Go karts defiance ohio
I feel a bit... iffy about Nintendo bringing Miitopia's makeup to the Nintendo Switch's built in Mii Maker
2023.05.30 00:04 Flopper_Flipper I feel a bit... iffy about Nintendo bringing Miitopia's makeup to the Nintendo Switch's built in Mii Maker
First of all, let me just preface this with stating that i'm not necessarily entirely opposed to the idea of Nintendo bringing over the makeup from Miitopia, i'd rather they didn't, but at the end of the day it's a feature most people want so I can understand why Nintendo would bring it over despite the points i'm going to make after, and to be fair the makeup feature is really fun to use. Whilst this post will probably get buried by downvotes, please don't hesitate to bring your own points in the comments, i'm trying to look at this issue i've had for a while with an open mind.
I'm not really sure where to begin, but I guess my issue with bringing over Miitopia's makeup to the Switch is sacrificing simplicity and clashing artstyles. Miis have a very defining artstyle to them, and I feel like this along with their restrictiveness is no mistake. It's super easy to make a good enough Mii and the gap between what looks like a little timmy made it and a glorious piece of art is extremely tiny, your 6 year old cousin could make a Mii and unless he went out of his way to make it look as hilarious as possible chances are it won't be an eyesore seeing the rest of your family's Miis playing Tennis with your 6 year old cousin's Mii. I remember I made a few Miis when I was little and while they weren't particularly amazing, they wouldn't look too out of place next to other people's Miis. The makeup, I feel, goes against this. The "skill gap" if you will would probably be a lot more wide, for better in the sense that people's creativity can flourish more, and worse in the sense that... well... it's gonna be a lot harder to make something that fits in. In the context of say an offline game like the original Wii Sports it's simple enough to just not look at other people's Miis, but online it's gonna be a lot harder. Imagine hopping on a Mario Kart lobby and being greeted with a lobby full of clashing artstyles, some realistic, some cartoony, some anime, and some clearly made by a 10 year old, that sounds obnoxious to me for some reason. There's a reason people don't like little timmy levels in Mario Maker no matter how easy they are to skip or just beat with minimal effort with their random Boom Booms and naked pipes (pipes not attached to any ground), and I feel like the logic behind not being into little timmy levels in Mario Maker is going to carry over to this theoretical timeline where Nintendo adds makeup to the Switch's built in Mii Maker.
Again, if Nintendo were to do this, it won't be the end of the world for me, it'd be fun to see the awesome things people made with makeup in more games than Miitopia and having the makeup tool be more accessible to those who either don't want to buy or can't get their hands on Miitopia, and i'm sure you guys will make great points in the comments that'll make this theoretical timeline not seem as bad, it's just sometimes I feel as though some of the Mii charm will be gone. In the family example I gave, I could imagine the rest of the family would have fairly basic or laughably bad looking Miis whilst one of the sons has like a god tier Mii that looks leagues better than the rest.
submitted by Flopper_Flipper
to NintendoSwitch [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 23:54 Formal_Pea9167 I Watch Paige's Week At Home Blog So You Don't Have To, I'm Serious The Vlog Is Like An Hour Long Don't Do This To Yourself
A day late but we're here, my little cheeto eaters! Remember as always to grab your bingo cards
and let's get our little long weekend slumber party going. This whole fucking thing is FORTY MINUTES LONG, you're all lucky that my sibling who was supposed to spend the day chilling at my place has apparently forgotten that plan.
- There's a new opening style than all her other vlogs. Not sure if that's because of Morgan but also I don't care enough to go hunt down exactly which influencer she cribbed this style from. It features a lot of horse butts. Also her using her phone in bed, which I thought she didn't do because she's mindful.
- The music she uses is this song, which is DEFINITELY not copyright-free, so have fun learning how actual copyright law works, Paige! The lyrics playing over the are "there are times when/it feels right to/run away, run away/when you ask the same old questions/every day, every day/Why do I set the stage?/Why do I find my place on the pedestal?", because I guess Paige went to the Love is Blind school of "make sure the lyrics of whatever song you use are really, REALLY literal"
- Giveaway winners! Congrats to the three people who won a pile of Paige's old garbage! Don't worry though, if you didn't win her trash, she'll be doing a lot more of these because she "appreciates [us] guys so much" and "wants us to experience some of the things that I'm so grateful to get".
- Nothing says grateful like giving away your extras to strangers and instead of doing anything to promote them like you were supposed to in return for getting them for free, using the existence of this stuff as a way to leverage yourself up on the algorithm.
- There's also Dairy Boy in the giveaways, of course, because no one's buying it organically.
- She explains moving Louie, it's the same stuff she said on Instagram. Weirdly horses are like the only animal I've never gotten super obsessed with, so I have no idea how BS this is, but it's almost word-for-word her IG explanation, so it's the same level of BS that was. She does word this though as it being a "charity project" and "passion project" she "donated to", because there was a dearth I guess of places to keep your horse in the rich people part of Connecticut.
- She has to first run to get a grazing muzzle so Louie doesn't overeat in the pasture. This sets off my internal bad animal treatment alarms in a huge way, but again, don't know enough about horses to know if this is warranted.
- Just kidding! Don't let Paige into a Tractor Supply unsupervised, she's too much of a ~country girl~ to not come out with "so much shit". She also got this beef jerky that looked "so good". It's Iowa Smokehouse beef jerky.
- It apparently looked good because all she had for breakfast was coffee. Why she only had coffee I'm not sure, since it's not like she didn't have the time to get something better. Coffee and beef jerky for breakfast sure is a choice, and one I'm sure her intestines didn't make her pay for later. This summer is all about ~hot girl indigestion~.
- Story time! This looks like "legit, real beef jerky", which Paige knows because when Paige was in boarding school she stayed with a family who had a lot of cows and they made their own beef jerky, which Paige was of course intimately involved in, I'm sure. Anyway this makes her have such high standards, which is why she loves when somewhere like Tractor Supply (an enormous fucking chain, Paige) or a "local country mart" sells jerky because it's always better.
- Fun fact that took me less than thirty seconds to Google, this "real" beef jerky is also available on Amazon
- More of the same definitely not copyrighted song as she packs up Louie's stuff and moves him. There's a lot of woman laughing alone with salad shots as she packs up and pretends to talk to... someone and "carry stuff" (ie: stand around touching her own body awkwardly)
- Some weird things about this whole sequence - 1) the "farm" she moves Louie to appears to have very poor, dilapidated fencing, red flag for me. 2) Paige is wearing a white shirt and then a white cardigan the entire time while DEALING WITH A HORSE and it never gets stained or dirty, which tells me she did fuck all, 3) the only guy with her is this big bald much older man who I assume is the guy starting this venture, meaning he's almost certainly who films her cantering around on Louie without her wearing a helmet laughing, which is so unbearably awkward. Like imagine asking a random older dude to film you doing that in a pure white sweater, 4) when Paige brushes Louie he sheds SO MUCH. Is that bad? It feels bad. When a dog sheds that much, even in the spring, it usually means no one's been brushing it regularly, 5) Louie has such a dip in his back and it makes me wince every time, especially when Paige shows him next to another horse. I don't know what that's from, but I hate it and it doesn't look comfortable for him.
- Nance and Baloo are at home when Paige gets back so she's just going to "throw on a little outfit" and they're going to go out for Mother's Day in Brooklyn. Paige really, really didn't want to go into the city because I guess she's suuuuch a country girl (nice, Paige) but she's doing it for her mom and to see her sister
- Oh my god she DOESN'T CHANGE HER SHIRT FROM THE BARN, she wears a white henley, what look like blue pajama pants, and a leather coat.
- Nance steals some of Paige's clothes (how I don't know since they're totally different sizes) and according to Paige is"slaying the boots", a phrase I will pay actual cash money to never hear Paige say again
- Next morning, return of the out of focus camera, though it may have been by accident this time because it stays out of focus. Anyway serious business Paige with her serious business glasses is starting the day with some "desk work". Is that a thing? A phrase? What the fuck is "desk work"? Has anyone who actually does work at a desk ever called it that?
- When she's in Europe it's definitely harder for her to sit and do computer work even though she has a laptop but starting the day on her desktop at the same time as her "whole team" (WHO) it really makes a difference for them being all on the same page.
- Okay so my actual job in real life is doing shipping and order management for a small creative goods company. I know very intimately what goes into product development, order fulfillment, etc, and Paige is just straight up saying nonsense. Like I paused and gave serious thought to what possibly she could be talking about, and I don't know what all this "work" is. If she was making everything in-house that's one thing, but that's not work she could possibly be doing or overseeing from Europe. But if she's outsourcing stuff, having it sent to a warehouse, and, then paying someone to ship it out for her, I guess she's doing... development? But that makes no sense because again, she outsources everything. She isn't doing wholesale, there isn't a lot to arrange for pop-ups if everything is outsourced and pre-made and she's only supposedly having one this summer, she only has eight products so the website maintenance is pretty easy, as is accounting, and she only really sells stuff around a drop which she does maybe twice a year.......... like genuinely I'm baffled here. It's my job to do this exact same thing every day with products that aren't jeans or sweatshirts or whatever and I'm so, confused about what her "work" is.
- Allegedly they're on the "final push" for so many big projects and you know what, if any of these projects involve Paige actually doing anything besides feeling three different samples of denim swatches or deciding which vendor she's going to outsource oven mitts to and saying "I like this" or "I don't like that", I will issue her an apology. I feel safe in the idea that I won't have to issue her an apology, but I will keep on on offer in the off-chance I'm wrong.
- She just finished making a line sheet (genuine lol once I looked up what that was) and apparently we are going to freeeeak out when we see her new merch - sorry, elevated lifstyle products.
- It's denim. She's been working on denim. She shows us the final washes but it's in direct sunlight so it's all blown out and out of focus so they look mostly white? But she got the "perfect color". IDK, it's a light wash. I prefer dark wash, actually. It's a lot more flattering and forgiving. But we've already determined my aesthetic and Paige's aesthetic are not the same aesthetic. She's nobly pushed back production six months because she refused to do a full run unless the wash was absolutely perfect. It was so expensive but she needed to love love love the denim, because it's really what she's passionate about and what she wants to do, she wants to be the best denim brand out there. You know, because she's hand-making this denim herself, not just sending instructions to low-wage Chinese workers while being afforded the privilege to fuss over the perceived quality for six months because she has parents who are willing to flush money down the toilet on this. Also, for the record, but denim is like... a choice? Like what is the vision, exactly, because every clothing retailer has some version of denim and people are already super married to their faves, so how exactly is this business model working for her, here. And it doesn't look like stretch denim either, which means it's going to fit a very, very narrow group of body types. Like speaking from ample experience crying in GAP dressing rooms over my "freakish" (read, not built like a popsicle stick) as a teenager in a time before jeggings, jeans are not forgiving and easily worn by everyone. The thing about what Paige is doing so far is that it's universal enough. You don't have to really tailor an oversized sweatshirt or trucker hat to fit you. Everyone can make room for another overpriced candle. But denim??? IDK girl, you do you.
- Paige makes Olivia a latte. Olivia comes in and say it's story time about coffee. Paige asks if she should turn off the camera for this and Olivia says no so Paige continues to film herself preening while Olivia tells her a story about how messy she is frothing milk. Paige spends the entire time interrupting her to go "no! No! No! No!"
- They look at buttons and rivets and embossed leather patches for the back, and then sweatpants leg panel samples. Baloo hangs out with them and Paige tells him he's stinky. She eats toast.
- WHAT IS THE POINT OF ANY OF THIS. She's not DESIGNING anything, she's just doing that thing like, you know when you're choosing your racer in Mario Kart and there are a couple hundred variations of wheels and chassis and you just choose the unique combos you want to put together? She's doing that but with generic clothing. I've been jokingly referring to her stuff as "elevated Zazzle" but this isn't even Zazzle because Zazzle you UPLOAD ACTUAL ARTWORK TO. Why is she re-inventing the wheel? What improvements does she think she's making TO A PROVERBIAL WHEEL.
- Not sponsored showing off gifting time! It's not in focus at all so we can't really see any of the products (professional!). One of the products she mentions is that she's friends with CYNTHIA ROWLEY'S DAUGHTER who has nepo baby'd her way into dropping oven mitts and aprons that look like Strawberry Shortcake's rejects. Like they're cute, but they're again little strawberries on white. Like tell me none of you silver spoon-ass bitches cook without telling me by making WHITE OVEN MITTS. Those will turn yellowish and burnt after, what a single batch of brownies? Taking a piece of toast out?
- This haul includes her tennis Tommy bag. Not sure how she got it since she brags about it being "sold out everywhere even Poshmark and depop"
- There is sooooooo much of this free bullshit. How does she even get this much free bullshit. Why do companies waste so much money sending this to people like Paige who don't fucking care and openly give it away. What is the point of an influencer. IDK at this point I'm spiraling, this vlog is like a third of the way through and nothing has happened.
- Paige unpacks with Nance. She has so many clothes and I don't think she's worn any of them. Full disclosure that this was the point I actually got annoyed and had to take a break and play some video games for fifteen minutes because while growing up comfortably or on the upper end of middle class in a generational wealth type of town has taught me a lot of patience for people with too much money, there is at some point a limit to how conspicuous over-consumption and waste I can handle, and that point for me came when I saw how many sweaters Paige has that look like they've never been worn. And the on top of this she has a giant suitcase of stuff she's going to depop! The environment? Never heard of her.
- Paige is going to get groceries. She's needed Nance's help to do all the hard stuff she's had to do today like going grocery shopping and having soooo many clothes. She goes to Trader Joe's, then goes to a horse shop and of course buys MORE SHIT SHE DOESN'T NEED. I'm not condoning what the French did when they invented the guillotine, like that was really violent and horrible, but the point is that the longer I watch this vlog the more I'm understanding their motivations.
- Paige goes on a sunset ride with her friend Lauren, this song plays in the background as a flagrant copyright violation, I realize at this point that there's no way this video is going to stay up without Youtube copyright striking it so I have to be extra detailed for posterity and we still have so much to go and this is going to take forever. Louie's back still looks horrible and as someone with inherited lordosis, I feel for him.
- Tommy facetime! He says exactly one sentence and catches a tiny fish, for those of you keeping track on your Bingo cards.
- Nance is still over Paige's house when Paige gets back because she never leaves. Paige is wearing old Dairy Boy sweats. At this point when I scrolled down to press the play button again I realized that Nance has posted a comment about how proud she is of Paige within seconds of the video being uploaded. I live with my mother and sometimes I still need her help on stuff like yelling at health insurance until they cover stuff for me and even I am confused by how codependent their relationship is. Like doesn't Nance have her own house? A husband? Other children? Paige has spent this entire vlog needing Nance's help to do everything from grocery shopping to folding laundry and acting like a teenager. It's a rich text for a therapist to one day unpack.
- It's Taco Monday, this is just a dumb and boring version of Paige performing the white people taco night song. Also bewildering, Paige seemingly DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE TACO STUFF. It involves almost no cooking! She even bought the spices pre-packaged! She needs Nance's help on this too!
- Undisclosed new cooking knife brand product placement. They are amazed that it............slices.
- OH NO SHE SAYS SLAYING WITH BOOTS AGAIN ABOUT THE KNIFE END THIS MISERY
- Ahahhahah the reason they're so impressed is because they've apparently been cooking with unsharpened knives. Like Paige didn't know you could sharpen knives. A master chef, ladies and gentlemen!
- Oh god we're only halfway through. Paige wakes up the next morning. She got so freckly yesterday (read: she's courting melanoma and is going to age like a raisin). She's going to go play tennis at a club in Greenwich her parents are members at (Note, she shows the logo which means you can spend five seconds googling to discover it's this club. Membership is invite only and it's gauche apparently to discuss how much membership costs, but the estimate is EIGHTY GRAND A YEAR. To be clear, that is nearly THREE TIMES the average American household income. Paige is the child of people who spend more in one year to play tennis a few times a week than most people do getting fucking doctorates, which clears up a few things for me: one, I've never gotten those texts where she casually demands Morgan Wallen pay her back tens of thousands of dollars like it's $50, but I guess to her it is like $50, and two, why everything about Paige and how she acts towards people and money in this video is a million times more effective at radicalizing people on economic policy than anything Bernie Sanders has ever lain awake at night dreaming of.
- Camera going in and out of focus during this explanation.
- Ah she's doing it with her mom. Again. Heaven forbid Paige breathe without Nance.
- Oh also she has to shoot an ad in the tennis dress, but she definitely likes and would go to play tennis anyway.
- More unboxing undisclosed adver- I mean PR.
- I'm so serious, tthe flagrant wealth being thrown around in this video and the amount of free stuff a trust fund baby with absolutely no merits or skills whatsoever is getting because she has 300K followers on Instagram that she probably bought half of is like the best argument for socialism I have ever seen.
- .Paige gets dressed in the third outfit of the day to go to the dentist. The pants are pointedly too big on her so they don't stay up in the waist and create this weird enormous kangaroo pouch around her crotch. She pairs that with a toddler sized medium t-shirt for a football team she's probably never heard of, a choker that looks like something a boy band member in the early 2000's would wear but out of fake pearls, and cowboy boots. It's... the look sure is looking, let's just say that.
- Paige opines on how much she prefers to do vlogs at home, but don't worry, she won't stop doing travel vlogs for us! (Oh thank goodness, where would we be without the insights we get from them.) She feels like they add variety to her channel (what, no, we LOVE coming with you to the barn to watch you ride without a helmet over unsourced music! five times a vlog!). Sometimes she feels like there's this pressure to show us as much as she can, which explains why all we see in her travel vlogs is hotel room bathrooms, tennis matches, and the tops of various tabletops in restaurants. Anyway she feels like there's pressure because in reality she's there for Tommy. Which we KNOW, that's the entire PROBLEM, Paige. If you were HONEST about the fact that being a WAG on tour sucks and you don't get to actually see the places you're pretending to really go and immerse yourself in, we WOULD HAVE FEWER COMPLAINTS AND YOU'D FEEL LESS ANXIETY, the problem is that you have to keep compulsively lying about how cultured you are and how you really ~got a feel~ for the location. Just stop lying!!! Stop!!! Lying!!! Challenge!!!!! The anxiety you feel and the reason you have to monitor this subreddit comes from your CONSTANT LYING.
- Ugh she would NEVER have gone to ROME if it weren't for Tommy. I think this is a ploy for authenticity but boy is it coming across as privileged.
- I do think in her own Paige way though this entire monologue she has is about something I've noticed her talking around a lot - I think she's afraid if she stops travelling and being a WAG no one will care about her. I think she's terrified of doing what makes her happy, which is being home, hanging out with her mom, riding her horses, and spending her parents' money. But if she just let herself do the things she actually liked and stopped trying to always pretend to be cooler and more interesting than she is, no one would keep paying attention to her, because it's not like she has a sparkling personality or wit or unique point of view. Like I'm an interesting person to talk to, but if I tried to make a vlog of my life it would be pretty boring. I work a 9-5 M-F job and the most interesting part of my life is when I go to a concert or craft fair on the weekend or one of my neighbors goes out of town and I watch their cat. It's not riveting, but I also don't need to be doing fascinating things in order to be or feel like an interesting person. But people like Paige who need to always be travelling and going to events and flaunting how busy they are are often really sad and empty people. They're not doing any of the little mundane things that make people happy and spending time connecting with the people around them, they're just always moving around because they're afraid if they stop for five seconds, people will see that the only thing they have going for them is all that movement and travelling. I think Paige is constantly torn between the anxiety that comes with constant travel and isolation and putting herself on display and removing herself from the things that bring her a sense of calm and security, and the anxiety that if she allows herself to feel calm and secure, she'll lose the attention she craves. IDK seems like a thing she shouldn't keep indirectly admitting to in vlogs, seems to kind of undercut half of her material, but what do I know.
- Also she really is going to positively contribute to Tommy and his life and career, ie: she needs to go home and feels comforted by home because that's where her mom and Amanda wait on her hand and foot and everything is about her, which she misses when she's with Tommy because when she's on tour with Tommy she has to accept that he's the center of attention and she's not.
- Her home vlogs have been performing the best, like, significantly. Since she probably buys views and comments, this just means she likes them better and therefore buys more engagement for them.
- Apparently her analytics are telling her that 30% of her views are coming from the "explore" feature, which she says is YouTube rewarding her for being consistent, and, uh. No. Not how that works.
- I mean yes if you buy engagement it will put you in the algorithm more, but this is the time in the video where she accidentally self-owns. If you're an actual channel getting actual views from people who actually enjoy watching you, then VERY LITTLE of your viewership should be coming from the "explore" feature, MOST of it should be coming from subscribers or regular viewers or people who watch similar content. That's how the majority of people watch YouTube or find new videos to watch. But if fully a third of your viewers are coming from what's essentially a randomizer button, that pretty much confirms Paige is buying views and/or that a lot of viewers leave after a minute or two. Because if her content was good on its own, people would see it and subscribe, and then she wouldn't need to rely on the "explore" feature. But if she, as she says, is consistently getting a third of her viewership from that feature, than that means that a third of people are just randomly watching whatever YouTube puts in front of them and not engaging with her at all, meaning the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation is that she's essentially buying enough engagement to keep appearing on the explore page, but buying the opportunity to be put in front of people isn't actually getting her a larger audience because what she's serving them is a warmed-over turd.
- Anyway Paige is counting on you not knowing the extreme basics and trusting that she "knows someone who used to work at YouTube who told her that's how the algorithm works"
- Um if you don't know about social media - no one who works at YouTube or any social media company knows how their algorithm works unless they're the ones writing it, and if they do know, they're not going to tell you because that's extremely valuable, proprietary information and also there's like a lot of papers and NDAs and non-competes they'd be breaking if they did. They're telling you to upload consistently because it's good FOR THE MEDIA COMPANY. The company is trading in being a content hub, so they need people to consistently be uploading content, ie: raising the value of their site in a way they don't have to pay for. That's the entire business model of every. Single. Digital media platform. Heck, that's how most dating apps work too. The product is data. They want you to be giving them free product.
- "I don't know, like I don't like doing things just for social media anymore?" HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
- And a week later you spent a weekend attending influencer parties in the Hamptons for....... what exactly. The scintillating conversation?????
- She's very quick to say that's not the case if she has to shoot an ad! Loves shooting ads! Please keep sending her free stuff!
- God this is taking me multiple hours but at this point I've sunk too much time in and also am convinced this won't stay up for copyright issues, so I'm taking a break to like, stretch and clean the bathroom, anything to get me moving and listening to my own thoughts which are in complete sentences.
- I'm back after cleaning the bathroom. I've been at this so long that my sibling has shown up. But I only have ten minutes to go and I REFUSE TO GIVE UP. This whole completely unhinged and unintentionally revealing rant has approximately a trillion uses of the word "like" is from 21:00 to 26:00 and if you want to watch it you can. I probably should have transcribed it for a full AP Lit level analysis, but I'm tired. If we're lucky, when Paige tries to re-upload this with copyright-free music, she'll have kept that in there.
- Paige ordered a shed! She's so excited!
- The fence looks mildly less jacked up when they go back. Paige is brushing Louie constantly in this video. Fourth time I think we've seen her do this. I feel like there's a lot more to horse care than brushing them and she only shows us this part because it looks aesthetic and she doesn't do any of the actual hard or necessary parts like shoveling horse shit, but what do I know.
- This sequence uses unsourced but definitely copyright song number three!
- Fun fact: Paige is the same fake brown color as Louie's dappled neck. Aw, you know how pets eventually look like their owners? Cute.
- Shout out to Paige's friend (perhaps Amanda? Olivia? Can't keep the preppy brunettes straight anymore) who actually wears a helmet riding.
- Next day, we open with a bit of this song (not sourced, copyright infringement number four, possibly more that at this point I no longer notice tbh). Paige puts on boots to go to the new shed and realizes the vlog is going to be so long because she's never done a whole week at a time before. Because I've made it this far, I'm the best. (Aw.)
- Paige calls Tommy to wish him happy birthday and films it, which seems... odd. Especially since she doesn't film it in a way where he can see she's filming.
- Paige gets tea for breakfast (nutritious) and a coffee for the guy at the barn we must have seen earlier. His name is Aaron. I could do some google sleuthing and find him probably, but I don't care. Paige met him going on trail rides at her old barn. Do middle aged men usually hang out at barns doing trail rides? Just scoping out young idiots with disposable income? The whole thing seems sus. Apparently he has like seven kids.
- Paige never realized how expensive pre-made sheds were, but it's a local business that makes it by hand! I assume the local business is called Costco And Sons.
- More uncredited The Shins plays as Paige only loads the shed with blankets and nothing heavy or unpicturesque.
- Another Tractor Supply run, at this point they're who really should be sponsoring Paige
- Paige goes to say goodbye to Louie and he HIDES FROM HER IN THE WOODS
- Oh my god no wonder he's mad at her, they've been staying somewhere WITHOUT A STRUCTURE. He's been sleeping OUTSIDE. It got into the 40's every night in New England last week!!!
- Out of focus Paige talking about how she had suuuuuch a long day "running errands". Olivia didn't get to join Paige on her little horse girl excursions because she had to be at the warehouse and onboarding a new DB employee. Anyway Paloma is in town now
- Paige learns that apparently you're supposed to be washing veggies as she prepares things to grill. PAIGE HAS BEEN COOKING THIS WHOLE TIME NOT WASHING VEGGIES. I.......... I am going to need to be sedated after this.
- Paige exfoliates and puts on a definitely not sponsored face mask
- She's wearing skiing pajamas. In case we forgot she was a skier. Did you know she was a skier????
- PSYCH, these are from previous ads with PJ Place but actually she really likes these and this one ISN'T an ad she just loves the product so much
- Paige is doing her makeup! We're at the end stretch! I'm almost there!
- She took a day off of vlogging to go see her grandparents, but immediately segues into her Ulta trip. Because of her stupid grandparents, she didn't get to go to the barn, frankly how can she survive in these conditions.
- Dairy Boy phone case plug! She was soooo specific about what she likes in phone cases and definitely didn't just choose between Zazzle, Redbubble, or (insert other brand here)
- It's a shitty thin cover that looks like it protects your phone from approximately nothing and should cost $10 but I estimate she'll sell it for at least $40
- Of course because Paige was so super particular about the details and business-minded when it comes to quality it took a long time to make........phone cases.......
- Tommy calls and says hi
- Paige rambles about her day and makes coffee. Tommy sent her peonies because he's "so cute". We see the phone cases and they're weird and ugly. More "gifting" (undisclosed advertising) that came in the mail
- Paige makes pickled red onions, every time she does it she changes the recipe a little bit even though she totally has a recipe and isn't googling. She starts pickling carrots which she says are going to "go bad soon" (that takes like six months, how do carrots even go bad?) She also does it in a water glass which, good luck ever drinking from that again without it tasting like vinegar.
- And then with no warning, it cuts off. That took me three and a half hours. It's been a journey and I hate it. If there is ever a vlog this long, I'm doing it in segments across multiple days because I'm exhausted by this much wealth and inanity. Time to go touch grass, start dinner, wash my vegetables before I do so. You know. The little things.
submitted by Formal_Pea9167
to PLSnark [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 23:26 GreenNapster Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart (Red) $120 + Free Shipping [Deal Price: $120.00]
2023.05.29 23:20 BroMandi [Amazon] Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart (Red) $120 + Free Shipping [Deal Price: $120.00]
2023.05.29 23:14 snkde [Amazon] Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart (Red) $120 + Free Shipping
2023.05.29 23:03 Affectionate_Hat494 Which partner is more dangerous?
James and Victoria both have BPD. Even though they care deeply for other people and have a nurturing side to them, their childhood traumas cause them to have a dark side. In this book, I kind of want to make them like Joe and Love from You
James - Petulant BPD
- Irritability and impatience (sighs or rolls his eyes at the smallest of mistakes that most people wouldn't even notice)
- Stubbornness and defiance (does not exhibit much of these signs, but once told his dad off for being judgmental to his sister, leading to his dad beating him)
- Passive-aggressiveness (due to a miscommunication, he thought Victoria was going out with someone else. He then proceeded to date another girl for three months just to get back at her. He made very sure to post their dates on social media where Victoria could see them)
- Severe mood swings (has a persecution complex, and believes that people owe him things. Will either give people the silent treatment or blow up on them)
Victoria - Discouraged BPD
- Clinginess (constantly wants to be James's damsel in distress, because in her mind, the one who truly loves her will save her from harm's way)
- Codependency (feels like her life is meaningless without someone loving her back)
- Neediness (does not exhibit much neediness, but craves being loved so bad)
- Anger and emotional mood swings if abandonment issues get triggered (seriously considered a suicide attempt when James was dating another girl. Also thought about actually ending her life when another crush in the past chose his girlfriend over her)
submitted by Affectionate_Hat494
to fictionalpsychology [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:58 Fluffy_Fluffle Mario Bros. x Donkey Kong Country crossover.
Bowser decides, that, for once he'll take Peach somewhere far away. The Jungle Kingdom from the SMB Movie. Half of the game you play as Mario running right, and the other half you play as DK running left. The two eventually meet in the middle to defeat Bowser. Here are some game mechanics that would be in both halves:
(1. DK Barrel from Donkey Kong Country. These work exactly as the do in the Nintendo Switch port of DKC Tropical Freeze. You can have up to 4 characters on screen. For Mario, the barrels drop Luigi, Wario, and Captain Toad. For DK, the barrels drop Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Funky Kong.
(2. Power-Ups. In the entirety of the first half, and also late into the second half, there are ? blocks you can hit for coins or Power-Ups. Not everyone can use every power-up, for instance, Wario can't use the Tanooki Suit because he's fat. Power-Ups included will be as follows:
Mushroom. Makes you bigger and able to break bricks.
Fire Flower. Allows you to shoot fire.
Ice Flower. Allows you to shoot ice.
Penguin Suit. The Ice Flower, but you can now slide on ice. Funky Kong can't use this Power-Up because he doesn't want his bandana to get wet.
Super Leaf. You can whack enemies and fly. Wario can't use this Power-Up because he's fat. Captain Toad is the most useful with this Power-Up, as he has the shortest jump. This Power-Up works the same way as it does in New Super Mario Bros. 2, and does not require you to spam the jump button to float down.
Tanooki Suit. The Super Leaf, but now you can be a statue. Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong can't use this Power-Up as the suit is too small for them. Wario also can't use this Power-Up for the same reason as the Super Leaf. This Power-Up works as it does in Super Mario 3D Land, and does not require you to spam the jump button to float down.
Starman. Makes you invincible for a few seconds.
Now onto Power-Ups that only the Mushroom Kingdom heroes can use.
Propeller Mushroom. Makes you have a full body helicopter and can fly. (wait, haven't we seen this before?)
Mini Mushroom. Instead of making you big, it makes you small.
Now for the Power-Ups only the Kongs can use.
Rambi. That one rhino from the original DKC.
Now onto some movesets.
Mario: Punch, Crouch, Groundpound, Groundpound-Jump, Spin Jump, Triple Jump, Jump, Long Jump, Rolling Long Jump, Roll.
Luigi: Punch, Crouch, Groundpound, Groundpound-Jump, Spin Jump, Triple Jump, Jump, Long Jump, Rolling Long Jump, Roll.
Wario: Punch, Groundpound, Jump, Roll.
Captain Toad: Punch, Crouch, Spin Jump, Jump, Long Jump, Roll.
The Kongs have the same moves they do in Tropical Freeze.
Now for overall jump height.
- Captain Toad.
- Donkey Kong.
- Funky Kong.
- Diddy Kong.
- Dixie Kong.
Yoshi. He could do his signature flutter jump, eat enemies, and spit out Koopa shells.
POW blocks. They go boom boom.
Tracks. They move things up and down and side to side.
Minecart Tracks. These were INSANELY hard in Donkey Kong Country, the would be a fun mechanic.
Baby Yoshi. You hold him and he can do things like fly, glow, or kill enemies.
Now for some entirely new mechanics:
Unlockable games. There would be seven in total to unlock: Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Wario Land 4, and New Super Mario Bros.
There would also be an arcade you could play at for coins. There would be ten game in total you could play: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Mario Bros., Vs. Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 (PlayChoice10), Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 3, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, and Yoshi's Island DS.
Lakitus that throw ? blocks that look like ? blocks, but are actually non-moving Spinys and will kill you.
Let me know of anymore mechanics that could fit.
submitted by Fluffy_Fluffle
to gameideas [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:50 London-Roma-1980 NON CONFERENCE MATCHDAY 10 RESULTS
Strap in, everyone, because we have a long road ahead of us. In addition to the NINE games between Top 25 teams, FOUR upsets happened. That's right, the Top 25 was below .500 in its entirety today. So let's see how they did it.
***** #1 UCLA 90, #9 Syracuse 79.
The key to beating a 2-3 zone is to shoot over it. Fortunately for the Bruins, they can.
Reggie Miller had 25 points and led an onslaught that included 13 three-pointers as the Bruins (10-0) took out the Orange (8-2) to maintain their winning streak, now at 47 games and counting.
"The shots were falling tonight," Miller said after the game. "We got what we wanted in terms of looks, and we got them to go in."
In addition to Miller's 5 three-pointers, Russell Westbrook had 3, Kiki Vandeweghe had 2, and Gail Goodrich, Kevin Love, and Jrue Holiday each had one. Syracuse, for their part, shot well, with Carmelo Anthony hitting six threes on his own to get to 22 total points, but it wasn't enough.
"They're #1 for a reason," Orange coach Jim Boeheim said. #8 Michigan 68, #4 Duke 61.
The Power Five have been cracked.
Michigan's defense held Duke to 29% shooting and Juwan Howard led the way with 16 points as the Wolverines (9-1) stunned the Blue Devils (8-2) before a court-storming crowd at Michigan Court.
"This is why you play the game," Howard said amidst a crowd of fans. "We shook up the world tonight. We wanted this one. You beat Duke, you've done good!"
Grant Hill led the Devils with 13 points, but the entire team struggled.
"We were cold tonight," Hill said. "Props to Michigan; their defense smothered us. Not much you can do." #3 Kentucky 67, #2 North Carolina 64.
Who do you call on when you have everyone? Someone's bound to be open, and such was the case here.
Louie Dampier found Devin Booker in the corner as time expired, and the Wildcats (9-1) stunned the Tar Heels (8-2) to send them to their second last-second defeat of the non-conference season.
"We ran a pick and roll off the ball to get [Michael] Jordan off of me and get me open," Booker said, recounting the final play. "Louie knew where I was, he got the pass off after driving for the double... everything just fell into place."
Both teams turned up the defense in this one. Dan Issel led Kentucky with 15 points, while Jordan led North Carolina with 13. Outside shooting was particularly hard to go by, as Booker's winner was only the fifth three-pointer of the game combined.
"We did almost everything right," Tar Heels coach Dean Smith said after the game. "Almost." #5 Kansas 75, #14 Arizona 59.
The top teams have shown anyone can step up at any time. Kansas proved it tonight.
Kirk Hinrich caught fire, getting 20 points with five three-pointers, as the Jayhawks (9-1) knocked off the Wildcats (7-3) to produce a potential future matchup with Kentucky.
"We've been seeing how other teams have done," Hinrich said. "It's important we keep winning. We want that last one seed when the dust settles."
Mike Bibby had 15 points, but also committed 8 turnovers as JoJo White's defense proved to be too much for him.
"I had a bad day," Bibby admitted. "This loss is on me." Arkansas 90, #23 Iowa 83.
Are they going to be ranked now? It's not certain what else has to be done.
Joe Johnson went off for 24 points and the full-court pressure held Fred Brown to 5 points as the Razorbacks (8-2) pulled off their second straight top-25 upset, this time knocking off the Hawkeyes (7-3).
"We're just going to keep playing the way we're capable of and we'll be in good shape," Johnson said. "We got off to a slow start, but now we're showing the world what we're capable of."
Don Nelson led the Hawkeyes with 18 points. #12 Connecticut 92, #21 Alabama 80.
A quick rise to the top by the Tide made people wonder if the SEC would have a wild race. Now, it looks like this Tide is receding.
Andre Drummond had 19 points and 15 rebounds to lead the Huskies (8-2) to a big road win over the Tide (7-3) that may solidify them as favorites in the Big East.
"We had an advantage inside, and we knew we could use it," Huskies coach Jim Calhoun said after the game. "We needed this win, you know? A chance to show the Big East still goes through us."
Alabama attempted to turn up the pace against the big men of Connecticut, but Kemba Walker and Ray Allen were able to break the press on offense. On defense, super sub Richard Hamilton helped slow down the opposition, getting 4 steals in the second half.
Latrell Sprewell led the Tide with 18 points. #9 Notre Dame 67, #17 DePaul 65, OT.
Most of the game was a battle inside. But it was outside shooting from a very unlikely source that won the game.
John Paxson hit two three-pointers late in overtime to lead the Fighting Irish (8-2) to an overtime victory over the Blue Demons (7-3).
"All of our players can contribute," coach Digger Phelps told reporters after the game. "We hear a lot about Adrian Dantley and Bill Laimbeer, but we're a team of stars. We feel we can beat anyone."
With the game tied at 58 nearing the end of regulation, George Mikan looked to have won the game with a hook shot. However, before he could shoot, he was whistled for a three-second violation. Paxson's heroics in overtime then meant the difference.
"I lost track of time," a dejected Mikan said in the locker room. "I'm sorry, Blue Demon fans." #25 Illinois 66, #19 Georgetown 56.
Illinois coach Lou Henson wanted to focus on defense as much as offense. It's safe to say his team was ready to respond.
A focused effort held Allen Iverson scoreless on the day as the Illini (8-2) stunned the Hoyas (7-3) in a defensive struggle with neither team able to get open shots most of the day.
"That's what I was hoping for," Henson said after the game. "We wanted to get our defensive strength before we faced teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota... I think today we showed we can win ugly as well as win beautifully."
Derek Harper, who led all scorers with 17 points, was the primary responsibility, but Iverson found himself constantly double-teamed with Donnie Freeman and Deron Williams. While Iverson did wind up with 9 assists, the shutout clearly bothered him, as he picked up a late technical foul arguing a no-call.
"We need to work on getting Allen involved more," Hoyas coach John Thompson admitted. "You can't just win inside in this game." Cincinnati 81, #18 LSU 60.
Maybe the adjustment from the AAC to the Big XII will be easier than we were led to believe.
Oscar Robertson had a triple-double with 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 12 assists, while Jack Twyman had 21 points as the Bearcats (8-2) stunned everyone by trouncing the Tigers (7-3) in front of the Cats' home fans.
"That was an incredible win," Bearcats coach Ed Jucker said after the game. "They kept talking about their starting five, but today we showed you need a lot of depth to get anywhere. We got that depth and we got a chance to win it all. I hope Kansas is paying attention -- they're not sweeping us this season."
Defense also proved to be a big deal. Robertson and Nick Van Exel constantly switched off on Pete Maravich, holding the scoring machine to only 8 points on the day. Bob Pettit was able to take some advantage to score 17 points, but the Tigers had no help from the bench, as the Cats' bench outscored the Tigers' reserves 21-3.
"Gotta be more than the first five," center Shaquille O'Neal said after the game. "We can only do so much and if one of us is in trouble, we gotta get stepping up." #15 Southern Cal 78, #16 Maryland 55.
Don't sleep on the Trojans now. When they're going against teams in the second and third tier, they are deadly.
Bill Sharman led all scorers with 24 points as the Trojans (8-2) steamrolled the Terrapins (7-3) to make a statement about their goals for this season.
"We think we can steal a Final Four spot," coach Sam Barry said after the game. "Today proved we have the talent to do it. If the shots fall, we can beat anyone."
Gene Shue led the Terrapins with 13 points. #6 Michigan State 61, #13 Texas 60.
The Longhorns seem to be willing to live and die by Kevin Durant. The Spartans knew it when it mattered.
Draymond Green knocked away a pass intended for Durant on the final play of the game to preserve a victory for the Spartans (8-2) over the Longhorns (7-3) on the road in a critical matchup.
"We saw where they were going, we knew they had one big star and if we denied him, we didn't think anyone else could step up," Green said after the game. "I know how to beat Durant, we know how to win the game, and we're just that good."
Magic Johnson had 14 points and 7 assists to lead the Spartans. Durant, for his part, led all scorers with 21 points, but couldn't get the last two, as Avery Bradley's inbound was knocked away.
"Close isn't good enough in crunch time," Durant said to reporters. NC State 74, #20 Minnesota 65.
Last year, the Wolfpack were controversially sent to the NIT despite going 18-14 in the toughest schedule in the country. If they keep winning, they may take it out of the committee's hands when all is said and done.
JJ Hickson had 5 blocks of Kevin McHale on the day and David Thompson scored 20 as the Wolfpack (8-2) stunned the Golden Gophers (7-3) to pick up a road win.
"We deserve to be ranked, and we deserve to be in the [NIBL] tournament," Thompson said after the game. "We've said all year our goal is to be undeniable. If we qualify for selection, we're going to make sure they have to take us. That means winning a lot in non-con, and that's what we're doing."
With Thompson driving and causing collapses of the defense, the outside shooters also had their chances. Spud Webb and Tom Gugliotta hit three three-pointers each over the Gopher defense.
"This was a bad day," said McHale, who despite being blocked led the Gophers with 14 points. Villanova 79, #24 UNLV 78.
Villanova likes to play slower, while UNLV likes to speed it up. Villanova, it turned out, did just enough to keep the Rebels from getting the win.
Randy Foye had 20 points and Kyle Lowry blocked Ricky Sobers' last second putback attempt as the Wildcats (8-2) held off the Runnin' Rebels (6-4) to most likely knock the last mid-major out of the Top 25.
"Our backcourt carried this one," Villanova coach Jay Wright said after the game. "We wanted to show that Paul [Arizin] had backup, and that's what we were able to get. Everyone played their role, and we kept this team -- a very good offensive team -- to just enough to take the win.
On the final play, Sobers inbounded to leading scorer Shawn Marion (18 points). His three pointer was off the mark, and in the scramble, Sobers got the loose ball. He tried a quick shot to beat the horn, but Lowry was ready.
***** HOW THE TOP 25 FARED
- UCLA 90, 7. Syracuse 79
- North Carolina 64, 3. Kentucky 67
- Kentucky 67, 2. North Carolina 64
- Duke 61, 8. Michigan 68
- Kansas 75, 14. Arizona 59
- Michigan State 61, 13. Texas 60
- Syracuse 79, 1. UCLA 90
- Michigan 68, 4. Duke 61
- Notre Dame 67, 17. DePaul 65, OT
- Indiana 83, Louisiana Tech 57
- Ohio State 87, Saint John's 59
- Connecticut 92, 21. Alabama 80
- Texas 60, 6. Michigan State 61
- Arizona 59, 5. Kansas 75
- Southern Cal 78, 16. Maryland 55
- Maryland 55, 15. Southern Cal 78
- DePaul 65, 9. Notre Dame 67, OT
- LSU 60, Cincinnati 81
- Georgetown 56, 25. Illinois 66
- Minnesota 65, NC State 74
- Alabama 80, 12. Connecticut 92
- Florida 63, California 60
- Iowa 83, Arkansas 90
- UNLV 78, Villanova 79
- Illinois 66, 19. Georgetown 56
submitted by London-Roma-1980
to BestOfDivI [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:17 Carnadge 31 [M4F] Atlanta GA/Surrounding States/USA - Artistic creative guy looking for a potential life partner
Starting off, I'm an artist, a creative, and a cosplayer with a reserved, laid back, mild-mannered, easy-going personality type, just looking for a woman who wants to date with long-term intentions (pretty much looking for a girlfriend and life partner). I tend to be a bit quiet at first as I am introverted, but I become more open, inquisitive, and conversational upon meeting people and getting to know them. Since these are important, I lean left politically, am monogamous, not religious, and am childfree (meaning I have no kids and have no desire to ever have or raise any - looking for that Dual Income, No Kids lifestyle). More About Me:
I've sadly been unemployed for a while due to being laid off in a tough job market, but I do a lot of creativity for my self-improvement. I'm active in cosplaying as I make my own costumes and attend local anime/comic conventions (pictures taken from Momocon this past weekend)
and collect art posters, prints, and other wall art. I'm not into anime or manga as I'm more into graphic novels, cosplaying, Game Show Network shows, watching professional wrestling matches, puzzles, mystery books, videogames, and indie horrothriller movies, but it's cool if you aren't into those things. Other hobbies of mine include designing personal art projects, creative writing, journaling/blogging, watching game shows, and taking part in recreational activities like bowling (both at the alley and on Wii/Switch Sports), swimming (including the beach), playing billiards/pool, mini golf, air hockey, laser tag, go-kart racing, and attending carnivals, fairs, and amusement parks. About You:
All that said, I'm looking for a single woman who I can get to know on a personal level and with time, build a relationship with. Those looking for something casual, meaningless, or short-term need not apply. Those of you who are local or in a nearby state are preferred! I won't necessarily count you out if you live in a faraway state but do want to be realistic and say if we hit it off and get along well, it could be a while before we meet due to the long distance. If I had a type, I'd say I'm drawn to glasses-wearing nerdy types of women on the thickecurvier side, but those looks are just bonuses, not requirements. The requirements I do have are that you must also be childfree (wanting to share that D.I.N.K lifestyle), monogamous, non-religious (or at least not deeply religious) and politically progressive/liberal.
I'm only responding to those who message me with a photo/selfie and a short intro as I'll know who read through this... So if you think we could be a good fit and maybe become something together, hit me up via chat or DM!
submitted by Carnadge
to R4R30Plus [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:15 new_simsons Yeah idk
2023.05.29 22:08 X_Katherine_X 20f could use some friends in the UK
Hi i (20f) don’t have many friends while I’m at university in hull due to them all dropping out and I also have a different schedule to most students due to the nature of my course (adult nursing)
I don’t really drink but I love activities such as kayaking, archery, go karting etc or going for a meal. I also play games on the switch such as animal crossing, Mario kart, ARMS and more. Also on the Xbox like GTA, COD, minecraft a bit of everything really.
If you’re interested send me a message I’d love to talk to you :)
submitted by X_Katherine_X
to MakeNewFriendsHere [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:01 avvxxa 20F looking to meet some people and hopefully be friends!
Hey everyone! Like most people here I'm looking to meet some people and be friends if we're compatible :)
Interests: F1, fashion, traveling, organizing, football, interior designing.
Hobbies: baking, go karting, swimming, exercising, outdoor activities.
I also enjoy vc, playing Minecraft, and just doing activities with my online friends!
We don't have to have similar interests (opposite attract ;) but if you're wanna chat send me a text and tell me a bit about yourself!
I prefer talking to people around my age and please keep it sfw.
submitted by avvxxa
to MakeNewFriendsHere [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:56 burningshadoww Date Night in Cleveland at the Zach Bryan Concert? 1 extra ticket!
This is going to be unique, but hear me out.
I no longer have a plus one to the Cleveland ZB show and I have 2 tickets. I’d like the extra ticket to go to someone who would really enjoy the concert and who I could have a great time with.
I no longer have a plus one to the one who would really enjoy the concert.
Me: male, 29, central Ohio.
The ask: a fun random date in Cleveland, then we never see each other again.
Parameters, we get to know each other a bit first to see if it’s something that could work for a night.
Weird, I know. But I saw this as a chance to potentially do something fun!
submitted by burningshadoww
to zachbryan [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:50 Flimsy_Resolution_68 AITA for changing my friend’s tip on the receipt without his permission
Recently, I went with a group of friends to visit another friend in Ohio. During our stay we went with that friend to a restaurant he had suggested. The food was great and the dining was decent.
Everything was going fine until it came to the receipt. Our friend that we were visiting decided to pay for us, but on the receipt he only gave 15%. In the moment I got a little heated and said things along the lines of “What’s wrong with you? Do you not have money?” He wouldn’t budge though. He said it’s fine because 15% was an option that the restaurant provided on the receipt. So I choose to take the receipt he signed on and crossed out his tip and wrote down an amount that I thought was sufficient.
Some of my other friends told me that I had gone a bit too far, but I think it’s right for me to stand by my principles.
Am I the Asshole?
submitted by Flimsy_Resolution_68
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:49 HouseFanatic64 When is the right time to panic?
I’m 26, under the enby umbrella (he/they), and pansexual. I’ve been in survival mode for 7 years now and it’s caused me to become a hermit because I’m scared a LOT.
I’m scared to go to Pride this year because of how bad everything has gotten, I’m scared to talk to strangers to possibly make friends unless I’m somewhere where being queer is 100% accepted, and I feel powerless over my own life. I carry a knife on me at all times in case I’m attacked despite not outwardly looking like a queer person.
My uncle, who is gay, says it’s not time to flee, my mother echoes that sentiment and she’s been my biggest supporter since I came out when I was 14. I’ve been avoiding TikTok because of how bad everything is, and yet that fear is always there deep down inside me until I eventually have a mental breakdown. I said from the start of 45’s presidency that I might get killed from his ideals, and everyone said I was being dramatic. Now we’re seeing this happen.
When is it appropriate to start panicking or try to flee? I have not transitioned in any way, but I live in Ohio, aka The Florida of the North, and I’m neurodivergent which disqualifies me from immigrating to several countries.
submitted by HouseFanatic64
to lgbt [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:45 SignificantAd2222 Cmv: the original mongols were exemplary and the “best” of the mongols culture
So I hold the opinion that the mongol empire under their first khan was exemplerary in multiple ways. This is inspired by the post below. I agree. But want to add my own spin.
My liking was influenced by a book which led the teen me to read more about mongol history. The author Conn Iggulden wrote the conqueror series. He takes liberties with the facts, but you can always go and read them yourself. What struck the teen me was the mentality in the book.
“Tsubodai smiled at the thought. Some of the men fought for new land, for exotic women, even for gold. From his private conversations with the khan, Tsubodai knew he and Genghis cared for none of those things. The sky father gave a man his life and nothing else. The khan’s people were alone on the plains and it was a savage loneliness. Yet they could ride and conquer, take cities and empires one by one. Perhaps in time those who followed them would be as weak and soft as the city-dwellers they faced, but that did not matter to Tsubodai. He was not responsible for the choices of his sons and grandsons, only for the way he lived his own life. As he knelt on hard grey stone and watched the clouds of dust come closer below, he thought again that he had only one rule, which guided everything he did. ‘Fight for every breath and step,’ he muttered aloud, the words a talisman to him. It was possible that the shah’s great army could not be stopped, that it would roll over the tumans of Genghis, right to the plains of home. Only the sky father knew “Like the khan, Tsubodai would still seek out anyone who might ever be a threat and hit them first and harder than they would believe. With that, when he came to the end of his life, he would be able to look back with pride and not shame”
Over the course of the series we see a change in the characters development. The original mongols under Genghis were goat-herders. They were rough and gritty and street-smart. But I also noted they had respectful ness and hospitality ingrained in their characters when not fighting. They were religious(shamanism)This disappears as new generations arise, born into wealth. They disdain the old traditions. The books made a point of their greed for gold, women and power. In real life it was complex, but each mongol empire fell to other armies. The weak newer generations were no longer nomadic. Mongol warrior quality was not the same. Their enemies relearned tactics to deal with them. The Kazakh khanate. Remnant of the Golden Horde, They lasted the longest because they remained nomadic.
Next the battles themselves. I haven’t read this book in a decade + and just downloaded it.
“In the distance, Tsubodai heard scout horns moaning across the land. He looked up and saw the tumans of Genghis riding in. The khan had entered the field at last and Tsubodai wiped his eyes of sweat, filled with a terrible pleasure”.
“Genghis snapped an order to a bannerman and heard the fluttering as a gold flag went up. All along the line, thousands of bows creaked. The shah’s army tried to brace for the impact, though their officers urged them on. No one wanted to face these grim warriors again, but there was nowhere to go. They screamed defiance as the gold flag dipped and the air blackened.”
Ask yourself. Why do gangs exist? Teams? Why is their such an emphasis on team work? This. ☝️.
Go to the men’s forums. Read the posts on lonely men. They don’t have a group. Men need a group. Some say the squad, my boys, friends, my basketball team, football team, cohort, platoon, homies, chess team, whatever. Men need to belong to something. They love competition. Whether it’s killing together in old times or winning intellectually today or even physically, doesn’t matter.
Next equality across the empire. Though yes their was cheating the mongols worked on meritocratic system. It wasn’t all nobles commanding. A poor man could become rich here. Command Tumans. There was no racism. There was a line somewhere in the book something like. The mongols didn’t care how those who served them cooked, spoke, looked, or worshiped. They only cared that they were obeyed. Slavery here was a thing… but it wasn’t skin based. Nobles and peasants became slaves…. It was the losers…equality.
This is getting too long but add in the hood of technology spread and pax mongolica mitigated by things like black plague.
So in the end I say that the original mongols were exemplary in many ways. Yes the quotes I provided were fiction. But they loosely match the real history. Now arguments against will argue the more find points of history and philosophy I’m sure. Awesome. I wrap one that. Not interested in attacking statements and I just want to kill people. If that’s all you got from this you didn’t read to listen. I don’t want your opinion.
I am genuinely open to having my mind changed by good in faith arguments
submitted by SignificantAd2222
to changemyview [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:31 SuperAssumption1418 New girl I met (39-F), extreme jealousy ensures after a mere 3 weeks of being together (41-M)
Someone I (41-M) have met recently had me nearly falling head over heels the moment I met her (39-F). We hit it off almost instantly and started getting to know each other. Let's call her Jessica
Things were admittedly moving fast as we communicated everyday via text and would meet outside of the professional environment.
One day, the company I work for setup a get-together where employees and clients were to meet up and celebrate the new changes in the company. It's a fitness company so it was definitely weird seeing so many people dressed up outside of the typical gym attire
Jessica was also invited in and knew a number of the people working there, and was familiar with some of the clients. I'm a people-person, and quite extroverted, so towards the end when things were getting a bit dull, I started challenging (in a fun way) my fellow colleagues into doing a quick number of difficult moves, everyone laughed, participated and was involved, and it definitely added a layer of fun to the atmosphere
however, one of the many people who responded favorably to the challenges (and did impressively well) was a new employee, let's call her Dominique (42-F). She entered the circle, did impressively well and even got a round of applause. I thanked her (and others) for participating and that was that
well Jessica was FUMING. She walked off silently and was waiting by my car. I eventually join her within a few minutes she had texted me (saying she's leaving) and we head over to a small place to have a drink. Originally I was not aware that she had gotten so mad. In the car on the way to the drink spot, I noticed that she was holding back tears as I ask what's going on
She responds that it was flirting with Dominique and that I was enjoying challenging her. I eventually calm her down and tell her that I was literally speaking to EVERYONE, 0 flirting was involved because many, many people participated and it was just a group challenge
As the days go by, our interactions go pretty well but every now and then she brings back the "flirting" situation to which i immediately shut down.
Well, recently Jessica and I went one a date over to a nice restaurant to celebrate my birthday. Things went extremely well, we discussed about anything and everything, our aspirations and some of our past. She tells met about some people two tables down who happen to be there for a birthday too, I had looked at that direction briefly but couldn't tell who, so I told her that I'd find out later
As we leave the restaurant, we head to an elevator (about 14 floors) Me, Jessica (holding hands) and 2 women (lesbian couple it seemed) (35-F)(35-F) everyone is quiet until one of the women describes enjoying her birthday today, that's when I chime in "Of it's my birthday too! Well Happy birthday" then cracked a stupid birthday joke bland, nothing pertaining to anything personal or alluding to anything. Didn't really think nothing of it.We head to the car, but I notice Jessica being just a tad bit cold and distant. I attributed that to her being sleepy as it was getting late, and I drop her off home. The same night, I thank her for being there during such a special day, she's all lovey dovey via text as well. Almost 2 days go by where we still converse almost every hour with issues it seems. She was looking for a job near her home and was getting a bit antsy about how to go about it, and I could tell she was getting frustrated
well well well... this is when things take a turn
all of a sudden out of the blue (from my perspective) she sends me a paragraph saying that she hates me, that I look for opportunities to flirt with other women, that I pretended to care about her, that she should have left me when I "flirted with Dominique" "you are not the type of man I thought you were" and blocked me from everywhere
Looking back I also remember when I almost had a grocery kart collision with some lady who was walking down the opposite isle, and I politely said "sorry" with a smile, I turned back to Jessica to laugh at the situation but noticed her face briefly displaying anger... i didn't think much of it but made a mental checkpoint
Was my behavior flirtatious? She had admitted after the 1st situation that she can be very jealous so I'm wondering if that has any influence on it
TL;DR: Girl that I met and hit it off immediately, but after about 2-3 weeks suddenly dumps me under the belief that I am flirtations whenever I have any form of conversation with the opposite sex.
submitted by SuperAssumption1418
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:29 KBWordPerson Is this milkweed?
2023.05.29 21:26 ChrdeMcDnnis The world of my dreams: a summary
I only dream in select locations. The events of the dreams vary, so I don’t feel they are recurring dreams, but there are only about 4 locations in which they take place. As I get further into creative writing based in these settings, I’d like to write them down in summary.
The most frequent location I have called Oceanville. It is a small island in the middle of an expansive ocean, and was settled in the last century by the ultra rich. As such, it boasts some of the most impressive infrastructure and architecture my mind has shown me. White stone buildings and winding lifted roads are the primary design, with long stretches of warm sand wherever stone does not lay. It’s accessible only by ship, though I myself often fall from the sky into it. Dreams here consist of sailing and adventure, or luxury and lavish indulgence. I’ve hunted ghosts here. I’ve explored shipwrecks. Once I was catapulted into space at a local theme park.
The second most frequent is Greenwood, an endless forest. How do I know it is endless? There is a roller coaster that reaches above the near mountains, and lets you see miles out, nothing but massive pines. There are no cities in Greenwood, but communities form among locals who live in cabins along the lakes. This is a calm place, where not much happens. I primarily stay in a large camp (like any summer camp, think camp rock) that is almost always shrouded in night time darkness.
The third most frequent is Steel City, and while that’s a fairly corny name, it makes sense in context. Every detail of this city is cast in metal, copper and steel and all kinds of alloys creating a dazzling array of colors. It’s hectic, and is normally the location for stress induced dreams. Futuristic technology allows massive airborne devices to dot the sky. Occasionally one makes impact with the gigantic towers that create the city’s silhouette. I don’t think it has anything to do with american politics but… certainly could. I always end up lost in a time of panic here.
The fourth is most strange. It’s my childhood home, but warped. It’s all done-up in halloween attire, like a very good haunted house. The sky is black. Not night, black like a TV turned off. You can’t see beyond the yard because of a thick fog, but I’ve wandered as far regardless. Each house on the block is fortified with a tall wooden log fence, pointed and thick, as though skyrim-like medieval fantasy raiders. Like a dragon was about to swoop out of the ink that made the sky and burn the neighborhood down. Despite this, I go about business as usual. Waking up in a bedroom full of flashing lights and goblins grasping at my limbs, and I just kinda go “ah, good morning” and move on. One time Rico Suave was there cleaning the oven. One time I crashed a go kart into the garage. I once went into the basement and found a foggy redwood forest behind one of the doors. I say these things to stress that it is a very chaotic place.
Thank you for reading this, if you have, let me know what kind of stories could be told in these locations? How could I explore these worlds further and learn more? Either way, this post is largely for my own benefit, but thank you.
submitted by ChrdeMcDnnis
to Dream [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:14 Fit_Task396 Friend of a friend
I have a friend of my friend, whom lives in Michigan but his license plate and I believe his driver's license is still Ohio's. He used to live there but no longer does. My understanding is that it is cheaper to drive there to renew once a year than to switch. I'm going to be honest, I do not like this guy and his influence on my friend, is there any trouble he can get into if I report him?
submitted by Fit_Task396
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:00 ferociousfelicity Open Relationship
Hi Anteaters! Last year, I miraculously obtained a girlfriend (score!). However, she says she is now bored of our, to keep it PG, love-making life... I personally am satiated, but I guess she does not feel the same. I am in love with her, and she says she is too, but she would like to see other men, specifically, other UCI students. She says it makes her feel the same spark as she had when she first met me, in Starbucks. That time was one of the last times I was truly happy... but I digress.
I found out recently that she has been going to other guys' dorms in AV and when I asked what she was doing there, she said she was just playing cards against humanity, and Mario Kart. I fear the worst, but I trust her. Since she has come clean, she says she would like to do it more, and I am afraid that I'll start to enjoy the idea of her going over and having other guys enjoying her Rainbow Road.
What do you guys think I should do? I stand at around 5'6, so I am really unable to find any other girl, and honestly, it's a blessing that I was able to be with her, to begin with, and I take the chances I get.
Thanks for reading this far.
submitted by ferociousfelicity
to UCI [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:29 alkant2004 me tryin to go to apple online on ohio man