestan.
- Georgia can join the Reichspakt when World Tension is over 75%.
- Iraq’s Yusuf Salman Yusuf no longer uses a picture of a living person.
- Added several new political advisors to Lebanon.
- Tweaked multiple Lebanese events, modifiers and traits.
- Added more content to Lebanon’s war with Syria, and its build-up.
- Added an option for player-controlled Najd & Hasa to leave the Cairo Pact.
- Removed a reference referring to Mustafa Kemal as “Atatürk”, which he would not be called in the Kaiserreich timeline.
- Decreased some of the political power gain for the late-game Ottoman Empire.
- NatPop Ottomans will now also have Azerbaijan rebel against them, during their large revolt.
- Removed the ability of the NatPop Ottomans to join the Moscow Accord after defeating their large revolt.
- Added Turkish endonyms for Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Greece, Western Persia and Tunisia.
- Decreased the cost of several of Turkey’s expansion decisions.
- Updated the icon of Turkey’s “Turkish-Iraqi Economic Accord” national spirit.
- Tweaked the effect of a few of Yemen’s national foci.
- East Asia
- Added a description to Anqing’s Sun Liren.
- AI China will now always annex Mongolia, Tibet and Xinjiang.
- Removed the “Autonomy” puppets of the above Chinese conquests.
- Chinese concessions will always be returned by socialist countries, if they are requested.
- China can no longer declare unification if a neighbouring country is still hostile.
- Clarified the requirement of the Northwest War being over, for China’s decisions to ally with the Kumul Khatate, Ma Clique and Xinjiang.
- Wuhan now merges from its constituent parts, should it be made the capital of China.
- An AI-controlled Chinese splinter that controls Beijing will never now accept a submission demand.
- Adjusted East Turkestan’s national foci to account for potentially being a puppet.
- Fengtian can now be invited to the Japanese economic sphere.
- Japan’s “Operation Ichi-Gou” now bypasses if the strongest Chinese splinter is defeated.
- Japan’s peace with Germany will now result in all German allies being removed from the Legation Council.
- Japan’s “Fading Sun” mission will autocomplete if Japan is directly invaded successfully.
- Japan will now remove countries from the Co-Prosperity Sphere economic bloc if they are puppeted by another country.
- Japan will now add non-aggression pacts and truces upon peacing out with European countries, and mutual wargoals will be removed.
- Removed land-based carrier planes from Japan’s starting air force.
- Renamed Liangguang’s HH Kung to Kong Xiangxi.
- The Nanjing clique now doesn’t lose the “Conspicuous Kleptocracy” national spirit until it completes the “Government by Coercion” national focus.
- Manchu Qing will lose the general Sun Liren, if he is with them and they adopt a pro-German outlook.
- Merged Qing’s “Demand Warlords Bend the Knee” national focus into the “Pacify the Nation” national focus, to avoid them having a focus with potentially no effect.
- Russia can now choose whether to retain Port Arthur or not when releasing Manchuria.
- Added Wu Huawen and Lu Jin to Shandong as generals and Military High Command advisors.
- Changed the Military High Command trait of Shandong’s Jin Yune.
- Shanghai now turns PatAut or NatPop if puppeted.
- Rebalanced some of Shanxi’s Balance of Power mechanics to have a more even outcome.
- Sichuan is now set as a potential government when Chen Jiongming arrives.
- Sichuan’s Tian Songyao is now retired if Liu Wenhui loses the “Two Lius' War”.
- Added descriptions to Taiwan’s new puppet leaders, and changed the name given to the island depending on its ideology.
- Added seconds-in-command and political advisors to Taiwan.
- Added a division limit bonus to Transamur’s “Greater Transamur Ambitions” national spirit.
- Yunnan’s Zhu De can now align with Chen Mingshu, if the Left Kuomintang are defeated in the League Collapse War.
- South Asia & Oceania
- AI Afghanistan will now always accept Russia's demand of subjugation if isolated.
- Added Henry Douglas Wynter as a general for Australasia.
- Increased the level of Australasian generals Horace Clement Hugh Robertson and Iven Giffard Mackay, adding the “Desert Fox” trait to the former.
- Renamed the Bharatiya Commune’s Sardar Patel to Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel.
- Renamed several of the Bharatiya’s political parties.
- Removed the delay in uprisings involving the Bharatiya Commune and Princely Federation.
- Increased the starting stability and war support for the Bharatiya Commune.
- Moved the commanders Kodandera Madappa Cariappa, Jayanto Nath Chaudhuri and Satyawant Mallanna Shrinagesh to the Bharatiya Commune, from the Princely Federation, Madras and Mysore, respectively.
- Removed the Bharatiya Commune’s commanders Naseem Haider and Mahendra Pratap.
- Burma now starts the game with cores on Kachin, Upper and Lower Shan.
- Expanded Cambodia’s annexation event options to now include the country being released as a republic, or a kingdom with one of two different dynasties.
- The Dutch East Indies accepting the Congress of Batavia now causes them to be instantly annexed by the Netherlands.
- Fiji is no longer given back to Australasia, if puppeted.
- The Dominion of India is now known as the “Republic of India” if it leaves the Entente, rather than just “India”.
- The Dominion of India no longer renames itself to just "India" after reunifying India.
- Increased the starting army and stockpiles of the Dominion of India and Princely Federation.
- Improved the starting “Rifle Division” template for the Dominion of India.
- Added three starting offmap military factories to the Dominion of India.
- Added a tooltip to let the player know which states will be transferred upon India seizing Ceylon.
- Added an option for India to be declared on by Germany, should the former seize Ceylon.
- Replaced the manpower requirement in Indian national focuses with a World Tension level requirement.
- Added Hindustan as its own releasable, separate to the Bharatiya Commune.
- Indian splinters now get a claim on Sikkim upon releasing Bhutan or Nepal.
- Each Indian splinter will now try not to pursue territorial claims until after reunification.
- Renamed several Indian national foci.
- Added Sarojini Naidu as SocLib, Madan Mohan Malaviya as SocCon, Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar as AutDem/PatAut and Vinayak Damodar Savarkar as NatPop puppet leaders of India, respectively.
- Replaced Chin Peng with Zhuang Mingli as the leader of socialist Malaya, due to the former only starting secondary education in 1936.
- Moved the commander Akbar Khan to Pakistan, from the Bharatiya Commune.
- Added party descriptions to Papua New Guinea, and a socialist leader and second-in-command.
- Increased the Consumer Goods debuff for the Princely Federations’ “Backwards Economy” national spirit.
- Replaced the free unit spawn from a Princely Federations’ event, with a minor war support bonus.
- Removed the Princely Federations’ “Pact with the North” national focus, since that will now always happen by necessity.
- Removed the initial division recovery rate bonus in the Princely Federation’s “Decentralised Rule” national spirit.
- Replaced the division recovery rate malus with an organisational malus in the Princely Federation’s “Rebellious Princes” national spirit.
- Improved the AI for the revolters against the Princely Federation.
- Nerfed the Princely Federation’s starting stability and equipment.
- Added some Operation names to Siam.
Change notes continue in the comments due to Reddit's character limit.
- Added an option to the in-game start menu, linking to the page where a player can report a bug directly to the Devs, allowing them to be fixed more quickly.
- Enabling integration mid-game now applies the correct resistance and occupation law.
- Increased baseline unit limit bonus to +8 from +5.
- Added two new Ukrainian quotes for the loading screen.
- Replaced a Boris Savinkov quote with one that was said by Boris himself, instead of a character in a book he had written.
- Renamed the “Artillery Specialist” trait to “Artillery Leader”. Made “Fortress Buster” trait now available to commanders holding either “Artillery Leader” or “Engineer” traits, and the Artillery Military High Command role is now unlocked by “Artillery Leader” instead of “Fortress Buster”.
- Buffed the effects of several political advisor traits.
- Overhauled the tank design templates and armour division composition, and number of tank divisions that the AI will try to research and create.
- Tweaked the AI’s air production priority between close air support and fighters.
- Decreased the cost of awarding medals to division commanders by 50%.
- Increased the AI’s priority in circumstantially defending their allies’ borders.
- Generic advisors no longer have the “Ideological Crusader” or “Quartermaster General” traits.
- Increased the AI’s priority in hiring a Chief of Army, in comparison to Chiefs of Navy and Air Force.
- Improved the AI’s decisions in choosing the Army Academy spirits.
- Added generic Arab name lists.
- Increased the AI’s willingness to perform naval invasions against enemies with a larger navy.
- Multiple typo corrections and text inconsistency removals.
We hope you enjoy playing Kaiserreich as much as we did making it! - The KR4 Team: 84F8D8, Alpinia, Arvidus, Augenis, Blackfalcon501, Carmain, Chazem, Chiang Kai-shrek, Chiron29, Cody, Conchobhar, DuoDex, El Daddy, Fedex, Flamefang, Gaboemi, Gideones, Hamfast, hildagrim, Ido, Igor050301, JazzyHugh, Jeankedezeehond, Jonny BL, Juliet Wehrwolf, Kano, katieluka, Kennedy, kergely, KFateweaver, Klyntar King, Krčo, Luwofe, Matoro, McOmghall, ~mw~ // miwaco, NukeGaming, Owenomaly, PPsyrius, Pelmen, RagnoStrangeros, Rnk, Shiroe, Sonny O’Cad, SuperGreenBeans, suzuha, The Alpha Dog, The Irredentista, The Italian Jojo, Vidyaország, and Zimbabwe Salt Co.
submitted by MatoroTBS
to Kaiserreich [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:07 hubb2001 Translation Status Update/Discussion - May 29
This is the weekly translation status update thread. Use this thread to discuss translation news, issues, titles you're looking forward to, etc.
Note: This is simply a mirror from 4chan's weekly thread on the /jp/ board. All credit goes to the user VNTS there. I'm simply copying and pasting for discussion sake here since some people can't access 4chan. Entries in Bold have had changes since last week Entries in itallics denote my own changes
- Aiyoku No Eustia - 100% Translated and edited and TLC
- Akatsuki no Goei ~Principal-tachi no Kyuujitsu~ - 100% translated, 41.38% edited, 25.29% through QA
- Akatsuki no Goei ~Tsumibukaki Shuumatsuron~ - "15/169 Total scripts. Act 1 finished. Working on Act 2."
- Amagami - 3rd public Beta patch released
- Aonatsu Line - Translation starting
- Baku Ane 2 - Prologue, Ritsuka Fully translated, Wakana 8/8 Lessons, 5% route, Mashiro 5/8 lessions, Miran 2/5 events and Sayaka 1/3 events translated, Ritsuka patch released
- Bishoujo Mangekyou -Kami ga Tsukuritamouta Shoujo-tachi- - 30% translated
- Caucasus - 100% translated, image editing complete, editing, QC/TLC , and playtesting remain
- CHAOS;HEAD Love Chu Chu! - 65.04% translated, 6.17% edited
- CHAOS;CHILD Love Chu Chu - Being translated
- Chicchakunai Mon - 100% translated and 39.5% edited
- Chusingura 46+1 - 21227/82770 (25.65) lines translated, Kuranosuke route partial patch released
- Clearworld - Translation starting
- Deatte 5-fun wa Ore no Mono! Jikan Teishi to Atropos - Common Route patch released
- Dekachin Kozou - Released
- Dragon Knight 4 - 57% translated
- Fate/Extra CCC - 100% translated, 25/2499 main scripts edited
- Fukyou no Hana - Snow Flower - Released
- GinIro Haruka - Mizuha route released, Mizuha edits finished, Yuzuki route fully translated and ~50% edited
- GOS01 - Oshioki no Kyouiku Jikan ~Watashi, Kareshi no Tame ni Kyouiku o Ukemasu~ - Released
- H2O √ after and another Complete story Edition - 100% translated, 64.2% edited
- Hakuchuumu no Aojashin - Restoration patch focused on Case 1 released, work being done on the rest of the untranslated scenes
- Haruka na Sora - Sora and Yahiro routes translated, Kozue 29% translated, overall TL 70% TLC 70% ED 26%
- Hikage no Himari - sun in the shade - Released
- Houma Hunter Lime - Patch in development
- If My Heart Had Wings: Snow Presents - 23% translated
- Junketsu Megami-Sama - 2nd Alpha patch released, Astarotte route finishing up
- Kareshi Inai Reki = Nenrei - Translated 19442 / 58264 text lines (33.37%)
- Koukan no Toriko-Tachi - Prologue, common, and Cuckold Play route translated, Swinging Route 35%, Yukari POV 40%
- Kud Wafter - 23,835 / 31,579 (73.5%) lines translated
- Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~ - "Translation finished. Rest of the processes ongoing."
- Lover Able - 100% translated and edited, 2928/34467 lines approved (8.49%)
- Lucky Star ~Ryouou Gakuen Outousai~ - episode 1 patch released
- Maji Koi A-5 - 85% translated
- Manakashi no Yuri wa Akaku Somaru - 66% translated
- Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o - 1 of 4 routes translation finished for the restoration patch, Houkiboshi Hika 2 of 4 H-scenes translated
- Nursery Rhyme - 100% translated and edited, text insertion 100% complete, testing ongoing
- Otogirisou - 100% translated
- Planetarian Snow Globe - Editing and proofreading finished, finishing up images and technical work
- Pure Pure - 100% translated, needs proofreading, partial patch released, all routes have been inserted
- Rui wa Tomo o Yobu - 19.51% translated, 4.20% edited
- Sakura Wars 2 - Being translated, demo patch released
- Sen no Hatou, Tsukisome no Kouki - Both original and fan disc 100% translated, 100.00% edited
- Shabura Rental - 20760/33358 lines (62.2%) translated
- Shangrlia 2 - Menu patch released, patch in development
- Shin Hayarigami - 48% translated
- Shirotsume Yubiwa - 100% translated, 50% beta patch released
- Tenshi no Inai 12-gatsu - 100% translated, TLC and Editing upcoming
- Tokimeki Memorial 2 - Being translated
- Tsukihime - A piece of blue glass moon - Arcueid route patch released, Ciel route 100% translated, days 3 through 13 edited and days 3 through 12 finalized
- Tsuma Netori - 35% translated, 20% edited
- Umi kara Kuru Mono - 85/138 scripts translated
- Watashi wa Kyou Koko de Shinimasu - 100% translated, 99% (2254/2265) lines edited, 36% (826/2265) lines QC
- Walkure Romanze - Common + Celia + Lisa + Mio routes patch released
- Yosuga no Sora - Translation finished, editing and TLC ongoing, Total: TL 100% TLC 71% ED 55%, Common/Kazuha/Motoka routes fully edited
- Shiei no Sona-Nyl - In Beta
- The Pillagers of Raillore - About to enter Beta
- Ciconia - Phase 1 Released
- Hadaka Shitsuji fandisc - Picked up
- Rance 03 - 48% translated, 29% edited
- Rance X - 56% translated, 5% edited
- Luckydog1 - Translation nearly complete
- Funbag Fantasy 4 - 51% translated, 49% edited
- Eve of the 12th Month - 91% translated and 8% edited
- Sumaga- Slow progress ongoing
- Katahane - Progress being made again
- Django - Not actively making progress
- Gears of Dragoon: Fragments of a New Era - In Testing
- Tokyo Hero Project - Translation finished
- Machine Child - Still being developed
- Onigokko! Fandisc - Fully translated
- Kiminozo - Kickstarter for English release planned pending success of JP Crowdfunding
- Anonymous;Code - September 8th release
- Amairo Chocolate 2 - Through QA, awaiting approvals
- Harumade Kururu - Waiting on build
- Rewrite+ Harvest Festa - 100% translated, 20% edited
- Hoshizora no Memoria (retranslation) - In QA
- Subete no Koi ni, Hanabata o. - 100% translated
- Sumire - Picked up
- Sanarara R - 100% translated and edited, waiting on build
- Glass - Picked up
- New Glass - Picked up
- Karakara 3 - 100% translated and edited
- Yume to Iro de Dekiteiru - 90% translated, 30% edited
- Zutto Mae Kara Joshi Deshita - 100% translated, in editing
- Gakkou no Seiiki - 100% translated and edited, Waiting on build
- Imouto no Seiiki - 100% translated and edited, Waiting on build
- Chiisana Kanojo no Serenade - 50% translated, 20% edited
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi 10% translated
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi AA - Announced
- Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka - 40% translated
- Re;Lord 3 - In QA
- Marshmallow Imouto Succubus - In QA
- Hamidashi Creative - Announced
- Happy Saint Sheol - 100% translated, 25% edited
- Inupara - In Development
- Nekopara After La Vraie Familie - In Development
- Nie no Hakoniwa - 90% translated, 10% edited
- Parfait Remake - In translation
- Raspberry Cube - Announced
- Uso Kara Hajimaru Koi no Natsu - 50% translated, 30% edited
- Animal Trail Girlish Square 2 - 100% translated and edited, waiting on build
- Animal Trail Girlish Square LOVE+PLUS - 100% translated and edited, waiting on build
- LUNARiA -Virtualized Moonchild- - 2023 release
- Tsui no Stella - 2023 release
- Summer Pockets Reflection Blue - 2024 release
- Clover Days - Rejected by Steam, "Additional image editing in progress"
- My Klutzy Cupid - 100% translated, 60% edited, Image Editing in Process, Through Steam Approvals
- Dracu Riot - "Waiting on Warmsoft for a QA Build"
- Melty Moment - 80% translated
- Aoi Tori - "Porting work is still ongoing"
- Fureraba Complete edition - Vita exclusive content to be added to Fureraba a couple months after the fandisc release
- Secret Agent of the Knight Academy - "Image editing complete, Engine work wrapping up, Nearly ready for QA"
- Floral Flowlove - 100% translated, 60% edited
- Kakenuke Seishun Sparking - 15% translated, 5% edited
- A Colorful World - 100% translated and edited "Image editing/integration of HD assets in progress"
- Love, Elections, & Chocolate - 100% translated, 17% edited, "Unity port in-progress"
- Love Love Love, Burning in my Heart! - 100% translated and 74% edited
- Ready or Not: The Deadline is Coming! - 100% translated, 17% edited, "Image editing complete, Engine work in progress"
- Mysteries of the Heart: The Psychic Detective Case Files - 100% translated and edited, "Image editing in progress" working with developer on engine work
- Tenshi Souzou "Angelic Chaos" RE-BOOT - 10% translated
- Secret Project 2 - 100% translated and edited, queued for Unity port
- Secret Project 3 - 100% translated and edited, image editing complete, waiting on QA build
- Jack Jeanne - June 15th release
- Radiant Tale - July 27th release
- Norn9 ~Norn + Nonette~ Last Era - August 24th release
- Virche Evermore: Error Salvation - 2023 release - Fall 2023 release
- Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II - Fall 2023 release
- Tengoku Struggle -Strayside- - 2024 release
- Queen of the Otaku: THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE - July 18th release
- Succubus Sessions: Mami Mamiya’s Sweet Slice of Hell - July 21st release
- ONE. - December 22nd release
- Nukitashi - 2023 release
- Sacrifice Villains - Announced
- Magic Charge Duet - Released
- The Princess in the Mirror - Released
- Charade Maniacs - June 27th release
- Venus Blood -Gaia- - Kickstarted succeeded, July 28th release
- I want to have your babies! ~Long-awaited reunion! My childhood friend got sexy and horny~ - Announced
- Monkeys! - English release planned
- Haunted Obachestra Vol.1 Awaking - Upcoming release
- NarKarma EngineA - Announced, in development
- Taimanin Asagi - Page for the Trial of episode 1 back on Steam
- Fault Milestone 2 - Side Below - Upcoming release
submitted by hubb2001
to vns [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:57 Packer221 "Here For You" is the official name of the song known by the fan name "To Fall Down"
2023.05.29 19:36 vanlance [US] [SELLING] MEMORIAL DAY SALE
Happy Memorial Day! For this special sale, everything in Picture 5 is $5 and I’ve updated the price guide for Picture 5 below. Otherwise, please refer to the pricing below. All of the newer stuff will be right below where it says “Picture (Picture 1, Picture 2, etc)
As always, everything equal to or greater than $20 includes shipping. Anything less will be a flat $3-$5 shipping. Not intending to split any of the sets unless noted. If you need any more pictures, feel free to ask. https://imgur.com/a/mDVoZn8
Gunslinger Girls 13-14 - $75
After School Nightmare 1-10 COMPLETE - $130
Lucky Star 1, 3 - $35
Aria 2,3,5,6 - $50
Komi Can’t Communicate 1-19 - $140
Hinowa Ga Crush 1,2,4 - $25
Code Geass Stage 0, Anthology for Girls 1-2 - $40
Alice in Murderland 2 - $25
Please Tell me Galko Chan 1,4,5 - $60
Lone Wolf and Cub 19 - $15
IWGP Volume 4 - $15
Kurosagi Delivery Service 1 omnibus - $15
Wotakoi 1 - $10
Path of the Assassin 10 - $20
Monster 11 - $25
Dorothea 1,3 - $35
Blood + 1 - $15
Big Order 1 - $10
Devil Ecstasy 1 - $10
Cipher 10 - $35
Magic Knight Rayearth 1 omnibus - $20
X2 (times 2) COMPLETE - $20
Ciguatera 3 - $12
Ace Attorney 1 & Official Casebook 2 - $30
Twin Knights 2 - $10
The Kurosagi Delivery Service 3 - $10
Maga-Tsuki 11-13 - $15
One Piece 5-6 (gold foils)- $30
Plunderer 1 - $15
An Older Guy’s VR First Love (Oneshot) - $10
Masamune Kun’s Revenge 1,2,8 - $35
Attack on Titan 1,2,4,5 before the fall 1, no regrets 1 - $20
Shadow star 2,3 - $25
Kamiyadori 3-4 (4 still sealed)- $20
Ninja Slayer Kills 1-5 COMPLETE - $30
Master Keaton 6,9 - $30
Genshiken Omnibus 3 - $20
Castle in the Sky Ani-Manga 2-4 - $25
Reborn as a Polar Bear (all sealed) - $25
Summertime Rendering 1-4 (paperback; 1-3 sealed in box set) - $70
Tokyo Revengers 1-6 - $40
Kinos Journey 1-8 COMPLETE - $70
Young Miss Holmes 7-8 - $25
Kill La Kill 1,3 - $50
Voyeur COMPLETE - $50
Attack on Titan Before the Fall 1-17 - $110
Tramps like Us 1-7 (missing 6) - $110
Umineko 1-2 - $120
Jack Frost 1-7 - $75
Maga-Tsuki 1-13 COMPLETE - $90
Pandora in the Crimson Shell 1-11 - $75
A Certain Scientific Railgun 7,8,11,13 - $50
Saikano 1-6 - $90
Children of Whales 7,9-11,13,16,17 (7 volumes) - $65
Ikigami 6,7,9 (3 volumes) - $30
Canon 1-4 COMPLETE - $40
High School Girls 1-9 COMPLETE - $75
Berserk 1-10 Deluxe Editions - $320
Glephnir 1-11 - $90
Hellsing 1-3 Deluxe Editions - $100
Im Great Priest 1-9 - $80
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-14 omni - $100
No Gun’s Life 1-12 (missing 10) - $100
Attack on Titan Junior High 1-5 COMPLETE - $55
Everything in Picture 5: is: $5 + shipping. Buy 4 and you get free shipping. Buy 6 you get it for all for $25 with free shipping. Free add on for any sets from Picture 1-4.
submitted by vanlance
to mangaswap [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:26 Worried_Ad7041 Need help finding a good restaurants for my boyfriends birthday
Hi guys. So I’m looking for a good restaurant that is on the more fancy or nice side for my boyfriends birthday/our moving-in-together celebration. I really want to dine in either mid town or more preferably in the immediate downtown area.
I’m already familiar with Roxy’s, and the Brazilian steak house. I already made a few reservations to places just to hold a seat for me if I choose it, but I want to know the general opinion from people.
Usually I’m not so picky, but the prices are just so high here (I know it’s because of casino tourism) for meat especially, and the last few places I’ve tried like toucan Sams, and wild river grill (ew) have been way too expensive for what I’ve gotten…
So far I’ve been leaning to the Brazilian steakhouse because I can get all you can eat meat and pasta for $58, but one steak at Roxy’s looks like it’s $55 not including appetizers and drinks…although I do love the idea of being seated in the balcony area with the live music at Roxy’s.
But, I digress. I’ve never eaten at either, and if people can give me insight on those 2, or any heads ups on hidden gems in down town I’d love it! I just want this night to be really special - Aka I don’t want us feeling sad that we felt robbed 😂
submitted by Worried_Ad7041
to Reno [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:23 IronGremlin Optimization strategies for large scale stateful water simulation
I am designing a procedural terrain system for a large, but fixed size, open world game. I've been writing software on and off professionally for ~8 years, but I have only been working on games for about 3 months, and I am new to C#.
The terrain scale is 1 vertex per meter at max LOD, desired world size is approximately 3-5 square km.
The goal is to statically generate the world ahead of time - this was chosen because I wanted to place water features, such as lakes and streams, in a somewhat "authentic" (as opposed to realistic) manner. EG, water is allowed to "disappear" into a sufficiently large lake, not every stream needs to necessarily find an off-map outlet, but I don't want streams to just vanish into local depressions in the terrain, and if I have a great deal of water flowing into a lake, that lake should probably have an outlet.
I am generating some source data from a hydrological erosion simulation - basically I am tracking the errosive 'droplet' positions and volumes over time, and using that as a baseline data source to decide where to place rivers, lakes, etc.
Unexpectedly, (at least for me) drawing lakes has proven to way more challenging than drawing streams/rivers - "settling" the volume to a given level has been giving me some serious headaches. Conceptually, the problem isn't super hard - water volumes move into open volumes and can't move up-hill - but although I've come up with several implementations that yield promising final results I have been struggling with anything that completes in a sensible amount of time (my tentative target here is sub 5 minutes, which should give you a solid idea of just how poorly this has been going for me).
What I've done to address it so far
So far, my implementations have been based around either flood-fills with a volume budget (this gave great results but took FOREVER) or a cellular automata style approach wherein each grid cell pushes water to lower height neighbors (gives decent results, much more performant, but still nowhere close to where it needs to be, and has some predictable trouble settling at a fixed height for a given lake boundary).
Where my head is at currently
My two "big ideas" so far to try to scrape better performance out of this process are, in brief, "do it in parallel" and "get better data locality" - but both of those are butting up pretty strongly against the nature of the problem.
Big fundamental issue #1 - everything cares deeply about the water level of neighboring cells, and volumes have arbitrary and expensive-to-identify boundaries. EG, I can't figure out a good way to partition operations so that threads wouldn't step on each-others toes or so that I can partition smaller areas to process to keep stuff cache local. Like, I can split stuff up, sure, but I have to consolidate across areas where work was done, and how do I do that and know when I'm done without "being able to see" the whole state.
Big fundamental issue #2 - The map is too ****ing big. If I did make copies of the state to work on in chunks and have a consolidation pass for at some point, I'm liable to run into OOM challenges. This feels solvable - like for example I could stuff the world data into an MMAP'd file - but I'm not sure how to dial in reasonably sized "chunks" to pull out of it or to try to enforce how much "standing memory" I'm allocating when I pull stuff out of storage to work on it. EG, what patterns do I use to make sure I'm disposing of stuff when I'm done with it and ensure I only spin up N threads at once, etc.
What techniques or technologies do the Unity developers of Reddit suggest as strong candidates to address this?
Should I use unity's job system, or is this a better fit for C#'s native threads?
Is this a point where I should be considering looking outside of C# for additional performance? I have strongly considered falling back to Rust, but as much as I like finding excuses to write in Rust introducing a second language to a project also introduces a metric ***ton of incidental complexity I'd rather avoid.
Is there another way to frame this problem space algorithmically that could elide some of these issues?
submitted by IronGremlin
to Unity3D [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:15 PSHoffman Pacifist: 6 - Hrutskuld Don't Have Orphanages
<< First < Prev
*** Caly and Olm followed the dust storm
out of the city and down into the scrublands, passing the scattered parade of repulsor bikes and homesteader trucks and old sandcutter boats that were so laden with luggage they didn’t hover, so much as drag along the sand. Eventually, the scrublands gave way to even scrubbier lands, and it was just Caly and Olm alone. The hills no longer grew with an abundance of weeds, only patches of sharp-looking grass, and twists and clumps of gnarled cacti. Pipes of stiff plants cast shadows down the ridges of the hills, looking every bit like people standing along the red cliffs, raising their hands to beg for a ride.
Coordinates ticked away on the corner of her visor, routing their path to the orphanage. The tails of the storm showered the hills with dust, dust, and more dust. But when it came to the cracked flats, its fury dried up, and it spread into a tan haze across all that empty land. You couldn’t ask for better terrain. Caly leaned forward in the stirrups and Olm squeezed tighter around her waist. She throttled on, and the bike reared and screamed as it plunged into the haze, leaving a sandy vortex in their wake.
They thundered across the desert. Her legs went numb, and even then, she kept going.
A shift, on the horizon was the only warning. A gap rose up out of nowhere, a massive canyon deeper than it was wide. She yanked on the brakes, and shoved the repulsor hard against the sand as she tried to halt the bike’s forward movement. Not soon enough. Caly cursed and threw the bike into a turn until they sped along the edge of the cliff.
“Sorry,” she growled. She hadn’t seen the canyon until they were practically staring down into it.
Olm didn’t say anything about their near miss, no criticism, no disapproving intake of breath. She was quietly grateful for that.
Both of them stayed seated in silence for a long moment, taking in the view. Entire cities could’ve fit down there, and no one would know. Plants grew in the cracks and shelves down the cliff faces, and one enterprising old tree had found enough dirt to make a home on a rocky outcropping jutting halfway across the canyon. Far below, the glint of brown water suggested that a creek might be down there, hidden in shadow and dry, tangled brush.
Olm grunted. Caly turned her head to follow his gaze, down the other side of the canyon. At first, she thought she was looking at some huge shadow cutting across the canyon. Her helmet zoomed in on a structure, black and metallic, that jutted from one end of the gap to the other. Spikes large enough to spear a spacecraft jutted up from its twisting form. The structure, which looked more like the intertwined roots of some moon-sized tree, growing through the stone.
“What is that?”
“Only the Dead Ones know,” Olm said.
Like the Spirines of the Independent Cities, the root bridge was made of that black, glittering substance favored by the Dys. Not quite metal. Maybe, once, it dammed the river, but the river had cut beneath it, and kept on its winding trail, so the Root looked more like an exposed, planet-sized rib.
“Let’s head South,” Olm said. “We’ll find another crossing.”
“That thing looks sturdy enough.”
“So? We’re just passing over it. Bike won’t even touch the thing.”
Olm rumbled his discomfort.
“You think the human crossed somewhere else?” Caly cocked her head, a challenge.
Olm grunted, as if to say “Fine.”
The Bridge grew at an angle. While the opposing side rose smoothly to the top of the cliff, their side began with a bit of a drop. “Hang on,” she said, as she lined up the bike and revved the repulsors. They flew off the cliff, and she pulled up hard to keep the heavy nose level as they fell toward the Dyssian dam, or whatever it was. They crunched on impact. And then, her stomach dropped as the repulsor almost slid off the smooth, mottled-black structure. Then, it was smooth riding. They hovered a foot or two above the Bridge, but even so, Olm’s hands crushed her shoulders under his anxious grip. Normally, he hated when she pulled the throttle, so she was surprised when he leaned forward and spoke in a tense voice, “Faster.”
She had to resist ramping off the other side. With sand once more under their feet, Olm let go of her, leaned back in the saddle, and gave a loud sigh. She glanced in the mirror, and saw him squeezing his eyes shut, the cracks in his skins glowing a dull red.
“Need a rest?” she asked.
“I thought we were trying to catch up to him.”
“No sense going in unprepared. Be ready, or be ready to die, right?”
“I am always ready for death.” Olm sniffed. Looked back at the Bridge, its gnarled spines standing sentry over the canyon. “But let’s not camp here.”
They rode until the air was so chill, Caly couldn’t feel her fingers. Her visor’s heaters struggled to keep up without fogging up her helmet, so they dismounted and built a small camp in the shadow of a rocky berm. Olm set out his pocket fire, a small spherical device that gave off a warm, blue glow. They used the bike and their own bodies to shield the light from any far off watchers. The sunset lit up a torn tuft of cloud. It looked like the last, falling petal of a fiery rose.
As the sun waned, one of Nowhere’s moons seemed to gain strength. Caly spotted the Hyperlane not far off, a string of double lights spread across the sky like a constellation of twin arrows, side by side.
When the Hyperlane started to glow, Caly stood up.
She watched it, for a long moment. Gathering light, going from a pale fuzz to full blue and into white as all that pent-up energy flushed out. And then, it was just those two strings of light once more.
“More Auran Arais,” Caly said.
“Floaters? How can you tell?”
“Helmet caught their IDs. That’s the second batch of freighters this week. Headed out to the new belts, I’d guess.”
Olm looked up, though his hands stayed hovering over the pocket fire, said, “More and more these days. Wonder why?”
The Hyperlanes were not one way to cross the systems of the Synod—they were the only way. Without them, the Synod was nothing more than a series of isolated planets, separated by millions of light years. Once, Caly had asked her mother, “Why don’t we just build more?”
“We didn’t build them,” her mother said, disgusted that her own child would ask such an inane question. “We only discovered them. It was the Dyss who set all this in motion.”
The Synod’s ability to power the lanes was severely limited. Getting passage to the Synod’s core (where everyone wanted to be) was more expensive than going out. So the only people who came all this way, to New Nowhere—the last junction on the furthest frontier—were prospectors, fortune seekers, families in dire need, dreamers or fools (which were the same thing), the odd adventurer and thrill seeker, and, of course, the exiles. Like Olm. Like me.
Out here, there was only one hyperlane, and the Synod was not keen on wasting the reserves to keep it running. Even the Auran Arais—those patient masters of interstellar industry—only sent the odd mega-freighter to work the belts beyond. If the lane was lighting up again, twice in one week, something big was happening back home.
But what? And why now? The Couran Unity was still gathering their support in the Councils, both Mass and Crown. It would be decades before their plans went into motion.
She stared up at the hyperlane, as if she could demand answers from it. She stood, forgetting how cold and tired she was, until Olm tugged on her sleeve, and offered her a piece of dried biscuit and a clod of cheese so cold it was almost frozen. Caly flipped her visor open, and wolfed it down.
As they settled in for the night, she scanned the horizon one last time, searching for lifeforms. Her visor illuminated only the strange, urchin-like plants that grew in clusters along the shadowed parts of the desert. Feathery fronds stuck out of the spines and waved in the wind, catching airborne microbes, or whatever it was they did for food.
“Thank the stars for the Synod’s Finest,” Olm said, as he pulled out a couple of emergency packs and bedrolls from the top trunk of the enforcer’s bike. Caly took a bedroll, the metallic fabric crinkling as she laid it out. She curled as close to the pocket flame as she could without melting her bedroll, and willed herself to relax. She started to dim her visor to block out the light from the stars, when Olm muttered something from the bedroll next to hers.
“What?” Caly turned over.
“Can’t stop thinking about him,” Olm grumbled.
Olm rolled over and propped himself up on a huge elbow, “One second, he was there. The next—you saw it, didn’t you?”
“I didn’t see anything. There was too much dust.”
“Exactly. How fast did he get up to your tower?”
“Maybe the human’s got a double. Like Split Agasgar?”
“No,” Olm said. “It was only him.”
They both sat in silence.
She’d never seen him like this. There was something about Olm’s quiet contemplation that dampened her enthusiasm for the new plan. Tomorrow’s problem.
The chill bit into her suit and she sank deeper into her crinkly bedroll and shoved her hands under her arms. Her thoughts turned from the new plan to old plans gone awry. To friends, become enemies. And then, as always, to Caspian, and to the dream of a life, long left behind.
Olm woke her before the sun of dawn spilled its golden blood over the horizon. They saddled up, this time with Olm riding pilot, and Caly leaning back in the cushy passenger seat. When they crossed a rough mountain pass, they found themselves in an ocean of gray and green grass. In the foothills, some enormous mass of cacti crowded out the grass, and created impassable mounds covered in spikes and tall-sprouting stems that waved heavily with bright-colored fruit. Almost like the plants were tempting them to come closer. A herd of scave boars chewed thoughtfully on the outer edges of the cacti mounds, their tongues thicker than the plates of thorny cacti could penetrate. One of them watched Caly and Olm hovering through grass and thorn with bored interest, just watching and chewing.
The foothills descended into a valley, carved by a few slow-moving streams of brown water. Majestic cliffs lined the valley walls, steep and painted with hundreds of segments, each one a different shade of red. Caly found herself wondering how those pathetic little streams could carve something so beautiful. They rode into the narrow beneath the cliffs and, even with the sun high overhead, the light failed to reach them, failed to warm the chill of the shadows.
There was a silhouette at the end of the canyon, standing still with its head upturned and enrobed in sunlight. Caly pointed it out, and Olm slowed the bike to a humming crawl.
“Wait. It’s just rocks,” she said, “Thought it was someone waiting for us.”
But Olm kept the bike tuned low, moving carefully and as soundlessly as he could, the water barely rippling under the repulsor. Even when they passed the stack of rocks (or wind-carved stone, or whatever it was), he kept his form hunched low and his eyes cast up at the increasingly-cracked canyon walls.
“Dyss,” he said.
“How do you know?”
“I smell it,” Olm sniffed meaningfully.
They turned the last bend of the canyon, and looked down upon a forest of black stone, sprouting from the red sand. No, not stone, Caly thought, as she gazed over the labyrinths of glittering spires and obsidian fangs jutting up from the sand. This is the work of the Dead Ones. Sweeping statues of that ancient, brushed metal stood watch like misshapen sentinels, twisting up from the stone. They marched along the ridge like the backplates of some enormous reptile. Black arches marched up the sides of the valley and when the wind blew through them, it made a sound like a mournful choir, ten thousand voices.
“They walked here, once.” Olm said, wrinkling his nose. His shoulders were so tense, they almost reached his ears. His eyes scanned the black towers and arches and jagged scales bursting from the earth, all that obsidian metal glittering in the rising sun.
“Should we turn back?” Though they were alone, Caly felt the need to whisper, as if something about this place would know they had come. The Bridge was one thing, but even she could feel that gentle, insidious tug in her chest. It was those singing voices in the wind.
“No. You were right the first time. Let fear guide your way, and you will never find your glory.”
Olm leaned over (making the bike tip slightly) and grabbed a fistful of red dirt. He threw it up, letting it shower on his head as muttered some hrutskuld prayer for safe passage, though not in those exact words. It was more like asking Death to turn a blind eye while they crossed, in exchange for a more gruesome end at a later date.
Meanwhile, the wind sang through the blades and arches. An itch grew between her shoulder blades.
“Coordinates say the orphanage is through this valley.” She said.
“What kind of orphanage would be in a place like this?”
“Well,” Caly said, raising her helmet’s volume to be heard over the choir of dead voices, “If the human made it through here, then we can too.”
Olm made a doubtful rumble in his throat. But he pushed the bike forward, and they began the long, winding trek through the maze.
They rambled through jagged teeth and curving towers, around bends of treacherous cliffs. Rainpaths crisscrossed the sands and smooth slabs of rock, tinted red with iron or white from limestone powder. Olm kept blinking, like he was trying to clear his vision, and at one point he asked Caly, “Did you say something?”
“Thought I heard … never mind.”
“Let me drive,” Caly said. Olm didn’t argue. He slid back, and started massaging his temples, and muttered something about how it would be better if the dead remembered to stay dead.
The sooner they left this place, the better.
On one sheer cliff, someone had hammered stakes into the rock to use as handholds, but only one stake still remained. There was a cave where a tattered rucksack hidden in the shadows.
“Someone lived here,” she said.
“Must’ve been mad.”
When the ground became too treacherous, Olm had to lead the bike on foot, slowly hovering behind him as he pulled it with a rope tied around his waist. They had to pull it through a bend, scraping the metal on stone, when a sound up high made them both stop. Stones and pebbles slid down the cliff and skittered over their path, but Caly saw nothing above them.
She turned her scanners on full power, and left them running, even though it drained her suit. She could make up the charge later.
By midday, the Dead One’s ruins dwindled to knee-high shapes, so the sun struck the sharp rocks and the whole valley radiated with its heat, until even Olm was sweating. There wasn’t enough power for Caly’s fans, and her suit stuck to her every time she moved. She took off her gloves, and peeled back her sleeves, but kept her helmet in place.
They trudged up a steep slope with Olm dragging the bike, each footstep only gave a handful of centimeters, each breath leaving her lungs wanting more. At the top, they gasped and drank in the thin air.
Far below, there was a creek, muddy and brown and small enough in some places that Caly thought she might simply step over it. As it rolled down the valley, it collected dozens of other small streams and yet, it never seemed to grow any wider. But there were trees—actual trees—growing along the rocky bank. Some were sheltered in the cliffs, though even they drove their gnarled roots down to the creek. They looked like shriveled old men, bent by the dry centuries. But further up the creek, a copse of trees stood proud and tall above the rest—dark green steeples of the highland pines, fencing in the white-barked guardia trees with their broad leaves arranged like a wall of bright, yellow shields to shade their branches.
Caly’s helmet pinged. It took her a moment to see it, beneath the trees: a fort, with red walls so old, they crumbled seamlessly into the red sand. A single parapet lifted from the walls, shrouded by branches and yellow leaves.
“You ever see an orphanage like that?” she asked.
“Hrutskald don’t have orphanages,” he said, “Only barracks.”
“Oh, right,” Caly said, as if she had known that.
In a way, she supposed courans were the same. If you didn’t have a House, you didn’t have anything. You got sent wherever the ruling Houses sent you, and the rest of your life was written.
She chewed her lip, trying to plan their next move. “If I were a bandit, I’d hole up in there.”
“They do love their trees. Especially ones you can hang people from.”
The fort was quiet and still. Only the trees swayed in the breeze. She could shoot from a distance all day, but this—this was unknown. Caly swallowed, her throat suddenly thick.
A true Cavalier must face far worse than this.
“Think he’s in there?” Olm asked.
Caly put every ounce of her bravado into her reply, “Only one way to find out.” << First < Prev NEW CHAPTER ON MONDAY
Support us on Patreon to join a (very small) community and read way ahead.
submitted by PSHoffman
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:05 dylanrpdx White River Falls State Park, OR
2023.05.29 19:04 JoshAsdvgi THE BLACKFOOT GENESIS
| || | submitted by JoshAsdvgi to Native_Stories [link] [comments]
THE BLACKFOOT GENESIS
All animals of the Plains at one time heard and knew him, and all birds of the air heard and knew him.
All things that he had made understood him, when he spoke to them, the birds, the animals, and the people.
Old Man was travelling about, south of here, making the people.
He came from the south, travelling north, making animals and birds as he passed along.
He made the mountains, prairies, timber, and brush first.
So he went along, travelling northward, making things as he went, putting rivers here and there, and falls on them, putting red paint here and there in the ground, fixing up the world as we see it today.
He made the Milk River (the Teton) and crossed it, and, being tired, went up on a little hill and laydown to rest.
As he lay on his back, stretched out on the ground, with arms extended, he marked himself out with stones, — the shape of his body, head, legs, arms, and everything.
There you can see those rocks today.
After he had rested, he went on northward, and stumbled over a knoll and fell down on his knees.
Then he said, " You are a bad thing to be stumbling against " ; so he raised up two large buttes there, and named them the Knees, and they are called so to this day.
He went on further north, and with some of the rocks he carried with him he built the Sweet
Old Man covered the plains with grass for the animals to feed on.
He marked off a piece of ground, and in it he made to grow all kinds of roots and berries, — camas, wild carrots, wild turnips, sweet-root, bitter-root, sarvis berries, bull berries, herries, plums, and rosebuds.
He put trees in the ground.
He put all kinds of animals on the ground.
When he made the bighorn with its big head and horns, he made it out on the prairie.
It did not seem to travel easily on the prairie ; it was awkward and could not go fast.
So he took it by one of its horns, and led it up into the mountains, and turned it loose ; and it skipped about among the rocks, and went up fearful places with ease.
So he said, " This is the place that suits you ; this is what you are fitted for, the rocks and the mountains."
While he was in the mountains, he made the antelope out of dirt, and turned it loose, to see how it would go.
It ran so fast that it fell over some rocks and hurt itself.
He saw that this would not do, and took the antelope down on the prairie, and turned it
loose ; and it ran away fast and gracefully, and he said, " This is what you are suited to."
One day Old Man determined that he would make a woman and a child ; so he formed them both the woman and the child, her son — of clay.
After he had moulded the clay in human shape, he said to the clay, "You must be people," and then he covered it up and left it, and went away.
The next morning he went to the place and took the covering off, and saw that the clay shapes had changed a little.
The second morning there was still more change, and the third still more.
The fourth morning he went to the place, took the covering off, looked at the images, and
told them to rise and walk ; and they did so.
They walked down to the river with their Maker, and then he told them that his name was Na'pi, Old Man.
As they were standing by the river, the woman said to him, " How is it ? will we always live, will there be no end to it ? "
He said : " I have never thought of that. We will have to decide it.
I will take this buffalo chip and throw it in the river.
If it floats, when people die, in four days they All become alive again ; they will die for only four days.
But if it sinks, there will be an end to them." He threw the chip into the river, and it floated. The woman turned and picked up a stone, and said : " No, I will throw this stone in the river ; if it floats we will always live, if it sinks people must die, that they may always be sorry for each other."
The woman threw the stone into the water, and it sank.
"There," said Old Man, "you have chosen.
There will be an end to them."
It was not many nights after, that the woman's child died, and she cried a great deal for it. She said to Old Man : " Let us change this.
The law that you first made, let that be a law." He said : " Not so.
What is made law must be law. We will undo nothing that we have done.
The child is dead, but it cannot be changed. People will have to die."
That is how we came to be people. It is he who made us.
The first people were poor and naked, and did not know how to get a living.
Old Man showed them the roots and berries, and told them that they could eat them ; that in a certain month of the year they could peel the bark off" some trees and eat it, that it was good.
He told the people that the animals should be their food, and gave them to the people, saying, "These are your herds."
He said: "All these little animals that live in the ground — rats, squirrels, skunks, beavers — are good to eat.
You need not fear to eat of their flesh." He made all the birds that fly, and told the people that there was no harm in their flesh, that it could be eaten.
The first people that he created he used to take about through the timber and swamps and over the prairies, and show them the different plants.
Of a certain plant he would say, " The root of this plant, if gathered in a certain month of the year, is good for a certain sickness."
So they learned the power of all herbs.
In those days there were buffalo.
Now the people had no arms, but those black animals with long beards were armed ; and once, as the people were moving about, the buffalo saw them, and ran after them, and hooked them, and killed and ate them.
One day, as the Maker of the people was travelling over the country, he saw some of his children, that he had made, lying dead, torn to pieces and partly eaten by the buffalo.
When he saw this he was very sad.
He said : " This will not do. I will change this. The people shall eat the buffalo."
He went to some of the people who were left, and said to them, " How is it that you people do nothing to these animals that are killing you ? "
The people said : " What can we do ? We have no way to kill these animals, while
they are armed and can kill us."
Then said the Old Man : " That is not hard. I will make you a weapon that will kill these animals."
So he went out, and cut some sarvis berry shoots, and brought them in, and peeled the bark off them.
He took a larger piece of wood, and flattened it, and tied a string to it, and made a bow. Now, as he was the master of all birds and could do with them as he wished, he went out
and caught one, and took feathers from its wing, and split them, and tied them to the shaft of wood.
He tied four feathers along the shaft, and tried the arrow at a mark, and found that it did not fly well.
He took these feathers off, and put on three ; and when he tried it again, he found that
it was good.
He went out and began to break sharp pieces off the stones.
He tried them, and found that the black flint stones made the best arrow points, and some white flints.
Then he taught the people how to use these things.
Then he said : " The next time you go out, take these things with you, and use them as I tell you, and do not run from these animals.
When they run at you, as soon as they get pretty close, shoot the arrows at them, as I have taught you ; and you will see that they will run from you or will run in a circle around you."
Now, as people became plenty, one day three men went out on to the plain to see the buffalo, but they had no arms.
They saw the animals, but when the buffalo saw the men, they ran after them and killed two of them, but one got away.
One day after this, the people went on a little hill to look about, and the buffalo saw them, and said, " Saiyah, there is some more of our food," and they rushed on them.
This time the people did not run.
They began to shoot at the buffalo with the bows and arrows Na^pi had given them,
and the buffalo began to fall ; but in the fight a person was killed.
At this time these people had flint knives given them, and they cut up the bodies of the dead buffalo.
It is not healthful to eat the meat raw, so Old Man gathered soft dry rotten driftwood and made punk of it, and then got a piece of hard wood, and drilled a hole in it with an arrow point, and gave them a pointed piece of hard wood, and taught them how to make a fire with fire sticks, and to cook the flesh of these animals and eat it.
They got a kind of stone that was in the land, and then took another harder stone and worked one upon the other, and hollowed out the softer one, and made a kettle of it.
This was the fashion of their dishes.
Also Old Man said to the people : " Now, if you are overcome, you may go and sleep, and get power.
Something will come to you in your dream, that will help you.
Whatever these animals tell you to do, you must obey them, as they appear to you in your dreams.
Be guided by them. If anybody wants help, if you are alone and travelling, and cry aloud for help, your prayer will be answered.
It may be by the eagles, perhaps by the buffalo, or by the bears.
Whatever animal answers your prayer, you must listen to him."
That was how the first people got through the world, by the power of their dreams.
After this, Old Man kept on, travelling north.
Many of the animals that he had made followed him as he went.
The animals understood him when he spoke to them, and he used them as his servants. When he got to the north point of the Porcupine Mountains, there he made some
more mud images of people, and blew breath upon them, and they became people.
He made men and women.
They asked him, " What are we to eat ? " He made many images of clay, in the form of buffalo.
Then he blew breath on these, and they stood up ; and when he made signs to them, they started to run.
Then he said to the people, " Those are your food." They said to him, " Well, now,
we have those animals; how are we to kill them?" "I will show you," he said.
He took them to the cliff, and made them build rock piles ; and he made the
people hide behind these piles of rock, and said, " When I lead the buffalo this way, as I bring them opposite to you, rise up."
After he had told them how to act, he started on toward a herd of buffalo.
He began to call them, and the buffalo started to run toward him, and they followed him until they were inside the lines.
Then he dropped back ; and as the people rose up, the buffalo ran in a straight line and jumped over the cliff.
He told the people to go and take the flesh of those animals.
They tried to tear the limbs apart, but they could not.
They tried to bite pieces out, and could not.
So Old Man went to the edge of the cliff, and broke some pieces of stone with sharp edges, and told them to cut the flesh with these.
W'hen they had taken the skins from these animals, they set up some poles and put the hides on them, and so made a shelter to sleep under.
There were some of these buffalo that went over the cliff that were not dead.
Their legs were broken, but they were still alive.
The people cut strips of green hide, and tied stones in the middle, and made large mauls, and broke in the skulls of the buffalo, and killed them.
After he had taught those people these things, he started off again, travelling north, until he came to where Bow and Elbow rivers meet.
There he made some more people, and taught them the same things.
From here he again went on northward.
When he had come nearly to the Red Deer's River, he reached the hill where the Old Man sleeps.
There he lay down and rested himself.
The form of his body is to be seen there yet.
When he awoke from his sleep, he travelled further northward and came to a fine high hill. He climbed to the top of it, and there sat down to rest.
He looked over the country below him, and it pleased him.
Before him the hill was steep, and he said to himself, " Well, this is a fine place for sliding ; I will have some fun," and he began to slide down the hill.
The marks where he slid down are to be seen yet, and the place is known to all people as the " Old Man's Sliding Ground."
This is as far as the Blackfeet followed Old Man.
Crees know what he did further north.
In later times once, Na'pi said, " Here I will mark you off a piece of ground," and he did so. Then he said : "There is your land, and it is full of all kinds of animals, and many things grow in this land.
Let no other people come into it.
This is for you five tribes (Blackfeet, Bloods, Piegans, Gros Ventres, Sarcees).
When people come to cross the line, take your bows and arrows, your lances and your battle axes, and give them battle and keep them out.
If they gain a footing, trouble will come to you."
Our forefathers gave battle to all people who came to cross these lines, and kept them out. Of late years we have let our friends, the white people, come in, and you know the result. We, his children, have failed to obey his laws.
The boundaries of this land are given as running east from a point in the summit of the Rocky Mountains west of Fort Edmonton, taking in the country to the east and south, including the Porcupine Hills, Cypress Mountains, and Little Rocky Mountains, down to the mouth of the Yellowstone on the Missouri; then west to the head of the Yellowstone, and across the Rocky Mountains to the Beaverhead ; thence to the summit of the Rocky Mountains and north along them to the starting-point.
2023.05.29 18:52 Michtrk Alternate History of the People's Republic of China (Reworked China lore)
| || |Five Generations of Chinese leaders Poster 1. Brief period of peace (1949-1951) and Third phase of the Chinese civil war (1951-1953) submitted by Michtrk to pobeda1946 [link] [comments]
1949 Huang He ceasefire meant de-iure division of China between two independent states. Both KMT and CPC disproved of this, both claimed to be one and one and only government of whole unified China. There was even a plan to give a separate UN seat to Mao’s government, but due to ROC opposition this proposal failed. Newly declared “People’s Republic of China/Beijing Government” (or alternatively in its full actual name between 1949- and 1953-People’s Liberation Government of the Republic of China
) did not gain almost any official international recognition (with one exception being Korea).
However, in 1951 the ceasefire was already broken. Numerous clashes started alongside the Huang He already months of signing of the ceasefire during 1949 and 1950. Neither KMT nor CPC planned to abide by 1949 ceasefire in the future anyway, for them it was just temporally peace and prepared for the final fight. Mao was strongly advised by Stalin to not break status quo, this however incensed Mao, who (in private) accused Stalin of wanting to “sacrifice Chinese revolution to Western Imperialism”. Similarly, Chiang was reminded from Americans that U.S. would not support any offensive against communists. Moreover, president Taft stood for policy of non-interference in Chinese matters, so KMT was now in no position to start any offensive, but Chiang hoped for change in American leadership.
So, it was Mao, who fired the first shot. On the 26th of December 1950 (Mao Zedong’s birthday) PLA crossed the Huang He and launched full scaled offensive. KMT’s military managed to reorganize from defeats from 1946-1949 phase and in the first weeks of the war successfully hold on, but Chiang now, he could not do that for long without any support. Chiang brought the issue to the United Nations, but notion was rejected. U.S. declined all call for support. USSR in response did also not aid PRC. Communists, similarly as in the previous years, had on their side peasantry (who could actually see positive effects of early and reforms and campaigns between 1949 and 1950, which were launched in North China) and gained upper hand and pushed down the South. Already by spring 1952 communist forces captured Nanjing and continued further South. As Chiang expected change in the White House came, but it was to late for him as his forces were already shattered by communists.
- Early years of the People’s Republic of China (1953-1962)
1st February 1953 People’s Republic of China was proclaimed, last KMT remnants evacuated to Taiwan supported by U.S. under new leadership of MacArthur. So what Mao’s China is? Very similar to OTL, but since it is founded later some thing change due to changing outside conditions.
§ Land reform (partly in North since 1947, fully in North since 1949, 1953-1956 in rest of China) – same, land redistributed among peasants, landlords murdered.
§ Marriage, Education reforms (1953-1957)
§ Campaign to Suppress Counterrevolutionaries/Anti-Campaigns (1954-1958)
§ 1957 Hundred Flowers Campaign, that was followed by the Anti-Rightist Movement (1958)
§ 1957 the First 5Year Plan
China saw increase in living standards and economy between 1953-1962 Relations with USSR
Stalin died quickly after Chinese unification, this was beneficial for China since distrust between Stalin and Mao between 1949 and 1953 damaged Sino-Soviet relations. In 1953 socialist bloc recognised China and in 1954 Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship was signed between Mao and Khruschev (later extended to rest of socialist Europe) – this one was more equal for China than the OTL one, China gained many experts and technicians from USSR, Chinese workers were sent to USSR and Europe to fill same shortages. Beginnings of the Sino-Soviet split
(1956-1961) and Sino-Soviet split
Destalinisation in 1956 brough many ideological disagreements between Mao and Khrushchev (who was denounced by Mao as a revisionist), however many aspects such as Chinese need of economic aid and fear of MacArthur’s aggressive policy kept them together. China reacted to Hungarian revolution and condemned USSR for “bowing to the imperialist demands”, similar criticism Khrushchev received after non taking any direct action against the invasion of Egypt just few weeks later. In 1957 the First 5Year Plan was launched, this one was still developed with help of the soviet experts.
During 1960s relations started to deteriorate more and more. One of final straws was 1960 Second Taiwan Strait Crisis, which China started without consulting USSR (and risking the war with MacArthur). During the war in Cuba Mao demanded Khruschev to take direct military action to support Cuba and denounced Khruschev a a “revisionist traitor to communism, coward who knows only how capitulate to imperialist demands”, after these relations between USSR and China were finally broken. In 1962 formal declarations formulated each ideological position.
- The Great Leap Forward and fall of Mao Zedong (1962-1966)
Now isolated, same as OTL (but with obvious delay of 4 years) Mao Zedong launched his infamous Great Leap Forward and caused Great Chinese Famine resulting into deaths of 36 – 45 million people. After his Mao Zedong is forcefully side-lined during Seven Thousand Cadres Conference of 1966, moderates Liu Shaoqi, Zhou Enlai and Deng Xiaoping now ruled the country.
- Mao’s attempts to regain power and death (1967-1969)
Found himself in the same situation as in our reality, Mao attempted to reassert his power. Already in 1967, he launched Socialist Education Movement. Development in the rest of the communist world did also impact China, despite the official condemnation of the European Spring, Deng and Liu watched the economic reforms with large interest and them with associated reformists started to develop new plans for economic reconstruction, this led to final split between them and Mao. Mao instead worked on his own plan, utilizing need for governmental reform dealing with increasing bureaucratisation and corruption. In 1969 Mao presented the April 16 Notification, claiming that contra revolutionaries are infiltrating CPC. Soon fist mass rallies of maoist students started and schools have closed. Then Mao Zedong completely disappeared from the public, after the three weeks of silence on 16th June 1969 national broadcast announced that chairman Mao Zedong had died. Official explanation was hearth attack; however, many did not believe such explanation, most importantly radicals in the Student Red Guards, who believed Mao was murdered by counterrevolutionaries inside the Party.
(Reason for Mao’s death is only partly true. CPC officials knew it, but decided to hide it, because it is...ehm...embarrassing. The true reason of his death is in this World regarded just a “crazy conspiracy theory”. On 20th May 1969 Mao Zedong decided to swim across river Yagnze, as he did OTL, now almost 77 years old man suffered a heart attack during this swim and he started to quickly drowning, people who were close to him managed to pull chairman out of water and transported him to doctor, but it was too late.)
- The Red Guards Rebellion (1969-1970)
Large masses gathered on the Tiananmen Square (more than a million of people), many of these people were radicalised student red guards, who refused to leave and turned Mao’s funeral into a large demonstration, accusing the CPC leadership of treachery and murders (as response to this some official, knowing the true version released it, thus it is known as conspiracy). The Tiananmen manifestation was suppressed by PLA troops loyal to the CPC leadership. This was however not the end, but the beginning – all around the country the Red Guards launched what they called the “Second Chinese Revolution” with slogans like “Down with reactionary clique of Liu Shaoqi –upheld Mao Zedong’s thought, Mao Zedong still alive in our hearts” etc. It was nothing but open civil war between radical rough red guards and Chinese governments, some figures like Jiang Qing did also join the side of the guards. Crucial for putting the rebellion down was that Lin Biao (former close ally of Mao) joined forces with Deng and Liu. Effects of the Red Guards rebellion were disastrous, according to various accounts 300-500 thousand people died (but sill had less impact than OTL Cultural Revolution). This rebellion was used also used as excuse to launch Campaign against counterrevolutionary gangs
(1970-73), that purged the party from far-left faction. End of rebellion started the Eliminating Chaos and Returning to Normal period.
- Tetrarchy leadership and Four Cardinal Principles (1970-1974)
When situation stabilised, new leadership secured power – Liu, Chen, Zhou, and Lin. First two represented the moderate reformist wing, while Lin Biao represented the conservatives, he played pivotal role since his control over PLA. Zhou Enlai acted as moderator. Deng Xiaoping was also very influential as vice-premier. Campaign against counterrevolutionary gangs eventually weakened Lin Biao’s position and he was forced to retire. During this time basis of “Reform and Normalization” efforts were created. Four Cardinal Principles were approved and later put into 1978 constitution. Party also approved its view of Mao Zedong, upholding his status and giving responsibility for last events of his life solely to “counterrevolutionary gangs twisting the words of chairman Mao to destabilise China and strife for power” (so, because there is no Cultural Revolution Mao is viewed better…but he still still criticized for “making some mistakes” during the Great Leap Forward).
Efforts were made to revive economy, looking to the Soviet Union’s successful reform to inspiration.
- Liu Shaoqi/Chen Yun/Deng Xiaoping and Four Modernizations (1974-1991)
When Lin Biao was removed nothing stood against Chinese reform. This reform was inspired by the European ones but took more market character (still not that much market as did Deng’s OTL reform), despite Deng and Chen were mostly the architects of the reforms, Liu Shaoqi become the main face of era during 1970s and 1980s, then being followed by Chen Yun (so Deng is least known from them). Also, instead of Deng, Chen Yun become more influential (as he was the leader of the communist party, it fits the scenario well as he was more moderate about the reforms than Deng OTL)
Together with economic reform also come a political reform, in 1978 new constitution was created (very similar to that of OTL 1982), there was also limited political and cultural liberalisation.
China restored relations with the USSR and European socialist bloc (split was even less tense since 1969 border conflict did not happen) during 1970s. Andrei Gromyko visited Beijing in 1982 and Deng went on a tour through Europe in 1984. Unlike OTL Nixon was not in China and US-Chinese relations did not improve till 1985, when President Jesse Jackson become the first president to visit China, he met with the President Liu Shaoqi (he was seriously ill 87 years old man and died few months after) and Deng. U.S. recognised China and China gained UN seat. American capitalists started to invest into Chinese special economic zones.
In 1986 Liu dies and general secretary Chen Yun takes his position, leaving his position for Hu Yaobang.
With many changing in this timeline there are still some protests in 1989 as OTL, but never grow to such extent and there is no need to suppress them.
American businesses relocating to China is now more part of the lore (some of the still do, but is just exception than rule) because China partly joins the Soviet sanctions on Rumsfeld’s regime and works more on deepening relations with Europe and Third World. 8. Third and Fourth Generation of Leadership – Hu and Hu (1991-2011)
During this period, similarly as OTL China experiences its rapid rise. Similar people are in charge, political system is almost the same. Difference is the more socialist oriented economy. Hong Kong returned to China (Macau did already in 1975 after Portuguese Revolution). These years are considered to be the most democratic. 9. Bo Xilai – new left, neomaoism (2011 – present)
In 2011 Bo Xilai became the new leader of China. He is very different leader than the previous. Former major of Chongqing instituted model from his city nationwide. Maoist era aesthetics were revived (red songs, propaganda, personality cult), he focuses on achieving full employment, bettering living standards of the workers, while keeping the current market-oriented model (with exaggeration it could be called “social democracy”), he promotes social progressivism, voluntary communal collectives were also recreated. His most controversial actions was his large Anti-Corruption and Organised Crime Campaign
(2012-2015) in which many both civilian and military officials, business leaders and leading politicians (including Xi Jinping) were arrested imprisoned for alleged corruption. Bo changed constitution (approved by popular referendum) to abolish term limits. Following COVID crisis he further secured hi power. He officially instituted the Bo Xilai Thought on Chinese Socialism as new state ideology, his policy is also known as “Common prosperity” (equivalent to Xi’s Chinese Dream). Many accuse him of creating personality cult and being overall authoritarian and supressing opposition. Leadership list since 1969
Premier: Zhou Enlai (died 1976), Deng Xiaoping (1976(1978)-1988), Li Peng (1988-1998), Jiang Zemin (1998-2008), Wen Jiabao (2008-2018), Zhou Yongkang (since 2018)
As Chairman (1959-1978), President: Liu Shaoqi (1978-1986) (died) Chen Yun (1986-1991) (not seek term), Hu Qili (1991-2001), Hu Jintao (2001-2011), Bo Xilai (since 2011)
General Secretary: Chen Yun (1969-1986) Hu Yaobang (1986-1989), Hu Qili (1989-2000), Hu Jintao (2000-2011), Bo Xilai (since 2011)