King soopers jobs near me
2011.04.06 21:11 GSkiLL Kate Upton
Subreddit dedicated to Kate Upton
2012.10.17 21:37 Desomniac Seattle's Reddit Community
SeattleWA is the active Reddit community for Seattle, Washington and the Puget Sound area! Do you want lively open discussions, upcoming events, local artist creations, community meet-ups, Seattle history, current news, community outreach, and careful transparent moderation? This place is for you.
2012.05.15 19:29 jpm374 I Need Help Finding A Mechanical Engineering Internship Around West Chester, PA
2023.06.10 06:00 Usedbrainforsale I’m a nanny of 5 years & a local family just tried to humble me.
Like the title states, I have been a nanny for 5 years with 5 years previous childcare experience and education. As a nanny I don’t work for less than 95k a year now, I also work on contracts that I make and have the family agree to. This started about 2 years ago when I was making 105k a year with my latest family. That family recently lost their company and couldn’t afford to keep me, this directly violated our agreed upon contact (me being let go) so I fined them the previously mentioned amount for premature firing/let go. (If I were to violate the contract or neglect the kids or my job the fine would no longer apply via the contract.) so now, I am looking for a new job which brings me to this situation. I met with this family, the mother who I spoke to on the phone about my contracts and payment for the job I would be doing and everything was fine, until I sat down and met the husband the following day. I was going over my rates and contracts and quoted them 100k a year for my services based on what they wanted, which I already estimated for the wife on the phone and she showed no signs of disagreement. When the husband heard this he began laughing. Telling me that I was absurd to think they pay a glorified babysitter that much. He continued on to say the family should be giving the contracts not me and that me nor my services were worth that much. Now, like I stated I do have my degree and am able to teach the age group I work with. So my services included private homeschooling, house cleaning, private chef, family management and a few others. So I suppose my question is, is he right? Am I way out of bounds here? In my mind, I could charge a lot more. Keep in mind I only work for high profile clients who should be able to pay the rates I am asking. Please be blunt with me, as a nanny I would like to make changes if need be to my career.
submitted by Usedbrainforsale
to Nanny [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:59 axolottadamage Can we take a second to appreciate the boys for opening up this episode? (Potentially triggering content)
I would find it super difficult to openly talk about issues such as the ones they mentioned but hearing them discuss it plainly and without like mocking jokes was so refreshing.
In my own experience, I don’t have children but my youngest brother nearly killed my mother when he was born. His own condition was also unstable but in my mind (I was 9/10 yrs old) that didn’t matter the only thing I could focus on was my mom. It’s been way over a decade now and they’re both fine now but up until maybe he was 7-9 months old I truly resented him and it was completely unfair of me. It’s weird looking back because I love him and I can’t possibly imagine feeling that now. This probably is oversharing a bit so I’m sorry for that and it’s nowhere near Bob’s situation but I wanted to offer a bit of relatedness.
Anyways yeah just wanted to keep the openness going ❤️
submitted by axolottadamage
to distractible [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:59 corehazard Risks associated with renting a home out
I’m considering just renting out my home and getting an apartment very close to my employer. Also considering not having a car for some time I won’t one (thanks to Uber, Walmart Plus and DoorDash).
- My home would probably be around $2,000 a monthly based on similarly sized homes in the same area. The apartment, I’d like to move into would cost around $1,000 per month.
How much profit could I expect to make with the average property management company?
Would I still have to pay normal property taxes?
- How would having a property management company do all the work renting vs. me being a landlord? Would it almost be a second job?
On top of that squatters are known to be highly prevalent in my area.
- What are typically the safest types of tenants for renting a home?
submitted by corehazard
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:59 nomoredingo Found out info about my family that has changed my world
My (18F) grandma practically raised me and she’s like a mom to me. My mom had extensive depressive episodes when I was little, and my grandma let me stay with her to take stress off the family. For all of my life my mom has battled with depressive bipolar, and any time things got bad, my grandma stepped in to care for my sister and I. She’s a more traditional and Christian person, but still is very accepting of my parents atheist beliefs. I’d known a good deal about her past, and it was not easy for her to say the least. Her daughter and husband died within a year of each other, she was abused as a child and raised in extreme poverty, and her second husband cheated on her with a teenager. She was devastated and had a nervous breakdown. When she ever talked about this period in her life, she describes how the love for her other children and her faith kept her afloat. Well, it was last week that I learned that she had attempted when she learned what he had done. I learned it over family dinner and it was mentioned casually. I was frozen and couldn’t believe it. Looking back and trying to digest, it is not unimaginable to do something like that during such a dark time of your life, but it has shaken me up still. My childhood friend committed a few years back, and ever since I have become hypersensitive to possible symptoms of depression or suicidal thoughts in my family and friends. Knowing this about my grandma has increased my anxiety and has resurfaced the gnawing dread that followed my friends passing. THEN. mind you, in this same dinner conversation. I learn within the next hour that my dad is a recovering opioid addict and alcoholic. That he survived an overdose and nearly died drunk driving. That my mom cheated on my dad early in their marriage with a woman (though she was unaccepting when I mentioned being curious about my sexuality). That my fathers ptsd not only stems from a recent workplace accident, but also stems from when his sister attempted and drew blood all over the walls and he found her. He had slept with her girlfriend and she had a mental breakdown (I am very close to her and knew nothing about this event until this conversation) That my estranged drug addict aunt who disappeared and went missing years ago is actually alive halfway across the country with new kids and a new husband. WTF???… anyways, dinner was yellow rice with pork chop
submitted by nomoredingo
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:58 Late-Loan-8772 New building taking shape near Albertsons, (Royal) anyone know what it's is!!?
There is a newer building finally being developed near the Albertsons off Royal, I'm really curious to find out what it is! I'm hoping for a restaurant or coffee shop!!! Can anyone tell me? Thanks
submitted by Late-Loan-8772
to Eugene [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:58 Alternative_Movies Where do you apply for jobs / how do you get a job?
Forgive me, I know this is a stupid question. I'm a UK citizen that did my degree in the U.S and currently looking for jobs in London and/or remote. I'm just finding the job hunt strangely difficult and I feel like I'm missing something.
Currently, I have been searching on Google and LinkedIn. I've used platforms like Indeed in the past but was tired of their spam so I quit. I'm finding so many jobs through recruitment agencies but those ones always lead to nothing or recruitment companies that post jobs from other recruitment companies. I have found a couple of graduate schemes but again-I'm really struggling. It seems the market here is vastly different from the one in the US.
submitted by Alternative_Movies
to cscareerquestionsuk [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:58 itsyaboivatzie Every child deserves a father. Not every father deserves a child.
TW: Domestic Violence
I talked to my dad for the first time in like, 8 months. I rarely call him about things other than to keep the peace between him and my mother. He and my mom were and always have been in an insanely domestically violent relationship and I was exposed to that as a kid. I also recieved physical abuse from him and a sexual abuse incident when he was on prescription pain killers for his back surgery.
Its weird though. When I moved out, he sort of just..turned a weird new leaf. Hes still a narcissist, but he's been living fairly peacefully with my mom now. I didn't talk to him for 2 years after I moved and my mom told me he sobbed about it nearly every day.
I called him just tonight and idk why. I saw a drum set I really wanted and wanted his opinion on it. He taught me drums as a kid.
It hurts a little. I want desperately to have a father but I will never fully be able to shake the abuse. Yet if he died, I would still be sad. Not because he died but because I never had an actual father.
Hes different now. When hes not around my mom, they're fine. Completely different people. They're in the process of splitting up and honestly their lives are better off being split than together.
It just feels weird. My father put me through hell and back. I have quite literally seen the devil in this man's eyes.
Yet why do I feel any kind of mercy for him? He's old now. His hips are bad. He's getting a bit of dementia too. Never saved enough to retire so the responsibility falls on me and his friends. Hes frail now, quieter, stands lower. When I first saw him after 2 years I was surprised how hard age hit him during that time. I'm surprised now to see it 2 years later.
I want to move on. To have a father. To enjoy the years he has left separately to save some sort of semblance of the relationship we could have had if he just worked on himself.
But I'm just left feeling confused, conflicted and teary eyed. I don't know what to do.
submitted by itsyaboivatzie
to CPTSD [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:58 Turbulent-School7497 I keep living in past and worrying about the future
I 20f miss the past extremely every day and it often stops me from doing the things I want to do. I look back on the friends I had, the group chats I had, games I played with friends. I miss it all and I find myself wishing I could go back to the past, I miss things from even just a year or two ago as well. I have one friend who I met when we were 12/14 and he just graduated high school, seeing everyone growing up gets me nostalgic and reminiscing, same with other things.
This also leaks into me worrying about the future. I'm scared of getting older and stop hanging out/playing games with my friends. I've been playing games with them on discord since I was 14 and I'm afraid of us getting older and losing the time for it, its already happening since we're in college/about to be in college. Whenever we do hang out or play games, all I can think is "I wonder when the last time we'll hang out/play games will be". This even translates into me being afraid of making more memories because I know in the future I'll be looking back and missing those times too, but I'd also regret not doing anything if I don't. I have big anxiety with all of this.
I also worry about the future in general, if I'll be able to find a job after college, if I'll be miserable, stuff like that. I'm anxious about getting older, and being an actual adult, being perceived as an adult feels weird to me and I don't want to be perceived as one at times. I keep wishing I could redo my life and living in the past, while also worrying about the future at the same time, I wanna know how to stop all these worries, thank you!
submitted by Turbulent-School7497
to Mindfulness [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:57 TheRealWillNash A pundurful story
Trying my best at being punny.
Sadly, with most puns, when they are told (usually by dads) they are often dismissed in ways that seems cold and mean. Before you judge my punderful abilities and read any burrrther, you have to understand pundamentals of pun... itself.
Oh this is going to be so pun, isn't?!
By the way, did you know the actor who plays Legolas tried to meet some fans privately but couldnt because everyone kept screaming its-elf!!
Fun fact! I wanted to share with you something that I thoroughly enjoy. I love a very deep, almost circular hole that stores fresh water. If you dont like that... oh well.
At my old job, I was a bodyguard to a well-known electrician. You wouldn't think an electrician would need a body guard but the power dynamics at his job were shocking, to say the least. Ive heard stories that'll make your hair stand up. To be honest I wasnt very bright, kind of a dull on the job, and because of that, my boss would always blow a fuse. Watt could I do? Watt you dont do is try to run power lines through the wirehouse and bolt out of there. They'll close the circuit on you. That wasn't a very positive experience and I was charged up with negative energy so I took my lunch breaker.
On my lunch break I saw a worker bee contemplating his life choices on a beautiful plant with flowers. Beeing that and beeing his sadness, I muttered to myself 'Oh honey, youre bumbling through life the same way I am. My advice is dont go wasping your life away. I know life stings sometimes and its always pollen you down. You have my sympabees. Please moving forward little friend, bee-have!' Beefore I buzzed the door to let me back inside to work, I looked over to the beeautiful bee on the flower and waspered... dont stop bee leafing my friend!
Feeling stressed at work, I prayed.
Dear Lord, I ask you to please crest me with strength to deal with this singing pig that is my boss, for it is sow-fully terrible to listen to. I beg you to let me rise up and not lose prominence. If I dont receive your cressing, I know Alp fall from this elevation and land boar-down on my face. Can you blame me? This singing pig is trying to swine-dle me! For peaks sake, Im stuck listening to his hymns-illayus! Alas! My lord, being the bigger man is hard, hard ad a rock. This elevation I now sit upon is breathtakingly high up, not for the weak and pun-y!
Haha as you can see, my puns are great! Spanning a vastly huge mountain range of topics and being very (Cl)everest..you could say I'm not only very punny, but absolutely peaking hill areas !!!
submitted by TheRealWillNash
to puns [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:56 Russkiroulette So much is going wrong, I just want some sense of control in my own life…
I’m having such a hard time. Everything in life feels like a house of cards that’s just about to topple. And it’s already raining cards and I just want at least some of those walls to stay up. And it’s not working.
I’m trying so hard. I’m medicated to even give myself a fighting chance at handling life. It feels like one thing after another and never space to breathe.
Why is it that I have to be the strong one. I just want to break and lose my shit and as a byproduct relax for one moment and cry. And I can’t.
I just want to grab on to a life raft of some kind. I just want to freely talk to someone I care about and not feel like I have to be careful and not say the wrong thing or be too much for them. I’m already in therapy, and kind of feel like it doesn’t count.
I want change, passion, hope. People keep asking how it’s going. It’s going good! Optimistic! Hopeful! I’m not. But I can’t admit that. I am cautiously optimistic. At best. And I have to navigate a really stressful job, full time school, a death in the family, a complete separation from my immediate family, my cat is needing surgery I can’t swing, my husband is having very serious issues that have cost us so stupid much my credit is in the garbage, we are very much putting off a very tough conversation that is one that absolutely ends marriages…. It’s so much. And I just want to cling on to something. Something that matters and makes me feel like it’s worth it. That isn’t hard, that just…. Feels okay. I just need a break.
submitted by Russkiroulette
to self [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:56 msummerse random things you like about them?
lol 1 random thing I actually like about Kim is she worked retail, like the fast she had a "real job" just blows my mind....also her going to community college is a crazy fun fact too, but makes her seem more human to me, idk
submitted by msummerse
to KUWTK [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:56 OrdinaryAsk1 Best place to learn C++ for free
I'm a junior in high school, senior after summer break. I have a lot of free time and want to become a software engineer for my job, meaning I'll do C++ for my CS degree in college. What YouTube videos/websites do you guys recommend for me to learn full C++ for free?
Also, which one is better for a software engineering position? python or c++? I want to spend my time wisely and learn a programming language
submitted by OrdinaryAsk1
to cscareerquestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 One-Temperature-891 Travis ✨💛
I’m not sure how much this has been talked about, but the actor that plays Travis is phenomenal. He makes me completely forget that this is just a show of made of people. Damn, he’s good! Also I’m currently rewatching, and I got to the Theo/Michael background, and wow. Theo done a really good job in the scene telling Travis about Michael.
submitted by One-Temperature-891
to Station19 [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 Educational-Let-1027 Who fits the role of a ruler better and who is the consort?
Weird question, but it’ll help me a lot for my book. Even though the book takes place in the modern day, there will be a lot of parallels to medieval times. Carrie is from an upper middle class family. She went to the private school in their town, and she is friends with mostly wealthy people. But her family scapegoats her. She also has been betrayed by a lot of friends. So now she keeps herself and she’s a bit emotionally unstable.
Carl is from a lower middle class family. His minimum wage job helps his mom to pay the rent for a month. He went to public school and he’s been traumatized himself. But he takes care of his family. He likes Carrie but sees her as his possession. He’s kind of average looking, and Carrie is extremely beautiful, so he gets jealous. And even though Carrie knows his behavior is unhealthy. She puts up with it because he’s very accommodating and helpful towards her.
Carl is definitely more of the leader. He is more assertive and comes across more mature. View Poll
submitted by Educational-Let-1027
to fictionalpsychology [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 qveyo Should I move to a different state/country and if so where?
In a few years from now I will graduate college and work. I am wondering about where I should live or what place is right for me. Right now I live in a small town in Indiana. I was thinking about moving to a somewhat bigger city in Indiana, but now I’m not to sure if I want to stay here or not. One of my friends thinks I would like it in Japan and another thinks I would like it in California. So I’m going to list my preferences for what kind of area I would want to live in or just random information that might make a difference.
-I prefer to live in a suburban type area. (Somewhere that isn’t a huge city but not a small town either.)
-I want to live in a house. I would hate living in an apartment building forever.
-I would want to have my own car and drive it around. I don’t think I would like being in a subway all the time.
-I don’t want to live somewhere that has a high crime rate. I want there to be little crime.
-I want to live in a safe place. I don’t want to deal with dangerous places weather that be people or issues with nature.
-I think it would be cool to live in a beachy area but I also don’t want to deal with hurricanes.
-I think it would be cool to live in California but they have a lot of wildfires and things are expensive there. But maybe it wouldn’t matter if I made a lot of money.
-I want a decent sized backyard. I want to own a trampoline.
-I don’t plan on having kids and I probably won’t get married either.
-I want to be able to walk around and get exercise.
-I would want there to be nice places to shop.
-I don’t want to live in a boring place with nothing to do.
-I would love to explore my city and go to new places in it and walk around a lot.
-I would prefer to be in a liberal area. I would want to be around people that are pro lgbt.
-If I ever got raped and got pregnant I would want to get an abortion.
-I want to live around kind and chill people.
-I want it to be quite around my house, or at least pretty quite. As for in town I don’t care as much.
-I can’t handle supper hot environments. I have been to Florida and it’s too hot for me. I wouldn’t prefer to live in a super cold environment either but if I had to choose I would prefer a cold environment over a hot one. But a place with like a 60 degree Fahrenheit temperature would be nice.
-I don’t want to live in a poor area. I want to live in a place that I would make a lot of money from or at least a decent amount. (I plan on becoming an interior designer.)
-I would probably need to live in a somewhat busy city for my job. There aren’t many interior design jobs in small towns.
-I would probably prefer to live in the U.S. If I did move to a different country I would probably go to Canada.
-I hate super busy traffic.
-I get lost easily and I need to use a GPS a lot.
-I don’t know if I really care about being around relatives. A lot of my friends and family live out of state and my parents and grandparents and a couple of other relatives live in Indiana. I wouldn’t mind not seeing them all the time.
-I would want to live in a house that’s modern, minimalistic, and an average size.
-I would prefer to live at least somewhat close to work.
-I don’t want to work more than 40 hours a week. A couple of hours less would be cool. I would want a lot of vacation breaks. I would not want to work on the weekends. I would probably like a normal Monday through Friday 9-5 job.
-I would prefer to stay in one area and not move around all the time.
-I have a tree but allergy so even if I did move to a random country I would have to be careful about the food. I also hate seafood.
-I want to do my own laundry at my house.
-I like cloudy weather the best.
-I hate snow and ice and I get super anxious when driving in the winter.
-I don’t like wind and I don’t care for super sunny weather.
-I don’t mind rain that much.
-I don’t want to be in a super foggy place.
-I want to be able to hang out with friends on the weekends.
So based on this information, what place do you think would fit best for me? Thanks!
submitted by qveyo
to makemychoice [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 Mountain-Recipe-2283 Cnc machinist turned manual machinist
I've gone from being a production cnc machinist with Live Tooling (and not needing much programming) to cnc programming on a manual cnc lathe and running manual lathes and mills in a job shop. Some things I'm trying to pick up quickly that I didn't need to know before are general ideas of feeds and speeds.. seems like everyone knows this but me 🤦♀️. In the rural area I'm in, it's pretty rare to find a machining job like this.. ranchers and other manufacturing companies bring their tractors and other broken machine parts in to have replacements fabricated.. lots of drilling and threading of all shapes and sizes.. no job is the same. Its fun and I've learned so much in the few months ive been here (11 years at other job). I've been youtubing almost every night.. just looking for general rule of thumb stuff that I can wrap my head around a little easier. TIA
submitted by Mountain-Recipe-2283
to Machinists [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:55 BuddingSapling Tarot interpretation help?
Got my finals results a few days ago and now I'm trying to decide which college/program I should go for. Using the Yes/No layout from 21st Century Tarot here for all the readings.
Should I continue my studies at college A? *1 What the Question is about- 2 pentacles *2 Relevant Past- King pentacles *3 Difficulty to Overcome- The Fool *4 Help you are given- Page pentacles *5 The future outcome- Temperance *6 The answer- 8 swords
I asked this question because I've decided on college A already, until someone else suggested college B (hence the pentacles). What I read from this is I shouldn't, because 8 of swords = trapped/suffering, and the other cards suggest "pick the new option".
Should I do it at college B instead? *1- 8 Cups *2- The World *3- 7 wands *4- Knight wands *5- 9 pentacles *6- Ace wands
"Yes, do that". Here I was confused and didn't want to take the answer at face value, because it's a lot further (from where I live) compared to college A. Because I'm a stubborn chicken, I decided to ask the first question again but phrased differently:
Should I take program X at college A? *1- Knight Cups *2- The Fool *3- 4 Wands *4- 8 Swords *5- Tower *6- 5 Cups
That's a strong no 💀 Even threw the tower at me to make the point super clear... So I asked which program to go for in college B. In my mind, I decided that for position 6, a major card means "not college B", and each suit (sword, wand, cup, pentacles) would correspond to the only 4 programs available, so covering all the choices.
Which program (or not) should I take at college B? *1- 9 Pentacles *2- 10 Cups *3- The Sun *4- 2 of Wands *5- Knight of Swords *6- 8 of Swords
The answer is clear and I know what I'm "supposed to do"... the problem is I'm not sure if this is really what I think it means/ the cards are accurate? Mostly I'm worried I'm losing my coconuts 😭 I feel crazy for making decisions based on cards.
Can someone offer alternate explanations for what the cards might mean? Or if you've made decisions based on cards this way, how has it turned out even though at first sight the suggested action was unfathomable?
submitted by BuddingSapling
to Quareia [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:54 DnDBambi Random Nighttime Wilderness Encounter Table
| || | submitted by DnDBambi to UnearthedArcana [link] [comments]
So I'm running SKT and they have a nicely detailed random encounter table for day time travel, but I also really wanted something for the nighttime while the party are trying to safely rest. So I made this!
I added a few unique ideas/suggestions I'd seen around the internet while also creating a few of my own. I had my own party in mind for this (4 x Lv. 6) but I'm hoping it's universal enough to adapt for any party!
Feel free to use and let me know what you think :)
Random Nighttime Wilderness Encounter Table
- At the beginning of each night/long rest, roll a d20. On a result of 12-20 a nighttime encounter occurs. Roll a d100 and consult the table based on the party's current location
- Roll a d4 (reroll 4s) to determine if the encounter occurs on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd watch of the night
- Once they have their first nighttime encounter, the d20 range shrinks by two for every future nighttime encounter thereafter until they reach the next settlement, upon which, the range resets. This is to prevent there being an encounter every single night they're on the road and not bogging down gameplay. Feel free to adjust these DCs if you want less or more random encounters.
- After first nighttime encounter, new range = 14-20
- After second nighttime encounter, new range = 16-20
- After third nighttime encounter, new range = 18-20
- After four nighttime encounter (and every encounter after) a Nat20 must be rolled to receive a new encounter
Encounter Table Notes: Abominable Yeti:
- A single abominable yeti ambushes the party hungering for flesh and blood. If the party manage to defeat this yeti, there is a 30% chance that 1d3 regular yetis show up after battle, drawn in by the sounds of combat and the scent of blood
- You can choose between bandits or barbarians for this encounter based on the location and frequency of previous encounters
- 1 bandit captain and 3d6+2 bandits
- Mounted on riding horses
- 25% chance they attack without warning
- Promises the party not to attack if they 'pay a toll' (no less than 100gp of treasure)
- Is this a potential way to introduce the 'Happy Fun Ball'?
- Treasure: Each bandit carries a pouch containing 1d10gp. The bandit captain’s pouch holds 2d10gp and 1d6 gems worth 100gp each
- Uthgardt Barbarians:
- Hostile group of Uthgardt barbarians made up of 4d6 tribal warriors, and 1 Uthgardt shaman (Appendix C). If the total number rolled is great than 20, add 1d3 berserkers and a tribal chieftain (berserker w 90hp)
- If dealing with the Gray Wolf tribe, use the werewolf stat block for all berserkers and chieftains (+90hp) and add 1d4 wolves as animal companions
- Uthgardt Barbarian General Info
- Black-haired and blue-eyed people
- Take their name from Uthgar Gardolfsson, a hero chief who battled giants and conquered much of the North before ascending to godhood
- Currently 11 tribes scattered across the north
- They speak Bothii (their own language) and most speak common
- Their spirit mounds are sacred as it's a place where tribe members gather to revere Uthgar, honour their ancestors, make sacrifices to their totem animal spirit, and choose a new Great Chief
- Uthgardt fear magic so much so that they attempt to kill and dismember any spellcasters they meet
- Tribal shamans aren't attacked because their power comes from spirits of their dead ancestors
- Tribes will unite against a common enemy, like a giant (whom they hate most of all)
- Each tribe consists of 1 Great Chief, 2-5 chieftains, and 1-3 shamans depending on the size of the tribe
- Use the "Reghed Chieftain" stat block for a Great Chief
- Uthgardt Tribes and Locations
- Black Lion Tribe
- Northern Silver Marches and the Druarwood
- Spirit mound - Beorunna's Well
- Great Chief - Stellok Kolraavi (male - wears armour made of orc hide)
- Shaman - Tysis Kolraavi (Stellok's younger sister)
- Hate diplomacy and civilisation
- Avoids settlements in the Silver Marches
- Black Raven Tribe
- Icy foothills west of Mirabar including the ice lakes and Spine of the World north of Mirabar
- Spirit mound - Raven Rock
- Great Chief - Ojin Voninsdottir (female - orc-skull helm)
- Prey on caravans travelling via Northern Means or Blackford Road
- Often ride Giant Vultures into battle
- Blue Bear Tribe
- Believed to be extinct but have been spotted throughout the Delimbiyr Vale (from the Nether Mountains to the northern tip of High Moor)
- Spirit mound - Stone Stand
- Great Chief - Kriga Moonmusk (female - old and travels in a fur-draped chair carried by 4 tribal warriors)
- Stays hidden while travelling to preserve the myth of their extinction
- Elk Tribe
- Wanders the Evermoors and the plains between Flint Rock and the Dessarin River
- Spirit mound - Flint Rock
- Great Chief - Rond Vaarson (male - old)
- Rond has spilled so much blood in his past, he no longer craves it
- Gray Wolf Tribe
- Located throughout the North, as far west as the Sword Coast and as far east as the Delimbiyr Vale
- Spirit mound - None
- Great Chief - Recently slain Syken Nightblaze
- Syken was slain by adventurers from Neverwinter
- His daughter, Envir Sykensdottir, now controls the pack and plans to attack Neverwinter to prove she should be named the next Great Chief of the tribe
- Potentially run a surprise encounter if the party ever goes to Neverwinter
- The tribe roams in packs with ordinary wolves
- Will hunt down and kill those who survive their attacks to prevent the spread of lycanthropy to non-tribal members
- The only members of the tribe who possess lycanthropy are the chieftains and berserkers. The rest of the tribe are regular tribal warriors
- In an encounter have all barbarians start out in human form, then have them use their 'Shapechanger' action on their first turn to turn into a Hybrid or Wolf form and freak the party out
- Lycanthropy Cure: Can be cured with a 'Remove Curse' or 'Greater Restoration' spell
- Great Worm Tribe
- Based themselves at Great Worm Cavern and strike out occasionally to defend their territory (surrounding mountains, Feel Pass, Frost Hills, Lurkwood, and the northern reaches of the Silver Marches)
- Spirit mound - Great Worm Cavern
- Great Chief - Wormblod (male - brutal and hoards treasure)
- Venture into the Crags and its southern plains when food is scarce
- Griffon Tribe
- Located throughout the North, as far west as the Sword Coast and as far east as the Silver Marches. Never going further south than Triboar and Yartar in the Dessarin Valley
- Spirit mound - Shining White
- Great Chief - Halric Bonesnapper
- Tribe is dwindling as they have made too many enemies of late (still 300 strong though)
- Different from all other tribes as they have established a permanent settlement (Griffon's Nest)
- Red Tiger Tribe
- Found throughout the Silver Marches but have recently begun moving into its surrounding forests, including elf-controlled regions of the High Forest
- They are trying to find the Grandfather Tree and lay claim to it
- Spirit mound - Beorunna's Well
- Great Chief - Seriska Hungermaw (female - ruthless yet cautious)
- Often attack settlements in the Silver Marches and prey on caravans travelling on the roads
- Skilled at avoiding heavily fortified keeps
- Even known to attack boats on the Rauvin River from time to time
- Sky Pony Tribe
- Found near the base of the mountains in the Silver Marches
- Spirit mound - One Stone
- Great Chief - Arnzan Vashk (male - orc spearhead sticking out of his chest and he attempts to hide the pain)
- The tip of the spear is very close to piercing his heart and killing him
- Was wounded during the War of the Silver Marches
- His rivals are circling and preparing to unseat him
- Thunderbeast Tribe
- Currently hiding in the depths of Lurkwood preparing for a 'stampede' through the Surbrin Hills and the Dessarin Valley to the south
- Spirit mound - Morgur's Mound (hasn't been visited in years)
- Great Chief - Harthulk Hornspear (male - towering man with a terrible scowl and cracked, tough skin like dinosaur leather)
- Their stampede won't stop until their people or their enemies are dead
- Tree Ghost Tribe
- Share the High Forest with the native elves
- Spirit mound - Grandfather Tree
- Great Chief - Boorvald Orcbane (male - honourable and a protector)
- Declared themselves the protectors of the Grandfather Tree after years of conflict with other tribes and the elves of the High Forest
- Rarely seen outside of the forest
- Boorvald hunts orcs and frequently launches attacks against the Iceshield orc-holds along the western edge of High Forest
- Boorvald has 6 sons and 3 daughters, each of whom was given an "Oathbow" from the tribe's elf neighbours as a gift of friendship
- The tribe contains tribal warriors from other tribes who came to the Grandfather Tree, gained enlightenment, and forsook their allegiances to pledge to help the Tree Ghosts protect the Grandfather Tree
- Depending on the location, this can be represented as bioluminescent lights or more of a aurora borealis in the night sky
- The party, or person on watch, notices a faint glow coming from nearby in the camp. A small pond (or tree/shrub/etc) is emitting a faint, beautiful glow that seems to be a wonder of nature
- Describe how the lights beautifully dance and shimmer in the night
- The effect is harmless and the party can spend as much or as little time engaging with it as they want
- 2d4+1 vine blights and 2d4+1 needle blights attack the party in the night
- The vine blights move in close and camouflage using their False Appearance ability. Once they're within 20ft, they run forward and use their Entangling Plants ability to subdue the party
- The needle blights then move within 30ft and release a volley of needles at the party from a distance
- Alternatively, the party may happen to set up camp in a congregation of unmoving vine blights who are relying on their False Appearance to strike when the party is caught off-guard. The needle blights join in later in the combat
- A single bodak is drawn to the party's campsite by the light/noise, following its mission from Orcus to spread death across the Material Plane
- Any non-war trained animals will flee right before this encounter takes place
- If it fits in your narrative, the bodak can be a fallen NPC that one of the players used to know. It is seeking out all allies and enemies from its past life to wipe them from existence
- Increase the HP if a single bodak doesn't pose much of a challenge
- 3d4 dire wolves encircle and ambush the party at night
- The wolves won't attack outright. They will surround and then slowly close in on the party, giving anyone a chance to do something that might scare them off before combat begins (PC Intimidation check vs Wolves Insight check)
- Potentially nominate a pack leader that will have an impact on how this plays out
- If the party don't do anything or fails to intimidate the wolves, they will attack
- If things aren't going well for the party, you can have the wolves' survival instinct kick in if their numbers are reduced to less than the number of still-threatening PCs
- 1d4+2 displacer beasts ambush the party either for food or just general sport
- One displacer beast might lash out at the party in an attempt to draw them away from the group to a location where the rest of the pack are waiting for a bloodier ambush
- 1d4 ghosts appear and attack the party
- If a 1 is rolled, a solitary, sad-looking ghost appears in the middle of their camp and sings a haunting song, then walks to where its grave is marked by a filthy stone. If the party ignore the ghost or leave the grave alone, nothing happens and the ghost remains suspended in the air looking at the grave until the party leaves. It they clean the grave site out of respect for the dead, the ghost disappears and turns into a shower of 777 silver pieces. If they desecrate or disrespect the grave for some reason, it attacks
- If it attacks, bump its HP up to 60 so it poses somewhat of a challenge
- 1d4+4 ghouls attack the party led by 1 ghast
- The ghast will give orders to the ghouls to attack who it feels is the strongest party member
- If ghouls are attacked while feasting on a paralysed creature, they will drag their prey their full movement (half speed) away while also continuing to use their bite on their paralysed victim
Magical Glowing Mushrooms:
- 1d4+1 giant constrictor snakes slither into the campsite and attempt to snap up a tasty meal
- You can have the snakes appear and pause, waiting to see the party's reaction, to give your PCs a chance to do something that might prevent this from being a combat encounter
- Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Magic Mushrooms (pg. 166)
- The party stumbles across a collection of magic mushrooms near their campsite, radiating this magical glow
- Those proficient in Medicine, Nature, or Survival can surmise that these are not naturally forming mushrooms and with a DC12 roll, can recall stories of magical mushrooms and how some can save lives or bestow unusual powers when consumed
- If a mushroom is eaten, roll a d10 to determine its effects:
- 1: The creature’s skin turns an unusual colour. Roll a d4:
- 1 - Purple with yellow splotches
- 2 - Bright orange with tiger stripes
- 3 - Tree-frog green with red squiggles
- 4 - Hot pink with yellow spots
- This change is permanent unless removed by a Greater Restoration spell or similar magic.
- 2: The creature gains the enlarge or reduce effect (50 percent chance of either) of the Enlarge/Reduce spell for 1 hour.
- 3: The creature regains 5d8 + 20 hit points.
- 4: Vocally, the creature can only cluck and croon like a chicken. The creature can also understand and speak to chickens. This curse lasts for 1 hour unless ended by a Remove Curse spell or similar magic.
- 5: The creature can understand and speak all languages for 1d4 days.
- 6: The creature gains the benefits of the Telepathy spell for the next 24 hours.
- 7: The creature gains the benefits of the Speak with Plants spell for 8 hours.
- 8: The creature immediately casts the Time Stop spell, requiring no components. Constitution is the spellcasting ability for this spell.
- 9: The creature immediately casts the Detect Thoughts spell, requiring no components. Constitution is the spellcasting ability for this spell.
- 10: Magical mists pour out of the creature’s eyes and ears, acting as a Fog Cloud spell for 1 hour that is centred on the creature and moves with it.
- An old halfling woman with a small glaive will approach the party's campsite looking for a place to rest and some company to talk to
- The glaive is a custom weapon made for a halfling that she's had since she was a young woman. She's pretty handy with it but getting quite slow in her older age. It's her only form of protection as she travels
- The old woman is really an oni who has used it's Change Shape ability to be able to get closer to its prey
- When the oni feels the party is no longer believing its lies or has completely let their guard down, it will attack
- This attack may begin with a Cone of Cold to surprise the party, and then on its next turn it will transform into its true giant form. Or it could also start with the oni transforming prior to combat, then on its first turn casting Invisibility on itself to create a sense of fear amongst the party
- A loud, deep hooting sound can be heard throughout the night, not close but not too far from the campsite. The hooting sounds like it comes from something much louder than a regular owl
- Players who made a successful DC12 Perception check, notice off in the distance a pack of 5 owlbears slowly moving through the terrain in single-file
- There is a large owlbear at the head of the line, and another large owlbear bringing up the rear. In the middle of them are three smaller offspring
- They don't appear to be hunting at this moment, just moving from A to B
- Unless the party does something to draw the pack's attention, they will move on into the night
- 1d4+1 hunting owlbears will spring into the party's campsite, hunting them for food
- If a total of 5 is achieved and you feel this encounter is way too deadly for your group, have the hunting pack be a family made up of two adult owlbears and three younger offspring (40hp) who are hunting for their first time (no multiattack)
- If an offspring is killed, the parents will fight to the death with unbridled fury seeking vengeance
- If both parents are killed off, the offspring will flee
- If only 2 owlbears are rolled and you feel this encounter too simple, max out their hit points (91hp)
- A glimmering, white pegasus descends from the sky and lands not far from the party's campsite, looking for a place to drink, eat, or temporarily rest
- If this occurs along a road/trail, the pegasus won't land, but will instead gracefully soar past the party, basking in the night air
- Pegasi are usually quite jumpy, so will immediately take off into the sky if any loud noises are made or it is attacked
- However, if a good-aligned character can quietly approach and succeed on a DC15 Animal Handling check, the intelligent creature will stay grounded and watch the character as it approaches
- Narrate a peaceful interaction between the two before the pegasus takes its leave and flies off into the night
- If a character tries to mount the pegasus they will need to succeed on a DC25 Animal Handling check
- A failure will result in the pegasus bucking them and flying off
- A success, and the pegasus will just stand there, MAYBE briefly trot around, before indicating for the character to get off and then saying goodbye and flying off
- 1 revenant stumbles into the party's campsite, appearing initially like a zombie, but will begin speaking to the party. Very much unlike a zombie.
- The revenant says he has come to seek justice for the wrongs the party did to him, killing him in such a brutal manner and taking the life of his greatest love, Kella. The party will then see past the unfamiliar face and recognise him as the slain leader of the Seven Snakes, Xolkin
- As Xolkin has sworn vengeance on the party, he can now only be completely destroyed by either using a Wish spell when his soul is bodiless, the party just straight-up dying, or the party survives for over a year from when the vengeance was enacted. After one of these has occurred, the Xolkin's body will crumble to dust and his soul will fade into the afterlife
- If Xolkin can't beat them in this first encounter, next time he appears, it will be with weapons and backup (spectres, wights, ghasts, etc). He won't quit until he is successful, making sure each future encounter is harder and more challenging
- The clouds final erupt and the remainder of the night is filled with thundering rain and high winds
- Rain can be replaced with a blizzard if the party is in the upper mountains or far-north sections of the continent
- Unless one of the party members has a way to avoid/negate the rain and wind (such as Leomund's Tiny Hut for example), the party has a very restless nights sleep
- They gain the effects of a Long Rest but everyone also gains one level of Exhaustion and cannot recover any previous levels of exhaustion
- A single wight leads an undead army to attack the party. The army is made up of 2d6 zombies and 1 ogre zombie
- If the number of zombies rolled is less than 6, replace the single ogre zombie with 1d4 ogre zombies
- The wight will send the horde of zombies in first while it attacks from range to begin with, then moving in closer for melee
- A figure will emerge out of the darkness, staggering a little. They make no effort to stealth either. They are friendly and will comply with whatever reasonable requests the cautious PCs make
- They will reveal themselves to be a vampire, in dire need of blood. They will ask for a donation, but if refused, will walk away disappointed
- If the player does contribute blood, the vampire will thank them, and next time this encounter is rolled, the vampire may have a gift for them (magic item, gold/platinum, jewels, etc)
- The player may choose to drain some blood into a vial or pot for the vampire to then drink, or they may choose to let the vampire bite them. Regardless of the way, they will take 1d6 piercing/slashing damage (based on how they draw the blood), then 3d6 necrotic damage, and their max HP is reduced by that amount until the end of a long rest
- If concerns are raised, the vampire will assure them that a simple bite isn't enough to turn someone. They must be killed with a bite and then buried in the ground to rise as a vampire
- If the party is very brazen and choose to attack the vampire, it is the DM's choice whether the vampire straight away flees, or decides to bite a character to take some blood by force to teach them a lesson for their rudeness, then flee
- A cluster of 1d6+1 will-o'-wisps appear and start floating around the campsite
- Initially the wisps will appear as beautifully coloured, bobbing lantern lights offering hope and safety
- Eventually the wisps will surround the party and launch a surprise attack
- Alternatively, you can have the wisps attempt to lure the party away from the campsite by somehow beckoning them to follow. From here the wisps will lead the party into some sort of hazardous trap like quicksand pits or monster lairs so they can feed on the suffering of their prey and revel in their death screams
- If you are considering this option, potentially reduce the wisp numbers to only 1d4
If you're interested in the possibility percentages that went into calculating these d100 results, you can see them in this picture here: Wilderness Encounter Possibility Calculations
If you would like all of the above in a neat PDF format, you can download it here
Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts!
2023.06.10 05:54 SeaAntelope341 Therapist using phone/laptop during session
Well, I started with a new therapist. I just had my third session. It was going well,but For the last 2 sessions they have been using the phone and laptop while I am talking.
I didn’t think of it much at the time as I thought to myself that noway they don’t know those basic ethics.
I was thinking maybe it’s a tool or a technique of some sort. I will confront them about it next time.
But my question is since I am still in the very beginning with them, would you consider another chance for such behaviour or it’s totally unacceptable. I am bothered that I even have to mention to someone whose job not to do this, how distracting and disrespectful this is.
Shouldn’t they know on their own? Were they trying to evoke a reaction from me?
I am thinking and thinking of all the possibilities but maybe what I am questioning if it’s ever an okay tool to use or they are just telling me they aren’t interested. They mentioned that they would like to continue work with me but the actions are opposing to this.
What would you consider doing in such situation?
submitted by SeaAntelope341
to TalkTherapy [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:53 Hopelesslyinlove2424 Should I pursue a polyamorous relationship with my female BFF
I’m happily Married over 20 years, I think I’m falling in love with my BFF.
First I’ve been with my Husband over 20 years both mid 40s pretty much happily married occasionally a few minor speed bumps early in our marriage but nothing Major, high school sweethearts monogamous. Now enters my FBFF also mid 40s that I have known almost equal number of years, also kind hearted I believe straight. Over the years both of these people have been involved in major parts of my life. Marriage, graduation, births (kids the same age) , loses of family, lose of pregnancy and ultimately loss of children. It may have been my near death experience that they both dealt with (separately) a couple of years ago, or just the highs and lows we all have dealt with over the Years. Me and my husband have been discussing of opening our lives to someone else. This is when i opened up to him about my hidden feelings for her. I think he’s always known that I have feelings for her “I love her” and it’s not necessarily in a bi-way. I have had these feelings since I almost died three years ago I woke up after being etxthubated with her in tears next to my mom. Now all I think about is how much I love her. I want a polyamorous relationship with her and my husband as I love them equally. I often fantasize of all of us together, me I would want to cuddle In bed all day long. I’m scared of telling her possibly being embarrassed, or her repulsed by my feelings and ultimately loosing my friendship( honestly I don’t think that will happen). She has been divorced for awhile and I am unsure of her dating dynamics. I’m scared if I don’t tell her that I nor her will ever know my true feelings. Ultimately even if she thinks I’m crazy and remains my friend I hope she realizes how much I care for her and her over all happiness.
submitted by Hopelesslyinlove2424
to u/Hopelesslyinlove2424 [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:53 OrdinaryAsk1 Best place to learn C++ for free
I'm a junior in high school, senior after summer break. I have a lot of free time and want to become a software engineer for my job, meaning I'll do C++ for my CS degree in college. What YouTube videos/websites do you guys recommend for me to learn full C++ for free?
submitted by OrdinaryAsk1
to learnprogramming [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 05:53 carlsjuniorIII Vegas thing still intrigues me
I understand why there are many skeptics of this case, but after viewing the kid’s video multiple times and listening to the 911 call as well a couple of things still irk me.
- The kid never mentions seeing any sort of craft in his backyard. He says that they saw a light, heard a loud bang, and saw 10ft beings in the backyard.
- He said that the officer was the one who pointed out the circle. Maybe it was already there and they never noticed? The kid never mentioned seeing a craft land in that spot.
- If he is bull shitting he deserves an oscar. because that 911 call did not seem like an act.
I don’t think people should be so quick to dismiss this case. Maybe the ufo crashed somewhere near and the aliens were just running around in his backyard? Or maybe this kid is just full of shit who knows🤷♂️.
submitted by carlsjuniorIII
to UFOs [link] [comments]